IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

1. 【SNKオンラインショップからお知らせ】 SNKオンラインショップで「サムライスピリッツ」と「メタルスラッグ」のスカジャンの予約がスタートしました!こちらはなんとスイッチプランニングとのコラボ商品です。予約期間は9月30日(日)までとなっております。 https://buff.ly/2xci3d1 pic.twitter.com/umu1piSRVO

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

[information from SNK online shop] The Ska of Samurai spirits and Metal Slug has started in the SNK online shop! This is a collaborative product of the switch planning and what. The reservation period is until Sunday, September 30. https://buff.ly/2xci3d1

Dm9oDDtWsAALUYg.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. SNK ONLINE SHOP様にて、覇王丸の愛刀の名前を冠した河豚毒スカジャンと、メタルスラッグのターマがバイクにまたがったMS-HOD RODスカジャンが予約開始されています! 刺繍もしっかり仕上がっておりますのでよろしくお願いします! SNK ONLINE SHOP様へはこちらから https://goo.gl/PV2Cbs pic.twitter.com/W7M3uB4OcB

Translate Tweet

At SNK ONLINE Shop, the Blowfish poison ska bearing the name of the Sword of love of the Overlord, and the Ms-hod rod ska that the tarma of the metal slug spread over the bike has begun to be reserved! Thank you for the embroidery is also firmly finished! Click here https://goo.gl/PV2Cbs for SNK ONLINE Shop

Dm9f2lSVAAApkJK.jpg
    Dm9f4RjV4AAgfhG.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Anybody still use their Neo Geo X? I'd like for SNK to try that again with a different partner but I think they'll be sour for awhile. The emulation quality is mixed but the Hardware is really nice and the ability too hook it up to the TV is something most dedicated portables should do.

I'd love to see a new version of it with at least 1080p and better emulation.

• Like 1

Anybody still use their Neo Geo X? I'd like for SNK to try that again with a different partner but I think they'll be sour for awhile. The emulation quality is mixed but the Hardware is really nice and the ability too hook it up to the TV is something most dedicated portables should do. I'd love to see a new version of it with at least 1080p and better emulation.

Hey Spike,

Thank you posting onto the Neo-Geo thread and welcome aboard to Atariage.com. :waving:

To to answer your question, I personally somewhat use it these days. In the beginning I wasn't satisfied with the unit after the errors that Tommo had done with it. In fact, if i remember correctly, even SNK wanted them to cease selling the NGX after a few months on the market, but I believe the contract was in favor of Tommo to continue on until it expired. If you can jailbreak it, then it's certainly worth playing and investing into one. So I do so because of it. :)

I personally don't think will see another Neo Geo X in the near future after the NeoGeo Mini was just recently been available in Japan, and pre-orders for the international console was just posted off Amazon. But then again, all is possible. If SNK has an interest on doing so and theirs a demand for a updated version for it, then sure, I',m all for it. :)

Thank you for stopping by Spike. If you have more questions to ask about Neo-Geo and SNK, feel free to do so, Will be glad to give a helping hand. :)

Anthony...

Hey Spike,

Thank you posting onto the Neo-Geo thread and welcome aboard to Atariage.com. :waving:

To to answer your question, I personally somewhat use it these days. In the beginning I wasn't satisfied with the unit after the errors that Tommo had done with it. In fact, if i remember correctly, even SNK wanted them to cease selling the NGX after a few months on the market, but I believe the contract was in favor of Tommo to continue on until it expired. If you can jailbreak it, then it's certainly worth playing and investing into one. So I do so because of it. :)

I personally don't think will see another Neo Geo X in the near future after the NeoGeo Mini was just recently been available in Japan, and pre-orders for the international console was just posted off Amazon. But then again, all is possible. If SNK has an interest on doing so and theirs a demand for a updated version for it, then sure, I',m all for it. :)

Thank you for stopping by Spike. If you have more questions to ask about Neo-Geo and SNK, feel free to do so, Will be glad to give a helping hand. :)

Anthony...

Didn't know about the mini until you mentioned it. Looks like it also has an optional Neo Geo CD style controller! Do you know if the mini has TV output?

I always wished I could plug in the CD controller in a real Neo Geo console, because I like the system and own one, but hate most arcade sticks.

Edited by Spike Danton
  • Like 1

Didn't know about the mini until you mentioned it. Looks like it also has an optional Neo Geo CD style controller! Do you know if the mini has TV output?

I always wished I could plug in the CD controller in a real Neo Geo console, because I like the system and own one, but hate most arcade sticks.

Hey Spike,

Yes it does. In fact a great video from one of my YouTube contributors did a review of it that I believe will help you out with all of you questions and interest towards it. Hope it's to your liking bro. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

I may have to consider getting one then! Is video out better or worse than X?

IMO, NeoGeo Mini is better Spike. It's a big improvement. I feel that were the NGX couldn't do, the Mini did it. Now the control button layout will be different. But the game quality is there no doubt. :)

Anthony...

I may have to consider getting one then! Is video out better or worse than X?

Now Spike, it's important to point out that there are two versions of the Neo Geo Mini. Both do have the same number of games, but they both have different titles on each. Also, the international version was just posted on Amazon for pre-orders and will be launch in October.

Anthony...

I've seen some facebook whining hating on this thing for a couple of things, both seem like deal breakers outside of their crappy lockdown of games per system. Supposedly it has worse or as bad an output for video over HDMI that the Neo-Geo X had, and the other is that the controller supposedly is hot garbage flimsy and just not right.

