IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Don't give up Chaos. I'm sure you'll be able to secure a copy of Kraut Buster. :)

Anthony...

I hope so but no word at the moment, I don't wanna bother 'em either by sending another email or botherin' 'em on social media hehe

EDIT: I would go for the MVS version that is still available on their site, but I know their other games don't work with MVS converters on the AES and I only own AES / MVS Magic Key, I'd have to get a stand up cabinet or consolized MVS just to play it hehe.. I'd much rather spring for an AES copy if one becomes available.

• Like 1

I hope so but no word at the moment, I don't wanna bother 'em either by sending another email or botherin' 'em on social media hehe

EDIT: I would go for the MVS version that is still available on their site, but I know their other games don't work with MVS converters on the AES and I only own AES / MVS Magic Key, I'd have to get a stand up cabinet or consolized MVS just to play it hehe.. I'd much rather spring for an AES copy if one becomes available.

Gotcha bro.

I do remember on many occasions that NGDEVTEAM use to do leftover orders on titles that were oversupplied or those that wanted a refund. I do believe that will happen again seeing that they did make more than usual due to a glitch in the stores website that cause it to happen.

Because of it, the team had to make more copies than usual and its the most they will manufacturer in quantity on any AES game they made.

Don't despair bro. I feel its a strong possibility. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out, maybe I'll get a response and be added to a list or somethin' hehe = ) I have a question I wasn't sure about.. based on the cover of Kraut Buster, has it been said if there will be selectable characters, it looks like two guys and two girls are featured.

I'm not sure exactly Chaos. But judging by the trailers that they published, the main character of the game is the gentlemen with the beard that has the outfit similar to Marco from the Metal Slug Series. It looks like he's a player 1 only pick.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Yeah, that's what I'd assumed, until I thought of most Metal Slugs having four characters, then it got me to thinking if the characters featured on the cover artwork would be the selectable characters hehe

Same here Chaos.

Interestingly, NG Dev mention that this game took more time and dedication than any of their previous titles. After the lackluster 1st trailer and concerns about being a Metal Slug clone, the team went on to correct the errors they made and it took over a year just to show a 2nd trailer of it. The 1st one was so disappointing, that they removed it from their YouTube channel.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

This game and Gunlord look like they'd make excellent additions to anyone's Neo Geo library now, so like I've said, yeah, I shoulda jumped on this when I had the chance .. last year? I think it was. We'll see if I end up with one, hehe

Glad that you mentioned Gunlord Chaos.

NG Dev did mention that they will be doing a 2nd reprint of Gunlord AES in the immediate future! This time with new illustration inserts, booklets, and cart labels!

I want to add this into my collection as well. So you still have plenty to look forward to bro! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Glad that you mentioned Gunlord Chaos.

NG Dev did mention that they will be doing a 2nd reprint of Gunlord AES in the immediate future! This time with new illustration inserts, booklets, and cart labels!

I want to add this into my collection as well. So you still have plenty to look forward to bro! :)

Anthony...

They're doing a second Gunlord run for AES? = O .. I had no idea, if that's true I'll have to make sure I keep money aside for both these games should I have a chance to purchase either one. lol

• Like 1

They're doing a second Gunlord run for AES? = O .. I had no idea, if that's true I'll have to make sure I keep money aside for both these games should I have a chance to purchase either one. lol

That's right. They mentioned it on their Facebook page months ago. I'll try to find it and show it here for you.

Hang tight! :)

Anthony...

In the meanwhile Chaos, I did ask them if they will re-realese the original Last Hope again in the near future. This's what they had to say.

