IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

NGDEVTEAM has started pre-orders on their Last Hope Pink Bullets CE version this morning. Here is what they have to say on their Facebook page!

Newsletter: [NGDEV] Pink Bullets NEOGEO AES (presale is open)

Dear customers,

the pre-selling for Last Hope Pink Bullets AES is now open.

We start with the "Collector Edition" [CE].
The later coming LE will cost 50 EUR less, but comes without any extras.

Last Hope Pink Bullets AES CE ENG/JPN combined is limited to 100 units worldwide!
Overall the limitation is set to ~150 units (CE+LE)

The CE comes with a few extras, that won't be included in the later LE:

Exclusive for CE: offset printed posters
Exclusive for CE: bookmark stickers
Exclusive for CE: postcards
Only with CE: Professional pressed soundtrack CD (OST/AST)

How is Pink Bullets different to classic Last Hope?

Here is a comparison:

Tripled MEGS count: 186 MEGS -> 524 MEGS

Last Hope Pink Bullets specific features

- Updated explosion graphics/new enemy
- Fully STEREO professional remastered soundtrack
- Added music tracks
- Voice narrated intro
- Partially arranged soundtrack / new voice fx
- Instant respawn during one credit
- Higher player ship speed from beginning
- Players ship does permanently equip the Rotary Protection Unit
- Protection unit itself can destroy enemies
- Five difficulty settings
- Overall less hard difficulty
- Altered stage color theme for higher Visibility
- Advanced scoring system, with beam chaining multiplier/combo meter
- Pink enemy bullets
- Increased player weapon power

Best regards,
NG : DEV . TEAM

Anthony...

• Like 2

Anybody have any tips for me on Magical Drop 3? There are a lot of youtube vids from people who are just awesome at it.

I remember way back picking up a 'tips and cheats' kind of book for NES that had tetris in it. Even though it was just a couple paragraphs on basic strategy it helped me hugely. So what's everybody's basic strategy?

During the game, I'm finding that my brain is a bit low on free cycles to plot strategy or analyze the playfield. Bouncing anime girls don't help.

I've gotten to the point where I finally no longer forget which button does what mid-game.

• Like 1

I've been trying to purchase Magical Drop 3 for the AES system in Japanese for a while now. Fun game! But its over $1,000 bucks (Ebay prices of course) and I'm slowly trying to save for the game to have in my collection!

Holy jeez, I keep forgetting how expensive some of these get on AES.

It's a different world, that's probably not a good fit for my income bracket.

My cheap self hesitated before coughing up the $50 for a loose mvs version.

Holy jeez, I keep forgetting how expensive some of these get on AES.

It's a different world, that's probably not a good fit for my income bracket.

My cheap self hesitated before coughing up the $50 for a loose mvs version.

Hey, you really what to see something insane? Look at this sellers auction on the complete English Metal Slug AES series. The seller wants $399,999.99 on Ebay! Talk about insanity!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Metal-Slug-Anthology-Complete-1-2-X-3-4-5-US-Neo-Geo-AES-VideoGameX-/290790567247?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43b477ed4f

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Probably not mentioned yet here, but, besides NG DEV TEAM, Neobitz is also developing new MVS game(s), the first game, Knight's Chance, is almost ready for release. You may also reserve the standard kit here

http://www.neobitz.com/KnightsChance

That's correct Vince!

For those that aren't familiar with this product. Knights Chance is a new gambling game that is during the medieval time period The game will be soon released for the MVS system . Its also been mention that an AES release will debut shortly.

Jeff Kurtz (JMKurtz) at Neobitz is a popular and a respect member in the Neo-Geo community. He is a great programmer and trusted by many on the forums and outside the community. Unlike some members on the forums at neo-geo.com that have a checkered past, Jeff has gained the confidence from the Neo-Geo members overall. If you have questions on Knight's Chance, please contact him regarding this game or if you have questions regarding the Neo.

Here is a Youtube video to view it for yourself!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

All 100 pre-orders for Last Hope: Pink Bullets CE version have now officially been filled at an impressive rate of only three days! Thank you for your support.

The LE (Limited Edition) version will be out shortly! Only 50 will be available for pre-orders!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Do you know when more MVS versions of Last Hope, Fast Striker, or XYX will be up for sale?

