IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Well this's intriguing.

Since NGDEVTEAM will partake in developing titles like Gunlord and Last Hope Pink Bullets to the new Retro VGS unit, it starts to make sense on the announcement they made on the Kraut Buster MVS Gamercenter Kit

Guess we know what the newsletter will say that they'll be participating with the Retro VGS in the future.

"Due to an arcade platform change this game may be not available anymore to consumers after the initial print in the MVS format. For now it will be available for pre order until 31th December 2015. AES pre orders are still scheduled. Our NEOGEO MVS/AES development of new games will continue. Some games with a strong appeal in the game center market will switch platform after the first MVS print. Details will come later this year, or early 2016."

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=81&osCsid=fdcffbc7e4b2bc8d9f5c11f3f950c0d3

Confirmed! Gunlord is coming to RETRO VGS!

12022453_878149488920989_835616357551318

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with neo-geo.com legend Razoola. He did an interesting hack for the game Zintrick.

More from his description,

"Quick hack to the NeoGeo CD Zintrick Z80 data to unlock the synth audio which would be in the MVS version. Note that samples are missing so it sounds very incomplete."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

SNK/Playmore announced that King of Fighters XIV will be avalible in 2016 for the PS4. Here's more detailed information regarding it.

King of Fighters XIV To Release In 2016 For PlayStation 4

By Sato . September 15, 2015 . 12:30am

20150915_012851_thumb.png

SNK Playmore announced during the SCEJA Press Conference 2015 that King of Fighters XIV is in the works, and will release in 2016 for PlayStation 4.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/15/king-of-fighters-xiv-to-release-in-2016-for-playstation-4/#CfwDP2GTtvfBMTDs.99

and the video.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Picked up the latest issue of Retro Gamer Magazine. In issue #146, they did a great article of the Neo-Geo and it also made the front cover of it. If you can find a printed version of it (which I prefer more) take a look and you'll be amazed with it!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing Viewpoint for the Sega Genesis. This release from SNK was available to play in 1994 by American Sammy Corp. The Genesis version featured a sound and graphical style similar the Neo-Geo arcade game, but has considerably fewer enemies, a lower color palette and suffers from slowdown

Overall its an enjoyable title and worth having in your collection. Enjoy.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Good news.

Neobitz the group for developing Knight's Chance for the MVS & AES are going to partake in the Retro VGS.

https://www.facebook.com/Neobitz

Neobitz shared a link.

20 hrs ·
Neo Geo game Knights Chance from Neobitz officially announced for RETRO VGS.
RETROVGSCLUB.COM

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

First time I played Viewpoint was on PlayStation in the late 90's. I remember buying it from Omni as a kid and I still have it. I should pop it into the PS3 sometime. It took several more years to get it on AES.

Excellent Punisher. Its a great game for the Playstation and I need to play it more often as well!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, I decided to play Viewpoint for the Sony Playstation. Another amazing port the was done by Sammy & Electronic Arts, and was one of the early titles for the PS1. The game has updated graphics that were more detailed and a soundtrack that was different than the Neo-Geo MVS, AES, & CD. The cut scene animation is pretty well done and controls are solid. Pick this one up if you can for your collection. Its Viewpoint. You know its certainly worth it.

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hey Anthony,

Would you recommend the PlayStation version of Viewpoint or the Neo CD one? The AES one is the best I'm sure but is out of my price range.

Hi Alex,

I personally would consider both. The NGCD version is the same as the MVS/AES, but with the loading time issues. The Playstation version was developed a few years later and was created with a new soundtrack and finer details for this version. But the good news is that both aren't expensive if you just want to play the game regardless of condition. Here's the the most inexpensive auctions I can find for you right now!

PS1 Viewpoint (Disc Only)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viewpoint-Sony-Playstation-1-Disc-Only-Cleaned-Tested-PS1-PS-1-Shooter-Fun-/262054005078?hash=item3d03a2c956

PS1 Viewpoint (Used Complete with Cracked Case)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viewpoint-PlayStation-PS1-Long-Box-/391171604205?hash=item5b13a4feed

PS1 Viewpoint (Used Complete VG Condition)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viewpoint-Sony-PlayStation-1-1995-Complete-Long-Box-PS1-PS2-PS3-PSX-VG-/321785260813?hash=item4aebe56b0d

