IGNORED

NIADs Original 135 ColecoVision Games List

NIAD

Following up on another thread that discussed having a complete collection and inspired by Cmart's 125 Game List thread in the Intellivision Forum, I have decided to list things out in more detail. This list of 135 is unique titles and does not take into account release variations such as those made by Coleco of Canada Limitee and CBS Electronics, although there is an Addendum to the list at the end which covers some other unique games for the CV & ADAM.

I have finally decided to include the Bit Corp. titles in this list seeing as they were produced during the ColecoVision's lifespan as well as being made available in CIB form and sold in stores.

The addendum contains some unreleased and prototype games, but by far, not all. You can check my Collector's List attached below for complete listings of these.

Coleco

1. 2010: The Graphic Action Game

2. Antarctic Adventure

3. B.C.'s Quest for Tires II: Grog's Revenge

4. Brain Strainers

5. Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom

6. Bump 'n' Jump

7. BurgerTime

8. Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park

9. Cabbage Patch Kids - Picture Show

10. Carnival

11. ChopLifter!

12. Congo Bongo

13. Cosmic Avenger

14. Dam Busters, The

15. Destructor

16. Donkey Kong

17. Donkey Kong Junior

18. Dr. Seuss Fix-Up the Mix-Up Puzzler

19. Dukes of Hazzard, The

20. Fortune Builder

21. Frenzy

22. Front Line

23. Gorf

24. Illusions

25. Ken Uston Blackjack & Poker

26. Lady Bug

27. Looping

28. Monkey Academy

29. Mouse Trap

30. Mr. Do!

31. Omega Race

32. Pepper II

33. Rocky - Super Action Boxing

34. Roc'N Rope

35. Slither

36. Smurf - Paint'N Play Workshop

37. Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle

38. Space Fury

39. Space Panic

40. Spy Hunter

41. Star Trek - Strategic Operations Simulator

42. SubRoc

43. Super Action Baseball

44. Super Action Football

45. Tapper

46. Tarzan

47. Telly Turtle

48. Time Pilot

49. Turbo

50. Venture

51. Victory

52. WarGames

53. Zaxxon

Coleco of Canada Limitee

54. Evolution

Activision

55. Beamrider

56. Decathlon, The Activision

57. H.E.R.O.

58. Keystone Kapers

59. Pitfall!

60. Pitfall II - Lost Caverns

61. River Raid

62. Zenji

Atari/AtariSoft

63. Centipede

64. Defender

65. Galaxian

66. Jungle Hunt

CBS Electronics

67. Super Action Football (Soccer)

Epyx

68. Gateway to Apshai

69. Jumpman Junior

70. Pitstop

Fisher Price

71. Dance Fantasy

72. Linking Logic

73. Logic Levels

74. Memory Manor

Imagic

75. DragonFire

76. Fathom

77. Moonsweeper

78. Novablast

79. Tournament Tennis

80. Wing War

Interphase

81. Aquattack

82. Blockade Runner

83. Sewer Sam

84. Squish'Em featuring Sam

Micro Fun

85. Heist, The

86. Miner 2049er

87. One on One Basketball

Parker Brothers

88. Frogger

89. Frogger II: Threeedeep!

90. Gyruss

91. James Bond: 007

92. Montezuma's Revenge

93. Mr. Do's! Castle

94. Popeye

95. Q*bert

96. Q*bert's Qubes

97. Star Wars - The Arcade Game

98. Super Cobra

99. Tutankham

Practical Peripherals

100. Super Sketch - Sketch-Master

Probe 2000

101. War Room

Sega

102. Up 'N' Down

Sierra On-Line/SierraVision

103. B.C.'s Quest for Tires

104. Learning with Leeper

105. Oil's Well

106. Sammy Lightfoot

107. Threshold

108. WizMath, The Wizard of Id's

SpectraVision/SpectraVideo

109. Flipper Slipper

110. Frantic Freddy

111. Sector Alpha

112. Spectron

113. Super Cross Force

Spinnaker

114. Alphabet Zoo

115. Facemaker

116. Fraction Fever

117. Jukebox

Sunrise Software

118. Campaign '84

119. Gust Buster

120. Mountain King

121. Quest for Quintana Roo

122. Rolloverture

Xonox

123. Artillery Duel

124. Chuck Norris: SuperKicks

125. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll

126. Motocross Racer

127. Robin Hood

128. Sir Lancelot

129. Slurpy

130. Tomarc the Barbarian

131. Word Feud

Bit Corp.

