IGNORED

NIADs Original 135 ColecoVision Games List

NIAD

A quick look at my collection indicates that I have 134 of the carts (missing Super Action Soccer - although the cart I do have with that name is most likely an Adan House repro...)

Now if I can get NIAD to offer a billion dollars (OK to greedy - a million) for a game on his want list.... ;-) :grin:

I never have seen an ADAM's House repro cart of Super Action Football (Soccer), but there is TeleGames' repro which uses the Bit Corp. cart shell (similar to Coleco's) and a full color reproduction of the CBS label. Is this what you have?

Hmmm, so you have a spare Slurpy CIB? Only a million dollars? This request kind of reminds me of someone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DJtHL3NV1o&feature=player_detailpage

Well, Dr., I'm listening. ;-)

No one is collecting the CAT Oil Sampling Game (until a crate of unused carts at the warehouse turns up!), but it's on the list. I figured the double-enders were still "unique releases" in their own right, available at the time in stores, so would (should?) be on the list. Not trying to ruffle feathers, I was just curious :) Perhaps they could go in the addendum?

No one is collecting the CAT Oil Sampling Game (until a crate of unused carts at the warehouse turns up!), but it's on the list. I figured the double-enders were still "unique releases" in their own right, available at the time in stores, so would (should?) be on the list. Not trying to ruffle feathers, I was just curious :) Perhaps they could go in the addendum?

On the addendum might make sense. I really don't see the double enders from a game owning point of view as any different from say a regular release verses a telegames release or a label variation. They are an interesting item. But I don't think they would constitute a place inside the 135 list. Your not ruffling feathers either. Its a forum/debate and there really isn't any right or wrong answers as to what should or shouldn't be part of the list.I have always thought the Taiwan Cooper releases are kind of cool. But again they are basically just a weird label variation.

Edited by Manoau2002

Why aren't the Xonox double-enders included in this list?

This list of mine isn't a be-all-end-all list of all the variations, reproductions and bootlegs of ColecoVision games, it is just a list of ORIGINAL games that were made and released for the ColecoVision during it's lifespan of Aug. 1982 thru January 1985. The addendum contains a number of other ORIGINAL games that were made during the CV's lifespan that were made available in extremely small quantities to select companies, differed enough from the original release (Victory by CBS) and also includes ORIGINAL games that were released outside of the CV's lifespan. I am starting to think that this list should also include Prototypes and Unreleased games that have been found over the years that were developed/completed during or just after the CV's lifespan.

So with all that being said, all the original Xonox games are listed in this 135 list.

If you are looking for a complete list (or as near complete as I can get it), checkout my CV & ADAM Collectors List that is attached at the bottom of Post #01. You will see that all the variations are included in this list along with a whole lot more.

No because the TeleGames version of Tour. Tennis is a reproduction/re-release of the original that was developed and released by Imagic. TeleGames acquired the distribution rights to a large number of previously released CV titles, so none of these reproductions will ever be listed in an "Original" or "Unique" list such as the one I put together. However, TeleGames did acquire the rights to four games (Boulder Dash, Rock'n Bolt, Alcazar and Number Bumper) from Activision, MicroFun and Sunrise Software that were finished but never released by these companies... so they are listed in the Addendum. Also, TeleGames own Terry Grantham programmed one original game called Skiing that they released, so it is listed in the Addendum as well. I listed these unique TeleGames releases in the Addendum because they were not released during the CV's lifespan, but I am open to moving them to the main list depending on what everyone thinks and if Albert would grant me some editing priviledges.

At worst, just use my Collectors List linked in Post #01 for a list of everything.

• Like 1

I have #1 of 5 for the Team Pixelboy Super Action Soccer release that I will sell Jeff31 for that million dollars he is getting from NIAD! :grin:

Jeff, I'll save you $999,000 and sell you #5 of 5 of Team PixelBoy's Super Action Soccer release. I waited for the last one to get the best deal. :grin:

Jeff, I'll save you $999,000 and sell you #5 of 5 of Team PixelBoy's Super Action Soccer release. I waited for the last one to get the best deal. :grin:

Sad to say that I mis-read the game you needed (darn it - crappy eyesight. No $ for me...)

Personally I think we should include the telegames releases in the original list as I see them as certainly being from the original 'time period' of the console.

Still a good ten years before all the homebrews started emerging and they were all original games too...for me its easy to draw a line. Like fireman is easy not to add as it was never found and released back then...if other original games were found now and released they would not be added. If fireman was released by telegames back then, we would add it then.

As for the bit corp games I don't really see them going on the main list as they were not releases for the colecovision. They were for the Bit 90 system.

But I come up with 139 original games imo for the 'complete' collection.

And I get this by adding the telegames releases of cosmic crisis, tank war and strike it! to the total....of course anyone lucky enough to own the real bit corp versions (niad) haha can of course count those to the total 139.

