IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey all! So glad you keep me up to date via twitter with whats going on Ant, so BIG thank you for that! But you didn't tweet me to let me no the new KOF anime clip was out! lol

I love cumin back after a few days and seeing and reading all the awesome stuff people have posted, and OMG, wow! That Vinyl is amazing, so gunna get me one!

Glad to have you back Matty. :thumbsup:

Oh wow. That NeoSave Masta looks so cool Matty. You're making me jealous with it. 8^).. Nice pics of it and glad you shared it with us. :)

Yeah, Isn't it great that Timm from NGDEVTEAM connects with the gamers. :) He gets back to you when he has free time and and glad that pre-orders will be available in the near future. But it looks like will still be waiting for it to come out around 2018 or more. So pre-orderers like myself will be on stand by for 4 years....ouch! :(

That's right Matty, I purchased the tote bag from Frazer and he shipped it yesterday. it was an extra 11.50 pounds for it. But certainly with paying just to have an official product from SNK. I really can't wait to receive it. :)

I saw neooldstore.com before. really had some awesome stuff on there that I would like to have. Maybe in the future I'll buy some of their goodies Matty.

Anthony..

Brians memory card as Tanooki was saying is amazing! The workmanship and quality are second to none as is the overall presentation!

Ive been on the Neo train since importing my first unit as a arcade obsessed teenager in 1990. I always thought the memory card for the Cart console was solely used for Hi-Score saves I had no idea it saved in-game progress as the PS memory card does.

I absolutely love it!

I'm glad that Paul it getting all of his accessories boxed Matty. In fact, he just picked up a minty AES controller as well. Looks really nice for its age. :)

Anthony..

Pauls got a super eye for hunting out Neo bargains, he shows me all this stuff, I sometimes think "am I viewing the same eBay as him" he always finds stuff I miss! lol

The NeoSaveMasta for the MVS/AES is the best piece of accessory hardware bar none for the NeoGeo.

No more batteries you can't replace waiting to die. Epic levels of storage. With the UniBIOS also allows high score saving on every game ever made for the thing with room to spare. I keep it in my system permanently docked to it.

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member FGFchris showing us his NGPC collection. Enjoy.

Anthony..

Im so envious of this collection! After my Pockets died, I sold of my collection! Im so angry with myself for doing it! Ive no idea why I did, must of had close to a whole UK collection. So thankful to be back in the NGPC collector scene again!

Hi guys,

“The legacy lives on” it sure does super happy with today’s delivery of #SNK merch thanks @NeoGeoCollector #NeoGeopic.twitter.com/HLulnwsWes

DK576vPXcAAOty8.jpg
DK576sbW4AAKNZL.jpg
DK576tnW4AI5Hjk.jpg
DK576nlXcAAtoo1.jpg

Anthony...

This stuff looks amazing! Cant wait to get my order from Frazer, so excited! I missed his text saying about postage cost because I was ill so obviously he couldn't post it out to me so still waiting through no fault but my own, but seeing everyone else's hypes me wright up!

what do folks think of the NeoGeo X? I see them on eBay at around $200, and I always loved arcade NeoGeo games growing up. Not sure if I have $200 worth of nostalgia, though...

I appreciate all the responses on the NeoGeo X. I was mostly interested in it for the home console aspect. Those joysticks looked sweet. In that vein, are there good USB joysticks that have that Neo Geo feel that are popular? It's not so much about just playing the games - I can do that on my modded OG Xbox - it's about the arcade feel. If there are better ways to capture that, then I'd gladly skip the NeoGeo X. I've just never researched it.

The prices on AES consoles on eBay is just too much for me justify. They're insanely cool, though.

Well that's a shame. I was hoping for an officially licensed device to be better than that. Reminds me of the cheaper AtGames consoles with Sega's logo.

I think I must be in the minority, I really like the NGX. Now I no its nothing like the real thing and the emulations a bit questionable as is some of the quality but when you just look at it for what it is I'm OK with it!

