IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I am getting in there early as its the 24th here now, so have a happy anniversary and here is my contribution to the cause.

its a long one.

Hey Dave.

Thank you for contributing and participating on it. Really appreciate it kind sir and going to seeing it right now. Always a pleasure seeing you what you do best my man. :)

Anthony.

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 4

Hi guys,

It's 12:00 midnight here EST in New York. You know what fellas??

:party: Today marks the 5th year anniversary of "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com! :party:

Its been another amazing year in which we were able to bring members together and having discussions regarding anything related to the Neo-Geo and SNK. I would like to take the opportunity as usual to thank Albert, the moderators, the members, and guest that come by, reply, and look at the postings that are available to view for the general public pertaining to the Neo-Geo and its platforms. As mentioned before, the Neo-Geo thread had concerns and uncertainties involving how will it work and benefit others. After careful planning and good concepts. We were able to make this thread work and help benefit long time and new Neo-Geo players. :)

For those that are unaware about the thread beforehand, Atariage had little discussions that involved the Neo-Geo. But being a Neo-Geo player, owner, and enthusiast.....I felt it was time to introduce something new and fresh for the community here on the site. So far, we have 18,200+ replies, and almost 600,000 views and counting! A nice accomplishment so far that we continue on to progress even futher.

The Official NEO-GEO Thread motivated our members to establish other amazing threads such as,

The Official TurboGrafx-16 Thread.

The Official Game Boy Thread.

The 3DO Thread.

The SNES/Super Famicom Discussion Thread.

The Sega Dreamcast Thread.

Nuon Game System & Discussion Thread.

The "Make A Label/Box Into Something Funny/Cool" Thread.

Battle of the Ports Thread.

Hi-Score Today Thread.

Analogue NT Mini Core Video Recommended Thread.

The Video Game Cartoon Thread.

The Official lag thread.

The Official Vectrex Thread.

The Official Custom Controller Thread.

The Official Videogame Tombstone Thread.

The Official Nintendo 64 Thread.

The Official Sega CD/Mega CD Thread.

The Official Action Max Thread.

The Official Nintendo GameCube Thread.

The Official Channel F Thread.

The New Cables For Classic Consoles Thread

If you have a moment, please support them in which they offer to benefit others in the community. So much insightful information that is posted on these threads that will be to your liking! :)

Plus, the Neo-Geo thread help enlist 12 new members to Atariage and would like to thank the following that joined because of it.

1. BackInTimeSime

2. Dr.Strangelove

3. Kell7

4. DTL Presents

5. Noel Comix

6. Savage Gaming

7. MAZ GamingUK

8. Dank Games

9. Betty Horde Clinic

10. Mr. Fox

11. Mike Palmer

12. ShinuRealArts

As usual, "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" is open to all. If you have any inquiries or you're a gamer, reviewer, programmer, troubleshooter, developer, publisher, or anything else that you would like to contribute relating to the Neo-Geo or SNK/P, please feel free to PM me, or post here. You're welcome to do so.

Thank you all for the personal support and thank you for supporting "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 10

I have to admit I'm surprised the thread keeps going, but it could be a lot of the twitter relaying you do.

I still read now and again, post less though, as I really just haven't bought anything much SNK in awhile. I got mostly what I wanted out of it as far as MVS carts I'd like, NGPC too. Sure if cash values weren't into speculator ignorant territory I'd snap a few more like Rockman and Cotton on NGPC but I just can't rationalize it anymore than I can for $70+ for MVS Sengoku.

• Like 3

Hey guys,

To celebrate the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread, here's The Retro Gaming Castle doing a great video on the 5 launch titles for the Neo-Geo. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Celebrating the 5 year anniversary of the Neo Geo thread over at atariage.com

Big thanks to Anthony.

Welcome to the Retro Gaming Castle.

Join us on our journey into retro gaming, as we review classic games, countdown some of our all time favourites, take a look at arcade ports on home consoles and much, much more.

In this episode we take a look at of the launch games for SNK's Neo Geo system.
What are your favourite games for the system? Let us know in the comments below."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJHWo74C0pM&t=28s

Anthony...

• Like 7

Happy 5th anniversary my friends. And to you Anthony, a very special thank you for being a great friend and supporter of my channel. As well as introducing me to other members and channels. Like Betty Horde Clinic and FGF Chris. Two really awesome guys and friends of mine. You encourage me to stop by and I am always glad I did, from gaming news to merchandise you post the best stuff.

I am glad so many people seek like minded friends to share their collections, game play and stories. I have enjoyed my visits and appreciate the privilege to post game play. You have all been so nice. So cheers to all of you, cheers to you Anthony and best wishes for another 5 years.

• Like 3

This episode of Neo Geo Love, I show some KoF figures and help celebrate my main man Anthony AKA Charlie Cat on his 5 years with his Neo Geo thread on AtariAge. Come hang out and congratulate him for 5 years of great Neo Geo news we can use. Congratulations my man!

Edited by dolemite14
  • Like 2

Happy Anniversary to the NEO GEO Thread! Thanks to Anthony for putting this great and very prolific thread together!

He asked if I would have something to contribute to commemorate the occasion, so here it is:

The audio kind of sucks but this was my first NEO review, made over 6 years ago: MUTATION NATION (1992 SNK).

