IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I noticed some severe sound problems with my Fatal Fury, and as always the folks at n-g had a good idea which chip it is, so I'll visit that issue again this weekend. (here's my vid showing the issue and begging for help)

That's not really the post--the post is that I decided to execute 'plan b' as well, and just buy another ff1. So somehow, I snagged a lot containing Fatal Fury 1, 2 & 3 as well as samurai shodown, seemingly all with mini marquees, for the princely sum of $43 shipped. (link) Holy cow. I know I shouldn't count my auctions before they've shipped, but that strikes me as a hell of a deal. Yeah, they're not generally expensive games, and yeah, they're all doubles for me, but I'll still buy ~$10 mvs games all day long.

Glad that you got the problem taken care of Reaper.

Nice lot of Fatal Fury games you have there. Amazing that these kit that were available new at one time were $1,000-$2,000 each. Now you can get them for pennies on the dollar if you can. How times and depreciation can affect even games price wise. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Nice to see and read all, after being away for a while. Hopefully fingers crossed I can be a bit more 'involved' as it were and fight my fear and ridicules nerves! :) missed you lovely people! ;D

Absolutely lol when reading this!! 'writing being a give away' very good Ant, defiantly a good one there!

You can mock Ant but I collect Casios GShocks and all of them even when bought in Size? or HSamuals still have loads of Japanese text flyers in there boxes, so may not of been so obvious after all! LOL

Knew you loved 94 Paul so need to get up here for a day of AES and Strongbow! All- Can you believe how old that games is? Crazy! I dont have a cart version anymore sold it stupidly many moons ago so my CD and Saturn copies rule the roost here need to replace it asap, your 94 Paul dont think Ive ever seen such a crisp, clean copy! For me there either sticky and horrible or have a 'coffee ring' on the box! Can remember like it was yesterday going in to ComPlex in Worcester and seeing it sat on the NeoGeo shelves, 149.99 new I think, I was buying Walker on the Amiga! haha

Hopefully nerves and anxiety wont get the better of me, got so many cool cool things Id like to show! ;)

MJ

• Like 1

Nice to see and read all, after being away for a while. Hopefully fingers crossed I can be a bit more 'involved' as it were and fight my fear and ridicules nerves! :) missed you lovely people! ;D

MJ

Hey Matty,

Glad to see you back with us on the Neo-Geo thread. Hope all is well and you're feeling better. Once you're back to 100% A-1 health again, we can't wait to see you posting away with us like you use to. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Its my bloody health Ant, love the little community you founded, dont mean to sound 'brown nosey' but personally dont think theres a nicer place to be chat the one thing we all have in commen, love for the Neo and SNK!

Theres many 'other Neo places' but not nearly as nice as this friendly bunch!

Had so many cool bits recently of the Mrs, trying to cheer me up! :)

Did you see the Triple Colored DATADISC MetalSlug vinyl?

Also the reprint packs of the entire back catalogue of Grahams NewEarth Frazer put together?

Oh also that amazing official SNK DevKit with dual AES and MVS slots!

Id crawl (I cant walk!lol) over broken glass to get my hands on one of those, the CMVS-AES we could make!

MJ

• Like 1

Its my bloody health Ant, love the little community you founded, dont mean to sound 'brown nosey' but personally dont think theres a nicer place to be chat the one thing we all have in commen, love for the Neo and SNK!

Theres many 'other Neo places' but not nearly as nice as this friendly bunch!

Had so many cool bits recently of the Mrs, trying to cheer me up! :)

Did you see the Triple Colored DATADISC MetalSlug vinyl?

Also the reprint packs of the entire back catalogue of Grahams NewEarth Frazer put together?

Oh also that amazing official SNK DevKit with dual AES and MVS slots!

Id crawl (I cant walk!lol) over broken glass to get my hands on one of those, the CMVS-AES we could make!

MJ

It's fine Matty. :)

We understand about your health. But we hope that you get better soon so we can see you posting like you were before. Were glad you like it here with us. So come by when you certainly feel up to it. :)

Yes, I picked up the limited edition version record from Data-Disc. Really glad to have that in the collection the most out of all three versions from them. I would like to add the yellow and black version next.