Anthony Durso Gentlemen, Will it be possible you'll be doing an official run of the original Last Hope for the AES? If you go on Ebay, the French developer NCI has made 100 unofficial versions of your game! Terrible that they are replicating this title. I'd rather invest on NGDEVTEAM version, rather than NCI.
1170822_570007833055495_1120686779_n.png
NG Dev Team If we do it. It will be most likely an English version (gray borders etc).
Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Chaos,

I found NG Dev mention 2nd print Gunlord AES to confirm what I mentioned... AND possibly returning Kraut Buster AES pre-orders for this year. Have a look at a recent posting from them on Facebook. Things are looking up bro. :)

NG Dev Team Gunlord AES is scheduled for next year. We don't have an exact date yet. Kraut Buster AES may return for pre order next year too. Probably together with a new video.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Thank you Anthony for the information, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for both of these releases this year, in hopes I have the funds to snag them when they're announced for pre-orders = )

Excellent Chaos! :)

Glad to always give a helping hand and help give confidence for you with Kraut Buster and now Gunlord. :)

Keep up the postings bro. Were always glad to see you on the Neo-Geo thread and the rest of the forum! :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I'd rather it not get pirated, but I just accept the inevitability much like you pointing out Lost Hope. I think the boot of that is up on ebay at the moment. The disc looks just a little off and the case shell/art don't match the reprint on NGDEVs site, plus the back of the jewel case is almost entirely in Japanese too. It's not a clear CD copy like other repro makers do and has a manual too, even the highest quality one up on ebay who does amazing work (he can print 3000dpi art for the front/back(both sides) and silk screens the same ink/emblem a retail disc has on some manufacturer level CDs (not the retail junk.)

I actually have images of the MVS and the pinball table. I took images of all sorts of stuff, and it reminds me I hadn't done one lately as it's missing 4 of the MVS carts (Burning Fight, Cyber Lip, Magician Lord, and Crossed Swords 2.)

http://s232.photobucket.com/user/tanooki-suit/library/Tanookis%20Finds/Arcade%20-%20Pinball?sort=9&page=1

The only thing my cabinet is missing annoyingly is the black bezel around the monitor in there so if you have light from behind you can see into the cabinet a bit which that one flash exposed in one shot clearly.

Whenever that three pack kit shows up again from NGDev I want it for DC. Given the hardware it's not like it's a sacrifice other than maybe they don't have unlimited arcade credits? :P (argh) I found out about it because some scalper has the 3 pack on ebay touting it as no longer sold trying to screw people out of $250 for it and I back-tracked it to the makers site and saw it was coming back anytime for $80USD (converted from EUR.) I'm NOT paying triple.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I'd rather it not get pirated, but I just accept the inevitability much like you pointing out Lost Hope. I think the boot of that is up on ebay at the moment. The disc looks just a little off and the case shell/art don't match the reprint on NGDEVs site, plus the back of the jewel case is almost entirely in Japanese too. It's not a clear CD copy like other repro makers do and has a manual too, even the highest quality one up on ebay who does amazing work (he can print 3000dpi art for the front/back(both sides) and silk screens the same ink/emblem a retail disc has on some manufacturer level CDs (not the retail junk.)

I actually have images of the MVS and the pinball table. I took images of all sorts of stuff, and it reminds me I hadn't done one lately as it's missing 4 of the MVS carts (Burning Fight, Cyber Lip, Magician Lord, and Crossed Swords 2.)

http://s232.photobucket.com/user/tanooki-suit/library/Tanookis%20Finds/Arcade%20-%20Pinball?sort=9&page=1

The only thing my cabinet is missing annoyingly is the black bezel around the monitor in there so if you have light from behind you can see into the cabinet a bit which that one flash exposed in one shot clearly.

Whenever that three pack kit shows up again from NGDev I want it for DC. Given the hardware it's not like it's a sacrifice other than maybe they don't have unlimited arcade credits? :P (argh) I found out about it because some scalper has the 3 pack on ebay touting it as no longer sold trying to screw people out of $250 for it and I back-tracked it to the makers site and saw it was coming back anytime for $80USD (converted from EUR.) I'm NOT paying triple.

Gotcha Tanooki,

One thing I have to admit that these counterfeiters are getting close to the details of making their works good enough to look authentic. In fact, some of the unofficial merchandise that they produce are getting to the point with their details that it makes it even more difficult to distinguish the real products, to the fakes. Now you have to go into detail to see the differences Some are impressive to say the least.

