IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back again with Cyrus Martin with his new edition with his video game collection. This morning, were going to see him unboxing his Neo-Geo AES that he eagerly wanted to show us to the community. Glad to see a great unit going to a good player like himself! :)

You can tell that this gentleman was overwhelmed with joy and he was waiting 26 years to get this beautiful object of desire! :-D

Well done Mr Martin on acquiring your Neo-Geo AES unit. Were all thrilled to see you with your new purchase and would love to see you in action playing it some day!

Enjoy the wholesome Neo-Geo goodness kind sir! :)

Anthony...

There is an utterly BIG LACK of RPGs and puzzle games for the NEO GEo.

Hi Pro,

Welcome to the Neo-Geo thread and thank you for participating. Please feel free to browse around to the many pages that we accumulated here on the thread. If you have any inquires that you like to ask, feel free to post and will try to answer them for you as best as possible. :)

Yes, the Neo-Geo unfortunately is deprived of puzzles and RPG's. But, what's available is actually entertaining like Puzzle Bobble, Puzzle De Pon, Neo Bomberman, Neo Mr.Do, Crossed Swords I & II, Samurai Shodown RPG and others that are worth viewing and playing if you're interested on doing so.

Thank you for stopping by Pro, come by the Neo-Geo thread soon if you like in the immediate future! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Please welcome our newest member to the Neo-Geo thread and Atariage member, The Isolated_Gamerz. :)

This happens to be the same gentleman that shared his past Neo-Geo videos with us regarding King of Fighters EX Neo Blood, The King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood, and SVC Chaos for the Playstation 2. The kind sir has an excellent YouTube channel that offers informative and insightful reviews on video games besides the Neo-Geo. If you have a moment of your time, please take a look at TIG's uploads and you'll be amazed to what this great man has to offer to the community. :)

Here's the link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheIsolatedGamerz

Kind sir, feel free to browse around the Neo-Geo thread for your enjoyment. If you have a question that you like to address pertaining to the Neo-Geo or SNK/Playmore, you're more than welcome to post it here and well try to answer it as best/quickly as possible. :)

Thank you again kind sir, come back soon and will be glad to see your postings/replies on the Neo-Geo thread and throughout the Atariage forums!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Aaron Dewniak from, My Plastic Heaven. This evening, were going to indulge in an excellent video with Baseball Stars Professional for the AES. This his first title Aaron played on the Neo-Geo, and one his best Baseball title to date!

Aaron always does his darnedest on his videos for our enjoyment needs. This upload shows why he loves what he offers to the community! :)

From the description,

"This was one of the first games I every played on the Neo Geo AES, and so easily became one of my favorites (I still pop it in from time to time and play a whole tournament). This was one of the first times in my life where I got that feeling that the future of video gaming was only moving forwards in both"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PPSMSp_98s

Anthony...

There is an utterly BIG LACK of RPGs and puzzle games for the NEO GEo.

There are quite a few puzzle games out there for the Neo Geo. You got Puzzled, which is based on Tetris, Bust-A-Move, Bust-A-Move Again, Magical Drop 2 & 3, Twinkle Star Sprites, which is a hybrid puzzle/shooter. RPGs were not going to happen on the Neo Geo, because everything was made for the arcade first, though Crossed Swords had RPG elements.

Edited by NeoTurboManiac
  • Like 3

There are quite a few puzzle games out there for the Neo Geo. You got Puzzled, which is based on Tetris, Bust-A-Move, Bust-A-Move Again, Magical Drop 2 & 3, Twinkle Star Sprites, which is a hybrid puzzle/shooter. RPGs were not going to happen on the Neo Geo, because everything was made for the arcade first, though Crossed Swords had RPG elements.

Nicely said Neo.