The New Earth articles that NeoGeoCollector (Frazer) helped put together to be reprinted is fantastic. Not we never received him in the United States, but thanks to Frazer, we can enjoy them for Neo-Geo buffs all over the world now. So well done to the good man for sure. :)

Yeah, that's an amazing pic to see that Neo-Geo developing kit. I posted the pic of it on top and on the previous page. What a photo that is. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. I'm starting to think all #SNK #NeoGeo development equipment started with an 'X'. The Dev kit shown at the @HAMSTER_Corp event is "X4005". One of my dev boards is "X3002" The other is "X0007" I found these last year labeled "X6002" I don't know their purpose quite yet. #NEODEVpic.twitter.com/U6XiFNn4Ye

DXYmxINUQAABjMk.jpg
    DXYmxuOVoAExUw8.jpg
    DXYm5r5U8AApnp0.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Here's the #NeoGeo X0007 development board. Early model w/ chips dated 1989 1990. Works on both MVS and Home Cart systems and has rarely used link port support. *Magician Lord for size reference. #SNK #NEODEVpic.twitter.com/281Uzi0uvZ

DXYzRPtVoAAf-zg.jpg
    DXYzS0FVQAAVlGK.jpg
    DXYzUjFV4AEeV2h.jpg
    DXYzWfjVAAA_j6F.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Finally had some time to build the prototype #NeoGeo MVS Stereo Sound boards. As long as testing goes well, the board will be free for all on @oshpark and available for purchase assembled or unassembled from me directly. Size comes in at around 1 square inch.pic.twitter.com/HV5qOOBnFH

DXYnR1aWkAExWzC.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hope everyone likes the new stereo audio boards. I've got quite a few NeoGeo systems here for repairs right now. Once I get some of them finished I will post some stories.

If anyone is looking for an AES, I have one I just finished repairing that is for sale or trade. Looking for Nightmare in The Dark MVS or Metal Slug 5 MVS kit.

• Like 2

Hope everyone likes the new stereo audio boards. I've got quite a few NeoGeo systems here for repairs right now. Once I get some of them finished I will post some stories.

If anyone is looking for an AES, I have one I just finished repairing that is for sale or trade. Looking for Nightmare in The Dark MVS or Metal Slug 5 MVS kit.

Good to know mobius. this boards are awesome. :thumbsup: :)

Thank you for stopping by and sharing this with us. We will be happy to see more repair postings and stories regarding them soon. As for buying or trading for your AES. We will let you know for sure kind sir.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. I'm starting to think all #SNK #NeoGeo development equipment started with an 'X'. The Dev kit shown at the @HAMSTER_Corp event is "X4005". One of my dev boards is "X3002" The other is "X0007" I found these last year labeled "X6002" I don't know their purpose quite yet. #NEODEVpic.twitter.com/U6XiFNn4Ye

DXYmxINUQAABjMk.jpg
    DXYmxuOVoAExUw8.jpg
    DXYm5r5U8AApnp0.jpg

Anthony...

That is crazy looking, looks like it has IDE 40 pin ribbon for either a harddrive or some type of floppydrive/CD drive/motherboard

Guessing it next to a 8 pin AT Power connector and connects to a 28 pin Jamma hardness

Hard to tell what the rest is since it so blurry maybe composite and other interfaces on the left side

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 2

1. DWymhx4XUAAYjcx.jpg

DWymhx5WsAAJDDB.jpg

Such a huge fan of the CD system especially the CDZ. I have a final production run cart system (2001 I think) connection modded and a NeoSD with full library of games but still fire my CDZ up more than the cart! The load times, especially on the CDZ really aren't that bad, personally Im not bothered. I have Shodown 3 and 4, KOF 95/96/97 for the Saturn and there really isn't a huge difference in loads at all.