Thank you for sharing your pics as well Tanooki. I notice lately that the 2 slot Neo-Geo is getting popular with sellers/buyers. Many of our members have mention that the 2 slot units are becoming more available as of late to purchase than the other big red units and are now a top choice to choice from. I would love to get my hands on either a 4 or 6 slot version, but room is limited in my home! Love your MVS collection that you have. Nice looking Bust-A-Move and Samurai Shodown II, Neo Turf Master, Eightmans pics and you awesome looking Pin Bot machine you have. :)

They all really stand out in your collection Tanooki. Plus, those other MVS cartridge that you have really make you stand out as a true MVS player and collector. Glad to have you on and sharing you material with us. Really glad to have you a member here as well.! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you as always Tanooki. See you back here with you posting ad doing what you do best! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Custom console of the day. This is something we don't see often. A wonderful custom #NEOGEO AES #retrogaming Made by Zoki64. How?!!?

C1fZ9NNWIAAVFLK.jpg
C1fZ9NNXcAIa0fx.jpg
C1fZ9NQWQAATkEL.jpg
C1fZ9NGWQAQ-JFM.jpg
0 replies12 retweets28 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

C1f58ttXcAAEWHP.jpg
C1f58ttXcAIyF1L.jpg
C1f58tsXEAA612u.jpg
C1f58tsWgAAXrQM.jpg
2 replies14 retweets28 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys

More from the Kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099439603/neogeo-anthology-history-and-complete-games-librar?token=ca47779c

Neo Geo Anthology: History & Complete Games Library

Over 500 pages, every AES, MVS, CD, Hyper N.Geo and Pocket game cataloged, the history behind SNK and the Neo·Geo. A work of rerefence.

Over 500 pages, every AES, MVS, CD, Hyper N.Geo and Pocket game cataloged, the history behind SNK and the Neo·Geo. A work of rerefence. Read more
You'll need an HTML5 capable browser to see this content. 45a49058c84c5779c2c6986f7e84fc95_origina
Play
{C} {C} {C} {C} {C} {C}
Replay with sound
Play with
sound
00:00
0:49

Over 500 pages, every AES, MVS, CD, Hyper N.Geo and Pocket game cataloged, the history behind SNK and the Neo·Geo. A work of rerefence.

Over 500 pages, every AES, MVS, CD, Hyper N.Geo and Pocket game cataloged, the history behind SNK and the Neo·Geo. A work of rerefence. Read more
$15,044
pledged of $42,321 goal
backers
days to go
Converted from €14,290 pledged of €40,000 goal
Funded!

This project was successfully funded on

February 5 .
THIS PROJECT IS NOT LIVE

This is only a draft that the creator has chosen to share.

THIS PROJECT IS NOT LIVE

This is only a draft that the creator has chosen to share.

Funding Suspended

Funding for this project was suspended by Kickstarter about 8 hours ago.

Funding Canceled

Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator about 8 hours ago.

Funding Unsuccessful

This project's funding goal was not reached on

February 5 .

This project is purged and only visible to staff.

Back This Project
Share this project
Done
Share this project
Done
All or nothing. This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sun, Feb 5 2017 10:07 AM EST .
Back This Project
Share this project
Done
Share this project
Done
All or nothing. This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sun, Feb 5 2017 10:07 AM EST .

About this project

THE NEO·GEO SYSTEM

Neo·Geo. This mythical name is still synonymous with pleasure, happiness and quality to all those who fell in love with it, as well as frustration to all those not lucky enough to have owned one, back in the day. Having first appeared more than 25 years ago, the "Cadillac of Console Gaming" aroused more lustful feelings than any other, still haunting many a gamer's soul to this very day... It embodied a concept. It brought a dream to life, one that, at the time, seemed unattainable. The dream of taking the arcade home with you.

NEO·GEO ANTHOLOGY

To celebrate this console that a whole generation of gamers will forever hold dear, Franck Latour and Geeks-Line are proud to present the Neo·Geo Anthology, a unique work of reference. Over its 400-plus pages, the author retraces SNK's incredible history through their first arcade machines; breaking down the brand's triumphs and failures, the console's first baby steps, and every single game ever released in any country, as well as all the collectibles sought after today. On top of all that, Franck scrupulously dissects the machine itself to find out what made it tick, and interviews those involved with the franchise about its glorious past, as frankly as possible.

