IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

トミー@GONTA26 25 Dec 2016Translate from Japanese

そういえば、NEOGEO買いました。 学生時代はネオジオCDやってたな 今じゃあのロード時間耐えれないだろうな。 ネオジオはソフトが高いからある程度欲しいのだけ買う予定

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Speaking of which, I bought NEOGEO. A student doing in the Neo Geo CD was not withstanding that loading time now would be. Will buy only want some Neo Geo software from

C0kWnnQVQAAYmIr.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This evening were with Xander Skullion doing a fun Neo-Geo title for us. Here we see him talking about his personal top 5 games for the Neo-Geo. Let's dive right in and see what he has to express for us.

"While it was a hard list to do here it is my top 5 Fav Neo Geo games. If you have a top 5 be sure to comment or make a response video with a link in the comment section."

Anthony...

Read back a few pages, have to admit I miss my NGPC I had back in the day, one of many victims to harder times over a decade ago. I think at times about getting another, but then I remember it doesn't have a huge library, and I'm not into fighting games as much as I was back then so it would get boring quickly. That said I ever found one cheap I'd not pass it up, yet I'd probably be tempted (and then chicken out) to get a backlight into it.

Fun story, look at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282202310812 I got this 3mo ago for $95-$17(ebay bucks) shipped ($77 total.) THe last of a short list of favorites from the pizza place days in the early 90s and I also loved that old anime around it too, the cheesy movie, and also the old black and white cartoon I found out about more recently. Notice the listing just shows the game title display on a TV and the mini marquee in the 2nd image so I went for it and got it.

The listing only said this: "Neo Geo SNK cartridge, see pictures. Cartridge was tested prior to listing and will be tested prior to shipping, due to it being an electronic device, which requires installation that is out of my control there will be no returns accepted. Any questions just ask."

It gets weird, and it ended up being a rare case of me actually being blown away smiling and happy over opening up my mail. It comes in a box priority mail as I figured with the price. It shows up wrapped up in brown butcher paper. The shape of it didn't even register at first but I'm glad I didn't get crazy... why? The dude butcher papered over the original SNK manufacturer cardboard box with the black and white EightMan sticker on the fold along with a serial number. I was surprised, and was like no damn way. I opened the thing up and that's when it hit me, saying ooooh shit as I did. :P The mini marquee, the coin operator info sheet folded in there, the 2 art cards, the bubble bag, and the game with a matching serial number. All that for less than what the game itself sells for these days by itself and I got the FULL KIT. It's only my second one. I ended up bagging a lowball deal a couple months earlier from an Italian for a full kit of Neo Turf Masters for the price of the cart.

Crazy surprise eh? I can't even find a sales history on the thing on ebay or via neo-geo forums. I asked there, they could only guess and wildly really.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Read back a few pages, have to admit I miss my NGPC

Hey Tanooki,

Glad to see you back posting on the Neo-Geo thread bro.

We hope that someday that you would be interested on purchasing a NGPC. Its still a fan favorite and even though many of the games are in the fighting genre, its a great unit to have in your collection and really was a good competitor for the Game Boy Color!

That's amazing and crazy surprise indeed Tanooki. Amazing fun fact that you provided for us. Never saw that coming before reading it. But amazing none the less. Like how it turned out.

Wish I can read more postings like this one.

Well done bro. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

Hi guys,

C1P-ovGXcAAiMy0.jpg
0 replies100 retweets165 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry,

1. #NeoGeo Pocket Naked Soft Set NeoGeoPocket JP GAME. #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/POiqTWAhCR

C1X2uy0WgAA37SP.jpg
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. SNK/#NeoGeo NEOGEO X GOLD Console System Limited Edition NEW F/S #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/kLQZXzanGu

C1XmnBFXUAA-92J.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets4 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  3. C1W-U9bXgAEqML4.jpg
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  4. SNK/#NeoGeo AES Official Arcade Joystick 1223A5 #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/mNdWBHhbfD

C1W93ipXgAAbnim.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  5. #NeoGeo AES Deluxe Package! Low Serial/,3 Games, 3 Controllers, and carry bag! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/yrbkDxVjML

C1WRMeBWIAEyVsd.jpg
    0 replies4 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

自宅から運んできた、NEOGEOのROMたち。 ワールドヒーローズ、ガロスペ、サムスピが、被ってる。 安いときに、持ってるけど買っちゃったパターンだな。 まだ、あるはずなんだけどな。 自宅かな?

Brought from home, NEOGEO ROM people. Wearing heroes, gorospe, samsho. That's the pattern I got cheap when I bought. I should still have a. At home?

