IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I wanted a real NGCD game, so I bought a cheap copy of KoF 95, it's on its way. From what I gather it's cheap because of the excessive loading during matches.

No argument here on KoF 95! The loading time is enough to drive you bonkers! I haven't touched that game on the NGCD for awhile!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Tonight, I will be playing "Crystalis" for the NES. A superb RPG/action-adventure title by SNK that debuted in 1990 and still has a cult following to this day. Even gamers that never played or noticed this game before are amazed on the quality that SNK help produced in this! Fun to play and as usual, the replay value is high!

Anthony...

I'm currently playing Crystalis, too.

ProTip: be careful not to select SAVE instead of LOAD when restoring your game, you will wipe out your progress.

Ask me how I know this.

Here's the Hardcore Gaming 101 profile on Crystalis http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/crystalis/crystalis.htm

Edited by Gentlegamer
  • Like 1

I'm currently playing Crystalis, too.

ProTip: be careful not to select SAVE instead of LOAD when restoring your game, you will wipe out your progress.

Ask me how I know this.

Here's the Hardcore Gaming 101 profile on Crystalis http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/crystalis/crystalis.htm

Yeah, I found that out the hard way many years ago! Don't press save instead of load! Thanks for the link. :)

Anthony...

I just picked up Crystalis as well. No Idea how to play it plus I need to change the battery.

Hi,

Its great to play and its worth loving it as you progress into the storyline. If you need help in your endeavors into the game. The video I provided can help you out!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

A rare "Quiz Chibi Maruko Chan Deluxe" is up for auction for the Neo-Geo AES. Would love to get this game. But unfortunately, its going way to much for me. :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-AES-QUIZ-CHIBI-MARUKO-CHAN-DELUXE-Original-SNK-neogeo-/291345699767?pt=FR_Jeux_Vid%C3%A9o&hash=item43d58e93b7

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing World Heroes Anthology for the PS2. I enjoy this title and happy that this game came out for gamers to play. It includes WH, WH2, WH2JET, and WHP! An excellent collection and a must for SNK and World Heroes fans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3NatxJw80Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9c0YrXPi0U

Anthony...

You know what's one Neo Geo game that doesn't get much love?

Puzzled (aka "Joy Joy Kid")

Puzzled.jpg

People just pass it off as a boring Tetris clone without actually playing it. Weighing in at just 22 Mb, it's the most graphically primitive of the entire Neo Geo library. But it's the gameplay that matters most, and Puzzled excels in that regard. You don't simply clear lines, but instead must solve each puzzle to release the balloon at the bottom of the stage. As the game progresses the pieces begin to drop faster and faster. The game enjoys putting you at the edge of your seat, particularly when the "serious business" music starts playing. But all remains fair, and when you survive with your split-second decisions, it's an incredible sense of accomplishment.

To get the true ending, you also have to beat it twice Ghosts 'n' Goblins style. I've never done it.

• Like 1

You know what's one Neo Geo game that doesn't get much love?

Puzzled (aka "Joy Joy Kid")

Puzzled.jpg

People just pass it off as a boring Tetris clone without actually playing it. Weighing in at just 22 Mb, it's the most graphically primitive of the entire Neo Geo library. But it's the gameplay that matters most, and Puzzled excels in that regard. You don't simply clear lines, but instead must solve each puzzle to release the balloon at the bottom of the stage. As the game progresses the pieces begin to drop faster and faster. The game enjoys putting you at the edge of your seat, particularly when the "serious business" music starts playing. But all remains fair, and when you survive with your split-second decisions, it's an incredible sense of accomplishment.

To get the true ending, you also have to beat it twice Ghosts 'n' Goblins style. I've never done it.

Yes, puzzled is a true underrated game! I wish more people were interested in it!

Anthony...