Makes me think about the Terminator films, when you think of T3 with the others (1 and 2) its awful but take it for what it is and don't link it with the others and it an OK film!

Hi guys,

5f0601bb-ef18-4bf7-acee-b6cab353193c.jpg cf2bbe0d-9b1e-4d4e-b6f4-d1cd166eb582.jpg DATA013: METAL SLUG
We are thrilled to announce a new partnership with SNK Corporation. Over the past year, we have been working closely with the SNK team in Japan to develop an exclusive release for what is perhaps their most iconic franchise: METAL SLUG.

The vinyl release features the complete music from the first entry in the series (Metal Slug: Super Vehicle-001), composed by Takushi Hiyamuta in 1996. Working in collaboration with the SNK Sound Team, the audio was sourced from a NEOGEO development kit in Japan and then mastered at our in-house studio in London. The release is packaged in a gatefold sleeve with accompanying double-sided lithographic insert, featuring rare artwork from the Japanese archives and a special translucent OBI strip with fluorescent Pantone print. A download code for the digital album in both lossy and lossless formats will also be included.

This release is available in the following editions:
  • 180g Tri-Colour Stripe with White Splatter (Limited Edition) - £20.99
  • 180g Opaque Yellow - £19.99
  • 180g Classic Black - £19.99

Available from SATURDAY 7th OCTOBER at data-discs.com

Note: this is a pre-order item. All copies will ship by the end of November.

Audio samples can be found HERE

And my god I nearly fell off my seat!

This looks incredible, can't wait for this to arrive!

And again thanks for keeping me posted Ant! :)

• Like 3

Hahaha. yep, that's true Allan. Can't wait pre-order it.

I was constantly suggesting Data-Disc to get in touch with SNK to do soundtracks from Neo-Geo titles on vinyl for quite sometime. I'm glad I was able to motivate them to do so. But the first one I was hoping for requesting was Magician Lord. But Metal Slug is fine since its more well known to the public. Hopefully later on they'll do it. :)

Anthony..

Me too,i asked them about SNK but Toaplan and Raizing also

• Like 1

Kraut Buster Mission Status Report 2017

Dear customers,

here is the current state of Kraut Buster for NEOGEO.

We have a new video ready here: https://youtu.be/TMix_9cesik

This video uses a simple RGB CRT effect to make it look a little bit like an arcade screen.

It's recommended to watch it full screen to prevent distortion and to have it run in 60fps.

We kept the video intentionally short as we don't want to spoiler too much of the game.

C-MODE:

It's the first time we show the player character: Jack "Handsome" Rowdy and the "contra" mode (displayed as C-MODE).

The C-MODE mode changes the gameplay to a faster more action and running and crushing oriented gameplay.

With less stops, less energy for enemies and less bullet sponges.

Masks and treasures/collectable/secrets are removed in C-MODE to keep this mode as clutter free as possible.

The player's knife attack is also disabled to keep the gunning flow.

To compensate the "simplicity" of this mode we also added a fast kill score system additional to the timed chain system to increase long time appeal of the C-MODE.

Content of video:

We are showing small parts of mission 3-1 (train ride), mission 3-2 (train yard), mission 4-2 (boat ride),

Mission 3-1 you are fighting your way across a military train towards it's locomotive to stop it.

It has 4 parallax layers. Far away background, background, train, foreground details.

All train cars have a nice full body hand pixelated driving motion effect applied to them.

Mission 3-2 is about battling yourself through the ruins of a bombed village, a train wreck and destroying some experimental weapon system in the train yard.

It also introduces the enemy characters: Vixens of the Dictator "Heiße Helga" and "Herrin Peitsche"

We are only showing the first 60 seconds of ca. 6 minutes.

Both missions are also very military. While mission 2 and mission 4 have monsters, robots and tesla enemies.

Mission 4-2 is about escaping a secret submarine base, the fortified coastal zone and infiltrating the dictator's battle ship.

