IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back once again wih Jarrod for Project COE doing his Wednesday Neo-Geo reviews.

Today, the gentleman did another spectacular shoot'em up for the MVS called Blazing Star! If you considered his Pulstar upload was amazing, then you need to see his recent upload with THIS!

Blazing Star is always a top 5 favorite to many. I can assure you, that it will be for you and your acquaintances! :-D

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi Raymond,

Amazing. I didn't know this was yours! Thank you for sharing this with the community. :thumbsup: :)

I would also I like to say, welcome aboard the Neo-Geo thread :)

Enjoy your time here and partake in the many discussions that the Neo-Geo thread has to offer. Your always welcome to explore our previous pages to conduct research for yourself to help you make more fantastic Neo-Geo videos in the future.

Our maintenance & repair videos would certainly be to your liking to help benefit you. :-D

As always, keep up the great work. looking forward to more postings from you Raymond. :)

Anthony...

I may be able to teach a bunch of folks a few things on repairing the Neo Geo. :)

My repair logs are out here: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=25.0

Check the SNK / Neo Geo repair thread. It's 15 pages of repair entries.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back once again wih Jarrod for Project COE doing his Wednesday Neo-Geo reviews.

Today, the gentleman did another spectacular shoot'em up for the MVS called Blazing Star! If you considered his Pulstar upload was amazing, then you need to see his recent upload with THIS!

Blazing Star is always a top 5 favorite to many. I can assure you, that it will be for you and your acquaintances! :-D

Anthony...

As always, thanks Anthony. I checked and I have Neo reviews up to the third week of January, so I'll need to check out a few more games to stay the course until at least March. I've been having way, WAY too much fun ;)

• Like 1

I may be able to teach a bunch of folks a few things on repairing the Neo Geo. :)

My repair logs are out here: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=25.0

Check the SNK / Neo Geo repair thread. It's 15 pages of repair entries.

Excellent Raymond.

Were looking forward on seeing your teaching skills and how they benefit the community! :)

Thank you for the links. Plenty of important information that you provided! Thank you for sharing it! :)

Keep up the superb work great sir!

Anthony...

As always, thanks Anthony. I checked and I have Neo reviews up to the third week of January, so I'll need to check out a few more games to stay the course until at least March. I've been having way, WAY too much fun ;)

Wonderful Jarrod!

Can't wait to see them!

Having too much fun is never a bad thing! :-D

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Atariage members Aaron Classic Gamer, Htaed7, and myself are on Hitbox right now. Come joins us! Neo-Geo titles might be possible in the streams!

http://www.hitbox.tv/AaronClassicGamer

Anthony...

Thanks for the shout out buddy! Had a great time glad you both hung out on the stream it was a blast!

-Aaron

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's something interesting. A gentleman by the name of Chris Ball did a nice project by using a Neo Geo X station and using a Raspberry Pi as a replacement of the NGX handheld.

Nicely done I must say!

From the description,

"this is a little video showing how i made my Neo Geo X base station into a more useful Neo Geo based machine by using a Raspberry Pi in place of the actual Neo Geo X hand held."

Anthony...

Today's the day...

That means I'm now 4 for 6. Next year I'll do exactly like I did this year, purchase their new game, plus the two reprints :D

Looking good Jarrod,

It will only be a matter of time to get them all! Happy that you were able to pre-order them! :)

Anthony...

Looking good Jarrod,

It will only be a matter of time to get them all! Happy that you were able to pre-order them! :)

Anthony...

Yeah Anthony I'm VERY happy right now my man. All I'm missing is Razion and Fast Striker and I'm good to go. I'm sure they'll be available for pre-order this time next year, and during the summer we'll have the pre-order up for their next shooter.

They also updated their Facebook page informing me that they may go through a Japanese publisher in order to release their new arcade hardware next year, which is quite interesting as it won't be sold directly through NG: Dev Team. They said it's unlikely, but that it was a posibility.

• Like 1

Yeah Anthony I'm VERY happy right now my man. All I'm missing is Razion and Fast Striker and I'm good to go. I'm sure they'll be available for pre-order this time next year, and during the summer we'll have the pre-order up for their next shooter.

