IGNORED

[OT - only slightly) SH*T

pjduplooy

Part of me thinks wow, the other part of me thinks-you dick!, I just can't even contemplate buying computer software/hardware then leaving it on a shelf or in its vaccum sealed packaging.

I actually use the stuff that I collect, I have actually thrown away a lot of packaging that would probably have increased the overall value of my collection and I don't give a damn.

I would just love to strap the owner of that collection to a chair then watch him cry like a 4 year old girl as I slowly rip open every piece of packaging in the collection.

But then-I am evil! :grin:

The best is this:

"About the shipments, i think that ship all those items is a great task, and right now I don’t know how much it will cost, but I have a parent that send container all over the world frequently, so I can use his experience to do a proper work..."

How old do you yhink he/she is?

I wonder how long this was on ebay before the auction ended.

I suspect it got killed by eBay and it ended with a "relisting" and the relisting has been cancelled.

Too bad cuz it sounded like he was trying to make a concerted effort to get a good grip on his inventory. I can appreciate that because prepping for eBay is a massive task with stuff like that.

<rant begin>

I spent four hours taking photos yesterday and that was only about 20-30 items max. Now I have to dump them from my phone edit them, re-take where needed, box, measure, weigh, research pricing, create a listing, submit auction, and then wait to see if it sells. P-I-T-A-!-!-! Can't wait for my sh*t to be gone so I can be done with eBay selling. eBay could probably make a boat load more money if they could just make it easier to sell.

<rant over>

Cheers!

-Dano

In 2007 there was a guy who sold this:

The following systems are represented in this auction: Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx, Coleco ColecoVision, Coleco Gemini, Coleco Telstar, Commodore 64/128, GCE Vectrex, Mattel Aquarius, Mattel Intellivision, Mattel Odyssey 2, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Xbox 360, APF TV Fun, Miscellaneous Handheld Games, Miscellaneous PC Games, SC Eight Thousand, Sega Pods, Miscellaneous TV Games, NEC Turbo Duo, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo NES, Nintendo Nintendo 64, Nintendo Super NES, Nintendo Virtual Boy, Nintendo Wii, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Game Gear, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, Sega Saturn, SNK Neo Geo, SNK Neo Geo Pocket, Sony Playstation, Sony Playstation 2, Texas Instruments TI 99/4A, VM Labs Nuon.

Sold for $9000

In 2007 there was a guy who sold this:

The following systems are represented in this auction: Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx, Coleco ColecoVision, Coleco Gemini, Coleco Telstar, Commodore 64/128, GCE Vectrex, Mattel Aquarius, Mattel Intellivision, Mattel Odyssey 2, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Xbox 360, APF TV Fun, Miscellaneous Handheld Games, Miscellaneous PC Games, SC Eight Thousand, Sega Pods, Miscellaneous TV Games, NEC Turbo Duo, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo NES, Nintendo Nintendo 64, Nintendo Super NES, Nintendo Virtual Boy, Nintendo Wii, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Game Gear, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, Sega Saturn, SNK Neo Geo, SNK Neo Geo Pocket, Sony Playstation, Sony Playstation 2, Texas Instruments TI 99/4A, VM Labs Nuon.

Sold for $9000

That wasn't the one that started off at like $50-75k was it? I remember something a few years back about a private vintage computer collection, it was up there in price too. I think that was different now that I think of it. Seems like there were more pre-80 machines involved.

Cheers!

-Dano