IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Enjoying the weekends with a good SNK anime movie called "Fatal Fury: The Legend of the Hungry Wolf.". Its the movie based on the first FF but with some extras to make it unique and stand out from it!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

I haven't played much neo geo lately, but yesterday I spent a good bit of time watching the attract mode of its games. My favorite is the first of the two Last Blade 2 demos (though the necklace one is cool too).

Love the Last Blade series! Showed how much was put into the game and how good they were to show that the Neo-Geo platform still had much to offer!

Anthony...

Hey guys. Yesterday I made an awesome neo geo purchase locally. Yesterday I came home with the CIB English AES version of NInja Commando. I got a nice deal on it too.

I saw a craigslist ad that was just posted showing a picture of a dusty box filled with 13 US neo geo games plus the console and 2 controllers. I called him up asking if he would let me buy a certain game instead of buying the whole lot. He had some really great titles in there too. Some highlights were Fatal Fury, Burning Fight, King of the Monsters, Samurai Shodown, Eightman , World Heros 2, and NInja Commando.

The man sure was an interesting character though. He was also a heavy smoker. :P He said that his nephew gave him all the games and they were just sitting in his garage for months. I asked about Ninja Commando and he said that he would give it to me for half of what it goes for on ebay. This ended up being $200. Not a crazy deal but I'm happy with it.

If only I had more money, I would have bought more games from him. The games were all in nice condition. Ninja Commando has a nice box, manual, and game cart. It's a super fun game and I can't wait to play it through with a friend. This brings my total Neo Geo count to 8 games! Not that many compared to you guys but I don't have tons of money to drop on these games. :P Time for pictures!:

• Like 1

Hey guys. Yesterday I made an awesome neo geo purchase locally. Yesterday I came home with the CIB English AES version of NInja Commando. I got a nice deal on it too.

I saw a craigslist ad that was just posted showing a picture of a dusty box filled with 13 US neo geo games plus the console and 2 controllers. I called him up asking if he would let me buy a certain game instead of buying the whole lot. He had some really great titles in there too. Some highlights were Fatal Fury, Burning Fight, King of the Monsters, Samurai Shodown, Eightman , World Heros 2, and NInja Commando.

The man sure was an interesting character though. He was also a heavy smoker. :P He said that his nephew gave him all the games and they were just sitting in his garage for months. I asked about Ninja Commando and he said that he would give it to me for half of what it goes for on ebay. This ended up being $200. Not a crazy deal but I'm happy with it.

If only I had more money, I would have bought more games from him. The games were all in nice condition. Ninja Commando has a nice box, manual, and game cart. It's a super fun game and I can't wait to play it through with a friend. This brings my total Neo Geo count to 8 games! Not that many compared to you guys but I don't have tons of money to drop on these games. :P Time for pictures!:

Nice pick up on Ninja Commando! Hey don't cut yourself short! Your collection is growing and its understandable that it takes time! My collection took awhile to build as well! But like they say, Rome wasn't built in a day! Anyway! Awesome find!

Anthony...

Here is my Neo Geo collection thus far. It's not much but it sure is enough to have a lot of fun with!

Looking good acromite and I like the way you have them lined up! If you want a good Ebay seller from Japan that handles Neo-Geo products, look up "hit-japan". I purchased games from that user many times in the past! The seller has a "Top Rated Plus" ribbon! So its someone you can trust from overseas!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Finishing up the weekends watching Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle.

After defeating Geese Howard, Terry ,Andy and Joe went on their ways to continue their training! However, Geese's half brother Wolfgang Krauser seeks out Terry Bogard to test his powers and for humiliating Geese! A good movie and my favorite out of the SNK anime lineups in the series!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Ha, I own FF2 on VHS. Bought it pretty much brand-new. So much better than the sh*t stain known as FATAL FURY: THE MOTION PICTURE.

Right! I didn't care for FF: The Motion Picture at all! The girl in the flick was so annoying! The story line I didn't like and should've stick to the video game story! I'll post it on this thread later so others can judge for themselves!

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

That has to be one of the dumbest names invented in anime: LAOCORN GOEDIMUS. The kind of name that means "he who gets his ass kicked in school for having this kind of name". The Motion Picture sucked on so many levels..

Hahahahahahahahaha! :lolblue: :lolblue: :rolling: :rolling: Oh man! How did they get away with that and put it on the market!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Okay I finished watching the final movie out of the Fatal Fury anime movie series. Its called Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture! Its not my personal favorite. But everyone as their own thoughts and reviews! The credit music is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJysdgx3Hpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Looking good acromite and I like the way you have them lined up! If you want a good Ebay seller from Japan that handles Neo-Geo products, look up "hit-japan". I purchased games from that user many times in the past! The seller has a "Top Rated Plus" ribbon! So its someone you can trust from overseas!

Anthony...

Thanks man I appreciate it. Actually hit-japan is who I bought my neo geo from back in December. They are a great ebay store.

• Like 1

Thanks man I appreciate it. Actually hit-japan is who I bought my neo geo from back in December. They are a great ebay store.

Your right! When it comes to Neo-Geo stuff, that seller is on my top list. If your looking for something (regardless of what game or system) they welcome to take your request and try the best on what they can do!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I haven't played much neo geo lately, but yesterday I spent a good bit of time watching the attract mode of its games. My favorite is the first of the two Last Blade 2 demos (though the necklace one is cool too).

The Last Blade series are beautiful to look at but I could never get into the fighting style. I much prefer the pace of the KOF series.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Interesting news

SNK Playmore sues Square Enix and get their offices raided by the police!

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13494.shtml#67902

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868814

"According to a report by the MSN Sankei, Square Enix's main office in Tokyo and related personnel were raided on August 5 by the Osaka district police due to a criminal complaint filed by SNK Playmore.

The claim alleges that SNK Playmore's intellectual properties were being infringed by Square Enix's publishing division in their popular arcade manga "High-score Girl". Police officials will be looking through confiscated evidence and will be conducting interrogations to the editor as well as the author, Rensuke Oshikiri.

"High-score Girl" is a love comedy manga that takes place in Japan during the 1990s and features many scenes with fighting games which was the big trend at the time. SNK Playmore claims that the manga has over 100 cutscenes featuring characters from their games including KOF and Samurai Shodown. The end pages of the books have © printed with SNKPlaymore's company name, making it look as though they were published under permission.

SNK Playmore realized the infringement when anime production for High-score Girl began in summer of 2013 and its production company contacted them for authorization on the use of their characters and music. The company filed suit this May."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Interesting news

SNK Playmore sues Square Enix and get their offices raided by the police!

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13494.shtml#67902

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868814

SNIP

Anthony...

From what I understand (ie hearsay) is that SE got permission from other companies before they made the manga. I haven't read the manga, but in my eyes it looks to be fair use. It's not like it's starring the characters from Samurai Shodown or anything.

I'd love to hear Cebus The Lawyer's opinion on this.

Edited by BDW

Today, I'm playing NAM-1975 for the Neo-Geo AES. A great early shooter for the system that will keep you occupied and worth buying to start or continue you collection on the Neo-Geo platform!

I've been trying to get hold of that game for a while now, but the right price and right timing have never lined up at the same time. It looks really complex to control, but I've never played anything like it so it's high on my buy list.

It's one of those weird games that's actually more expensive and harder to get for my MVS's than the usually pricey AES. King of Monsters, Riding Hero, and Crossed Swords are also pretty high up on my list of 'easier to get on AES' MVS games.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1