Some people have huge issues with the CDZs build quality, luckily (touch wood) mines been fine, I really feel SNK had the pushed the CDZ, maybe updated it before launch they could of hit big with it, would never challenged the all conquering PS1 in Japan but I dont think thats what they wanted to do, it was an extremely popular system in Japan regardless what the 'haters' say, but because SNK pretty much launched it then ditched it. Oh what could have been!

Do you like the CD Ant?

And all my CD and CDZ units have a wide range of ports on the back as we'll #enoofu.

Was there different version with different ports #Ant?

I know people hate the NeoX but I really like it! lol. Ok out the box there quiet a few things that are.. I spose a bit 'shoddy' the screen, joy-sticks etc but I really like it and like it standard. Ive seen so many people online have tore it apart, modded it to hi heaven, upgraded the screen and I really like it but mines been left totally stock!

Have you an X Ant?

3rgEAEqn_bigger.jpg

Love this collection, been following this for some time and seeing it grow is mega! Have to admit, Im slightly jealous! lol

qV0z9vYe_bigger.jpg

DXW4ThrWkAAAFMm.jpg

Oh WOW, Ive said it already but this is truly amazing! I had zero Idea SNK ever produced a DevKit that had MVS and AES on the one system! Again just imagine the CMVS like super modded unit that could be made?? A CMVS|AES console like thing, ahh, amazing!

• Like 2

Such a huge fan of the CD system especially the CDZ. I have a final production run cart system (2001 I think) connection modded and a NeoSD with full library of games but still fire my CDZ up more than the cart! The load times, especially on the CDZ really aren't that bad, personally Im not bothered. I have Shodown 3 and 4, KOF 95/96/97 for the Saturn and there really isn't a huge difference in loads at all.

Some people have huge issues with the CDZs build quality, luckily (touch wood) mines been fine, I really feel SNK had the pushed the CDZ, maybe updated it before launch they could of hit big with it, would never challenged the all conquering PS1 in Japan but I dont think thats what they wanted to do, it was an extremely popular system in Japan regardless what the 'haters' say, but because SNK pretty much launched it then ditched it. Oh what could have been!

Do you like the CD Ant?

And all my CD and CDZ units have a wide range of ports on the back as we'll #enoofu.

Was there different version with different ports #Ant?

I know people hate the NeoX but I really like it! lol. Ok out the box there quiet a few things that are.. I spose a bit 'shoddy' the screen, joy-sticks etc but I really like it and like it standard. Ive seen so many people online have tore it apart, modded it to hi heaven, upgraded the screen and I really like it but mines been left totally stock!

Have you an X Ant?

Love this collection, been following this for some time and seeing it grow is mega! Have to admit, Im slightly jealous! lol

Oh WOW, Ive said it already but this is truly amazing! I had zero Idea SNK ever produced a DevKit that had MVS and AES on the one system! Again just imagine the CMVS like super modded unit that could be made?? A CMVS|AES console like thing, ahh, amazing!

Hey Matty,

Yes, I do like the NGCD. In fact, the first Neo-Geo console that I ever owned was a boxed top loader CD unit. I eventually purchased 2 boxed front loader and a boxed CDZ console as well. I haven't touched them in a good while, but I do have to say they're great systems considering what their concerns are that's been documented. :)

Yeah, the Neo Geo development kit really made my day. Amazing to see hidden gems that come out of nowhere to wow us to see what SNK created to make games to entertain us for hours onend. Never thought this was ever a reality. But then again, all is possible for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

That is crazy looking, looks like it has IDE 40 pin ribbon for either a harddrive or some type of floppydrive/CD drive/motherboard

Guessing it next to a 8 pin AT Power connector and connects to a 28 pin Jamma hardness

Hard to tell what the rest is since it so blurry maybe composite and other interfaces on the left side

Great to see boards that were available that SNK was able to develop like this one enoofu. Such ingenuity those employees were. I hope more like this will surface to be amazed even further. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Fellow Atariage member and contributor Stage_1_Boss mention that Fast Striker AES 2nd print pre-orders will be available next week. Here's what he had to say.

Anthony..