CONTENTS

HISTORY

To fully understand the Neo·Geo phenomenon, it's important to know about its genesis, the context in which its development took place, the marketing conditions, but, above all, SNK's foundations, as a company known for its arcade machines between 1970 and 1990. Throughout almost 200 richly illustrated pages, the author takes an in-depth look at the video game giant's journey, its technology, "Game Centers", games, consoles, victories, shortcomings, strengths and weaknesses.

ca240a6bdbca68dba1992c4764df5b47_originaEnglish Edition Excerpt

2bbce28e1104189f6bd2cb657913ce90_originaFrench Edition Excerpt

Table Of Contents Of The History Section:

Neo·Geo: Origins (1971-1989)

• The Arcade Revolution (1971-1982)
  • The Fruits of Labor (1983-1986)
  • The Beginning of an Era (1987-1989)

The Home Arcade (1990-1997)

• The Future Is Now! (1990-1991)
  • An Offensive on All Fronts (1992-1993)
  • The Tech Race (1994-1997)

Decline and Downfall (1998-2001)

• Swansong (1998-1999)
  • False Hope (2000-2001)

Rebirth (2001-2004)

Legacy (2004-2016)

• Change Within Continuity (2004-2006)
  • Resurrection (2006-2016)
50e9d660df1450f696d2fe1aa101a6a0_originaFrench Edition Excerpt

COMPLETE GAMES LIBRARY

Over 150 pages are dedicated to the impressive catalog of games and Neo·Geo systems (AES, MVS, CD, Hyper Neo·Geo 64 and Neo·Geo Pocket), official and unofficial alike. A given amount of page space is dedicated to each game based on its quality and reputation. For example, The King Of Fighter has earned itself a full page, whereas titles of lesser renown will be covered on a half-page. The author delves deep into each game, offering up detailed info and anecdotes, many of which have never before been published. This book presents every single published game on every system released (AES, MVS, CD, Hyper Neo·Geo 64, Neo·Geo Pocket), with detailed information including their release date, developer, publisher, genre, rarity index, NGH number, and a rating out of five.

INTERVIEWS

To fully grasp the situation, the market, and the story, it's important to hear from those who experienced this epic from the inside. Geeks-Line interviewed the men that helped build the legend that is the Neo·Geo.

9853c31998ab56dee03ade804ee252bd_originaEnglish Edition Excerpt

HARDWARE

In this section, we take a look at the core of Neo·Geo systems: the various reworkings, models, accessories, packaging, cartridges, cases... We also find out what made SNK's console the most powerful on the market at the time through simple, effective explanations.

6673c5e1aa075024ad8cf7cee7fa61ae_originaEnglish Edition Excerpt

COLLECTIBLE GAMES AND OBJECTS

The notoriety of Neo·Geo games was such that numerous by-products were produced, some of which are quite rare today. In this section, the author worked tirelessly to showcase all the collectible games as well as the most surprising, memorable and sought-after merchandise; a collector's holy grail.

82698fd545631a941f8d7ae167e97e7a_originaEnglish Edition Excerpt

e19613ef2cedbd5eaf9605ceaa395ca1_originaEnglish Edition Excerpt

a0d80206fd668042bff9512debf3fd6a_originaEnglish Edition Excerpt

PROTOTYPES, UNRELEASED AND HOMEBREWS

Discover the machine's prototypes, the games that never made it onto shelves and the various Homebrews, important aspects of any console's life, even more so for the Neo·Geo.

HYPER NEO·GEO 64

With MVS being the most common arcade system in 1996, SNK decided to follow in its rival's footsteps, joining the 3D race with a brand-new system: The Hyper Neo·Geo 64. Though it was quickly revealed to be a mistake from the company’s standpoint, with its late marketing and lack of games from which to choose (a total of seven), the new technology was abandoned after only two years. A commercial and financial failure, but does it deserve all the harsh criticism it received when it was released? That's what we're here to find out.