Thank you for stopping by and mentioning some great titles! Magical Drop 1,2,3, and Twinkle Star Sprites are really fun games!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Cyrus martin doing a followup with his new system added to his collection, The Neo-Geo AES. Here, will see Mr.Martin discussing his thoughts, and personal history with the Neo-Geo. He also has some nice titles to start his collection that he enjoyed playing on the MVS at one time! Enjoy watching!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Today were with a gamer by the name of, The Picky Old Gamer (POG). Here, we see him playing and with a well done play through of Sengoku for the Neo-Geo, The gentleman certainly knows his games and really took the time uploading this nicely done video for us! :)

POG became interested in Neo-Geo gaming once anew, thanks to the help with New Atariage member Cyrus Martin after he purchased his Neo-Geo for hisimpressive video game collection. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This looks amazing. Here was have James Bernard from RetroPixel, doing a world record attempt with Double Dragon for the MVS. Once this video is complete, the good sir with we submitting his work over to the famous Twin Galaxies that was created by Walter Day for approval. Hope all goes well and for a successful entry to place has the newest record holder! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Cyrus Martin with his new edition with his video game collection. This morning, were going to see him unboxing his Neo-Geo AES that he eagerly wanted to show us to the community. Glad to see a great unit going to a good player like himself! :)

You can tell that this gentleman was overwhelmed with joy and he was waiting 26 years to get this beautiful object of desire! :-D

Well done Mr Martin on acquiring your Neo-Geo AES unit. Were all thrilled to see you with your new purchase and would love to see you in action playing it some day!

Enjoy the wholesome Neo-Geo goodness kind sir! :)

Anthony...

Great video!!! I thought he was about to cry?

• Like 1

Great video!!! I thought he was about to cry?

Hi Evile,

This truly was an emotional video for sure. Mr. Cyrus Martin is a great man that always wanted to purchase a Neo-Geo AES system for years. But was always contemplating on purchasing other games and units that he liked as well for his collection. After viewing one of his Neo-Geo videos on his channel, we became friends and discussed Neo-Geo memories that we loved playing when we were younger.

After long conversations and and providing information that purchasing an AES system isn't as expensive as one thinks, he finally continued on with his dreams on purchasing one. After 20+ years He finally hit the pinnacle of his collection by purchase one of these marvelous gems and it really showed in this video with joy and excitement!

This's what he had to say about all the confidence that I gave him after the video!

photo.jpg Cyrus Martin2 days ago

"Thank you Anthony as always. Your positivity about the Neo Geo really helped spark this desire in me to get an AES. Glad to know ya bro. Such a great system. Thank you for all the support"

Reading this is what makes me proud to help a fellow human being in society and help regain the Neo-Geo its solemnity after so much concerns that happen throughout the community over the years!

Hope I can make a difference to more out there in the world! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I played the classic Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble for the week 8 of the Neo Geo Challenge, Link below! Thank you guys for all the support and I can't wait to make a video of week 9! Puzzle Bobble is my all time favorite puzzle game! I just can't get enough. The sequels add many modes but I just love the simple joy this awesome title brings me everytime I play. I only score a little below 200,00 so it was an ok 1 credit run, but I have certainly done better! So the gauntlet has been thrown down, so beat my score! Happy Gaming guys!!!!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I played the classic Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble for the week 8 of the Neo Geo Challenge, Link below! Thank you guys for all the support and I can't wait to make a video of week 9! Puzzle Bobble is my all time favorite puzzle game! I just can't get enough. The sequels add many modes but I just love the simple joy this awesome title brings me everytime I play. I only score a little below 200,00 so it was an ok 1 credit run, but I have certainly done better! So the gauntlet has been thrown down, so beat my score! Happy Gaming guys!!!!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

Hey Aaron,

Thank you as always for doing the Neo-Geo weekly challenge bro. One of my favorite titles on the Neo-Geo and always fun to play listening to the quirky music while playing a few dozen levels of pure enjoyment. Thank you as always Aaron. We look forward on seeing more from you in the immediate future. :)

Anthony...

Been on a huge Neo-Geo AES kick lately...and remembered that I'm a member here and have been for, like, years... In the span of perhaps three months, I went from having one game (Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo) to having 22. These are expensive, lol...even worse than they were about 6-7 years ago when I first took interest in getting a Neo-Geo AES system. Anyway, here's a pic of 20 of the 22 AES games in my collection. Other than Quiz Meitantei, Metal Slug 4, and the King of Fighters series, these are all English (presumably including Alpha Mission 2/ASO 2: The Last Guardian, as it was included in a lot with only other English games). Pic courtesy of potato phone :/ ...

