IGNORED

Atarowg (Atari 2600)

Gemintronic

This is a simple Rogue-like made in less than 7 days for the 7DRL challenge:

http://7drl.org/author/theloon/

Our brave Knight must delve the dungeon depths to retrieve the Eye of Gingrich and bring it back to the castle! Treasure chests contain various items (or nothing). If you find a healing scroll press FIRE to activate it. Weapons and armor are automatically equipped and used. The Eye is hidden in treasure chests below the fifth floor of the dungeon. Once retrieved the Knight must find staircases that lead back up and get back to the first floor! If the Knight gets hit too many times by either the monster or traps he expires and is transported to the nether regions. The nether region has exits that warp our Knight back to the 7th floor. Use the reset switch to restart the game.

* There are one-way exits!

* Objects disappear after the room has been exited.

* If you feel the maze has closed in on you wait awhile..

atarowg.bin

post-13304-0-47018300-1394956354_thumb.png

Special Thanks to:

bogax GroovyBee Omegamatrix RevEng Random Terrain

and AtariAge!

• Like 11

Cool! Just had a quick play. First thoughts :-

- Not sure what the big vertical laser beam thing is :lol:

- Enemies move too fast and home in too quickly so you end up running away and they are sat on top of you.

- Rooms without light need to flicker a bit more frequently.

Having said that, its a good game for 7 days.

• Like 1

Cool! Just had a quick play. First thoughts :-

- Not sure what the big vertical laser beam thing is :lol:

- Enemies move too fast and home in too quickly so you end up running away and they are sat on top of you.

- Rooms without light need to flicker a bit more frequently.

Having said that, its a good game for 7 days.

A rare few remember Adventure Creator. In that game they had floor traps that would flare up and cause problems. This is as close as I could come with one missile free :)

150750-adventure-creator-atari-8-bit-scr

• Like 1

A rare few remember Adventure Creator. In that game they had floor traps that would flare up and cause problems. This is as close as I could come with one missile free :)

Gotcha! Hmmm... Maybe a sword shape would have been better or some kind of wobbling square entity ;). Having said that I've no idea how much control you have over the missile position and width while chasing the beam in bB.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Just a heads up, that this game will be available on cart for the upcoming Cowlitz Gamers For Kids Expo March 28th. theloon has graciously donated this rom to be sold on a physical cart for 100 percent charity. There will be 25 numbered copies made for the show, with packaging in case, instructions, and a couple of extras. No reservations can be made at this time. The name of the game sold at the show will be C@tacombs of Chaos.

• Like 2

I know it's for charity but it's a shame that it's yet another game sold in limited numbers at a US event... Is there any talk of the game being made available to the rest of us, at all? Or is it just going to be a limited run? :)

• Like 1

The programmer(theloon)was gracious enough to offer the rom for the show(which has been updated). He ultimately would have the final say due to being his game, I would consider it with his permission.

swlovinist has full permission to use his updated Atarowg binary for any charitable purpose he chooses. No royalties or rubber duckies required. Would be cool to get my hands on a physical copy myself though :)

• Like 2

swlovinist has full permission to use his updated Atarowg binary for any charitable purpose he chooses. No royalties or rubber duckies required. Would be cool to get my hands on a physical copy myself though :)

The least I an do is make you a "deluxe physical copy" of your own game. It is being done as we speak, and will ship you one at the end of march :)

• Like 1

The game will be sold at the show initially. The game will cost $40.00. I am not taking pre orders. It is on a first come first serve basis for people who attend the show. Right now I am working two very intense jobs and cannot guarantee if and when I do a second run for AA members. I have had special contacts for packaging and materials to do a limited run for the show months ahead of time. In the event that there will be some left over at the show, I will post them here on AA.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

@Gemintronic, I have downloaded your ROM.  The game looks great!  Thank you for sharing it.  Just curious, what does the name atarowg mean?  

@swlovinist, I heard about this game because you showed a little bit of this game on your recent video review of Gamestation Pro.  

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

@Gemintronic, I have downloaded your ROM.  The game looks great!  Thank you for sharing it.  Just curious, what does the name atarowg mean?  

@swlovinist, I heard about this game because you showed a little bit of this game on your recent video review of Gamestation Pro.  

I entered a contest to make a rogue-like game in a limited amount of time.  So, Atarowg was my mash up of Atari and Rogue.  That game engine became C@tacombs of Chaos.

• Like 1