IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Given what NGPC games go for now, and the fact I'm fed up with the gouging, I could totally see buying that flash kit and then a spectacular shape NGPC, probably get it backlight fixed, and have some fun with it. Not saying I wouldn't buy games for the thing, but I'd be choosy based on price as it's starting to suffer from higher priced SNK-itis.

• Like 1

Oooh, new screens? Does the NGPC have a front-light kit like the afterburner for the Gameboy Advance? Or a replacement backlit screen? Sounds interesting....

That's jogged my memory too.... I'm not sure If I bought one of those front-lit GBA kits. I need to sort my attic. ;-)

• Like 1

Oooh, new screens? Does the NGPC have a front-light kit like the afterburner for the Gameboy Advance? Or a replacement backlit screen? Sounds interesting....

That's jogged my memory too.... I'm not sure If I bought one of those front-lit GBA kits. I need to sort my attic. ;-)

The NGPC has a front light mod but sadly no backlight mod. There's a page about it on RetroRGB.com

• Like 1

Hi SainT,

Thank you for participating on, The Official NEO-GEO Thread. Welcome aboard! :waving:

Very nice video regarding the NGPC SD flash cart that you shared with us. quite ingenious for sure and were thrilled to see this. Amazing to see great minds at work to make the community even greater. Thank you. :)

Please enjoy your stay with the many entertaining postings that we have to offer to the community. Were glad to accept new members here and happy to have you partake to the many conversations that we have on the Neo-Geo thread. Much obliged kind sir. We can wait to see what you have in store for us! :)

If you have any inquires that pertain to the Neo-Geo, feel free to post here onto the thread. Will be thrilled to answer you as prompt as possible. You're also welcome to retract on the many pages that we accumulated here on the Neo-Geo thread as well. Hopefully, we have a posting that will be to your benefit for you . :)

Thank you again kind sir for posting and sharing your works. Its a pleasure meeting you. Hope you have all the fun here on the Neo-Geo thread! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi SainT,

You can modify your NGPC with a front light for sure. But sadly no backlight. (would be nice of course). Some work is need to do so, but its not what I consider a science project do do. :)

Here' a video from SupremeJudge (Jamma Nation X) that does great work for the Neo-Geo community to help give you an idea on what a front light mod looks like when done.

Here's a two part video from a great contributor from lukemorse1 that would be to your benefit to help you do so as well.

Thank you again SainT. Hope this helps. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Today I received a notification that the pair of Brook PS4/PS3 to NEOGEO Super Converters that I pre-ordered has been shipped.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well they work. I haven't gotten around to getting a decent PS3 controller yet, but there are lots of used arcade sticks for sale locally for a fraction of their retail price.

• Like 1

Today I received a notification that the pair of Brook PS4/PS3 to NEOGEO Super Converters that I pre-ordered has been shipped.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well they work. I haven't gotten around to getting a decent PS3 controller yet, but there are lots of used arcade sticks for sale locally for a fraction of their retail price.

That's excellent to know Black Tiger. :thumbsup:

We would be thrilled to know what you think of it once you get it in your possession . Glad you know that you're going to make good use of it for sure! :)

Thank you for posting/ Keep it up bro. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

I ordered some the day the were announced... Haven't received my shipping email yet. :/

Update: Arcade Shock's website does say the adaptors were received and all preorders are being prepped and shipped. Shouldn't be long before I can use some Hori VLX goodness on my AES!

Edited by benjiedude
  • Like 1

I ordered some the day the were announced... Haven't received my shipping email yet. :/

Update: Arcade Shock's website does say the adaptors were received and all preorders are being prepped and shipped. Shouldn't be long before I can use some Hori VLX goodness on my AES!

Great to know benjie. :thumbsup:

Glad that you purchased one as well. We look forward to here your personal thoughts about it once you make use of it.

Thank you for posting! :)

Anthony..

Well to update you guys on how the all neo geo games by meg count video is going I just got past the 100 megs boundary and finished today by my last game I covered being Art of Fighting. It should be out in around 10-15 days.

Superb to know Evan! :thumbsup:

Counting doen the days for this to happen. This will certainly be awesome and were looking foward to view it.

Thank you for the update bro. :)

Anthony...

I was considering an AES SD cart again to help with preserving my games, but I don't think I'm that kind of collector. I've been thinking that having to limit my collection has it's benefits and the experience of using the individual carts would just be replaced with something that feels closer to emulation on PC. There's just something about having a case dedicated to that single game you've chosen to play, the artwork, etc..

• Like 1

I was considering an AES SD cart again to help with preserving my games, but I don't think I'm that kind of collector. I've been thinking that having to limit my collection has it's benefits and the experience of using the individual carts would just be replaced with something that feels closer to emulation on PC. There's just something about having a case dedicated to that single game you've chosen to play, the artwork, etc..

If you enjoy playing games, then get a neosd to play the games that you won't buy original copies of, instead of emulating them.

If you enjoy collecting, keep the games you have and continue to buy the ones you feel are worth buying.

The Neo Geo format was designed around multiple games in a single unit.

I'm thinking of the same thing on going the Neo SD for the AES Chaos. I would like to use that the most and just keep my official AES games to collect and share pics for those that're interested. Seeing I started a loose AES collection now. I'm putting the idea of getting the SD for much later.

Good idea for sure. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Announcement: a KOF XIV tournament has been announced. We look forward for your participation! #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://www.pvgf.org/news/pvgf-kofxiv-night-tournament/

0 replies15 retweets23 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【ニコ生(2017/01/28 18:30開始)】【KOF14】アールワングランプリ第1回 【M’・金デヴ・キャベツ・スコア・あきら】 アールの部屋特別編|YOUDEAL Presents #nicoch2584108

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Nico students (01/28/2017 18:30 start)] [KOF14] Alwan Grand Prix part 1 [M '-gold dev-cabbage, score, Akira] Earl's room Special Edition | YOUDEAL Presents #nicoch2584108 http://nico.ms/lv287479504?ref=sharetw

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. SNK/#NeoGeo CD Console T1-CDN - 2 Controllers & 5 Games #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/ecuqQRKxbi

C2bYYbKWEAEYKtw.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    More
  2. Fire Suplex/#NeoGeo CD 1993 Complete Tested Working Video Game Wrestling CDZ #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/AeTjLbntuv

C2XRKuZXEAEpe_A.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    More
  3. #NeoGeo 330 Max Mega, 2 controller and 6 Games #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/GAJNFyHanq

C2ZMThTWQAQ4fjT.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet

Anthony..

Hey Guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member FGFchris doing another great video for us. Here we see him back with the Neo-Geo Pocket Color. I posted this video before, but this time it has improvements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62l0CPJbZA

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224