12719250_10153746189734724_5970184498753

Edited by mb7241
  • Like 1

Been on a huge Neo-Geo AES kick lately...and remembered that I'm a member here and have been for, like, years... In the span of perhaps three months, I went from having one game (Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo) to having 22. These are expensive, lol...even worse than they were about 6-7 years ago when I first took interest in getting a Neo-Geo AES system. Anyway, here's a pic of 20 of the 22 AES games in my collection. Other than Quiz Meitantei, Metal Slug 4, and the King of Fighters series, these are all English (presumably including Alpha Mission 2/ASO 2: The Last Guardian, as it was included in a lot with only other English games). Pic courtesy of potato phone :/ ...

Hi Mb,

Welcome to the Neo-Geo thread and thank you for participating. Please feel free to browse around to the many pages that we accumulated here on the thread. If you have any inquires that you like to ask, feel free to post and will try to answer them for you as best as possible. :)

I got to hand it to you Mb. You certainly have a nice collection of AES games that are worth being proud of. Seeing that you have the Dog Tag, English versions of these games really help make the collection value even higher! The one that caught my attention, was your Last Resort title and I was like WOW That's a $300-$400 plus game. Seeing that baby right smack in the middle really made my morning here!!! :-D

Thank you for showing your collection and posting on the Neo-Geo thread. Come by anytime and we look forward on seeing you soon my good man! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Aaron Drewniank doing another amazing video from, MyPlasticHeaven. Today, were going to see Aaron review a true underrated title for the Neo-Geo and in 2D fighting games, World Heroes.

Enjoyable as always, Aaron surely does his finest once he on a role talking about what he truly loves. :)

From the description,

"If there is one thing the Neo Geo is known for, it's the amazingly huge collection of fighting games it has (almost 85-90% of its catalog is made up of fighting games). However, this quirky franchise lasted quite a way in, had some interesting characters, and was always on the cheaper end of collecting. This is also the first episode where I almost dropped a game (as you can see from the blooper reel). 64 Episodes in, not too bad I guess. I hope you enjoy it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxXeI6_d_qg

Anthony...

That's good you know ECW.

Yeah, those official SNK adapter are expensive even on the used market and I paid like $45 dollars for mine a few years back. But this one should do the trick for you.

Feel free to tell us how it went ECW. Will try to help you even further if you like! :)

Anthony...

I got my third party AC adapter in the mail on Saturday and my AES system seems to be back to good working condition. I finally got to try out my new MVS converter and the 161 in 1 cartridge I recently received. I was a little disappointed in the 161 in 1 though as a lot of games wouldn't work. Some of the newer games would appear to start fine then loop back to the title screen in an endless cycle. I expected some glitches since I am using something in a way that it wasn't initially designed as, but it seems as if there's more games that don't work versus ones that do. Also, is there another way to switch games other than powering off the console? I am worried about wearing out the power switch.

• Like 1

I got my third party AC adapter in the mail on Saturday and my AES system seems to be back to good working condition. I finally got to try out my new MVS converter and the 161 in 1 cartridge I recently received. I was a little disappointed in the 161 in 1 though as a lot of games wouldn't work. Some of the newer games would appear to start fine then loop back to the title screen in an endless cycle. I expected some glitches since I am using something in a way that it wasn't initially designed as, but it seems as if there's more games that don't work versus ones that do. Also, is there another way to switch games other than powering off the console? I am worried about wearing out the power switch.

Hi ECW,

Glad to read that the adapter was the only concern for your Neo-Geo and you're back into the action playing your games that you enjpy playing.

Unfortunately, some games aren't 100% perfect to play. But considering is the best out there so far, many of its titles inside the cartridge are pretty good. As far as switching the games, I usually just switch them on and off with just by shutting off the game. Mostly because I get frustrated on losing at times or not doing a good run! But the Neo-Geo's switch is very durable and can withstand the test of time. So have no fear my good man! :-D

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1