IGNORED

Night Stalker hack

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you're using Windows, use Notepad to make the .bat file as described above.  You can copy and paste the line that starts with the letter c colon backslash from my post.  Adjust the directory path as required to where you have jzintv.exe on your computer. 

Once you have all that set you don't need to type a command.  You do need to execute a program.  Dragging and dropping a game rom file like I described will automatically execute the jzintv program.

also where do i put the text file?

19 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

also how  do i get the night stalker rom? i've been looking for it and all i found is an exe for intellivision lives 2 thats runs night stalker and 2 other games in an exe file and has no roms. i dont understand this. im so confused.

You'll also need the executive rom (exec.bin) and the graphics rom (grom.bin).  Go to an archive site and search for an Intellivision rom collection.  A popular archive site is archive.org.

18 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

but what dose the (-z3 -v1 %1) part mean? what is that for?

The %1 tells it to pass the game rom you're dragging to the jzintv program.  The -v1 tells jzintv to emulate the intellivoice (optional), and -z3 (also optional) tells it to run at 1024x768 resolution.

15 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

also how come when i click the exe for jzintv it opens command prompt for a split second and then instantly crashes and closes?

Without a game rom passed to jzintv the program executes and closes very quickly.

14 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

also where do i put the text file?

The .bat file can be anywhere, I usually put it in the main jzintv folder.  The game rom files can be anywhere as well.

Edited by mr_me

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

You'll also need the executive rom (exec.bin) and the graphics rom (grom.bin).  Go to an archive site and search for an Intellivision rom collection.  A popular archive site is archive.org.

The %1 tells it to pass the game rom you're dragging to the jzintv program.  The -v1 tells jzintv to emulate the intellivoice (optional), and -z3 (also optional) tells it to run at 1024x767 resolution.

Without a game rom passed to jzintv the program executes and closes very quickly.

i just did the command you posted and it did open the game but the window was super tiny and even when i hit F9 to go Fullscreen it was still tiny on a black backround.

On 6/11/2022 at 12:46 PM, Zendocon said:

That's fine.  To get the hacks working, follow the instructions in the link, at the top of the page.  If you still need help, let me know.

hey i finally found a working rom but its an int file and the instructions on your website do not explain anything about how to get the hack to work in my game. how do i get your hack to work in my game?

17 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

i just did the command you posted and it did open the game but the window was super tiny and even when i hit F9 to go Fullscreen it was still tiny on a black backround.

The -z3 option should make a 1024x768 window, the default is 320x 200.

Edited by mr_me

3 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

hey i finally found a working rom but its an int file and the instructions on your website do not explain anything about how to get the hack to work in my game. how do i get your hack to work in my game?

The .int rom is no different than .bin roms.  The hack should work with it the same.

6 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

where do i put the text file though? do i need to put that somewhere in the file for jzintv?

Which text file are you talking about.  The .bat file can be anywhere.  A .cfg file should be in the same folder as the game rom and given the same filename.

4 minutes ago, kinseliplier said:

wait nvm i found rom2bin but it dosent do anything.

It does if you give it a .rom file.  But since you have a .int file, you don't need it.

Edited by mr_me

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

Which text file are you talking about.  The .bat file can be anywhere.  A .cfg file should be in the same folder as the game rom and given the same filename.

It does if you give it a .rom file.  But since you have a .int file, you don't need it.

im talking about the batch file with the C:\jzintv\bin\jzintv.exe -z3 -v1 %1 command

6 minutes ago, mr_me said:

oh i think its working now. my only problem is the screen is tiny and my batch file is supposed to enlarge it.

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Are you dropping the game rom file on jzintv.exe or the .bat file?

im dropping it on the jzintv.exe also i did notice it gets a bit bigger when i lower my screen resolution to 1024x768 but whenever i try to screen record it with my obs it always shows it as a tiny box in the top left corner of the screen on my video with the entire rest of the screen pitch black wich is not at all how i see the game when im actually playing. not sure how to fix that?