IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

「アーケードアーカイブス」シリーズと「アケアカNEOGEO」シリーズを Nintendo Switch で配信していくことを決定しました! Nintendo Switch でも一時代を築いたアーケードゲームの名作をぜひお楽しみください!

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Decided to go via the Nintendo Switch "archerdarkhaibs" and "ACE ACA NEOGEO" series! Enjoy the classic arcade game built the era even Nintendo Switch!

C2CmfLfUkAAP7_S.png
0 replies542 retweets345 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

メストアイランドかなにかに載ってた〝いちいちあのポーズになるシャルロット〟ってネタがすごい好き

Sorri MEST island or something "Charlotte become one by one that poses" is something that I love

C2LZTyKVIAEvqFx.jpg
0 replies313 retweets321 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Searching4Rinoa doing another great video for us to view. Let' see him in action playing Garou:Mark of the Wolves playing a Rock Howard.

From the description,

"One of the greatest fighting games ever to grace our presence. My question is: Why'd it take so long for us to be able to play it on an American console? (unless you count the Neo Geo X Gold or had a Dreamcast) I hope PS4 becomes the SNK box like the PS2 before it."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

NEOGEOX久しぶりにプレイしました。ネオジオは高級感ありますね。 ボタン配置は変えられないのでしょうかね。 #NEOGEO #SNK

NEOGEOX after a long time has been played. Luxury Neo-Geo. You can't change the buttons I guess. #NEOGEO #SNK

CxEIiV7VQAA9LYJ.jpg
CxEIi4fUQAAwa4g.jpg
CxEIjozUsAA6xbE.jpg
0 replies0 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

世間がファミコンミニと言っている中、俺はNEOGEOXで盛り上がっているのであった

While people are saying and the Famicom Mini me is abuzz with NEOGEOX in

CxB8eivUoAEx-TM.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony..

I wanted that NeoGeoX for so long but it has so many problems. I never cared it was a closed system, but what got me was the broken emulation core, especially if you wanted to dock it where HDMI was worse off than running the RCA cable. No excuse for that at all.

Even after it got one good firmware fix by SNK it didn't truly improve all the problems just some. Hackers were going nuts at the NG forums for awhile, then it turned into an insult fest and died off on there into a thing of hatred and mockery. I know some were able to make a re-wired SD card adapter to load up a microsd card for it and that in itself was tempting but I just never pulled the trigger for it. Now that I have the cabinet and a shield tablet with a nice controller it seemed kind of pointless, yet still at times it doesn't because it's smaller and easier to lug around. If someone would just hack the damned firmware and get things right.

• Like 1

I wanted that NeoGeoX for so long but it has so many problems. I never cared it was a closed system, but what got me was the broken emulation core, especially if you wanted to dock it where HDMI was worse off than running the RCA cable. No excuse for that at all.

Even after it got one good firmware fix by SNK it didn't truly improve all the problems just some. Hackers were going nuts at the NG forums for awhile, then it turned into an insult fest and died off on there into a thing of hatred and mockery. I know some were able to make a re-wired SD card adapter to load up a microsd card for it and that in itself was tempting but I just never pulled the trigger for it. Now that I have the cabinet and a shield tablet with a nice controller it seemed kind of pointless, yet still at times it doesn't because it's smaller and easier to lug around. If someone would just hack the damned firmware and get things right.

Nicely Said Tanooki,

What got me interested on this unit lately is the jailbreak feature that's been showing of YouTube. Really wanted to do that for my unit!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

C2PoMkZUkAA8qWW.jpg
0 replies9 retweets14 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Nicely Said Tanooki,

What got me interested on this unit lately is the jailbreak feature that's been showing of YouTube. Really wanted to do that for my unit!

Anthony...

Well it kind of is what it is sadly. I threw in there the tablet and controller bit because I was on an airplane last year less than a month after getting my MVS. I paid the $2 for the app (Neo.EMU) and tossed the ROM sets from my carts on there and played it on the airplane most the time when I could. I had a good bit of fun with 13 games. There's no set for the multicart, but I had 3 games in bound from Mexico and another from Austalia. The Mexico carts arrived just before I left(Spinmaster, World Heroes, and Mutation Nation) but League Bowling showed up like 2 days after. The case I have allows it to stand up, and I carried a steelseries free mobile bluetooth controller and it worked out fine. It would have been far more handy using the NGX but even a year ago finding one of those hacked SD cards with the mini slot wasn't entirely easy without getting ebay gouged, and scalpers had already been jacking up prices on the device. I couldn't find a straight answer if you could further hack the emulator(since it's Final Burn Alpha anyway) or the firmware to clean up the last few stupid problems so I just let it go. If I ever do find it has become easy to deal with and I can find the card and the handheld for a reasonably cheap price I'd pop for it. As much as I really liked the NGPC, it's limited list keeps me from buying one online again (would not ignore local though if it wasn't near ebay priced), but a NGX that's fixed I'd be all over it with the 300+ games you can get in there.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's my latest purchases for the Neo-Geo AES for this month.