They also updated their Facebook page informing me that they may go through a Japanese publisher in order to release their new arcade hardware next year, which is quite interesting as it won't be sold directly through NG: Dev Team. They said it's unlikely, but that it was a posibility.

Well, that's nice to read that the Japanese have in interest on NGDEVTEAMS's project. It will be nice to see the final outcome and overall results from it!

I asked them about next years pre-orders and mention that they will be doing another from the Razion/Fast Striker team. Which is great (IMO) because I was please with the teams titles and would like to see more from ithem. Is it the Ikari Warriors type game? Its possible, But I've been convinced that the great people at Ng Dev Team can deliver the goods and the receivers benefit from it! :-D

I've been also been mentioning for the longest time to re-release the original Last Hope. They said that they will sooner or later. Once they do, it will be English only with similar to the English release games that they make available for the AES.

It saddens me that unofficial Last Hope versions are circulating the market and asking for astronomical amounts on Ebay! :(

Anthony...

Well, that's nice to read that the Japanese have in interest on NGDEVTEAMS's project. It will be nice to see the final outcome and overall results from it!

I asked them about next years pre-orders and mention that they will be doing another from the Razion/Fast Striker team. Which is great (IMO) because I was please with the teams titles and would like to see more from ithem. Is it the Ikari Warriors type game? Its possible, But I've been convinced that the great people at Ng Dev Team can deliver the goods and the receivers benefit from it! :-D

I've been also been mentioning for the longest time to re-release the original Last Hope. They said that they will sooner or later. Once they do, it will be English only with similar to the English release games that they make available for the AES.

It saddens me that unofficial Last Hope versions are circulating the market and asking for astronomical amounts on Ebay! :(

Anthony...

From what they've said in the past next year's game is a straight up shmup. They said it's from the same team that did Fast Striker and Razion. They have two distinct teams now, with a third starting up. So that Ikari Warriors game will be in 2017 most likely. I would also purchase Last Hope if they ever released it, to go along with Last Hope: Pink Bullets. I hate that people are making unofficial ones, but it's really no surprise. Their games are always super limited.

• Like 1

From what they've said in the past next year's game is a straight up shmup. They said it's from the same team that did Fast Striker and Razion. They have two distinct teams now, with a third starting up. So that Ikari Warriors game will be in 2017 most likely. I would also purchase Last Hope if they ever released it, to go along with Last Hope: Pink Bullets. I hate that people are making unofficial ones, but it's really no surprise. Their games are always super limited.

Yeah, I heard them say that as well a few times just about every year I asked them on e-mail and its like their specialty at this point (besides Gunlord's run n gun). I personally like shmups. Others complain the Neo has too many of them!

I do have to give them credit for the fact that I've haven't seen unofficial Ng Dev Team titles yet for the Neo. But I would like them to address the issue of the counterfeit Last Hope which they don't seem to mind!

BTW Jarrod, do you have a Hitbox and Twitch account? Some of the other Atariage members that participate here on the thread like aaronclassicgamer, Htaed 7 and myself are getting together to do Neo-Geo and other video game streams. Would you be interested in joining us once they air?

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Yeah, I heard them say that as well a few times just about every year I asked them on e-mail and its like their specialty at this point (besides Gunlord's run n gun). I personally like shmups. Others complain the Neo has too many of them!

I do have to give them credit for the fact that I've haven't seen unofficial Ng Dev Team titles yet for the Neo. But I would like them to address the issue of the counterfeit Last Hope which they don't seem to mind!

BTW Jarrod, do you have a Hitbox and Twitch account? Some of the other Atariage members that participate here on the thread like aaronclassicgamer, Htaed 7 and myself are getting together to do Neo-Geo and other video game streams. Would you be interested in joining us once they air?

Anthony...

So long as they make a new game in a different genre every other year I'm perfectly cool with that. Getting a new Neo game every year is pretty bad ass as is, but knowing that you're going to get a quality shooter plus a different genre the following year is perfect.

I think they can only do so much about the people making unofficial copies of their games considering the size of their operation.

As for Twitch and the like, yup I know all about them, my problem is time.

• Like 1

So long as they make a new game in a different genre every other year I'm perfectly cool with that. Getting a new Neo game every year is pretty bad ass as is, but knowing that you're going to get a quality shooter plus a different genre the following year is perfect.

