IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey guys,

Back with Marus from Swedish Beatballs with the continuation of the NGPC and games I sent to him as a gift. Enjoy.

From the description,

"In the episode we take a look at three of the games I got with the NGPC system."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj1d6FbjUhM&t=9s

Anthony...

More

C-W96K8WsAQmUW9.jpg

Wait a blipitty bloopitty, what kind of monitor is this?

(Might as well ask since I'm already here)

What kind of monitors do you guys use to get such nice graphics? I got an Omega CMVS several years ago, and I swear of God NO TV ever displays the thing correctly. It has driven me nuts for quite some time now. (specially since the good kind of CRTs that display the Neo proper are actually very hard to come by. All the common flatscreen CRTs have the edges missing when displaying the game). An old Plasma HD TV I found in a pawn shop does manage to display the whole screen without issues... except the graphics stutter (which is specially noticeable with, say, Blazing Star).

• Like 1

Wait a blipitty bloopitty, what kind of monitor is this?

(Might as well ask since I'm already here)

What kind of monitors do you guys use to get such nice graphics? I got an Omega CMVS several years ago, and I swear of God NO TV ever displays the thing correctly. It has driven me nuts for quite some time now. (specially since the good kind of CRTs that display the Neo proper are actually very hard to come by. All the common flatscreen CRTs have the edges missing when displaying the game). An old Plasma HD TV I found in a pawn shop does manage to display the whole screen without issues... except the graphics stutter (which is specially noticeable with, say, Blazing Star).

Hi Cernex,

Welcome aboard to the Neo-Geo thread. :)

In regards to your question. I personally use a Sylvania 24 inch CRT unit that was manufactured around 2005-2007 for my Neo-Geo experience. The graphics and picture ratio is perfect for my needs, and just about all my classic gaming as well. I also use a Samsung 27 inch CRT.. But that's more for a back up or playing in my living room. I pretty much giving up on monitors awhile ago and stick with the televisions that they were design to be played on.

Here a Google sample of what mine looks like with the Sylvania. Its a little smaller than what I own, but it has the same look

3d55085c-7245-45d0-a8cd-eb3ae0c97d1b.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here is today's KOF XIV screenshot!!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

C_RVJdIU0AAThBr.jpg
0 replies20 retweets52 likes
Retweet
Liked

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介!#KOF14 #KOFXIV

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: introducing the latest screenshot of KOF XIV! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

C_RU2LTUQAEPt11.jpg
0 replies23 retweets40 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#KSB2017 KOF14部門】 シングルの大会結果です。 優勝 小路KOG 準優勝 たれ蔵 3位 こうこう 4位 Huomao/DBJ ET 5位タイ Huomao gxbridget、TMP|Cross 7位タイ SR、ハスミ 次はEVO優勝狙います。

[#KSB2017 KOF 14 Division] is a single-tournament results. Victory lanes KOG runner-up sauce collection 3rd blazing fourth Huomao/DBJ ET 5 place Thailand Huomao gxbridget, TMP | Cross 7th place Thailand SR, chasm: aim EVO Championship.

C_EC6VGUwAAdXq4.jpg
C_EC6VOVYAEfNRq.jpg
4 replies65 retweets83 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【賽告知】2017.5.20 PRE EVO JAPANイベント「賽-sai-」のKOF XIV サイドトーナメントのエントリー受付中です! 老若男女、上手い下手問わず、KOFファンの皆さん、ぜひ楽しんで下さい! http://buttonmashers-game.com/preevojpkof/

[The die notice] are 2017.5.20 PRE EVO JAPAN event 'die-sai-' KOF XIV-side tournament entries now being accepted! My KOF fans, take a look at fun, both young and old, good hand! http://buttonmashers-game.com/preevojpkof/

C-_Gj75UIAAYWKN.jpg
2 replies36 retweets37 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. SNK vs Capcom: The Match of The Millennium/#NeoGeo Pocket Color - Complete CIB #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/EVpIzrinbq

C_RJB5FXcAE7aiL.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets1 like
    Retweet
  2. SNK/#NeoGeo AES Game REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL Japan 0425A4 #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/JCZYkawUil

C_QmPf3XUAEn7xc.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member tuna sashemie doing another fun and very enjoyable video for us. Let's see him playing and commenting about Andro Dunos shall we? :)

From the description,

"Here's Andro Dunos on the Neo Geo its a pretty average shoot um up its got a high difficulty setting and no auto fire it can be pretty hard to get any where at first but with practise you can give it a good go, so give it a try on an emulator before buying."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here is today's KOF XIV screenshot!!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

C_RVJdIU0AAThBr.jpg
0 replies20 retweets52 likes
Retweet
Liked

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介!#KOF14 #KOFXIV

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: introducing the latest screenshot of KOF XIV! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

C_RU2LTUQAEPt11.jpg
0 replies23 retweets40 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony..

This game has got loads better than when it was released i need to get back in to it.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I listed this boxed #NEOGEO 'Green Stripe' rental joystick on eBay. 1st Gen Japanese joystick from 1990 #RetroGaming http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252924465719?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

C_VXC8zXYAED0Xt.jpg
C_VXFYVWAAAhrya.jpg
0 replies2 retweets10 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi Cernex,

Welcome aboard to the Neo-Geo thread. :)

In regards to your question. I personally use a Sylvania 24 inch CRT unit that was manufactured around 2005-2007 for my Neo-Geo experience. The graphics and picture ratio is perfect for my needs, and just about all my classic gaming as well. I also use a Samsung 27 inch CRT.. But that's more for a back up or playing in my living room. I pretty much giving up on monitors awhile ago and stick with the televisions that they were design to be played on.

Here a Google sample of what mine looks like with the Sylvania. Its a little smaller than what I own, but it has the same look

3d55085c-7245-45d0-a8cd-eb3ae0c97d1b.jpg

Anthony...

Is it a flatscreen? And if it is, how do you deal with the missing edges? Those drive me completely NUTS!

• Like 1

Is it a flatscreen? And if it is, how do you deal with the missing edges? Those drive me completely NUTS!

Hi Cernex,

Its a regular unit and with no flatscreen. How about your settings? I believe you have an overscan issue that is causing it.

Anthony..