We are showing the first 60 seconds of the "fortified coastal zone" part.

As you can see in the map screen the game has 9 selectable missions.

Some missions consist of several "rooms" with their own settings and graphic sets. Right now we have about 17 "rooms".

Each mission ends with a proper and individual end boss. All stages also have mini bosses.

Overall game status:

The base game will be finished in December/January.

We included below information of which nice to have graphic details we want to add to the game and will see if you guys give us the time for it or if you guys want an earlier release.

We won't do a vote, we will just go with the general impression of the mood we get from you guys.

If we produce the PCBs in December we can do a release in January. A release in February is advised though.

The allotted graphic development budget of KB will be used up after December, we will then start the next pixel art game for NEOGEO.

Shipping is done as always in this order: MVS LE->MVS RE->AES CE->AES RE (order of payment)

Features that we would like to implement but that need more time:

Details:

- Proper story intro / ending / special ending / new fitting music composed

- 3rd character: Valaria "Bona" Bossa (needs to be drawn from scratch unless we reuse the legs of the guys)

- Proper character select screen

- Character customization: skin color / cloth colors

- Mission select screen (partially implemented as you can see in the video, but we would like to include some fun stuff happening on the map)

- Animated title screen

- Adding more destructibles, parallax scrolling and small background animations in the stages

- Player stage win animation (each character)

- Experimental: Sliding for players in C-MODE to make it even more fluid/speedy (requires extra frames for each character) / can have large implication on gameplay / not sure if it can happen

We redrew some later backgrounds from scratch to boost quality even further.

We redrew most explosions.

Added a fast kill / quickkill score system

Having the game run in 60 fps was also quite time consuming at times and not an easy feature to archive.

While we have up to 2x the amount of objects on screen the engine kinda runs up to 4x times as fluid as similar games on NEOGEO (60 fps instead of 30fps).

A lot of optimizations, trickery and out of the box thinking was required to archive this.

We wrote a new Z80 sound driver for better handling the limited resources and adding new features such as user adjustable music volume.

We are not sure but we think it's the first time that it's possible for the user to adjust music volume in a NEOGEO game!?

All our future NEOGEO games will benefit from those engine upgrades.

It also looks like KB could become a gigashock game as it is approaching 512MEGS for graphic ROMs. Music is already at 512 MEGs.

It would be the first pixel art giga shock NEOGEO game ever.

We added some new hardware features on our custom PCBs, implementing them and using them well will take additional time too:

AES+MVS:

- 64KBytes EEPROM: for example to save scores / configs / unlocks / achievements / game progress

- WLAN for example to do software updates / worldwide online highscore list

WLAN needs quite some testing both in hardware and software, hopefully it will make it.

Having WLAN on NEOGEO would be quite cool and could lead to interesting stuff in the future.

- GFX ROM doubled in size

MVS:

- Micro SD-Card (software update) to replace USB update. If WLAN does not work out we maybe add this to AES too.

Allows software updates without the need of a connection to a windows PC.

Those hardware costs are covered by us for the existing pre orders.

Best regards,

NGDEV

This video was recorded at 59.18 FPS -> speedup to 60 FPS and a simple artificial scan line CRT effect was overlaid in post production (line tripling 3x 224p->672p). The music are MP3s of the in game OST overlaid.

The videos were recorded on an unoptimized debug built.

• Like 1

WOW!! :-o :-o

Kraut Buster is really coming along nicely. Worth waiting to see NGDT progressing with excellent quality this game is turning out to be. :)

Thank you VGC for looking out for us and great to have you back on the thread doing what you do best for the community! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anthony..

• Like 1

Kraut Buster is really coming along nicely. Worth waiting to see NGDT progressing with excellent quality this game is turning out to be. :)

Thank you VGC for looking out for us and great to have you back on the thread doing what you do best for the community! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anthony..

