IGNORED

The official Knightmare thread

opcode

Let us publsh it ....

However, I do think you should publish it yourself :)

Cheers!

Didn't you say that now collectorvision will publish only original games and stay far from copyrighted licenses unless you acquire the right?

Edited by youki

That 's the problem with J-F , he says things and forget the next minute... it make me thing to Dory sometimes... :lol:

Yup! Like that Canadian power supply that he said he would send me months ago...the one he forgot to send when I paid big bucks for that one of a kind Anniversary CV system... I think he sent it to the wrong address:

post-29022-0-74443900-1395408106_thumb.jpg

:D

• Like 4

Licenses can be a double-edged sword...they might draw unwanted attention to the CV homebrew market...

I think this is an overstated fear. It's not like all of this stuff isn't on the Web everywhere and there are official sites from the publishers of these wares. That's one of the reasons why we won't be getting any more than one or two homebrews at best on the upcoming ColecoVision Flashback from AtGames because of some type of fear of "alerting those in the know to the presence of unlicensed ports." To me, it's a real loss for the community that these opportunities for greater exposure for the stuff that is actually free and clear isn't explored for fear of exposing the stuff that isn't free and clear. Again, it boggles my mind to think that all of this stuff is not already well known.

And yes, I'm 100% behind the idea of getting licenses whenever possible, though obviously most larger companies are not equipped to handle/conceive of low run (maybe 200 cartridges at best) requests.

And yes, I'm 100% behind the idea of getting licenses whenever possible, though obviously most larger companies are not equipped to handle/conceive of low run (maybe 200 cartridges at best) requests.

I was talking with the creator of a well known game

I asked him about getting a liscence for his game

His first answer was a clear, NO

After explaining a bit what I was going to do and explaining him how homebrews are

He accepted to granted me a liscence

In fact, he was quite happy I contacted him first to get his blessing

CollectorVision is really heading this way, getting more liscences and creating new original games

If you don't ask, then you'll never know for sure

• Like 3

I think this is an overstated fear. It's not like all of this stuff isn't on the Web everywhere and there are official sites from the publishers of these wares. That's one of the reasons why we won't be getting any more than one or two homebrews at best on the upcoming ColecoVision Flashback from AtGames because of some type of fear of "alerting those in the know to the presence of unlicensed ports." To me, it's a real loss for the community that these opportunities for greater exposure for the stuff that is actually free and clear isn't explored for fear of exposing the stuff that isn't free and clear. Again, it boggles my mind to think that all of this stuff is not already well known.

I tried, but they won't license for such small projects...