Any confirmation on this?

I'm not likely going to buy one anyway, because of the game lockouts. But if they are made in ample supply where I could find a screwball sale at some time where I could get both editions for about the price of one, I'd get it. If it could be as easy as a NES Classic Edition to hack similarly, I'd do that and fix their behaviors that way too. I can't support it as it is now at the price they ask after the limiting they did, but those other problems of fubar controllers, and broken/awful HDMI output makes me really uneasy.

Hi guys,

1. 【新降臨イベント予告】 9月18日より新降臨イベント開催1f484.png ブルー・マリーを倒してファイターメダルを集めよう2728.png 今回の降臨イベントは青属性が有効261d.png 9月18日メンテナンス終了後スタート! 「#燃え盛る妬みの炎」 詳しくはこちら▼ http://kofallstar.netmarble.jp/notice/view.aspx?idx=7204&p=1 #KOFAS #KOFpic.twitter.com/7TFwg1SCTP

Translate Tweet

[New Advent Event Notice] New Advent Event from September 18 to defeat the Blue Marie to collect the fighter medal This advent event is the Blue attribute effective ☝ September 18 start after the maintenance ends! Click #燃え盛る妬みの炎http://kofallstar.netmarble.jp/notice/view.aspx?idx=7204&p=1 here #KOFAS for #KOF more information

DnBov_BUYAAa2MW.jpg
    \

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【祈願の樹】 願えを叶える祈願の樹が現れました! 願いをかけるとお気に入りの格闘家破片とグルメが入手できますよ。 ほしい格闘家破片やグルメを獲得するチャンス、ぜひご活用ください。 イベント期間: 2018年9月14日5時-2018年9月16日5時 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/EZNihqxPZl

Translate Tweet

[The Tree of the prayer] the tree of the prayer to grant wishes has appeared! If you make a wish, you can get your favorite martial artist splinter and gourmet. Please take advantage of the chance to win the fighter and the food you want. Event Period: September 14, 2018, 5:00 a.m. – September 16, 2018, 5:00 p.m. #KOF98UMOL

DnBLNAeVAAIEVh6.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. SNK ONLINE SHOP様にて、覇王丸の愛刀の名前を冠した河豚毒スカジャンと、メタルスラッグのターマがバイクにまたがったMS-HOD RODスカジャンが予約開始されています! 刺繍もしっかり仕上がっておりますのでよろしくお願いします! SNK ONLINE SHOP様へはこちらから https://goo.gl/PV2Cbs pic.twitter.com/W7M3uB4OcB

Translate Tweet

At SNK ONLINE Shop, the Blowfish poison ska bearing the name of the Sword of love of the Overlord, and the Ms-hod rod ska that the tarma of the metal slug spread over the bike has begun to be reserved! Thank you for the embroidery is also firmly finished! Click here https://goo.gl/PV2Cbs for SNK ONLINE Shop

Dm9f2lSVAAApkJK.jpg
    Dm9f4RjV4AAgfhG.jpg

Anthony...

Now Spike, it's important to point out that there are two versions of the Neo Geo Mini. Both do have the same number of games, but they both have different titles on each. Also, the international version was just posted on Amazon for pre-orders and will be launch in October.

Anthony...

What's the difference with the international version?

JP version is more suited to people who want all the king of fighters and the international version is more suited to people who like a light up joystick and all the metal slug games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 16Bites
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Translate Tweet

Dm9f2lSVAAApkJK.jpg
    Dm9f4RjV4AAgfhG.jpg

Anthony...

------------------------------------

Ooh, those are sweet indeed, but I prefer that Geese Howard hoodie !! ;)

Edited by NeoGunloc

JP version is more suited to people who want all the king of fighters and the international version is more suited to people who like a light up joystick and all the metal slug games.

Hey Spike. Yeah, just like what 16Bites said. I love the King of Fighters series. So I really had to get the Japanese version. :)

Anthony...

What’s everyone gaming on this weekend?

I’m guessing there’s going to be a few of you playing spider man?

Neo-Geo for me Paul.

Playing some Viewpoint and brushing up my skills to one day to finally beat the game. :-D

Anthony...

Neo-Geo for me Paul.

Playing some Viewpoint and brushing up my skills to one day to finally beat the game. :-D

Anthony...

Sometimes it's not all there. (LOL, sorry for the bad joke)

I've all 3 versions of Viewpoint. It's the game that always gets my attention because of the soundtrack. Even the Genesis version was surprisingly well done.

I still need to try beating Captain Tomaday or Pulstar at some point. Pulstar is much more difficult than Blazing Star.

Edited by Spike Danton
  • Like 1

Sometimes it's not all there. (LOL, sorry for the bad joke)

I've all 3 versions of Viewpoint. It's the game that always gets my attention because of the soundtrack. Even the Genesis version was surprisingly well done.

I still need to try beating Captain Tomaday or Pulstar at some point. Pulstar is much more difficult than Blazing Star.

I wish to have the MVS and NGCD version of Viewpoint Spike.. I do have the Genesis version and the Playstation as well. Great game the PS1 is, but the music isn't anywhere near for what is the Neo-Geo.

Captain Tomaday is really a quirky but fun title to play. I spent plenty of tokens in the arcade on that one trying to figure out what were the developers thinking on making this one. :-D

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224