Ant sorry to ask again but you no my fragile Brain can't remember anything, you answered this before but I'm sorry I just can't remember why it was.

For me (Im going to buy it anyway!) the game or the few videos I saw on it a few months back looked insanely like the MetalSlug franchise is that why NGDT went back to the drawing books with the game?

Again I no you answered this, sorry to ask again.

• Like 1

Anthony..

No problem man,i eat,live and breath Neo Geo!

• Like 1

Ant sorry to ask again but you no my fragile Brain can't remember anything, you answered this before but I'm sorry I just can't remember why it was.

For me (Im going to buy it anyway!) the game or the few videos I saw on it a few months back looked insanely like the MetalSlug franchise is that why NGDT went back to the drawing books with the game?

Hey Matty,

That's right. Plus, it didn't look that polished and presentable for the Neo-Geo community. So they pulled it off the YouTube channel they had.

Anthony..

• Like 1

By the way Matty,

Remember when I was telling you and the rest of the members about the pre-orders with the bug in the shop page? Well I found it to show what they mention about it and the terrible 1st trailer in 2015.

"Dear Customers,

well this didn't go as expected. Kraut Buster AES CE was sold out within ~1h.

After the harsh critics of the first video and the price increase we didn't expected to sell that fast and well. We thought it will take at least 24h.

While that's good for us on first glance, it's also a serious problem. A lot of our best long time customers didn't got a CE unit. Due to a bug in the shop system we are also overbooked by more than 10 copies.

So what should we do? Cancel those units? Cancel the known investors? We can't really cancel them as they are very important to us too, whether some people like it or not, they help quickly raise the money that's needed for development.

To give our long time customers a chance we decided to increase the limitation.

All extra proceeds will go into increasing the quality further and also adding new content.

For example adding the female character, maybe a nice pixel intro as well. This type of game is eating money away like

nothing else. So it will be a welcome help.

It's both in the interest of gamers and "investors" a like. If you are an investor and want to cancel due to the increase, we will immediately comply and refund.

We will go with a maximum of 22-42 extra units. We will close it latest on June 19th no matter if we sold less. The certificate card will be adjusted accordingly. Numbers will be given in order of payment.

We sincerely think that this is in the best interest of everyone and especially for the NEOGEO community. Only with large sales numbers we can create the games the NEOGEO deserves.

Regarding the music.

It's really extremely early. The new musicians basically only had 2 long weekends to create what you heard in the trailer. Imagine what they can do in the next 6 month!

The reason we switched the musician is that Rafael unfortunately needed to retire from making commercial video game music for now, due to private and job obligations. We will miss his music for sure. He already promised to return for Gunlord 2, if we ever make it. Good news is that we have 2 SHMUPs in our secret vault with Rafael's completed music that will be released in the next years.

Best regards,

NGDEV"

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey I just got into neo geo this year by picking up a neo geo cd unit and been buying games to build my new collection.

I was wondering is last hope available for the neo geo cd?

If so where could I buy one at?

Thanks!

Welcome mate, well done on the NeoCD purchase! Most people are cart fans myself included but the CD format was my first experience in to the Neo world and my boxed new CDZ is my pride and joy, its my favourite console truth be told I have a massive soft spot for the CD, Last Hope is indeed available for the CD but its a game thats creeping up in price, its a wicked game though!

• Like 1

Hey Matty,

That's right. Plus, it didn't look that polished and presentable for the Neo-Geo community. So they pulled it off the YouTube channel they had.

Anthony..

By the way Matty,

Remember when I was telling you and the rest of the members about the pre-orders with the bug in the shop page? Well I found it to show what they mention about it and the terrible 1st trailer in 2015.

"Dear Customers,

well this didn't go as expected. Kraut Buster AES CE was sold out within ~1h.

After the harsh critics of the first video and the price increase we didn't expected to sell that fast and well. We thought it will take at least 24h.

While that's good for us on first glance, it's also a serious problem. A lot of our best long time customers didn't got a CE unit. Due to a bug in the shop system we are also overbooked by more than 10 copies.