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• photo-14503.jpg?_r=1506310132
  • rank_joysticks_5.gif
  • 719 posts
  • The key is in the skull.

Sent Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:56 PM

Heya Anthony, just in case you're lookin' out, I got confirmation from NGDEV that Fast Striker reprints should be live this week to next week at the latest, unless they were referring to Kraut Buster preorders lol
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Also to confirm to what Stage 1 mention. I wrote to NGDEVTEAM regarding their schedule pre-order lineup in January. .

Gentlemen....I regards to the final pre-order attempt of Kraut Buster AES, do you have a month in mind when that will come about? The reason why for the question is to prepare myself to make the payment in full.

1170822_570007833055495_1120686779_n.png
NG Dev Team Hello,

Kraut Buster AES returns for a 2nd run pre order in the next few months.

First in line is currently a Fast Striker AES reprint.
Razion AES maybe in 2019.
But it's possible we switch both FS and KB around.

We will keep the pre orders open for about 4-8 weeks.

We will send out our newsletter and post it on facebook.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Also not sure if you shared my Tweets/story from last week Ant so thought id repost some of them here, but the uploader wont except them all so going to put the price list up (which is BRILLIANT! lol) and a few of the !994/95/97/98 mag ads!

Going to post all the single shots on my twitter and Instagram - @mattyjjenkins

for both sites (its a collection of AMAZING stuff! - Please, take a look!!

Defiantly worth a look, used to wright to companies when younger and ask it there was any info they could share so have loads of promo stuff, SNK sent me NeoGeoPocket BlackandWhite promo stuff for the UK and of corse it never came!

When I was a kid I was a obsessed 'scrap-booker' and had this folder that I collected mainly everything SNK/NeoGeo/CD/CDZ theres also some Atari/Jaguar/LYNX stuff and SEGA/Saturn/DreamCast plus bits and bobs from NEC/PCEngine, Nintendo.

I was obsessed with the CDZ, Saturn (then the DreamCast) so have loads of really old official mags in my collection, some quiet rare ones too such as the first copy of the Official XBox, Official PS2 UK, the last ever Official SEGA Saturn mag.

Bought a tear to my eye going through the last UK Saturn mag, I was a HUGE Saturn fan.

So, sorry all if these have already been seen. :(

The NeoGeo price lists are MIND BLOWING! Only one cart over £299.99, KOF99, madness!

Theres even a 'pre-order' section for Mark Of The Wolves NeoCD, what could have been hey! LOL!

post-61243-0-64039600-1520170753_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-45690500-1520170871_thumb.jpeg

post-61243-0-33829100-1520170953_thumb.jpeg

post-61243-0-69629000-1520170992_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-80661900-1520171128_thumb.jpeg

HomeCart PAL/EURO version of Ultimate 11... £274.99! Would bought all the stock out if then I knew then what I know now!! :/

post-61243-0-53570700-1520169457_thumb.jpeg

post-61243-0-73604600-1520169495_thumb.jpeg

post-61243-0-13631100-1520169563_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-88165900-1520169708_thumb.jpeg

post-61243-0-61442900-1520169749_thumb.jpeg

post-61243-0-61567000-1520169788_thumb.jpeg

post-61243-0-50195300-1520169849_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-76111600-1520169942_thumb.jpeg

WakuWaku7, MetalSlug2, UltimateEleven, SamuraiS4 and WindJammers, all brand new, all SNK made, all AES (Iknow some people hate the term AES for the homecart, sorry!) - £1149.95 - thats NUTS! :o

I got RealBout 2, LastBlade, KOF98, SS4 (all cart), MetalSlug1 and 2 (CD) all new, sealed and delivered for £1000! LOL

Thought Id add the back of my modded 2001 AES and my CDZ as saw #enoof highlighting it.

post-61243-0-10266400-1520170011_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-19014900-1520170071_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-27037800-1520170137_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-49730200-1520170255_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-59497800-1520170292_thumb.jpg

Again sorry if these few have been seen already but theres so much more cool stuff on my Twitter and Insta just struggled all the pictures

hope the amount of pics dosnt pi** people off! :)

MJ

• Like 1

Also not sure if you shared my Tweets/story from last week Ant so thought id repost some of them here, but the uploader wont except them all so going to put the price list up (which is BRILLIANT! lol) and a few of the !994/95/97/98 mag ads!