They said somewhere in 2014. Originally, they wanted March 17. However NGDEVTEAM is known for delaying their products. If anything, I can update that information when they announce it here on this thread!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Well, I'm getting slightly better at Magical Drop 3. Only once today did I totally forget which button did what, which used to happen all the time with all the stuff going on. I don't exactly know if there's any special order to the characters, but I tend to go up against this old man in the 6th round who I finally beat for the first time today...only to get schooled by some upside down kid in the next round.

I'm still up for any tips I can get on the game. This is a hard title--plays more like an action game than a puzzler.

I recently got one of those xrgb-mini scaler units and the quality of the Omega/SCART combo through it is nothing short of stunning. I took a fairly high-res pic in case anybody's on the fence as far as the scaler goes. It's a photo of a screen, so the colors are a little washed out, but the detail of the scene is still visible.

post-17659-0-02696000-1396120860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Well, I'm getting slightly better at Magical Drop 3. Only once today did I totally forget which button did what, which used to happen all the time with all the stuff going on. I don't exactly know if there's any special order to the characters, but I tend to go up against this old man in the 6th round who I finally beat for the first time today...only to get schooled by some upside down kid in the next round.

I'm still up for any tips I can get on the game. This is a hard title--plays more like an action game than a puzzler.

I recently got one of those xrgb-mini scaler units and the quality of the Omega/SCART combo through it is nothing short of stunning. I took a fairly high-res pic in case anybody's on the fence as far as the scaler goes. It's a photo of a screen, so the colors are a little washed out, but the detail of the scene is still visible.

attachicon.gifP1190398.JPG

Glad your making progress on the game.

Anthony...

I'm recently getting back into Magician Lord after a 10 year absence! Man,that game was difficult to play even after all these years! At the arcade I think I spend over $5.00 in quarters every time I was there and a total of $50.00! Sadly, I never beat the game for the MVS!

Sadly I never beat the MVS version. :(

The AES is different after a million times trying! ;-)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Neobitz as announced on its Facebook page that the MVS PCBs for Knights Chance have arrived! Here is what they said!

"Assembled MVS PCBs have arrived, along with most of the artwork (marquees in route). Testing, packing and shipping very soon!"

The AES pre-orders will start very soon according to Jeff!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Call me weird, but Knight's Chance has always seemed considerably more interesting to me than the ngdevteam stuff. Granted any of these new games are well over my price range.

I love shooters, but I play them for the same reason I play fighting games--for the interesting backgrounds (oddly). These new shooters just don't look like my kind of thing. Knight's chance on the other hand, is clearly a very polished and unique title, which would fill a video-poker shaped gap in my collection. Still probably too much for my cheap self, though.

There are still a lot of cheaper old titles I have to add to my collection first. Shock Troopers, Riding Hero, Crossed Swords, Windjammers--just to name a few of the higher priority gaps in my collection. It's hard to spend on new titles when quality old ones are left to buy.

• Like 1

Call me weird, but Knight's Chance has always seemed considerably more interesting to me than the ngdevteam stuff. Granted any of these new games are well over my price range.

I love shooters, but I play them for the same reason I play fighting games--for the interesting backgrounds (oddly). These new shooters just don't look like my kind of thing. Knight's chance on the other hand, is clearly a very polished and unique title, which would fill a video-poker shaped gap in my collection. Still probably too much for my cheap self, though.

There are still a lot of cheaper old titles I have to add to my collection first. Shock Troopers, Riding Hero, Crossed Swords, Windjammers--just to name a few of the higher priority gaps in my collection. It's hard to spend on new titles when quality old ones are left to buy.

I also think that Knight's Chance is interesting because I haven't played a good gambling game in years! Much as I like shooters and fighting games on the MVS & AES, its a nice to see a change in pace from what the Neo-Geo is greatly known for! I think a good board or sports game would be nice on the units for now!

A racing game? Maybe....However I never liked using a joystick for them. Wouldn't feel right unless I use the Neo-Geo CD controllers!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Neobitz on their shop page has added more Knight's Chance MVS Collector's Editions after they sold out previously! If you still want to have a chance to purchase this option bundle, you can do so right now!

Collector's Edition Includes:

• MVS Cartridge
  • MVS Cartridge Box
  • MVS Cartridge Bubble Bag
  • Game Flyers
  • Mini Marquee
  • Shockbox with Insert
  • Knight's Chance Custom Playing Cards
  • Game Poster
  • Serial Number Reservation

http://www.neobitz.com/KnightsChance

Anthony...