IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I wish to have the MVS and NGCD version of Viewpoint Spike.. I do have the Genesis version and the Playstation as well. Great game the PS1 is, but the music isn't anywhere near for what is the Neo-Geo.

Captain Tomaday is really a quirky but fun title to play. I spent plenty of tokens in the arcade on that one trying to figure out what were the developers thinking on making this one. :-D

Anthony..

Oh yeah there was a NeoCD version. Looks Like I only have 3/4 then.

Yeah Tomaday is a crazy game, not killing the mafia with a yo-yo in Spinmaster crazy, but it's up there.

• Like 1

Oh yeah there was a NeoCD version. Looks Like I only have 3/4 then.

Yeah Tomaday is a crazy game, not killing the mafia with a yo-yo in Spinmaster crazy, but it's up there.

Hahaha. So true Spike.

Interesting about the Viewpoint for the NGCD, it isn't that expensive. In fact, there a view auctions that are still some sealed for less than $90 bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Viewpoint+Neo+Geo+CD&_sacat=0

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. NGWT Saudi Arabia KOF XIV tournament is in full force and we are seeing a lot of good matches. Live bracket can be found at http://challonge.com/ngwt2sakof14 @SNKPofficial @SNKAofficial @manga_prd @GamersConSApic.twitter.com/VZq2ihfxLG

DnEmy7mWsAUJIdu.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Translate Tweet
    Translated from Indonesian by Microsoft

Could not translate Tweet

DnFDep8W4AUZmM1.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. حياكم الله في جناح مانجا للإنتاج حيث نستضيف بطولة @neogeoworldtour العالمية في ألعاب: KoF14, KoF98, Metal Slug, Blazing Star جزء من فعاليات معرض #جيمرزكون بجدة @GamersConSA وإذا إنت موهوب ومبدع تعال نتكلمpic.twitter.com/0MIJfGaIIZ

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Arabic by Microsoft

God greets you in the manga suite of production where we host @neogeoworldtour the World championships in games: Kof14, Kof98, Metal Slug, Blazing Star part of #جيمرزكون the event in Jeddah @GamersConSA and if you are talented and creative come talk

DnDvEtyX4AMNiEW.jpg
    DnDvF2aXoAAGDlP.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning we are with Adam Koralik... Here we see something that hasn't been shared on the Neo-Geo thread and it's a first to see. A cleaning and restoration video on the NGCD front loader unit. Exciting for sure. So let's see what Adam has plan for us shall we? :)

From the description,

"It's Adam Koralik here and today we're discussing a Japanese SNK Neo Geo CD (front loader) we'll be cleaning and restoring"

Anthony..

• Like 1

Anthony

which do you consider the best console top or front loaded CD

Hey Big Bill,

Glad to see you back on with us. Good question to ask. :thumbsup:

I have both top and front loader versions of the NGCD. Both are equal in performance and worth acquiring.

If you want to buy one at a good price, the top loader is a better choice since SNK made plenty of them.

The front loader is harder to come by since only 25,000+ of them were manufactured by SNK. Interestingly, it doesn't have an eject feature on it. Everything is done by to open/close and play on the system menu. Strange feature, but still does the job.

The other option is a CDZ unit that came out later. Its faster when it comes to loading time, but those consoles have a history of overheating. Plus it cost more than both the NGCD front and top loader.

Hopes this helps ya Bill. Anymore questions, feel free to ask. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone, just wanted to remind you all of the discount code you can use for any of the items on my site - I have added stickers to the store and as with the unisex t-shirts they also come with free shipping.