132. Cosmic Crisis

133. Meteoric Shower

134. Strike It!

135. Tank Wars

ADDENDUM

CBS Electronics

136. Victory (additional game elements versus Coleco release)

Nuvatec

137. The CAT Scheduled Oil Sampling Game (only 1 confirmed to exist)

Sierra On-Line/SierraVision/Sydney Development

138. Energy Quizz (only 1 confirmed to exist)

Splice

139. Castelo (rom file may only exist)

TeleGames UK/USA

140. Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress (Activision)

141. Amazing Bumpman (Number Bumper by Sunrise Software)

142. Boulder Dash (MicroFun)

143. Rock'N Bolt (Activision)

144. Skiing

ColecoVision & ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List v2.10 (2014) (NIAD).rtf

• Like 12

Not to sound picky or anything, but I don't understand why Bit Corp makes it into the main list and not Telegames. I remember buying my copies of Alcazar and Rock 'n Bolt at Toyville, when I was a kid. :)

Also, wasn't Boulder Dash licensed from First Star Software?

Not to sound picky or anything, but I don't understand why Bit Corp makes it into the main list and not Telegames. I remember buying my copies of Alcazar and Rock 'n Bolt at Toyville, when I was a kid. :)Also, wasn't Boulder Dash licensed from First Star Software?

Good point

If Bit Corp games are there, then Telegames should be there as well

Although, I do think those two companies should be seperate from the main list

Yes Luc, you're right, Telegames got the liscence/authorization from First Star for Boulder Dash

Evolution is by: Sydney/Coleco Canada

Thanks J-F and indeed, the Intellivision FORUM has influenced me here.... nothing more! ;)

As far as Evolution, indeed it was made by Sydney, but "Coleco (Canada) Limitee" released it, so that it why I have it listed under them. This is much the same way that many of the Coleco games were developed by outside companies under contract from the company that actually released the game (ie: Cosmic Avenger by Nuvatec), so this is why I have it listed as such. I did list the company name wrong (again!!!) as it should be Coleco (Canada) Limitee'.

post-25956-0-02607400-1395516852_thumb.jpg

What year do the "official colecovision" era releases end.....and what year do the "official homebrew" games begin?

Do they overlap?

Whats the story......I have tried to find a DEFINITIVE list of OFFICIAL COLECOVISION RELEASE TITLES before and no one agrees.

My definition is game titles....not including box/rom variations and country variations......JUST titles released....then homebrew titles.

Will or have someone documented all of the homebrew titles yet? too many to track?

Not to sound picky or anything, but I don't understand why Bit Corp makes it into the main list and not Telegames. I remember buying my copies of Alcazar and Rock 'n Bolt at Toyville, when I was a kid. :)

I struggled with this one as well as the Bit Corp. games as far as putting them in the main list, but if I did, I was worried that I might get a dressing down from J-F considering how much he hates TeleGames. :lolblue:

Seriously though, the main reason I left TeleGames in the Addendum section is because these games were not released during the ColecoVisions life span (Aug, '82 thru Jan. '85) even though they were actually completed by their respective companies. They actually weren't released until 1986/1987 by TeleGames and it must have been incredible to walk into a store and see them available for purchase instead of having to go the mail-order route.

To tell you the truth, I originally had the TeleGames releases listed under their repsective companies with a note that thet were released by TeleGames, but I wimped out knowing for well how J-F feels about TeleGames.

Since I can no longer EDIT the list, if a Mod wants to make the changes, by all means do so... and how about a nice PIN.

• Like 1

Thanks J-F and indeed, the Intellivision FORUM has influenced me here.... nothing more! ;)

As far as Evolution, indeed it was made by Sydney, but "Coleco (Canada) Limitee" released it, so that it why I have it listed under them. This is much the same way that many of the Coleco games were developed by outside companies under contract from the company that actually released the game (ie: Cosmic Avenger by Nuvatec), so this is why I have it listed as such. I did list the company name wrong (again!!!) as it should be Coleco (Canada) Limitee'.

Why Coleco would want to credit Sydney ?

I mean, they never bother to credit their developpers

Maybe, this was requested by Sydney ? Who knows

Sydney also presents the game

I struggled with this one as well as the Bit Corp. games as far as putting them in the main list, but if I did, I was worried that I might get a dressing down from J-F considering how much he hates TeleGames. :lolblue:

Seriously though, the main reason I left TeleGames in the Addendum section is because these games were not released during the ColecoVisions life span (Aug, '82 thru Jan. '85) even though they were actually completed by their respective companies. They actually weren't released until 1986/1987 by TeleGames and it must have been incredible to walk into a store and see them available for purchase instead of having to go the mail-order route.

To tell you the truth, I originally had the TeleGames releases listed under their repsective companies with a note that thet were released by TeleGames, but I wimped out knowing for well how J-F feels about TeleGames.

Since I can no longer EDIT the list, if a Mod wants to make the changes, by all means do so... and how about a nice PIN.

