IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with Dr.Volk with the third installment of his Magician Lord series that he has to offer. Great content as usual from him. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Episode 3 has been abbreviated as "Ep 3" for your convenience

Two Magician Lords in a row??? That's right - the next Incredibles 2 Episode is experiencing some technical difficulties, sooo... yeah, I'll have to check up on that.

In this episode, I stomp through anemones and wander aimlessly through an alien space."

Anthony...

Humble beginnings - Neo Geo CD coverage from EGM and EGM2

Great way to start our morning looking at these pics Parallax. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

True solid gold material that you post on here and much obliged kind sir. Always looking forward on seeing more from you. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【「どうかしちゃった」SNKが送り出す本気のお祭りゲーム『SNKヒロインズ Tag Team Frenzy』の面白さに気づいてしまった!】 https://game-maniax.com/archives/detail/19166 #SNKヒロインズ #ゴジライン #ゲーマニpic.twitter.com/QqmLdId1cw

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

["I'm Crazy" I have noticed the fun of the festival game "SNK heroines Tag Team Frenzy" that SNK sends out! https://game-maniax.com/archives/detail/19166 #SNKヒロインズ #ゴジライン] #ゲーマニ

DnLzIk6VYAAPCBz.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【東京ゲームショウ2018】SNKステージ開催決定!9月22日(土)14時から!話題の新作「SNKヒロインズ Tag Team Frenzy」開発者トークショーやゲーム対戦など盛りだくさん!TGS会場かニコニコ生放送でぜひご覧ください! #TGS2018 #東京ゲームショウ http://ch.nicovideo.jp/hamch pic.twitter.com/SlGepgSoqr

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

[Tokyo Game Show 2018] SNK Stage decision held! September 22 (Sat) from 14:00! The latest new "SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy" developer talk show and game play! Please take a look at the TGS venue or the smiling live! #TGS2018 #東京ゲームショウ http://ch.nicovideo.jp/hamch

DnIoXq-VAAUUuSY.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

retrogamer_logo.jpg.png
YASUYUKI ODA TALKS SNK HEROINES
by Nick Thorpe, 7 September 2018
635 views1 comments

pr_yasuyuki_oda_snk.jpg

SNK’s latest fighting game, SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy is out this week for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, bringing together a variety of fan favourite fighters from SNK’s past for a party-style battle. The game’s characters find themselves transported into a mysterious mansion by an unknown party – and judging by the costumes that the women now find themselves in, the kidnapper clearly has a variety of fetishes. The fighting roster includes Fatal Fury’s Mai Shiranui, Samurai Shodown’s Nakoruru, Shermie from the King Of Fighters series and even Terry Bogard, whose gender has been forcibly reassigned by the mysterious abductor.

The emphasis is firmly on having fun rather than technical mastery – special move inputs are simplified as compared to the King Of Fighters series, items can be used ranging from time bombs to giant wrecking balls, and the game boasts a new Dream Finish system that ensures a spectacular end to every fight. There’s also a variety of costumes to unlock, and plenty of customisation to be done.

SNK’s producer Yasuyuki Oda sat down with us to explain a bit more about the game:

How did the SNK Heroines project get started?

Soon after The King Of Fighters XIV was released, we decided to start with a new project with popular female characters from throughout the whole SNK library. That’s where this came from.

There was a previous game on the Neo Geo Pocket Color with a similar theme, SNK Gals’ Fighters. Was any inspiration drawn from that for this concept?

Actually, it was kind of an opposite influence. Because we had already made a game like that, we wanted to make sure SNK Heroines wasn’t just a rehash of what that was, but a complete differentiation and a new game within that concept of using female fighters.

pr_snk_heroines_switch_terry_power_wave-

How did the team decide which characters to include in the game?

There were three different categories – popular characters from SNK, characters that we want to make more popular, and what we call the “special box.”

I’m curious, what does the “special box” entail?

If you’ve played The King Of Fighters XIV, you might know that everyone gets revived at the end of the story. So it was kind of a way to bring back Shermie.

The concept of a tag team fighting game is familiar to most players, but the Dream Finish system is a new concept. Could you please explain a bit about that for us?

The only way you can win is with a Dream Finish, so even if you get your opponent’s energy meter all the way down to zero, that opponent will not be defeated until you use a Dream Finish. The reason that this is important is because rather than a traditional fighting game where you’re using many combos or trying to chain things together, it’s for people who maybe are not particularly great at that. It’s more of a timing thing – waiting to build up your Dream Finish, and then waiting to get your enemy down to low energy, and then unleashing it at the right moment. Or maybe your playable character has used all of their stamina gauge, and so you switch out to your character in reserve who has the Dream Finish, and do it right then.

pr_snk_heroines_switch_zarina_vs_mai-616

You mentioned that the Dream Finish system was tailored towards those who aren’t so good at combos. Is it fair to say that you’re aiming SNK Heroines towards an audience that is less familiar with fighting games?

