IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

hehe, Will do. If I pick up any more soon, it's going to be Eight Man, Baseball Stars 2 and maybe Burning Fight.

EDIT: Already have King of the Monsters 2 on the way hehe

Baseball Stars 2 is on my want list as well. I really played the heck out of it on the NGCD and love the animation and gameplay that it has to offer.

Superb choice with King of the Monsters 2 Chaos. I love the squeal to it and its a really great 2 player co-op game to have a buddy come over to play it. In fact, James & Mike from AVGN did a great video regarding it as well.

Here is is. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

k8rmfRSE_bigger.jpgトミー@GONTA26
Follow
More

餓狼 MOW買ってもうた ゲーム一本にこんな金使ったの初めてで自分が怖い この一本でps4が3台買えるよ 給料日なのに、もやし生活かなぁ 1ヶ月ちょいでネオジオ結構買ったな #ネオジオ #レトロ #NEOGEO

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Buy fury Wolf MOW song game one with money for the first time you can buy ps4 is three in this one I'm afraid payday yet, or even living?! 1 month post Neo Geo come bought quite a #ネオジオ #レトロ #NEOGEO

C3BWk0SUEAA36TS.jpg
C3BWk0aUsAAklYF.jpg
5:53 AM - 25 Jan 2017
0 replies6 retweets20 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

@YOU40910983 もやし生活仲間ですね。ネオジオのロムの魔力はすごいです。どこぞかで拾った画像のようになってます。買った後に友達に目を覚ませと説得されました。買わないと分からないですよねこの優越感1f605.png

@YOU40910983 It is the mist living Companion. Neo Geo ROMs magic is awesome. Or somewhere in the picture picked up increasingly looks like. Wake up to a friend after I bought and was persuaded. I'm sure to buy cat feel superior

C3BjFTEUUAA7APn.jpg
0 replies43 retweets35 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hey guys,

This evening were with Veddermandenis. Here we see him enjoying the Neo-Geo X. Let's see what he has to say shall we?

From the description,

"The Neo Geo X is a great little machine! Watch me as I dive a bit into the 90's Arcade golden era with this stunning handheld.

Metal Slug gameplay - 2:30
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special gameplay - 5:55
Super Sidekicks gameplay - 12:00
Last Resort gameplay - 16:40"

Anthony...

Oooh League Bowling, one of the first ones I picked up once I got my cabinet last year as i always had great memories of it from the arcade. And hands off I already own Spinmaster. :D I really should get Top Hunter too, fantastic almost warioland(virtualboy) like in how it handles the multiple planes you can play on.

I've been considering snapping up Baseball Stars 2 too. I don't much care for the first one which I got in the lot with my cabinet. Same can be said for Samurai Shodown 2 which seems to be some fan favorite which tends to just infuriate me. I'm tempted to sell off Baseball Stars 1 to cut into #2. I just grabbed today for $50 shipped priority mail Samurai Shodown 3 with the mini marquee. I can not wait for that to arrive as it's my favorite and I learned how to beat it mercilessly in the arcade in college and while I know I stink now I can re-learn it. Shizumaru forever. :)

KOTM2 isn't bad, I have the original one so I'm not like in a big hurry on that. I don't think it's far off in quality from the first unlike baseball stars which is just rough in comparison.

Neo Geo X, what's the peoples feelings about it here at this site?

The NG forums would love to give it a thermite bath for good measure, most of them hate it hardcore.

I'm actually on the fence about buying one and have been ever since it came out. I know it uses Final Burn Alpha as an emualtor, and the original release had some real problems with some bugs and the HDMI output being awful but they supposedly fixed that in that firmware upgrade. I know it's bad (or not) but I'm tempted to snap one up, pay the $50 for the re-wired SD card adapter, and throwing the Neo Geo library on it for on the go, on the couch, or for TV time with HDMI.

One thing I haven't found out though is if people have ever thrown a newer release of FBA at it to fix up any glitches, or if someone made further firmware hacks to clean up any outstanding bugs at all.

• Like 2

The NG forums would love to give it a thermite bath for good measure, most of them hate it hardcore.

I'm actually on the fence about buying one and have been ever since it came out. I know it uses Final Burn Alpha as an emualtor, and the original release had some real problems with some bugs and the HDMI output being awful but they supposedly fixed that in that firmware upgrade. I know it's bad (or not) but I'm tempted to snap one up, pay the $50 for the re-wired SD card adapter, and throwing the Neo Geo library on it for on the go, on the couch, or for TV time with HDMI.

One thing I haven't found out though is if people have ever thrown a newer release of FBA at it to fix up any glitches, or if someone made further firmware hacks to clean up any outstanding bugs at all.

Hey Tanooki,

If you can acquire one at a good price I would say yes. I've seen these units go up in price lately on Ebay. But I've seen good used versions available as well. But of course, I would always recommend original hardware like the AES any day. But the good news is that you can jailbreak this unit and open the possibilities of the significant amount of games available to play for it. I've seen so many on YouTube that it amazes me to see that gamers are now interested on purchasing one for this reason.

Anthony...

