IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Just tried my AES with a cheap SCART to YUV converter on my new Sony TV. Works perfect and has no sync problems during bright flashes like every other TV I tried. This is good as the new TV doesn't have analog VGA so I can't use my XRGB 2+ with it on this set.

World Heroes Perfect on my AES via the Super Converter V2.

WOW! Nicely done Ninja! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm watching the animated movie "Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture". I enjoy this anime flick and thought it was much better than Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture! Good story line and mostly sticks to the feel of the video game series! Enjoy!

Anthony...

This thread says it's offic

This thread should be pinned.

• Like 1

Hi Starf,

Originally, the site didn't have much topics in regarding Neo-Geo. So I figured its best to start a Neo-Geo thread for those that enjoy the platform as much as I do. We have a good amount of members that do and future enthusiasts that are considering on purchasing a Neo-Geo CMVS, AES, CD, NGPC, etc.This thread was started in March of 2014, and grew as time continued throughout the year!

Of course its not as big as the neo-geo.com forums, but its an alternative for those that like to come by and discuss anything related to the Neo-Geo and the SNK/P company! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm playing "Ghostlop" on my computer. This is a unreleased game developed by Data East and was for the Neo-Geo platform! Its a fun puzzle game with good music! Similar to Bust-A-Move and with a quite storyline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyL3F05Sogw

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Well, I've been having a bit of trouble with the MAS 'opticon' stick again. I thought I had fixed the 'stuck right' issue last time, but it came back again, so I took the whole thing apart. I must have spent at least a full hour with my hands in its guts fiddling around and adjusting the screw tensions. Once again, it's working fine--but for how long this time? What a fiddly thing these MAS sticks are. Pretty nice when its working, though. This time I wedged a seal from an e-cig atomizer under the screw that needs to come up so the other side can go down. At least I think that's what fixed it... Adjusting the thing is a bit like riding a unicycle. A quarter turn too far on any one of those 4 screws and it all goes wrong. Wrong as in pressing left might activate both right and left, or maybe the same screw makes down stop working.

I had put the neo geo down entirely for quite some time because I've been dreading 'tune up the stick' night.

Right now I've got some Real Bout FF Special going on the other screen. I'm really getting my rear handed to me at difficulty 4. At least I can't blame the stick anymore. I really should take half a day sometime and play just one fighting game for long enough not to completely suck at it.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I just bought a Neo Geo CD console from a user at neo-geo.com, so it looks like that will be my starting point for the system.

Congratulations on your NGCD! I'm sure you'll enjoy and wont regret it! My first Neo-Geo system was a NGCD top loader and I still have it! Its a great starting unit to begin your Neo-Geo collection. Let us know what you think of it once you played it :)

Anthony...

Well, I've been having a bit of trouble with the MAS 'opticon' stick again. I thought I had fixed the 'stuck right' issue last time, but it came back again, so I took the whole thing apart. I must have spent at least a full hour with my hands in its guts fiddling around and adjusting the screw tensions. Once again, it's working fine--but for how long this time? What a fiddly thing these MAS sticks are. Pretty nice when its working, though. This time I wedged a seal from an e-cig atomizer under the screw that needs to come up so the other side can go down. At least I think that's what fixed it... Adjusting the thing is a bit like riding a unicycle. A quarter turn too far on any one of those 4 screws and it all goes wrong. Wrong as in pressing left might activate both right and left, or maybe the same screw makes down stop working.

I had put the neo geo down entirely for quite some time because I've been dreading 'tune up the stick' night.

Right now I've got some Real Bout FF Special going on the other screen. I'm really getting my rear handed to me at difficulty 4. At least I can't blame the stick anymore. I really should take half a day sometime and play just one fighting game for long enough not to completely suck at it.

Sorry about your MAS stick. But I'm glad you have it working again! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm playing "Nightmare in the Dark" for the MVS. Developed in the year 2000 by Gavaking / Eleven, this was one of the last titles published by the old SNK! Its the story of a gravedigger who lived at a very small village in a remote region. He lived a quiet, solitary life in a corner of the cemetery. He kept away from the village people due to his very ugly appearance. One day, he found the graves were ransacked and some corpses were stolen. He didn't want the village people to find out, so he decided to eliminate the grave burglars by himself. Thus, he patrolled the cemetery every night. Try this title out!

Anthony...

Thanks for the post =). 138 in 1 is avail on AliExpress for 100$ shipped ATM.

Thanks also to whoever posted about ngdev team reprints! Looks like I will get a Fast Striker!!!

You're welcome kind sir! I did the NGDEVTEAM reprints updats as well for the convenience to the members! Please feel free to come by and post your Neo-Geo projects and views here at anytime! :)

Anthony...

I received my Neo Geo CD system, and the seller included his stash of burned games. I played a bunch of Metal Slug 2 and Pulstar.

Metal Slug 2 I remember playing once at the arcade, the Battle Camel™ cracked me up! And I apparently rescued a prisoner who followed me throwing hadoukens for the rest of the stage.

Pulstar looks like it's essentially Neo Geo R-Type, and every bit as hard.

• Like 1

I received my Neo Geo CD system, and the seller included his stash of burned games. I played a bunch of Metal Slug 2 and Pulstar.

Metal Slug 2 I remember playing once at the arcade, the Battle Camel™ cracked me up! And I apparently rescued a prisoner who followed me throwing hadoukens for the rest of the stage.

Pulstar looks like it's essentially Neo Geo R-Type, and every bit as hard.

Glad that you like the NGCD!

Its a great system and an excellent purchase to begin collecting for the Neo-Geo! Come by to post more about your collection and personal reviews about the games that you purchase in the future! :)

Anthony...

Glad that you like the NGCD!

Its a great system and an excellent purchase to begin collecting for the Neo-Geo! Come by to post more about your collection and personal reviews about the games that you purchase in the future! :)

Anthony...

I tried burning a copy of Magician Lord, it works, but the first stage has no music, and I think some voice samples are messed up.

I wanted a real NGCD game, so I bought a cheap copy of KoF 95, it's on its way. From what I gather it's cheap because of the excessive loading during matches.

• Like 1