The discount code is “NEOGEOATARIAGE”

www.16-bites.co.uk

d0b882a3fdacf643d3769b11052bc261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 16Bites
  • Like 3

Playing some NEOGEO tonight and thought I’d share some pics with you all, nothing new - more of an insight to my Saturday night whilst the wife is out [emoji4] ee91eaea5577a4e072f15b1dc800a408.jpge2aab38c6ddc4b94f7b263bc191077ec.jpg213e1b60c830a08b6a8863368f498763.jpga8ace79eaf1cd6deb1957c7e6e5863ab.jpg457abfb6d8bc8adf68e690bbe47ea341.jpg721af3f65490f59fd541c39e3ab1433b.jpg

I really do need to get that RGB signal cleaned up ASAP

Edited by 16Bites
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning we are with Adam Koralik... Here we see something that hasn't been shared on the Neo-Geo thread and it's a first to see. A cleaning and restoration video on the NGCD front loader unit. Exciting for sure. So let's see what Adam has plan for us shall we? :)

From the description,

"It's Adam Koralik here and today we're discussing a Japanese SNK Neo Geo CD (front loader) we'll be cleaning and restoring"

Anthony..

Seeing the Neo Geo CD front loader reminded me of the article in EDGE magazine when it first released in Japan in 1994.

gymvfPi.jpg?15nNL464.jpg

Also, an early mention of SNK's 64-bit Neo Geo hardware in EDGE's sister publication, Next Generation.

Note, the date is December 1995

LoKLYch.jpg

And nearly 2 years later, the October 1997 issue, a full article on Hyper Neo Geo 64.

kqcuQMe.jpg

Edited by Parallax Scroll
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone, just wanted to remind you all of the discount code you can use for any of the items on my site - I have added stickers to the store and as with the unisex t-shirts they also come with free shipping.

The discount code is “NEOGEOATARIAGE”

www.16-bites.co.uk

Thank you for the heads up Paul.

Really cool that you have models posing with the shirt now. Is this girl into Neo-Geo as well Paul? :)

Anthony...

Playing some NEOGEO tonight and thought I’d share some pics with you all, nothing new - more of an insight to my Saturday night whilst the wife is out [emoji4]

I really do need to get that RGB signal cleaned up ASAP

Excellent choice with King of Fighters 97. Always amazed by your photography skills as well Paul. What games in the KOF series are you in the market for now bro?

Anthony...

Seeing the Neo Geo CD front loader reminded me of the article in EDGE magazine when it first released in Japan in 1994.

Also, an early mention of SNK's 64-bit Neo Geo hardware in EDGE's sister publication, Next Generation.

Note, the date is December 1995

And nearly 2 years later, the October 1997 issue, a full article on Hyper Neo Geo 64.

WOW! :-o These articles are great Parallax. Thanks for looking these up. :thumbsup:

I remember The Next Generation one with the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 artile like it was yesterday. I still have the magazine with the article as well. Glad you shared this one us kind sir. This made my day for sure. :)

Anthony..

Excellent choice with King of Fighters 97. Always amazed by your photography skills as well Paul. What games in the KOF series are you in the market for now bro?

Anthony...

Haha thanks Ant, I managed to align one of them wrong but no big deal.

Originally as you know I only wanted the ones I will actually play. With that being said I have now changed my mind and I would like (eventually) the whole set.

Next in line would be 96 or 98 though. Besides KOF I would like a few Samurai Spirits.

• Like 1

Haha thanks Ant, I managed to align one of them wrong but no big deal.

Originally as you know I only wanted the ones I will actually play. With that being said I have now changed my mind and I would like (eventually) the whole set.

Next in line would be 96 or 98 though. Besides KOF I would like a few Samurai Spirits.

Ah, excellent choices with those two King of Fighters Paul. You mentioned Samurai Shodown, which ones to do have in mind Paul?

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. SNKラブコメ【レバガチャアーカイブ】第14回(ROUND5-1)が公開されております。今回の鍵を握る作品は、SNKを代表するあの戦場アクションSTG『怒』三部作!ゲーマー男子なら一度は憧れた女子と巡るゲーム屋デート……って、最後のページは聞いてませんよwww ▼ヤングエースUP(https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000078/episode/2361/ )pic.twitter.com/hdIwKW4apG

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

SNK Romantic Rice [Lebagacha Archive] the 14th (ROUND5-1) is open to the public. The key to this work is the battlefield action STG, which represents SNK's "angry" trilogy! A game shop dating around with girls who once admired if gamers boys...... I'm not listening to the last page. www ▼ young ace up (https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000078/episode/2361/ )

Dm3S1P9U4AAOXII.jpg
    Dm3S21LUwAAvblk.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Anthony...