C0hD70KVQAAejPZ.jpg
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

METAL SLUG ATTACK:New Unit appear! #MSA https://youtu.be/fGwges61gg0

C1Zdw-PUcAADQbY.jpg
0 replies11 retweets19 likes
Retweet
Liked
12 hours agoTranslate from Japanese

【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「キャロライン」を追加しました!PM軍のメカニック。自らが開発したドローン戦闘機を操ります。ドローン戦闘機によるバルカン掃射が強力!1月11日(水)まで先行獲得を実施中です! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20170105_03nbmg2.html

C1YuzL9UQAAp49G.jpg
0 replies15 retweets29 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

明日秋葉原で開催の「KOF XIV 闘.chバトル2016FINAL」では、日本最速で『KOF XIV』 Ver.1.10を試遊公開! さらにコラボ飯で大会を楽しもう! http://ch.nicovideo.jp/touch/blomaga/ar1168574 #KOF14

C1Zj24xVEAAGcck.jpg
C1Zj23-UsAAgQGw.jpg
C1Zj24wVQAAgORZ.jpg
C1Zj24yVEAA1iH7.jpg
0 replies50 retweets32 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【レトロゲーム入荷情報】 昨日買い取ったネオジオソフトの品出し完了しました。 お店の入り口のショーケースに展示してあります! #NeoGeo #レトロゲーム #ネオジオ

Retro stock information has been completed and out of neo geo bought yesterday. Exhibited in the showcase at the entrance of the shop! #NeoGeo #レトロゲーム

C1XzjqbUAAA_pU1.jpg
0 replies1 retweet5 likes
Retweet
Liked

Hi guys,

We so want to play this brand new game on the Neo Geo. It looks awesome! http://www.retroheadz.com/retro-games/new-neo-geo-title-krautbuster-coming-2017 #neogeo #retrogaming #metalslug

C1azlfCWIAASBrN.jpg
0 replies2 retweets7 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Retroheadz.com@retroheadznews 6h6 hours ago

We so want to play this brand new game on the Neo Geo. It looks awesome! http://www.retroheadz.com/retro-games/new-neo-geo-title-krautbuster-coming-2017 #neogeo #retrogaming #metalslug

C1azlfCWIAASBrN.jpg

0 replies2 retweets7 likes

Retweet

Liked

Anthony..

Such a shame I missed out on this, hopefully they do another Geo project after.

• Like 1

Can not guarantee I'd post all the time but it's more of a matter of remembering to log in and read. I don't get a lot of MVS stuff, very nasty budget I'm stuck with with a wife mostly (very part time) out of work for a few years now due to a partial disability. This is the year with a professional resume we're hoping she can get a desk job. :) The stuff I have amassed so far in the last 8 months roughly has come through selling off stuff I already own almost entirely...basically trading out something for something and MVS stuff outside of the low tier stuff like the early fighters (AOF1/SS1) and puzzles (BAM, etc) aren't cheap. Personally I'd love to get the 138in1 multicart because along with my 161 that's almost the entire library right there, but it's hateful to 2+slot machines without a hack done to it which makes it fairly annoying to use.

If anyone is curious this is my little html I keep that ties to my MVS setup and also PinBot http://tanooki.byethost16.com/arcade-pinball.html I've got a smaller but well thought out pile of stuff from there and beyond. I'm considering getting those NGDEV games they co-released to DC, seems maybe shortly they're re-issuing those 3 in a bundle in DC sized jewel cases for a more budget price. I think I'd like that Kraut Buster game brought up just above but way over my pay grade which is a shame. I imagine some douche will end up ripping them off like the others with a ROM dump and a bootleg eventually. Hate to say it but that would be my only option without a big change.

• Like 1

Can not guarantee I'd post all the time but it's more of a matter of remembering to log in and read. I don't get a lot of MVS stuff, very nasty budget I'm stuck with with a wife mostly (very part time) out of work for a few years now due to a partial disability. This is the year with a professional resume we're hoping she can get a desk job. :) The stuff I have amassed so far in the last 8 months roughly has come through selling off stuff I already own almost entirely...basically trading out something for something and MVS stuff outside of the low tier stuff like the early fighters (AOF1/SS1) and puzzles (BAM, etc) aren't cheap. Personally I'd love to get the 138in1 multicart because along with my 161 that's almost the entire library right there, but it's hateful to 2+slot machines without a hack done to it which makes it fairly annoying to use.

If anyone is curious this is my little html I keep that ties to my MVS setup and also PinBot http://tanooki.byethost16.com/arcade-pinball.html I've got a smaller but well thought out pile of stuff from there and beyond. I'm considering getting those NGDEV games they co-released to DC, seems maybe shortly they're re-issuing those 3 in a bundle in DC sized jewel cases for a more budget price. I think I'd like that Kraut Buster game brought up just above but way over my pay grade which is a shame. I imagine some douche will end up ripping them off like the others with a ROM dump and a bootleg eventually. Hate to say it but that would be my only option without a big change.

Hey Tanooki,

Glad to know that your wife is aiming for a good desk job. We hope that she will be accepted for it. Will take a look at your link that you provided. We would love to see your MVS setup and also Pinbot as well. Yes. NG Dev did recently re-released their Dreamcast games with a pretty good price for all 3 in their bundle pack. Thaat would be good to have in your collection for sure! Glad that your interested on a multicart. Would be great to have no doubt! :)

I hope these games won't be counterfeited by others. The developers were upset that it they lost the protection of an unofficial release of Last Hope by a group called NCI.

Thank you for posting Tanooki. Were always glad that you do. :)

Anthony...