;) , As far as I'm concerned, Telegames and BitCorp are not part of original releases

I'm done with YOU!!! :-D

This is my thread and there will be not be a war of the words (there's one of those already) in it or I will have it locked. ;)

:lol: like you don't already knew I was going to say this! :lol:

Seriously, do whatever you think it's best, it's only my opinion and I know most people collect Telegames and BitCorp anyway :)

• Like 1

Hmmmm, with this logic, we need to change the Intellivision 125 list, Some of the intv 125 were mail order clear into the early 90's! Sorry Cmart, Spiker is no longer on the 125. :grin:

• Like 2

Hmmmm! being relatively new as collector, I never have seen "wide" availability of Bit Corp games, in fact I don't have seen them except a few months ago when Jim got a couple of CIB.

These are rare, obviously not so much as S.O.S, but too rare for being in the main list of releases, specially Tank Wars.

Anyway I have the Cosmic Crisis one by Telegames and Rock'N'Bolt, even the Telegames ones sometimes are difficult to find. Not an idea of how to get Alcazar or Boulder Dash, even less the others.

• Like 1

Nicely done Jim! You should PM Al or Tempest and ask them to Pin it for you as I did with mine and get them to give you editing privileges as well.

My 2 cents on Telegames is that they were somewhat widely available relative to Bit Corp were they not? As I've collected for the CV I've always had them on my list as part of my complete collection list. This is a great resource for all CV fans, especially guys just starting to collect. Well done you.

• Like 1

Knowing not alot of the CV history, and as an outside perscpective.......it appears that these telegames/bit games WERE available to some stores and mail order, same as Intellivision games. They were released by "official" developers were they not? And not by a homebrew guy from his house churning out 50 to 100 copies, right?

IMO, they should be officially part of the list, yes they are rare, but that has nothing to do with it. Intv's Spiker is rare and brings around 1,500 at auction and it is included in the Intv 125 and this was released in early 90's by mail order only. Same logic applies.

You cant argue with deductive reasoning Retroillucid! Take that!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

(but in the end, do what you guys want, im more of intv collector anyway!)

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

What year do the "official colecovision" era releases end.....and what year do the "official homebrew" games begin?

Do they overlap?

Whats the story......I have tried to find a DEFINITIVE list of OFFICIAL COLECOVISION RELEASE TITLES before and no one agrees.

My definition is game titles....not including box/rom variations and country variations......JUST titles released....then homebrew titles.

I would place the end of "Official" releases at the announcement by Coleco that they were dropping support of the ColecoVision, which was Spring/Summer 1985, although this could really be moved back to their announcement of dropping the ADAM in January 1985. Honestly though, even though there is nothing official, you can look to the runup to the X-Mas '84 season and poorer than needed sales as the real end of the CV & ADAM in Coleco's mind.

I would say that "official" homebrew releases started in 1996 with Kevin Horton's Kevtris. Before that there were utility cart releases by ADAM developers that contained programs such as SmartBASIC, ADAM's Desk Top and Coleco Graphics Processor (aka Project Name by Line) and even proto rom files burnt to cartridge, but nothing new specifically for the ColecoVision. I still remember the day the rom image of Kevtris was posted on CompuServe and how amazed everyone was that a new game of such high quality was developed and shared.

Even though the games released by TeleGames are indeed unique titles that were actually developed prior to the CV being abandoned, I still like to think of the "Original" releases being made from Aug. '82 thru Jan.' 85. For instance, even though Fireman by Nice Ideas was probably completed in this timeframe, no one considers it to be an original release, but more of a Homebrew release. If we were to include the TeleGames releases, then we would also have to include all the other unreleased or prototype games such as Escape from the MindMaster, PowerLords, Dig Dug, etc., etc. It's hard to draw the line at times, but imagine the frustration everyone would probably feel if all these games were included in be-all-end-all list for collector's to say they have a complete ColecoVision collection.

Will or have someone documented all of the homebrew titles yet? too many to track?

Checkout my Collectors List supplied above for as near a complete list as you will find of all the Homebrew titles.

The problem I have with the Bit Corp games, other than the fact that they're never up for auction, is that I don't know how to distinguish between a real one and a repro. Hmmm, ok for my own collection, I'm going to ignore the Telegames and Bit Corp, and consider the rest my goal and the other ones as bonuses.

The problem I have with the Bit Corp games, other than the fact that they're never up for auction, is that I don't know how to distinguish between a real one and a repro. Hmmm, ok for my own collection, I'm going to ignore the Telegames and Bit Corp, and consider the rest my goal and the other ones as bonuses.

Oh no, now there are repros of rare games that eletist collectors like cmart cant even tell apart?!!!! When does the insanity end? Man.....

A quick look at my collection indicates that I have 134 of the carts (missing Super Action Soccer - although the cart I do have with that name is most likely an Adan House repro...)

Now if I can get NIAD to offer a billion dollars (OK to greedy - a million) for a game on his want list.... ;-) :grin:

A quick look at my collection indicates that I have 134 of the carts (missing Super Action Soccer - although the cart I do have with that name is most likely an Adan House repro...)

Super Action Soccer was never released in the US. It was released in Europe as "Super Action Football".