I don't have a hands-on opinion of Neo Geo X, but I kind of see it like the Atari Flashback Handheld that was recently released. It's something neat to tinker around with but it wouldn't be something I'd replace my console / carts with. In my mind, I just view it similar to caching emulators and roms on a hard drive, just this is a way of doing it legally on a handheld. hehe

• Like 1

Hi guys,

2016年に購入したネオジオソフト。目がちょっとくらくらしましたw こんなに大量に買った覚えがないのにw と言う訳で、2017年はもうちょっとゆっくりして、アホみたいに大量のネオジオソフトを買うのをやめます。 出来るかなw #ネオジオ #レトロ #ゲーム #NeoGeo

Neo-Geo software purchased in 2016. Don't say even though I haven't bought in large quantities was kinda dizzy eyes w w 2017 more slowly, like a stupid amount of neo-geo software, online. Do not be #ネオジオ #レトロ #ゲーム #NeoGeo

C3S3mzHWcAEmwOu.jpg
0 replies9 retweets19 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

classic NEO GEO vertical-scrolling space shooting action! Armored Scrum Object II: Last Guardian! https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/aca-neogeo-alpha-mission-ii/cid=UP0571-CUSA06683_00-HAMPRDC000000001

C10p7nuWEAAULSG.jpg
C10p_FXWQAADW9V.jpg
C10qBdzWgAAxCen.jpg
C10qFIOWIAA_A_Q.jpg
0 replies20 retweets32 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. ネオジオその③ #ネオジオ #neogeo #レトロゲーム

Neo-Geo and ③ #ネオジオ #neogeo #レトロゲーム

C2gkZ9TUcAAzsrQ.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets3 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  2. ネオジオその②格ゲーたち。 #ネオジオ #neogeo #レトロゲーム

Neo-Geo and ② price gay people. #ネオジオ #neogeo #レトロゲーム

C2gkIzmUUAE5NS9.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets3 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  3. SOESOE liked

ショーケース商品の紹介です。先日ご紹介したネオジオのつづき。その① #ネオジオ #neogeo #レトロゲーム

This is the introduction to showcase products. The continuation of the Neo Geo was introduced the other day. The ① #ネオジオ #neogeo #レトロゲーム

C2gkDz4VQAAKN4t.jpg
    0 replies15 retweets19 likes
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry,

1. Art of Fighting 2 ( #NeoGeo, 1994) COMPLETE AES #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/kJNTyulfHv

C3VqPUEWAAI20VS.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  2. SAMURAI SHODOWN 2 Samurai Spirits/#NeoGeo AES SNK - US Seller - Tested & Working #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/FvVSnxbmZr

C3WpaP8WMAAhcD9.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet3 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  3. C3T7doeWMAAAtwg.jpg
    0 replies3 retweets4 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  4. KING OF FIGHTERS 96 SNK/#NeoGeo AES CART 362 Megs COMPLETE JP TEAM FIGHTING #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/gUxGkRWqZm

C3Wze5TXUAA1hBM.jpg
    0 replies3 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
  1. [uSED] #NeoGeo-CD Console System Front Loading/[Japan Import] #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/iXCVWmxGpZ

C3UOaf8W8AAMFut.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
  2. #NeoGeo AES Deluxe Package! Low Serial/,3 Games, 3 Controllers, and carry bag! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/ZdErXfWnNT

C3T6i2zWYAEv0RB.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet3 likes
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I think I'm going to make an attempt for Blazing Star. I know the fair market value on them (ebay bid-tard bidding aside) is around $95-115 for a MVS cart alone. I really dig the game and while I have it on the 161in1, I'm thinking I want to sell the dumb thing as it's just too many games and doesn't help me focus on what I like. Downside is I don't have Super dodgeball which can get ugly expensive, and then a few others like bomberman, panic bomber, blazing star, and andro dunos which I all like. I think having the less is more approach would be best.

Hi guys,

Back with Fellow Atariage member NeoTurboManic doing what he does best. This time were going to see a comparision video with Tetris the most popular puzzle game on the planet, and Puzzled for the Neo-Geo. One of the most esoteric title is the genre. Enjoy

From the description,

"In this edition, we will take a look at the most popular puzzle game of all time in Tetris, by looking at the Nintendo published NES and Game Boy versions and compare it to one of the most obscure puzzle games in Puzzled for the Neo Geo. Enjoy!"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

今年最初のネオジオはKOF97 当時初めて新品で買ったネオジオソフト。 もう20年近く前になるのかぁ…。 ちなみに今までに新品で買ったソフトはKOF97、99、斬サム(発売から数年後に新品で購入)、狼餓MOW、豪血寺、レイジオブザドラゴンズ。 #NEOGEO

The first Neo Geo Neo Geo soft KOF97 was bought new for the first time this year. Nearly 20 years ago to now. Incidentally ever bought new software's KOF97, 99, Zan Sam (bought few years after launch), Wolf Garou MOW, Australian blood Temple, rageobusadragons. #NEOGEO

C2mLwd9VIAA6mzj.jpg
0 replies0 retweets7 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

I personally would say that the NEO-GEO X is a good system for casual NEO-GEO fans who perhaps aren't used to the original hardware as it gives them a good handful of some very classic games! The build quality is great too. But for more hardcore NEO-GEO fans, there really isn't any reason I can see to get one.

However, as a casual fan myself, I like my NEO-GEO X quite a bit! I find it to be a nice little unit so as Anthony said, if you can find it for a good price, go for it! :)

• Like 1