Neo Geo CD Viewpoint (Used Without Spine)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-Neo-Geo-CD-VIEW-POINT-Import-Japan-CDZ-/161824257052?hash=item25ad7a341c

Neo Geo CD Viewpoint (Used With Spine)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-CD-VIEW-POINT-JAPAN-SPINE-/151798735417?hash=item2357e8e239

Neo Geo CD Viewpoint (New)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIEWPOINT-Neo-Geo-CD-Japan-/181800331639?hash=item2a5424e977

As you can see, prices are well balanced regarding the market price for them at this giving time. Might as well buy both to expand both of your collections. :-D

Hope this helps Alex. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hello all,

I'm a new member to AtariAge and I wanted to say hi to the NEO GEO community! I have a youtube channel that is in its humble beginnings, and Anthony was kind enough to post some NEO GEO videos of mine for me! I look forward to posting videos on here and discussing topics with you all. Thanks again here is a link to my YOUTUBE page if any are interested....Happy Gaming!

AaronClassicGamer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgsuOkX6n7KdVTvwPBm6GdQ

• Like 1

Hello,

Since it was my first day on this forum I figured I would upload a brand new NEO GEO MVS 1 Credit game! Today I play Blazing Star and get a personal high score!!! I hope everyone enjoys and HAPPY GAMING!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvgUb0lq8vM&feature=youtu.be

-AaronClassicGamer

Edited by aaronclassicgamer
  • Like 1

Anthony, thanks for the info on Viewpoint and the eBay links. That was very helpful of you. I will probably get the PlayStation one for now. It's pretty inexpensive and looks cool. I like that it's one of those early long box games. I don't actually have a Neo Geo CD system yet, just AES. I was thinking about getting one so I can pick up a few of the titles I couldn't get on AES like Viewpoint, Puzzle Bobble and Twinkle Star Sprites. Not 100% sure though as I've had bad luck with other old CD systems (Sega CD, Turbo Duo).

Aaron, that was a great video. Blazing Star is such an amazing game and props to you for being able to clear it with 1 credit. Maybe one day I'll get there haha Welcome to the forum !

• Like 2

Hello,

Since it was my first day on this forum I figured I would upload a brand new NEO GEO MVS 1 Credit game! Today I play Blazing Star and get a personal high score!!! I hope everyone enjoys and HAPPY GAMING!!!

-AaronClassicGamer

Hi Aaron,

Welcome aboard to Atariage and thank you for participating on the Neo-Geo thread! :)

I'm sure you're going to like it here and meet fantastic people that enjoy video games as much as we do. Excellent 1 credit run on Blazing Star. Its one of my favorite titles on the Neo-Geo. Seeing you do these single credit runs make it look so simple! :-D

Thank you posting and you're always welcome to post new videos, reply to comments, and express your reviews on your past moments with the Neo. As always, keep up the great work!

Anthony...

Anthony, thanks for the info on Viewpoint and the eBay links. That was very helpful of you. I will probably get the PlayStation one for now. It's pretty inexpensive and looks cool. I like that it's one of those early long box games. I don't actually have a Neo Geo CD system yet, just AES. I was thinking about getting one so I can pick up a few of the titles I couldn't get on AES like Viewpoint, Puzzle Bobble and Twinkle Star Sprites. Not 100% sure though as I've had bad luck with other old CD systems (Sega CD, Turbo Duo).

Aaron, that was a great video. Blazing Star is such an amazing game and props to you for being able to clear it with 1 credit. Maybe one day I'll get there haha Welcome to the forum !

You're welcome Alex.

Always a pleasure to help you and other members out. Yes I love those old style long boxes that Sony offered for the Playstation. I thought they were better. If you need to find some good deals on NGCD units in the immediate future. I can help you by forwarding you to respectable Ebay sellers that have the Ebay ribbon of approval. Have no fear, they look after the buyers that purchase from them!

As always, thank you for posting. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back with foreign language videos this morning. Here we have a video in Portuguese involving the NGCD and the Sega Dreamcast! According to the translation, it tells you how to play NGCD games onto your Dreamcast!

From the description.

" Super Dica de como jogar o Games de Neo geo Cd no seu Dreamcast + Apresentação de alguns replicas de Games de Neo geo Cd feitos pela XGAMELIVE."

Translation.

"Super Tip how to play the Games Neo Geo CD in your Dreamcast + presentation of some replicas of Games Neo Geo CD made by XGAMELIVE."

Anthony...

• Like 1