838879970546450d9f124c21038f4aea_originaEnglish Edition Excerpt

NEO·GEO POCKET

In 1998, with the Hyper Neo·Geo 64 arcade system falling short of the success SNK had hoped for it, the company tried its hand at making handheld consoles. History may remember this console as a money pit for its creator, in no small part due to the release of the Game Boy Color a week earlier, but it often leaves out its many qualities and almost faultless game library. A look back at a console that could have been – and should have been –a benchmark...

2 EDITIONS: "PRO-GEAR" EDITIONS AND "NEO" EDITION

"PRO-GEAR" EDITION:

This Pro-Gear edition includes the Neo·Geo Anthology and Box Art supplement, which compiles the cases of every version of every game released for the Neo·Geo AES and Neo·Geo CD.
528 pages of pure pleasure!

120-page Box Art Supplement (included in the Pro-Gear Edition)

An extra 120 pages containing all the Neo·Geo CD and AES game box designs. That’s over 159 illustrations by the Osaka-based brand’s most talented artists.

d37c902a795d4a44bc344dee5854714e_origina

The Box Art edition comes with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by both the author and the Publisher.

a7166adfa0f5bc8944a9a91e3586f71b_origina

The "Pro-Gear" edition includes:

• Neo·Geo Anthology Neo Edition
• 120-page Box Art Supplement
• A Deluxe Dust Cover
• Publisher’s Certificate of Authenticity
• Hard Cover

0af63befdc4a40c37cd268538b00fb29_origina

The "Neo" Edition includes:

• Neo·Geo Anthology
• Hard Cover
• Total of 408 Pages

c62ce41373b19518102f5fc665b6997b_originaThe "Neo" Edition

SHIPPING

Shipping To Europe
All European deliveries (outside Switzerland and Norway) will be carried out by Amazon, so as to guarantee optimal service in terms of delivery dates and packaging. For Switzerland and Norway, all deliveries will be made by respective national post services.

Shipping To The USA
Orders within the USA will be processed by a USA-based company specializing in the distribution of books. This minimizes any issues that occasionally arise with Kickstarter fulfillment. We will be working with the printers to devise the best packaging solution.

Shipping To The Rest Of The World
For all orders shipping outside of Europe or the USA (Canada, South America, Oceania, Asia), the postage fees involved (FedEx, UPS, USPS, national postal services, etc.) will be unavoidably expensive. Unfortunately, our books are too bulky to allow us to negotiate special postage rates. We would like to apologize in advance for this additional expense.

All orders are shipped with a tracking number that will become available as soon as your package is sent out.

Geeks-Line, A Guarantee Of Quality

Geeks-Line can be trusted to deliver on their promises and produce a product of the highest possible quality. Here are some of testimonials and comments about the Nintendo 64 Anthology book.

Cristopher A:
You guys definitely have a long-term buyer if future books are of this quality.
Nikki C:
Glad I backed this. Great work.
Jose M:
I just received my book: It's awesome.
Mike L:
Hey! I just received my book! Thank you! It looks amazing, I cannot wait to read it.
Andrew B:
Awesome book guys, thanks!

Please, visit us at: www.geeksline-publishing.com

Our Partners:

Established in 2008, retrogamescollector.com has grown into a popular and highly regarded source of news and information regarding retro gaming and retro gaming culture. Regular features include 'Show us Your Collection' where gamers from around the globe show off their vintage consoles, computers and games. We are proud to be supporting Geeks-Line with their campaign for an English version of the excellent Neo·Geo Anthology.

75b8aabc290215b58195ecdade013996_origina

Retro Video Gamer or RVG as we call ourselves aims to be a one stop retro hub covering, reviews, previews, homebrew news, guides a popular forum and much more. Come and see us at: www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

ffbd9f01527c55a1064b9beeaf55f16a_origina

Note: This book is not authorized nor endorsed by SNK. All registered trademarks, game art, and game screenshots used are the property of their respective holders, subject to copyright, and are utilized here under fair use. Books will be shipped in June 2017. We hope you will support our campaign. Thank you.

Risks and challenges

This book is an adaptation of the “Neo·Geo Anthologie” already published in France. It has been reworked and rewritten in order to meet the specific requirements of the American and British markets. It is currently 98% complete. The only risk of it not being published is by not reaching the Kickstarter goal.

Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
FAQ

Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.

Ask a question

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224