IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Interesting video from our contributor Scarlet Sprites. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"*Disclaimer*

This is by no means a slam on emulation. If you walk away with that vibe, you've misinterpreted my intended message. Emulation certainly has it's place in the video game hobby, and I've been thankful for it and the individuals who work hard to improve it. Those who know me know that I adore the convenience and simplicity of the RetroPie. Don't think of this video as a negative piece, in fact, it's a love letter to something that I know so many are passionate about."

Anthony...

According to the Korean website Bizfact, the price of the Neo Geo Mini would be between 100-150$. It was reported by Gatoray on Twitter (we thank you all for the info). A Korean friend of mine translated the website and they are talking about a release in july or august.

What do you think of the price? For me 120-130$ would be the max I would pay for it.

• Like 1

A Korean friend of mine translated the website and they are talking about a release in july or august.

Probably initial release isn't worldwide though, right?

What I'd really like is some assurance that the buttons can be reconfigured... you'd think that after putting in save states, monitor support, controller ports etc they couldn't possibly miss that, but apparently we can't take anything for granted.

post-43158-0-88074300-1529009634.png

Hi guys,

Want the white controller the most. :-D

1. The Neogeo Mini is awesome I thought the little stick would be annoying, but I was able to use it fine and actually preferred it over the analog stick of the pad. Best mini console! pic.twitter.com/TrqRx1tUid

DfmBmBEUEAAqRMP.jpg
    DfmBmBJUwAATKHa.jpg
    DfmBmBEUYAASACM.jpg
    DfmBmBFUwAEbRCX.jpg

Anthony...

Probably initial release isn't worldwide though, right?

What I'd really like is some assurance that the buttons can be reconfigured... you'd think that after putting in save states, monitor support, controller ports etc they couldn't possibly miss that, but apparently we can't take anything for granted.

attachicon.gifwhat.png

Its the Asian version only this summer...

and I hope too we can configure the buttons, I still wish they will make at some point a AES stick compatible with the Neo Geo Mini.

Hi all,

I have a quick question about the Neo Geo Pocket (B&W, not color).

Most articles I've read seem to imply that it was never released in the US, but does that just mean that it was never released in stores? I recall buying one, and four games, from SNK USA over the phone (because that is how we did things back then). The packaging was all in English, but I suppose they could have just been selling items that were created for a different region? And if it was for another region, does anyone know where an all-English version would have been created for?

Just curious. I never used it much, since the color came out right after that (and I loved my NGPC).

Thanks for any info!

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have a quick question about the Neo Geo Pocket (B&W, not color).

Most articles I've read seem to imply that it was never released in the US, but does that just mean that it was never released in stores? I recall buying one, and four games, from SNK USA over the phone (because that is how we did things back then). The packaging was all in English, but I suppose they could have just been selling items that were created for a different region? And if it was for another region, does anyone know where an all-English version would have been created for?

Just curious. I never used it much, since the color came out right after that (and I loved my NGPC).

Thanks for any info!

Hi Maaz,

The Neo Geo Pocket was a mostly available in Japan and some areas in Asia like in Hong Kong that lasted from 98-99. I"m thinking that with yours that you received from SNK USA is for American buyers to help translate to make the packaging more understandable for you to read.

Do you have any pics of the packaging to see for ourselves?

Anthony..

From Nintendo World Report TV, gameplay for SNK Anniersary Collection for the Switch. He just play Athena for 15 min, I wish we could see more games.

Great video NGCD.

I pre-ordered this for the Switch as well and for a few others as gifts. I would like to get my hands on this to play no doubt. :)

Thank you for sharing this with us . Keep up the great work as always. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. ACA NEOGEO SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 : THE NEXT GLORY is now available on PS4,Xbox One and Nintendo Switch ! It's a soccer game released in 1995 by SNK. Sixty-four teams from around the world give you an authentic soccer experience! #ACANEOGEO http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/supersidekicks3.htm pic.twitter.com/afZKhG09xx

DfrVvu_VAAAHB2w.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Steve from Retro Tech telling us the plans he has set for restoring is big red unit. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"This is another look at the Neo Geo MVS 4 slot cabinet that is being restored. I got over the parts that need repair and replacement. I had to order new side and front art. I also ordered new marquee lights, controller panel overlay and more. This is turning out to be an educational and fun project. Thanks for watching (and sorry for the birds)."

Anthony..

Hi Maaz,

The Neo Geo Pocket was a mostly available in Japan and some areas in Asia like in Hong Kong that lasted from 98-99. I"m thinking that with yours that you received from SNK USA is for American buyers to help translate to make the packaging more understandable for you to read.

Do you have any pics of the packaging to see for ourselves?

Anthony..

Thanks. I think I still have the packaging. Unfortunately, it is in my storage unit, which looks like it was organized through a series of explosions. That said, I should be able to find it this weekend and I will post some pictures.

Sounds great Maaz.

We look forward on seeing it from you soon. Thank you for posting with us. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More SNK art from Franjogutierrez.

last_blade___yuki_by_franjogutierrez-dce

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. KOF忘年会から14~5年経って、まさか檀上で対戦させてもらった優勝者の方をこのタグを通じて知ることになるとはー! 最後の最後で僕のキタナイ投げハメを見切って逆転勝ちされたんだよなあ・・・すごい懐かしい、そして僕の闘い方めたくそヒールだったので今にして思えば負けてよかったのだ。#MySNKLifepic.twitter.com/RyN3HE4Fq4

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Fourteen or five years after the KOF party, I will know the winner who was allowed to play against the Danjo through this tag! In the last minute, I saw my proceed with and won the reversal, and I was so nostalgic, and I was good to lose if I think about it now because it was a heel.

De-FntNV4AAlv3H.jpg
    De-Foy8UEAEDbLm.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. #MySNKLife 私もSNKさんとの付き合いは長いですが1番の思い出はイベントのゲーム大会で優勝した事です。 KOF忘年会が新宿であり仲間と参加。声優さんのトークショーやじゃんけん大会など盛沢山! そこでKOF94の大会があり運良く優勝しました。 その時に頂いたメダルは今も大切にしまってあります^ ^pic.twitter.com/lO64Icb3b7

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

#MySNKLife I also have a long relationship with SNK, but the most memorable one was to win the event game. The KOF party was in Shinjuku and joined the company. Voice actor's talk show and Morisawa! There was a tournament of kof94, and luckily, I won the championship. I still cherish the medals I received at that time ^ ^

De7qn2VUwAI1R5S.jpg
    De7qn2WUcAAWrjl.jpg

Anthony...