I wasn't a real big fan of this one-- it's a beat-em-up in which you can select from one of two fighters and you can pick up special fighting skills which you execute with punch/kick attacks or you can charge the attack button for a stronger attack. You take on hordes of mutated creatures. I remember this at the department store I worked at in Tigard, OR (I was living with my folks for a handful more years), and I'd hear the "RRRRRRNGH...." sound of the charging of the attack when this game was in demo mode, echoing through the front area of the store. I remember at the time my Portland Trailblazers were getting really good and we had their playoff games going on the display tvs in the electronics department. We had a Hollywood Video store near the entry and I'd rent all the anime I could get my hands on. Ah.. memories.

I liked FATAL FURY much better, which also was in the same cabinet.

• Like 4

Yo fdurso224 and every other Neo-Geo fanatic on this forum.

Congtaulations on the 5 year anniversary, and may there be many more years in which we share are the coolest SNK Neo-Geo related material.

SNK... THE FUTURE IS NOW !!

And here is some Geese Howard in Real Bout Fatal Fury Special gameplay ;)

https://www.facebook.com/robert.leeuwis.77/videos/1228353237314434/

• Like 3

Happy anniversary :waving: to you all especially Anthony, Anthony you do so much great work to keep this thread going your a credit to the gaming community and a fantastic supporter of my channel.

Thanks to you and your introductions I watch great channels like Dank Games, Dan.

You also help when I've got a console problem and guid me in the right direction and with all this going on you still find time to point out great information with regards to up and coming new games and new arcade machine companies like the exA-Arcadia

Lets hope the next 5 years are as great ;-)

• Like 3

I can't believe it's been 5 years--wow how time flies.

I'll be back into neo somewhat soon. Currently, I'm off on a Vectrex kick, and next up, in a couple days, is probably a genesis kick thanks to mega sg, but I'll probably switch back to Neo geo when xeno crisis hits for it, if not sooner.

In neo news for me, my first MVS (my full cabinet) has started booting with a z80 error half the time. The other half of the time, sound cuts out within an hour or two. It's time to give that setup some love--I should probably check the power supply before swapping the board. Maybe do the control switches too. I have done almost zero maintenance on the thing since I got it in '04, so it's more than time.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

Hey guys!!

Today is the anniversary of the Offcial NEO-GEO thread. So I thought I'll make a little something for our friend Anthony.

Here's an illustration of SNK best girls (according to me ofc :D ).

neo_ge10.jpg

That there is pretty awesome, thanks for the celebratory pic Shinu and thanks of course to Anthony for keeping the Neo Geo thread goin' for all these years!

• Like 2

Well done Anthony on five years on what must be the most amazing forum post ever!

Your support for the Neo Geo is just outstanding, and I appriciate all your efforts, keep it up my good man for as long as you can stand it :)

A little extra show from my channel just to show my massive thanks to you and everybody else who still loves the Neo Geo.

• Like 2

Congratulations on 5 years!

I am glad i found this thread and read through it 5 months ago.

It led me to my Neo Geo Christmas edition machine which I love and play a game or two off of everyday.

I will say it is one of the very best video game items I ever purchased,and i found out Neo Geo games are outstanding and so much fun!

Keep up the great posts and information Anthony,super job with everything! :) :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hey guys,

To celebrate the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread, here's The Retro Gaming Castle doing a great video on the 5 launch titles for the Neo-Geo. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Celebrating the 5 year anniversary of the Neo Geo thread over at atariage.com

Big thanks to Anthony.

Welcome to the Retro Gaming Castle.

Join us on our journey into retro gaming, as we review classic games, countdown some of our all time favourites, take a look at arcade ports on home consoles and much, much more.

In this episode we take a look at of the launch games for SNK's Neo Geo system.

What are your favourite games for the system? Let us know in the comments below."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJHWo74C0pM&t=28s

Anthony...

What an awesome video! It takes us back to the past to play the awesome games of our younger days!

-Aaron

• Like 2

Not a great pic, but my phone's also not great, lol

Here's a current pic of my AES games for the Neo Geo, not counting Fast Striker, Xeno Crisis and Kraut Buster which will join up when they're ready. = )

gallery_14503_2313_57179.jpg

What an impressive collection, I only have a three games with the shock boxes. All the rest are loose carts. Nice titles! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

• Like 3

Happy 5th anniversary of the Neo Geo thread! I figured I would stop by and check out all that was going on and post a video of my current 5 favorite SNK games from the NES, Arcade-Pre Neo Geo, Neo Geo Pocket Color, and Neo Geo MVS. My favorites change from time to time, but these classics sure do stand up to the test of time. SNK has always stood for the hardcore gamer with it's classic shmups, platformers, racing games, fighting games, ect! Thanks for the opportunity to post a video to celebrate the occasion. Cheers, as I take a big gulp of beer as I post this! Here is to many more years of the awesome thread! Long live SNK! Thank you to this community for the continued support of my channel and the friendships that have come from all of the awesome contributors to the thread! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

• Like 2

Hi guys,

1. Dear all #retrogaming & #NEOGEO fans, please help celebrate the 5th Anniversary of the awesome NEO-GEO forum at @AtariAge: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223548-the-official-neo-geo-thread You will find friendly people (including the amazing @Fdurso224Durso) & info on the latest NEO-GEO news! #SNK #gamingpic.twitter.com/yhSrTaQgJx

D2cDEX8W0AEWfFJ.jpg
    D2cDEX8WsAEfyyv.png

Anthony...

• Like 2