From hit-japan off Ebay

King of Fighters '94 (JPN)

Samurai Spirits (JPn)

Fatal Fury (JPN)

Fatal Fury Special (JPN)

Samurai Spirits III (JPN)

From Atariage member Chris Leach. Thank you Chris.

Andro Dunos (ENG)

fzUjB449_bigger.jpg

My January pickups for the Neo-Geo AES. Enjoy! 1f600.png

C2F0mSzXEAAbPKm.jpg
0 replies1 retweet0 likes
Retweeted

Anthony...

You can't go wrong with Fatal Fury Special. That's one of my favourite earlier Neo Geo games! A true classic.

• Like 2

Hey NEO GEO-philes!

My newest entry in the 20 From 1995 series at game #16 is AERO FIGHTERS 3. I must admit a big selling point for me with shmups is the funny anime-styled endings and there are plenty with Aero Fighters 3. The one with Spanky and when they make fun of the old Video System game TAO TAIDO are among my favorite moments.

• Like 2

I broke out the AES tonight (first time in years) and had a great time. Every single game I tried worked the very first time. No cleaning or anything! What a well made piece of hardware! It was such a treat to look at those gorgeous sprites. I was on the fence about selling it for a while now but no way I can do it. This is what I played:

Magician Lord

KOF94

Baseball Stars

Combat

Samurai Spirits

All commons but my nice ones are buried. I think tomorrow I'll dig them out and play some SVC Chaos and some KOF98. I would play MOTW but i've been playing it on the Vita and PS4 lately.

• Like 1

Hey NEO GEO-philes!

My newest entry in the 20 From 1995 series at game #16 is AERO FIGHTERS 3. I must admit a big selling point for me with shmups is the funny anime-styled endings and there are plenty with Aero Fighters 3. The one with Spanky and when they make fun of the old Video System game TAO TAIDO are among my favorite moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbAzqbvuks

I absolutely love short 16bit cutscenes!

• Like 2

You can't go wrong with Fatal Fury Special. That's one of my favourite earlier Neo Geo games! A true classic.

You're 100% correct Mark. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Such an excellent game and glad you game by and taken a look at the picks for January.

Keep up the excellent work you do for us bro. :)

Anthony...

I broke out the AES tonight (first time in years) and had a great time. Every single game I tried worked the very first time. No cleaning or anything! What a well made piece of hardware! It was such a treat to look at those gorgeous sprites. I was on the fence about selling it for a while now but no way I can do it. This is what I played:

Magician Lord

KOF94

Baseball Stars

Combat

Samurai Spirits

All commons but my nice ones are buried. I think tomorrow I'll dig them out and play some SVC Chaos and some KOF98. I would play MOTW but i've been playing it on the Vita and PS4 lately.

Wonderful to here from you Punisher! :)

Happy to know that you took the ol' boy out to play some timeless classics. Glad that you were able to play them without cleaning them.

It was the opposite for me. Those loose cartridges from Japan were dirty as a bear cave. I had to spend an additional half hour cleaning them because the seller never did so. I bet they were never given TLC in the first place in its 20+ years with all of them.

The good news that they do work and look like they came off the assembly line \now. Glad they are. :-D

Thank you as always Punisher. Keep up the great work. :)

Anthony...

Hey NEO GEO-philes!

Hey Russ,

Thank you for posting Aero Fighters 3 up on the thread for us! Such a fun game from a great series for sure. Love this one the most out of all 3 for the Neo-Geo. Glad you liked it just as much as we do bro. This really put a smile on my face since I was just thinking about it the other day. :)

Thank you for contributing to the video game community Russ. Always a pleasure to see the latest and greatest from you. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

ACA NEOGEO FATAL FURY for PS4 has started in North America! Download it from PS Store! https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/aca-neogeo-fatal-fury/cid=UP0571-CUSA06686_00-HAMPRDC000000001

C2CbIO1UQAE82Pn.jpg
0 replies33 retweets49 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

KOF シリーズ最新作『THE KING OF FIGHTERS: WORLD』 2017 年夏、中国にて先行配信! #KOFW コンセプトムービー: https://youtu.be/3u6pjiYPOZw

Latest KOF series "THE KING OF FIGHTERS: WORLD ' 2017 summer delivery in China! #KOFW Concept movie: https://youtu.be/3u6pjiYPOZw

C2QMchoUoAESa6w.jpg
0 replies483 retweets283 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...