IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Here's a brief video of an American commercial with the NGPC!

NGP came out right when I was getting into neo geo, so I bought an import b/w console, which means I missed out on the actual usa 'ngpc years.'

About half a decade later I picked up one of the bargain-repack color systems.

Eventually I found out that my original system was forward-compatible (I guess that's a thing) with most of the color games--I wish I would have known that sooner so I could have supported snk-usa better 'back in the day.'

I got the ngp because I was so impressed with the used neo geo cd I had just bought from our local import-friendly store. He was so import friendly that he had a CPS changer on display--I asked, and it wasn't for sale, but it was a wonder to behold. To this day I've never seen another real one in person, but I digress.

Sorry, I'm drunk and rambling about the late 90's again. I was actually a generation too young to really get into neo geo when it first came out. I got in right at 98/99 when (IMO) they reached their real peak.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Th

NGP came out right when I was getting into neo geo, so I bought an import b/w console, which means I missed out on the actual usa 'ngpc years.'
About half a decade later I picked up one of the bargain-repack color systems.
Eventually I found out that my original system was forward-compatible (I guess that's a thing) with most of the color games--I wish I would have known that sooner so I could have supported snk-usa better 'back in the day.'

I got the ngp because I was so impressed with the used neo geo cd I had just bought from our local import-friendly store. He was so import friendly that he had a CPS changer on display--I asked, and it wasn't for sale, but it was a wonder to behold. To this day I've never seen another real one in person, but I digress.

Sorry, I'm drunk and rambling about the late 90's again. I was actually a generation too young to really get into neo geo when it first came out. I got in right at 98/99 when (IMO) they reached their real peak.

That's when i was getting into purchasing the Neo-Geo as well during the NGPC era. I started out with a top loader unit with a bunch of common titles to start off with. Then I worked my way up with the AES, then on the NGPC. I miss those days when I used to play games with plenty of enthusiasm. I still do, but not like when I was younger!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were back with the Neo Geo Fanatics and will we watching their third episode involving an early Neo-Geo title called, "Thrash Rally". One of my brothers favorite titles for the MVS/AES and still entertaining for him even to this day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnvXHU1rnHw

Anthony...

Hi guys,

I'm always in the mood for listening to some music to lighten up. So this morning, will be jamming to a great song from Keith Apicary Neo-Geo theme but its a remix version by Retro 2600 who did a wonderful job doing it. Love the beat that goes with the music and the lyrics are just as good has the tune!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with maintenance & repair videos. Today, we have a gentleman from Hungary showing us a DPTP System - Neo Geo CXK58257 + adapter test. Nice to see the good people from Hungary enjoying the Neo-Geo as well.

Description.

CXK58257 SRAM adapteres tesztelése egy speciálisan kifejlesztett CXK5814 SRAM teszt hardveren.
Az adapterre simán kézzel helyezzük fel a chipe-et és már indulhat is a tesztelés.

Translation,

CXK58257 adapter SRAM test is a specially developed CXK5814 SRAM test hardware.
The adapter smoothly put the chip in hand and are ready to go testing.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing Neo-Geo playthoughs and reviews.

Were with the Neo Geo Fanatics, Chris & Mike, and they will be playing one of the most underrated 2D fighting games of the 1990's and that's the World Heroes series. Here we have them playing World Heroes 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4snHoOds38

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I've been playing Real Bout Fatal Fury Special for the first time this week. Better late than never I suppose. I've gotta say that this is one of the very best fighting games I've ever played. Great, fluid action, cool characters and I love all of the level backgrounds. There's so much attention to detail. Duck King is my favorite to play with so far.

• Like 1

I've been playing Real Bout Fatal Fury Special for the first time this week. Better late than never I suppose. I've gotta say that this is one of the very best fighting games I've ever played. Great, fluid action, cool characters and I love all of the level backgrounds. There's so much attention to detail. Duck King is my favorite to play with so far.

Glad you enjoy it Alex.

If you want another great Fatal Fury title to enjoy, try Fatal Fury 3. One of my favorites in the series and has just about everything you want for a Neo-Geo fighting game. I think its the crowning achievement out of the series from graphics, gamplay, audio, controls.....the whole megillah. :-D

Believe me, you won't be dissatisfied with it!

Anthony...