Going to post all the single shots on my twitter and Instagram - @mattyjjenkins

for both sites (its a collection of AMAZING stuff! - Please, take a look!!

Defiantly worth a look, used to wright to companies when younger and ask it there was any info they could share so have loads of promo stuff, SNK sent me NeoGeoPocket BlackandWhite promo stuff for the UK and of corse it never came!

When I was a kid I was a obsessed 'scrap-booker' and had this folder that I collected mainly everything SNK/NeoGeo/CD/CDZ theres also some Atari/Jaguar/LYNX stuff and SEGA/Saturn/DreamCast plus bits and bobs from NEC/PCEngine, Nintendo.

I was obsessed with the CDZ, Saturn (then the DreamCast) so have loads of really old official mags in my collection, some quiet rare ones too such as the first copy of the Official XBox, Official PS2 UK, the last ever Official SEGA Saturn mag.

Bought a tear to my eye going through the last UK Saturn mag, I was a HUGE Saturn fan.

So, sorry all if these have already been seen. :(

The NeoGeo price lists are MIND BLOWING! Only one cart over £299.99, KOF99, madness!

Theres even a 'pre-order' section for Mark Of The Wolves NeoCD, what could have been hey! LOL!

HomeCart PAL/EURO version of Ultimate 11... £274.99! Would bought all the stock out if then I knew then what I know now!! :/

WakuWaku7, MetalSlug2, UltimateEleven, SamuraiS4 and WindJammers, all brand new, all SNK made, all AES (Iknow some people hate the term AES for the homecart, sorry!) - £1149.95 - thats NUTS! :o

I got RealBout 2, LastBlade, KOF98, SS4 (all cart), MetalSlug1 and 2 (CD) all new, sealed and delivered for £1000! LOL

Thought Id add the back of my modded 2001 AES and my CDZ as saw #enoof highlighting it.

Again sorry if these few have been seen already but theres so much more cool stuff on my Twitter and Insta just struggled all the pictures

hope the amount of pics dosnt pi** people off! :)

MJ

This is really cool to see Matty. Hold on, I need to get my breakfast to look and read all of this. :cool:

Anthony..

• Like 1

Its an amazing piece of kit! Had no idea it even existed! Just confirming it is official internal SNK equipment isn't it?

Woah! So do you have all those consoles 'In hand'?

I really love the CD and especially the CDZ, I just dont feel the load times are that bad and some people dont like the fact some of the later games lack frames of animation etc but I feel it really hard to tell, Ive said it before but had SNK really pushed the CDZ it could of worked for them! Shame..

Hi guys,

Also to confirm to what Stage 1 mention. I wrote to NGDEVTEAM regarding their schedule pre-order lineup in January. .

16864604_1288692271213966_42058603102171
1170822_570007833055495_1120686779_n.png

This is awesome news! So with your post and #Stage1Boss post, Im wright in thinking that people that dont yet have pre orders will be able to soon, yeah?

MJ

• Like 1

Its an amazing piece of kit! Had no idea it even existed! Just confirming it is official internal SNK equipment isn't it?

Woah! So do you have all those consoles 'In hand'?

I really love the CD and especially the CDZ, I just dont feel the load times are that bad and some people dont like the fact some of the later games lack frames of animation etc but I feel it really hard to tell, Ive said it before but had SNK really pushed the CDZ it could of worked for them! Shame..

This is awesome news! So with your post and #Stage1Boss post, Im wright in thinking that people that dont yet have pre orders will be able to soon, yeah?

MJ

That's right Matty. The ones that SNK intended to be introduced for the home market. AES, CD, CDZ, NPC and the color version.

And you're right again with the latest info. Gamers that didn't have a chance will be able to do so finally. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1