IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Brook PS4/PS3 to NEO•GEO Super Converter [uSB to DB15] - ARRIVING SOON - Bring NEW LIFE to your NG System: https://arcadeshock.com/collections/frontpage/products/brook-ps4-ps3-to-neo-geo-super-converter-usb-to-db15 #NEOGEO

C1jqD7pUoAAUJPT.jpg
0 replies1 retweet3 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Puzzle Bobble NeoGeo CD Japanese Import Japan NGCD Neo Geo US Seller A/VeryGood http://dlvr.it/Mz1qpK

C0o5vsCUAAAAftR.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. NEO GEO CD NINJA MASTERS FREE SHIPPING Neogeo SNK Import JAPAN Video Game * nc http://dlvr.it/Mzvv6S

C01FfH3VQAQc6c0.jpg
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  3. NEO GEO AES WORLD HEROES 2 JET Ref/2815 FREE SHIPPING Neogeo SNK JAPAN Game http://dlvr.it/Mzvv4y

C01Fd5CUkAA48oe.jpg
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Translate from Italian

Translated from French by BingWrong translation?

Ora ora ora oraaa! The ANTHOLOGY NEO GEO is finally available! #NEOGEO #SNK http://www. gameswave.com/articles/MAGEUNF-9791093752198PG/magazines_neo_geo_anthologie_version_pro_gear.html

C0x6fH5W8AEpPiA.jpg
0 replies0 retweets3 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

إطلاق لعبتي القتال 1f93c.png Savage Reign و Kizuna Encounter للاعبي بلايستيشن 4 في أمريكا 1f644.png#NEOGEO #قيمزر #جيمزر #العاب #لعبة

Translate from Arabic

Translated from Arabic by BingWrong translation?

Launch my game fight Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter for PlayStation 4 in America #NEOGEO #قيمزر #جيمزر #العاب #لعبة

C0sdg4pWQAAzErV.jpg
0 replies0 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Ok @Pixel_Cream , me he tirado un mes construyendo esto, cómo le instalo @Wayofredemption ahora? 1f61c.png1f61c.png#arcade #retro #neogeo #windjammers

Translate from Spanish

Translated from Spanish by BingWrong translation?

@Pixel_Cream Ok, I've pulled a month building this, how install you @Wayofredemption now? #arcade #retro #neogeo #windjammers

C0o-KH3XgAAC4Nt.jpg
1 reply1 retweet1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

No problem. I do keep up because I kind of walk both sides of the line. I'm actually pro-bootleg, but only when they're done on the highest quality as in life with anything I don't like a halfassed effort with lame creative license or looking like some grade schooler with photoshop did it. :) I've got that Crossed Swords 2 MVS bootleg that Razoola did the CD conversion of and it's reflashed chips sitting on a Samurai Shodown board inside its original shell with a perfectly solid sticker on the face. I keep up on fakes because my Nintendo interests anymore these days due to scalper human garbage are handheld games and they're the most widely bootlegged. I read up online, but I also check flea markets anywhere I go to ogle the fakes and not to keep up on it. The Sega stuff actually is easier to do because they used lower quality sticker paper and inks (which is why so many Gen/GG/SMS/32X carts have worn, whited out, or ripped labels.) Anyone with a home office quality ($300 tier and up) color non-laser printer using glossy matte or just matte paper meant for a laser printer (I know seems odd not matching) can actually with a high enough DPI image make a passable fake almost everyone would think is original. Same can be said for the Super GB era and after GB, GBC, and N64 games too as they used the same poor quality junk ink/stickers. I learned the tricks a few years back as I have a friend who gets publishing rights to sell old games as new again on (and off) original hardware from the original owners.

And yeah I recall the select button issue, it's again a board that's too much for the power supply, an undervoltage? issue I guess. A 6 slot an be more stable with a bigger power supply I imagine but I don't know the details as I don't own one so I didn't care to read up on it. Yeah 6 slots would be nice, sometimes I wish I had 4, and I could easily update to that with my setup, but I doubt I will. I'm kind of OCD on a few things, one being keeping an original setup original and my cabinet is all matching serials from the outside plate, back stickers, stickers on the boards, etc. It is as it left the factory other than a little wear. I mean sure I could just unscrew and store the motherboard and 2 slot frame in a box with an electrostatic bag but that would feel wasteful letting it rot.

I got to hand it to ya Tanooki. I can listen to you all day! :) :thumbsup:

The information that you provided and mention to us here on the thread really is amazing and exciting to read. Were glad to have you here and happy to see you participating with us on Atariage.com The information and personal experience on research with bootlegs and counterfeits are great to know, and if we have trouble about a particular game, you'll be the first to contact when we have concerns that we would like to address! :)

As of right now, I put you as our quality control check for Neo-Geo games when it comes to legitimacy. Well done bro! :thumbsup:

You're right, I would love to acquire either a 4 aor 6 slot unit. Both are cool and would like to keep it original. Or at least restore it to its original form.