Yes, the idea is to be as broad as possible with who is able to play this game. Of course there’s practice involved, you still have to practice and learn how to play the game well, but it’s very welcoming for everyone.

What modes are included?

Story mode, versus mode, survival mode, training mode, online mode – and there’s an option within the online mode to watch other players and bet points on their battles.

What is the purpose of the points?

Those are used for customisation – there’s lots of costumes, lots of accessories, you can buy different backgrounds and take screenshots using them. The in-game currency is the way to get all this stuff, the betting is just a quick way to get it so you can unlock more things that you’d like to use.

Roughly how many costumes are there per character?

There are three per character, and around 130 customisation items.

pr_snk_heroines_switch_mai_leona_special

Tags: Interview, Nintendo Switch, PS4, SNK, SNK Heroines, Yasuyuki Oda

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with Bloggo's PW with the continuation of shmups for the Neo-Geo. Thank you Bloggo. Glad to see this from you. :)

From the description,

"Following a reminder from #teambasement Bloggo delves into the pixelated waters of Neo Geo shooters. Again."

Anthony...

Samurai Shodown 2 by far Paul. If you had either one in mind 2 is the one to get next. :)

Anthony..

I like SS2 better too, but to be fair SS is a very good game.

Both games are well polished and balanced, and most of the differences are in SS2 having more of a advance fighting system

Kinda of like comparing Street Fighter II to Street Fighter III

• Like 1

I like SS2 better too, but to be fair SS is a very good game.

Both games are well polished and balanced, and most of the differences are in SS2 having more of a advance fighting system

Kinda of like comparing Street Fighter II to Street Fighter III

Well said enoofu. :thumbsup: In both games, I always play with Jubei. Love that double sword stance he has and dash attack he does too. :)

Anthony...

My Waku Waku 7 review. Another great NeoGeo game few talk about.

Such a great game Waku Waku 7 is NGCD. Too bad many outside the Neo-Geo community don't talk about this underrated game that really is a force to be reckoned with.

Tank you for sharing this with us bro. Keep up the great work as always. :)

Anthony...

EGM and Diehard GameFan on Samurai Shodown 64

And Samurai Spirits RPG (Neo CD, PSX, Saturn)

Whoa! :-o

Nice artwork on these articles Parallax. I gotta admit, I wish I could draw them this good must say. :-D

Thank you as always bro. Keep it up. We're always looking to see more from you. :)

Anthony..

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/1aTFeVK20nijs1cyi1_FEKPkAhWP8YcqN

That is a link for the super retro-cade. Full sets for Nes, Snes, Genesis, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Arcade(80s,90s, CPS1, some NeoGeo). The PNG files are the pictures, so the console has matching art. But the ROMs can work with any pc, pi or emulation device. If you need the Genesis game to be .md, or .smd simply highlight the game example Sonic the Hedgehog.bin and change the extension to Sonic the hedgehog.md it needed to be bin for the super retrocade, same with the game boy color, it needed to be extension .gb, instead of .gbc just rename to use in any other emulator.

The emulators are easy to find, the ROMs are no longer, because Nintendo closed many sites down. I use these packs, works fine.

https://www.retroarch.com/?page=platforms

That is the offical Retroarch site in the download section. it is an all purpose, all in one emulator for PC, Mac, phones or Tablets. if you need bios or aren't sure how to use emulation.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Game-Boy

That site has everything you need to know.

https://archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03

That site has everything. but view content on each section to find what you need. BIOS is in each system section, use the github wiki to know what to rename for each one to work properly. Example [bIOS] Nintendo Game Boy Boot ROM (World).gb would have to be renamed gb_bios.bin to work properly. :)

Edited by Dank Games
  • Like 1

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/1aTFeVK20nijs1cyi1_FEKPkAhWP8YcqN

That is a link full the super retro-cade full sets for Nes, Snes, Genesis, Game Boy, Game boy color, Advance, Arcade. The PNG files are the pictures, so the console has matching art. But the ROMs can work with any pc, pi or emulation device. If you need the Genesis game to be .md, or .smd simply highlight the game example Sonic the Hedgehog.bin and change the extension to Sonic the hedgehog.md it needed to be bin for the super retrocade, same with the game boy color, it needed to be extension .gb, instead of .gbc just rename to use in any other emulator.

The emulators are easy to find, the ROMs are no longer, because Nintendo closed many sites down. I use these packs, works fine.

Thank you Dan. :thumbsup:

This really is thoughtful and cool of you to do. We appreciate this and thank you for sharing the link as well. Nice list of units mention on here. I have to look into it right now. :)

Thank you Dan. This made our day we must say. :)

Anthony..

i am fully aware this is not the emulation section of this site, but I am providing to ways to gain full ROM packs and ways to have emulation on PC, pi, phone or tablet. delete my post if needed. but above all, enjoy. :)

Not a problem Dan. It's the thought that counts. :-D Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

Anthony..