IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back again showing SNK commercials. This morning, were going to look at the NGPC and how its beginnings with its demonstration line up for this little gem of a unit during the "I'm not BOY" marketing ploy .

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Is Snk still making Aes games now and then or is Razion a homebrew?

Hi Alex,

SNK/P discontinued Neo-Geo titles in 2004 with Samurai Shodown V Special as their last official release. Two different versions exist. A fixed and unfixed AES cartridges regarding them. Razion is made by a German developer called NGDEVTEAM which have been around since 2001. :)

Here's a link to the official page for them. http://ngdevteam.com/

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

fdurso224, October 25th 1990 is the day I came up with for the official US release after some research. As you know, I got mine less than a month later. What you probably don't know is who I am. I am Ter, the founder of Zap!, a fanzine I produced from September, 1991 to January, 1993. It focused mainly on systems that were either old (Atari 2600) or didn't get much attention, such as the Neo-Geo, which was my favorite of the "new" systems at the time. I also run Zap! forums, Facebook, and have a YouTube, with a link in my sig.

I normally charge $10 for all 8 issues, but for you? Nothing. Not even a stamp. You helped me when I had Neo-Geo questions about my serial number. There aren't that many people out there who love the Neo-Geo and are as knowledgeable as your are, and by giving you all these issues, it will make my day knowing someone will appreciate what I wrote when I was only 18. PM me, and I'll get them out right away.

For more on Zap! fanzine, just follow this link:

http://www.zaponline.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=19

• Like 1

fdurso224, October 25th 1990 is the day I came up with for the official US release after some research. As you know, I got mine less than a month later. What you probably don't know is who I am. I am Ter, the founder of Zap!, a fanzine I produced from September, 1991 to January, 1993. It focused mainly on systems that were either old (Atari 2600) or didn't get much attention, such as the Neo-Geo, which was my favorite of the "new" systems at the time. I also run Zap! forums, Facebook, and have a YouTube, with a link in my sig.

I normally charge $10 for all 8 issues, but for you? Nothing. Not even a stamp. You helped me when I had Neo-Geo questions about my serial number. There aren't that many people out there who love the Neo-Geo and are as knowledgeable as your are, and by giving you all these issues, it will make my day knowing someone will appreciate what I wrote when I was only 18. PM me, and I'll get them out right away.

Thanks Zap.

I'm happy to be of service and that you were satisfied with my overall knowledge on the Neo-Geo. If you have anymore inquires pertaining to the platforms of the Neo-geo or SNK/Playmore, please feel free to post here on the thread!

How very considerate and thoughtful of you for the generous offer . I'm not home right now. But, I'll take a look on my PC regarding your link and will PM you when I have the chance.

Thank you again.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi Ter,

PM sent!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

A NGCD front loader is up on Ebay. The owners claims that this unit is serial no.1. What a remarkable find to see a unit at that number. He wants $4,000 dollars for the piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171853469494?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon, I'm playing. "The Kong of Fighters 95" for the NGCD! When I first began collecting for the Neo-Geo, I went the inexpensive route at first and purchased a top loader for $199 dollars at a local game store in the Bronx. One of the first games that came with the bundled unit was KOF' 95 and still enjoy my days for collecting for the CD system when I was in college for my undergraduate degree in college. Still a fun title even if the loading time is extensive!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Very nice collection of NGDEVTEAM's Neo-Geo English titles courtesy of Jeff Geske. Thank you for uploading this on Facebook on NGDEVTEAM's page.

461793_10207677580044272_849307236725858

11742677_10153463871354346_2182269717991

Plus, here's the Japanese collection from member Nicolas PM. Nicely done I must say!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

If anyone can answer these questions, I'd appreciate it:

1. I recall a puzzle game for the Neo-Geo Platform. All I remember is a girl with pink hair and 3 eyes. Anyone know what it is?

2. I also recall a game that appears similar to the Arcade Version of Nintendo's Punch-Out, but with Swords instead of Boxing. Anyone know what that one is?

3. I know the Neo-Geo Pocket (Color) had a couple of RPGs, but what about the Neo-Geo CD or MVS?

• Like 1

If anyone can answer these questions, I'd appreciate it:

1. I recall a puzzle game for the Neo-Geo Platform. All I remember is a girl with pink hair and 3 eyes. Anyone know what it is?

2. I also recall a game that appears similar to the Arcade Version of Nintendo's Punch-Out, but with Swords instead of Boxing. Anyone know what that one is?

3. I know the Neo-Geo Pocket (Color) had a couple of RPGs, but what about the Neo-Geo CD or MVS?

Hi Redd.

1. Its Magical Drop 1,2,3.

2. Its Crossed Swords I and II

3. Not much RPG for the Neo-Geo CD or MVS. Just Crossed Sowrds I, II, and Samurai Showdown RPG for the CD are really the best choices as of now.

Hope this helps. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

In addition to what fdurso224 mentioned, Riding hero and Stakes Winner 1/2 also had light RPG elements. They're primarily racing games, and I wouldn't recommend playing those games just for those "RPG elements." Arcade and role-playing tend not to mix well together. Ideally the NEO would rather you totally lose in just a few minutes and then chuck more money in. Ain't nobody got time for an RPG under that constraint.

• Like 1

In addition to what fdurso224 mentioned, Riding hero and Stakes Winner 1/2 also had light RPG elements. They're primarily racing games, and I wouldn't recommend playing those games just for those "RPG elements." Arcade and role-playing tend not to mix well together. Ideally the NEO would rather you totally lose in just a few minutes and then chuck more money in. Ain't nobody got time for an RPG under that constraint.

Nicely said as usual Reaper! :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were back doing comparison videos of Neo-Geo games on the MVS and the NGCD. Were going to look at KOF'95 to judge which of the pair is more playable and enjoyable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqObusK5i1U

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey Zap!

I received your 8 issues today. Thank you once again. I'll be reading them soon and be on high notice on your Neo-Geo opinions in the informative paragraphs in the articles ahead. :-D

Thank you as usual.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Its always nice to see female gamers involved with video games. This afternoon, were going to watch new Neo-Geo gamers Heidi & Becky playing the AES with their first game Cyber Lip.

Glad that both of these enthusiastic young ladies are enjoying the Neo-Geo just like its loyal followers do!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Cant wait to see more from their NG series!

Hi VQC,

Me too. They have another upload regarding the Neo-Geo AES. I'll post that one later for the community to view! Another cool thing is that they're from Sweden! Always wanted to see how the Scandinavian players play and enjoy video games! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224