I think they can only do so much about the people making unofficial copies of their games considering the size of their operation.

As for Twitch and the like, yup I know all about them, my problem is time.

Got it Jarrod.

I still would like to see what they have to offer regardless of what type of genre. Heck, I wasn't dissatisfied with them yet! :)

Yes, if they were that concerned about the unofficial releases, they would've said something about it by now!

As for as Twitch and Hitbox, I understand about time, it can be hard sometimes for me to catch others play. I just try my best! This Saturday, Htaed 7 is going to do his top 15 Neo-Geo titles on Twitch, if you can, come by and see it with us. We look forward on seeing you there Jarrod! :)

Anthony...

If I can make it, I'll be glad to come along :)

Question for you Anthony, if you had to rank the NG: Dev Team games in order of 1 to 5, with 1 being your favorite, and 5 your least, how would you rank their five games?

Good question Jarrod. I'll be glad to answer it!

1.Gunlord

2.Razion

3.Fast Striker

4.Neo XYX

5.Last Hope Pink Bullets

At this moment, these are my top pick. BUT its subject to change depending in the gaming mood that I'm in when playing them. :-D

But I will say this much that Gunlord was truly a great tribute to Turrican, that the game is still my top NG: Dev Team title. Even my brother likes this one the most (and he doesn't particularly care for these games from NG Dev :lol:)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Nice list Anthony. The one thing that I wish all NG: Dev Team games had is multiplayer. Man it would be awesome to have played some of these shooters with a co-op partner. I'm very excited to experience Kraut Buster with my friends. That's going to rock!

2016 is going to be one wild year. Not only will we get our hands on Kraut Buster, but we'll find out more info on the new arcade hardware, and chances are we'll also find out what's next from NeoBitz too. That's all sorts of awesome!

• Like 1

Hi gang, this is Htaed7 inviting you guys to join me in my "RCT: Top 15 best Neo Geo game stream"

that i will do on Saturday Dec 5 @ 7:00pm (UTC-400) at twitch.tv/htaed7

You are more than welcome to come in, view, chat along with us there, in my little trip down

memory lane. Thanks ahead of time and hope to see you there! :)

post-43382-496849_thumb.jpg

post-43382-496894_thumb.jpg

Edited by Htaed7
  • Like 1

Nice list Anthony. The one thing that I wish all NG: Dev Team games had is multiplayer. Man it would be awesome to have played some of these shooters with a co-op partner. I'm very excited to experience Kraut Buster with my friends. That's going to rock!

2016 is going to be one wild year. Not only will we get our hands on Kraut Buster, but we'll find out more info on the new arcade hardware, and chances are we'll also find out what's next from NeoBitz too. That's all sorts of awesome!

Its funny that you mention multiplayer Jarrod.

My brother actually wrote a strong message to NG Dev Team regarding it when he was in a foul mood. He couldn't stand the fact that I spent all this money from them and they couldn't offer a 2 player option for playing them (which he understandably was right) . The final straw that broke the camels back was when I had to tilt my television set on TATE mode in Neo XYX just to play in this feature. Once he witnessed that, I got a pretty big tongue whipping afterwords! :lolblue:

He told them that you take advantage of other peoples money and can't make something so simple to have in a game. I don't recall what the response was, but I'm sure my brother got his point across! He use to joke that they talk like Uter from The Simpsons and eating too many German Joy-Joy candies like from the Simpsons show. :rolling: :rolling:

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi gang, this is Htaed7 inviting you guys to join me in my "RCT: Top 15 best Neo Geo game stream"

that i will do on Saturday Dec 5 @ 7:00pm (UTC-400) at twitch.tv/htaed7

You are more than welcome to come in, view, chat along with us there, in my little trip down

memory lane. Thanks ahead of time and hope to see you there! :)

Hi Noel,

Awesome bro. Can't wait to be on Twitch with you and the rest if they like to join us!

Getting ready to have some fun with the Neo-Geo with you Noel. Its going to be great! :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gentleman that goes by the name of,ItsCoolFromSaturn (Andrew Pine) that will be doing the NGCD version of Mutation Nation. Nice to see a review of this game on this unit. Enjoy!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224