Thank you as always Tanooki. Always a pleasure to see you on here and posting what you do best. Keep up the great work bro. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

レトゲー好き歓喜!! NEOGEOロムソフトいっぱい来ました!!(`・ω・´) 店頭に出されるのをしばしお待ちくださいm(__)m #KOF #餓狼伝説 #サムスピ #ネオジオ

Translate from Japanese

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Ledge like glee! NEOGEO ROM soft filled! (`・ω・´) Is put out to the store for a while please wait m(__)m #KOF #餓狼伝説 #サムスピ #ネオジオ

C0cu8pbVEAYvPbD.jpg
0 replies0 retweets2 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Ostentação de gamer é ter um NeoGeo AES com todos os cartuchos.

Translate from Portuguese

Translated from Portuguese by BingWrong translation?

Ostentation of gamer is having a NeoGeo AES with all cartridges.

C0YtRQdW8AA9Dbq.jpg
1 reply0 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from NGC.

The USA #NeoGeo Gold System box unsurprisingly is much larger than the regular system box - extra controller and one game #SNK #Retrogaming

C1pPgNsXUAEClRY.jpg
0 replies8 retweets16 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Beautiful collection from NGC.

Japanese NEO-O green stripe, NEO-AEC orange stripe (export), 2nd gen Japanese system & USA Gold System #NeoGeo consoles #SNK #Retrogaming

C1pSLZLWgAEi2XT.jpg
0 replies8 retweets24 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This evening were with a gentleman by the name of Luis Miguel Mayor. Luis has been playing around and was doing some interesting projects on his spare time. Really nice looking works that he was doing for sure.

Take a look and be impressed! :)

From his 1st video.description,

"Playing around with the machine for two days, here it´s my particular 'Hello World'. It has all the colors, layers, etc. from the original CPS1 arcade version and only using 25% of the total available sprites in MVS, really impressive hardware!

Sorry for the choppy frame rate, it´s running or a virtual image of Win7, in hardware 'must' work perfectly soft, testing in NEOSD would be appreciated ;)"

From his 2nd video description,

"Playing around with the machine for a month!

Made with NEOlib and DATLib, great work guys!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZnmbhx2XI

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【告知:新サーバオープン】 新サーバオープン!!おかげさまで、早くも第68サーバが満員となり、新サーバ「69」を2017年1月8日21:00にオープンいたしました!! さぁKING OF FIGHTERSへ参加しよう!!

Translate from Japanese

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Announcement: new server open] new server open! As early as no. 68 server will crowded opened 1/8/2017 21:00 to a new server [69], thank you! And now KING OF FIGHTERS to join!

C1pZj4fWIAM4drT.jpg
0 replies9 retweets20 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

You do collect a lot of info dropped from twitter or somewhere don't you? Lots of variety.

As far as your last response to me though. I'm very well versed with the Nintendo frauds, so it should roll over into the others well enough on cartridge based stuff. I know a few resources that are common enough to tell looking at a MVS game if it's a total fake or not as you can find label copies and photos of all the legit boards out there with the numbered chips so if something is opened up it should be workable. The only issue I could think of would be a busted chip SNK or someone else would have pop and swapped to repair a game might throw off a guess.

I'd seriously go with a 4slot system if not just a 2slot, either are fine really. It's odd, but if you really were nuts about just having variety, if one were to buy the 161in1 and also the 138in1(and then did the dipswitch mod to remove the small daughterboard) you effectively would have almost the entire MVS library within a 2 slot cabinet. Other choice would be dropping $400 on a NeoSD flash kit, and despite it being slow to load from a memory card, you can jam every single neogeo game into 1 cartridge slot. For me with the 161in1 I tend to leave that one in the system and then throw one of my legit games in there otherwise that it lacks. But if I get fed up with it and want more focus, I put 2 legit games in and try to stick to it as sometimes less is more.

• Like 1

You do collect a lot of info dropped from twitter or somewhere don't you? Lots of variety.

As far as your last response to me though. I'm very well versed with the Nintendo frauds, so it should roll over into the others well enough on cartridge based stuff. I know a few resources that are common enough to tell looking at a MVS game if it's a total fake or not as you can find label copies and photos of all the legit boards out there with the numbered chips so if something is opened up it should be workable. The only issue I could think of would be a busted chip SNK or someone else would have pop and swapped to repair a game might throw off a guess.

I'd seriously go with a 4slot system if not just a 2slot, either are fine really. It's odd, but if you really were nuts about just having variety, if one were to buy the 161in1 and also the 138in1(and then did the dipswitch mod to remove the small daughterboard) you effectively would have almost the entire MVS library within a 2 slot cabinet. Other choice would be dropping $400 on a NeoSD flash kit, and despite it being slow to load from a memory card, you can jam every single neogeo game into 1 cartridge slot. For me with the 161in1 I tend to leave that one in the system and then throw one of my legit games in there otherwise that it lacks. But if I get fed up with it and want more focus, I put 2 legit games in and try to stick to it as sometimes less is more.

I agree with the less is more statement most of the time. Being able to focus on specific games without the choice of so many options allows you to enjoy those few games more, I feel. One of the reasons I still enjoy individual carts with their own boxes & manuals.

• Like 1

Gotcha bro. Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it and looks like the 4 and 2 slot is the better choice. You're right, I collect lots of info throughout Twitter and elsewhere to share with us and the community. Lots of variety to help. Add your postings and words of wisdom helps us even more bro. :)

Come by anytime Tanooki. You're always welcome! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224