Also if we did add all 4 official bit corp games I don't think I know anyone that then has a complete coleco collection...I don't think anyone I know has been able to come up with a real bit copy of strike it! .....let alone a cib copy.

If anyone does, please stand up and share it! haha As for the other 3, I think niad may now be the only person to have all 3 cib....does anyone else out there have all 3...or even 2? I know a couple people have 1.... :)

Also do we know the bit games were available in store? I know they were by mail...but have we verified stores? Or verified strike it! at all?

Just my thoughts, great lists as always though Jim! thanks!! :D

Indeed Stupus, these "original" TeleGames and Bit Corp. game releases are a very grey area when considering a list such as the one I assembled here for all ColecoVision collectors. This also holds true for all the unreleased (but complete) and prototype games that have been made available through the efforts of many over the years.

As far as your statement that the "original" TeleGames releases such as Boulder Dash should be included due to the "time period" that they were released, let me throw a monkey wrench into that argument... not for the sake of being difficult, but just trying to expand on the conversation a bit. As we all know, these games were programmed and completed by their respective companies (Activision and MicroFun) during the ColecoVision's lifespan, but they were not officially released for purchase until after the CV's lifespan. The one and only TeleGames developed game, Skiing, was developed and released after the CV's lifespan, so that one is out of the discussion. So with this bit of information known, I decided that these TeleGames releases should be part of the Addendum List and not part of the Original release list of games developed and sold during the CV's lifespan. Then there are the unreleased games such as SteamRoller, Fireman, Pac-Man, PowerLords, etc., etc., that were in fact completed during the CV's lifespan, but did not see an official release to many years later by Homebrewers. Then there are the true prototypes like Joust that were in development during the CV's lifespand, but were never completed. Where I am taking this, if you haven't already realized, is why should a game such as Boulder Dash be included in the Originals section and another such as SteamRoller or Fireman not be included? They were all developed and completed during the CV's lifespan, but ALL of them were released in one way, shape or form after the CV's lifespan.

As far as the Bit Corp. released titles (not the re-releases made by TeleGames), these were all developed and released during the CV's lifespan. They were in fact advertised as being for use with the CV in advertisements as well as on their respective boxes... and yes, Bit90 is listed as well. I confirmed with the seller of Tank Wars and Meteoric Shower that they were in fact sold in stores in Europe (probably likewise in Taiwan) and displayed in the CV section becuase not every store carried the Bit90 computer. So due to how incredibly rare they are and the fact that they were not sold in North America, they should not be included in the "Original" list? I'm not arguing for their inclusion just because I have 3 of the 4, but feel they belong because of all the facts that I have just listed out.

The tricky part of this new list that I have made is that in my honest opinion, it is not a true Collectors List. If you want a true Collectors List, then stick with my other list that I have been maintaining for years and is provided at the end of Post #01. I see this new "Originals" list as more of a "I want to sit down and play all the games that were made for the ColecoVision during it's lifespan either via actual carts or thru an AtariMax MultiCart" checklist and if people want to use it as a basis to keep track of their collection... so be it, but my other list would be a much better list to use.

Thanks for sharing your opinions as well as the props. One thing is a certainty with all of this and that is there will never be 100% agreement by everyone concerning all this.

• Like 1

Yes you have good points on everything :)

We can certainly all agree it is very hard to come up with a finite number to call the 1XX coleco club haha

Most interesting is you talked to the seller of those games and were able to confirm that they were sold on some store shelves....

Only other time I had really heard much on the bit corp games was a Italian guy years ago on digital press who had 2-3 of them...

Makes me wonder if they were sold outside of Italy?? I know there is a huge connection between the Gig toy company and bit corp.

Gig sold the Gamate handheld which was basically bit corp biggest product...so this was another big connection to Italy....

Gig also happened to put out the Italian version of the emerson arcadia....so they had various interests in picking up videogame projects for distribution....

Anyway seems there is a definite connection between the bit stuff and Italy...

Did the seller happen to have any memories of seeing strike it for sale ever?

As for seeing it fit to add the telegames releases to the original lot, I know they were after the colecos official fall...but still certainly 'back in the day' (the 80s)

And it seems easy to separate this from late 90s releases.

Similar to how the inty was officially dead to mattel but then other groups picked it back up and put out a good deal more games that had been started and even more new games, years after mattel dumped it....we still add those in the 125 but they are easy to separate from the homebrews of years later.

And how the 2600 had a couple games from salu into the early 90s but they are original games even though they are just a couple years before the first homebrews ever...

Anyway it certainly is a fine line with the coleco....

I suppose to not add the telegames and bit corp games is the easiest way to have more people get to claim a 'complete collection'

I guess to each his own :) guess by the way the inty guys see it, if you have all 4 bit corp games you will be in the super-ultra-platinum club :D haha