Sounds good, if FF3 is as good or better than Real Bout I will have to try it out soon. Also, had another question for you guys. Do you guys prefer to play your Neo Geo (whether Aes,Cmvs or Ngcd) on an older CRT TV or a modern LCD/LED one? I've got an Aes coming in the mail and wondering if I'll be wanting to play it in my game room(CRT) or my bedroom (LCD).

• Like 1

Sounds good, if FF3 is as good or better than Real Bout I will have to try it out soon. Also, had another question for you guys. Do you guys prefer to play your Neo Geo (whether Aes,Cmvs or Ngcd) on an older CRT TV or a modern LCD/LED one? I've got an Aes coming in the mail and wondering if I'll be wanting to play it in my game room(CRT) or my bedroom (LCD).

Hi Alex,

I personally like to play my Neo-Geo units on the CRT units. I have a Sylvania 24 inch TV that was the last year (2007) that they made these CRT's in their assembly line. The unit displays images, pixels, and sprites beautifully with excellent sound! They were just meant for the Neo-Geo AES, CMVS and NGCD. (IMO)

LCD/LED units are fine . However, they have the tendency to stretch out the screen shot and might look a little fuzzy. If the sprites are clean, I don't mind playing on them. I also remove the grids, filters and scanlines on any LCD/LED or anything else with high resolution. I feel its the best option for these units!

Hope this helps Alex! Would love to see your AES when it comes in! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Anyone else get their copy of AES Razion? I finally got mine in the mail yesterday. It feels like it's been forever

Hi Punisher.

I got mine 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I had to take a visit to the post office because they refuse to home deliver anything that's considered registered mail in my area. NGDEVTEAM said the German postal service was on strike. Sadly, everything was moving at a slower rate!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi Punisher.

I got mine 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I had to take a visit to the post office because they refuse to home deliver anything that's considered registered mail in my area. NGDEVTEAM said the German postal service was on strike. Sadly, everything was moving at a slower rate!

Anthony...

I'm just happy that I got mine. I missed out on Kraut Buster though. I'm hoping to get the LE version whenever that goes up for sale.

Have you played Razion yet? If you have what do you think of it?

• Like 1

I'm just happy that I got mine. I missed out on Kraut Buster though. I'm hoping to get the LE version whenever that goes up for sale.

Have you played Razion yet? If you have what do you think of it?

Hi Punisher,

Its a fun shooter that will keep you occupied for awhile. Love the music in this game and really shows the power of the Yamaha YM2610 in inside the unit! I've been playing on Maniac mode and its a real challenge to play. I died plenty of times and had to get use to the feel of the game before I got use to it.

None the less, Razion is worth it and love how its one of the top 2 most powerful games for the Neo-Geo :)

As for Kraut Buster LE, it will be ready for pre-ordering in 2-3 months!

I'm still would like to read the news on why Neo XYX will no longer be reprinted and if you noticed on the Kraut buster MVS Gamecenter kit link, it mentions the following.

"Due to an arcade platform change this game may be not available anymore to consumers after the initial print in the MVS format. For now it will be available for pre order until 31th December 2015. AES pre orders are still scheduled. Our NEOGEO MVS/AES development of new games will continue. Some games with a strong appeal in the game center market will switch platform after the first MVS print. Details will come later this year, or early 2016."

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=81&osCsid=35abf93fd073751df347bfa50f7de0ef

I wonder what's going to happen with that!! :?:

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Were back again with new Atariage member, Nico (D.R.G System). This afternoon, the gentleman was kind enough to show us his other creative CMVS unit that he uploaded on Youtube for the Neo-Geo community to enjoy viewing!

More from his description section.

"Today in testing, a new consolized cmvs in.black abs shell and mvs logo with red backlight. Universe bios 3.1"

Thanks Nico. Keep up the great work as always! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back with video game reviews. This morning were with James (AVGN) and Mike from. "James & Mike Mondays". The two chaps will be doing a spectacular video involving Double Dragon for the Neo-Geo CD. Surprisingly, James likes this title and so does myself. :-D

Let's dive in and watch!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were with Keith Apicary (Nathan James Barnatt) with his famous Neo-Geo song, "Neo Geo: Four Bright Buttons and Two Joysticks" (a.k.a. Neo Geo or Four Bright Buttons and Two Joysticks). Funny and catchy music. Love the beat and always loving what I enjoy playing.....The Neo-Geo of course :grin:

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224