So what should we do? Cancel those units? Cancel the known investors? We can't really cancel them as they are very important to us too, whether some people like it or not, they help quickly raise the money that's needed for development.

To give our long time customers a chance we decided to increase the limitation.

All extra proceeds will go into increasing the quality further and also adding new content.

For example adding the female character, maybe a nice pixel intro as well. This type of game is eating money away like

nothing else. So it will be a welcome help.

It's both in the interest of gamers and "investors" a like. If you are an investor and want to cancel due to the increase, we will immediately comply and refund.

We will go with a maximum of 22-42 extra units. We will close it latest on June 19th no matter if we sold less. The certificate card will be adjusted accordingly. Numbers will be given in order of payment.

We sincerely think that this is in the best interest of everyone and especially for the NEOGEO community. Only with large sales numbers we can create the games the NEOGEO deserves.

Regarding the music.

It's really extremely early. The new musicians basically only had 2 long weekends to create what you heard in the trailer. Imagine what they can do in the next 6 month!

The reason we switched the musician is that Rafael unfortunately needed to retire from making commercial video game music for now, due to private and job obligations. We will miss his music for sure. He already promised to return for Gunlord 2, if we ever make it. Good news is that we have 2 SHMUPs in our secret vault with Rafael's completed music that will be released in the next years.

Best regards,

NGDEV"

Anthony..

Thanks Ant, I thought it was that but I couldn't remember, so was it a case that the 'community' wasn't happy so they pulled it or was it them themselves that weren't happy so they pulled it?

MJ

• Like 1

Thanks Ant, I thought it was that but I couldn't remember, so was it a case that the 'community' wasn't happy so they pulled it or was it them themselves that weren't happy so they pulled it?

MJ

Its was a combination of both really. But more towards the community, then to NGDT's credit, they listen to the members and they pulled it.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

All of them beside dragon world series and false games so 22 pgm on my wantlist

Oh wow!

That's sounds great VGC. If you like, you're welcome to show pics of it once they arrive. Seeing you do plenty for us in the community, it would be an honor seeing them from you. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back with Marus from SwedishBeatBalls with more Neo-Geo ports on the SNES. Let's se him in action with Fatal Fury Special. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_VMekLF6g

Anthony..

Never knew their was a decent SNK port on the SNES, especially Since Midway and Capcom made sure their properties were ported well.

Only one I played on a real Snes was King of Monsters..........

Takara basically was the Asian LJN

Edited by enoofu

Hi guys,

『メタルスラッグX』がアケアカNEOGEOに登場。PS4/Switch/Xbox One向けに10月5日から配信 http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/604/1604305/ #アケアカ #メタスラ #メタルスラッグpic.twitter.com/oj3LflqLJZ

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Metal Slug X appeared in the ACE ACA NEOGEO. Delivered from the 10/5 PS4/switch/Xbox One http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/604/1604305/ #アケアカ #メタスラ #メタルスラッグ

DLSRw5pUMAAxgx7.jpg
DLSRxwoU8AA73rp.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch「アケアカNEOGEO メタルスラッグX」の配信がスタートしました!本作は1999年にSNKから発売されたアクションゲームです。ぜひお楽しみください! http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/metalslugX.htm pic.twitter.com/eVlMRSnmNd

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Delivery of the PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch ACEA CA NEOGEO Metal Slug X has started! This is action games from the SNK was released in 1999. Take a look at and enjoy! http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/metalslugX.htm

DLWBntOV4AEohMo.jpg

Anthony...

Just a quick word from me that my reprint of "Gunlord" AES JPN arrived a couple weeks ago, and boy, is it glorious!!!! What a game. Waiting all this time for a reprint to happen was absolutely worth it. I am loving the visuals, the music, the feeling, the flow...but I'm also taking it slow, as to not see the whole gam at once. :)

Excellent stuff!

• Like 1