IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Rondo of Blood and Baseball Stars 2 on a much bigger CRT!

Hi Noah,

Nice demonstrations of your Neo-Geo invention on a larger CRT television set. Looks amazing and how the larger TV set really give your unit justices on your creative project! :)

As always, you're welcome to post your upcoming works in the immediate future. Plus if you like to post reviews, inquires, maintenance & repair, or anything referring to the Neo-Geo, please by all means you can contribute as much as you like.

We look forward to next time with you. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Rejoice!!!! :party:

The Official NEO-GEO Thread is now up to its 60th page! Thank you for all of your support. Let's keep up the fine work and continue onward together with positive intentions to share our experiences with the Neo-Geo. :)

Thank you all once again.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again showing maintenance & repair videos. This morning, we have another Neo-Geo enthusiast from across the Atlantic from the UK with a YouTube channel called, "Vintage Tech Repairs".

In this multiple part video, the gentleman purchased a problematic Neo Geo CD unit that has a few concerns with it. So the kind sir was able to upload four parts of his extensive work done on his console that was in need of repair. Its finely detailed that it will be to your liking if you ever need to delve back for reference in case you encounter a similar situation for your CD console.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing maintenance & repair videos. This afternoon, will be looking at a 6 slotted MVS, MV-6F board that is in need of service. The video has mostly no voice and is the majority of the upload available in text explanation. But its a great video none the less because of these boards are becoming more scarce as the years continue on.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Those Neo Geo CD fix videos are what made me buy a "non-working" Neo Geo CD back when I acquired it last year.

I took a bet that it was a CD closure.. and it was :D The closing switch was bent. I bent it backward and since them, it worked fine. Hurray :D

Excellent Cat. I'm glad these maintenance & repair videos inspired you to purchase a repairable NGCD unit and fix it yourself. Save time and plenty of money doing so! :)

Thank you for sharing for experience with it. :)

Anthony...

BTW, I picked up a new controller from a Japanese seller.

The lottery of bidding made that I got this for the same price than most loose controllers:

Unexpected bonus, there was a spare Neo Geo CD power supply in there. It's always handy to have a replacement :D

Amazing goodies that you have Cat!

The box is in pretty good shape and you have a NGCD adapter with for FREE?! :-o

Certainly worth the price any day. :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were back with Aaron from "Aaron Classic Gamer" doing another 1 credit game run. His previous video that he accomplished with Aero Fighters 2 was nicely done. The good gentleman contacted me (via YouTube comment section) and notified me that he was able to upload another title he just finished. Will be looking at his video regarding Last Blade 1 for the MVS and this play though lasted about a little over 8 minutes.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

WOW. A nice NGPC Hanshin Tigers edition is on YouTube to view. Nice to see this unit.

From the description,

"Hoy os traigo una de mis portátiles preferidas, la Neo Geo Pocket Edicion especial de los Hanshin Tigers, equipo de Baseball japonés de la prefectura de Hyogo. Es la única edición especial de la consola, y con motivos de un tigre!!"

Translated,

"Today I bring one of my favorite portable, the Neo Geo Pocket Special Edition of the Hanshin Tigers baseball team Japanese prefecture of Hyogo. It is the only special edition of the console, and a tiger motif !!"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back listening to Neo-Geo soundtracks. Were going to listen to Razion from the NGDEVTEAM lineup that debuted this year in 2015. The music is amazing and truly shows the power of the Yamaha YM2610 sound chip that's inside the unit.

The music was done by Andre Neumann and it was posted personally by him on his YouTube channel.

More from his description,

"Razion is a game for the NEO GEO by NG:DEV Team, behind other titles like Gunlord and Neo XYX, and features Andre Neumann, whose biggest work was for the DUX series. As with that series, the music features varied electronic styles and also includes some guest remixes (German Remix Group: www.germanremixgroup.de)

I hope you enjoy listening to the Razion soundtrack, I had a lot of fun making it, it was a real pleasure for me to work on this Soundtrack.

Now listen to it and have fun...

Original composed by Andre Neumann

Remixe´s by Dr.Future, EIZ, Xenox and CZ-Tunes from the "German Remix Group""

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey, was thinking about picking up a copy of Top Player's Golf and was wondering what you guys think of that game? I love the Baseball games and League Bowling so I figured I might enjoy this one as well.

Hi Alex,

Glad you're being entertained by some of the sports titles of the Neo-Geo. Yes, Top Players Golf is worth purchasing and would make an excellent addition to your Neo-Geo library. Its a solid game that shows its uses of the zooming feature for the platform. Its rules towards Golf applies to what the game is all about. Music is fine and the sound effects can be a little irritating, but you still get what you paid in a good title like this!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today were back with Project COE. These good people up at "O' Canada", jokingly discuss how they play too much Neo-Geo. But hey, that's not a bad thing. :-D

Now this video does mention other titles that doesn't involve the Neo-Geo, BUT.....keep your ears open for hearing that Neobitz, the great men & women that introduced the popular game, "Knights Chance" for the MVS & AES are currently developing a new exciting game for the Neo-Geo once again for 2016.

Xian Xi at neo-geo.com said the following regarding Jeff Kurtz's new work in the progress,

"Jeff loves the Neo and it shows. Every project I've done with Jeff, he's had very high standards. Even when making KC we went back and forth about which insert screamed Neo. He truly loves the Neo as do I. People will sh-t themselves when they see what's coming up next from Neobitz. All I can say is, be prepared for some good times with new Neo games."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Thanks for the info Anthony. I will look into finding a copy. I have been enjoying my Neo Geo quite a bit. Have barely touched another system since I got it.

You're welcome Alex.

Glad that you feel that you're getting your money's worth.

For this period of time, I've been focusing mostly on the Neo-Geo. Since I was 7 years old, My passion for this system became an obligation to be a follower of SNK or the Neo-Geo platform as I became older. :-D

Now its important to note, there's two different boxes to Top Player's Golf. The carton box and the traditional hard box. Both are the same game, but during The Neo-Geo debut, SNK introduce its early titles for the Japanese games in a carton box. They later went to the hard style version. Usually, the carton box sells for a little bit more. But its the same game with no difference in playing.

Hope this helps Alex.

Anthony...