IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

1. For the first time in the Middle East meet Eisuke Ogura the character designer for @SNKPofficial at #KBR2019 where there will be a demo of Samurai Shodown at their booth لاول مرة في الشرق الأوسط قابل مصمم الشخصيات لشركة اس ان كي ايسكي اوغورا في بطولة KBR و سيكون هناك ديمو للعبةpic.twitter.com/YDiwkdnKHj

D2kMy9wWoAEsQgM.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. METAL SLUG series soundtracks are now out through online music distribution! Search "SNK SOUND TEAM" in distribution service ! #SNK #METALSLUG Click here for more details https://www.facebook.com/SNK.METALSLUGWORLD/photos/a.1706975812921682/2322911934661397/?type=3&theater pic.twitter.com/ytx9Op6W8Y

D2qQw5bVYAA2X03.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【世界の山ちゃん杯】 ●3/30土曜 18:00〜22:00 ●大須シネマ 大須に復活した映画館で、eスポーツイベントが開催されます。 優勝商品はなんと手羽先100人前203c.png 【シングルトーナメント種目】 ◎KOF14 ◎餓狼伝説スペシャル *観覧のみの方も歓迎です。 *2000円pic.twitter.com/Ap2HTSuoQC

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

[World's mountain-chan Cup] ● 3/30 Saturday 18:00-22:00 ● the E-sports event will be held at the cinema, which was revived at OSU Cinema OSU. The winning product is a 100 servings of chicken wings ‼️[single tournament event] ◎ KOF14 ◎ Fatal Fury Special * visitors are welcome. * 2,000 yen

D1m8rhxVAAA443Q.jpg

Anthony..

Hey guys,

This morning we're in for a real treat. Fellow Atariage member, NeoTurboManiac made a marvelous video to celebrate the occasion of the Neo-Geo thread's 5th anniversary on Atariage.com. In this video we will be seeing 5 Neo-Geo titles from the year 1995. The reason being for that years is due to the fact that the Neo-Geo was 5 years old at that time. By comparison, it's the same age of what the thread is now. :)

Clever Neo, very clever. :-D Enjoy everyone. :)

From the description,

"This video is in honor of the 5th Anniversary of the Neo Geo Thread of the Atari Age Forums, which is run by Anthony aka Charlie Cat. We will take a look at 5 Neo Geo games released in 1995, which was the 5th anniversary of the system. Enjoy!"

Anthony...

• Like 2

A while back I was changing the power supply in my big red and i found this label in the back inside corner! Who knows how long it's been there. I'm 99% sure it's a repro label, but I swear the quality of it is legit! Mvs scans doesnt have a Japanese label for Strikers so I was hoping I found something rare, but I dont think so. The SNK logo is too weird. I wanted to share anyway since it's interesting! Have a good day everyone!

post-46128-0-42685100-1553790042_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A while back I was changing the power supply in my big red and i found this label in the back inside corner! Who knows how long it's been there. I'm 99% sure it's a repro label, but I swear the quality of it is legit! Mvs scans doesnt have a Japanese label for Strikers so I was hoping I found something rare, but I dont think so. The SNK logo is too weird. I wanted to share anyway since it's interesting! Have a good day everyone!

Hey Justin,

Thank you for stopping by to show us the sticker. I got to admit. It looks great for it's age being preserved inside your cabinet of yours. Maybe are you thinking of putting it back were it was or laminating it to preserver it for the years to come?

Anthony...

• Like 1

My little contribution for the 5 th !

Better late than never . ;)

190328063558987867.png

Hey Pad,

WOW! :-o What a great video is this and thank you for sharing this with us for the celebration of the 5th anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com.. Thank you kind sir. I mean it's perfect on everything that you done to make this what it is. I owe ya one for doing so bro. This is real cool for sure. :)

Anthony...

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Samurai Spirits for the Super Famicom - a pickup from Luna in San Diego. Love the box art on this. Not the strongest version of this game, but it’s SNK on SFC! Via Analogue Super Nt #SamuraiSpirits #SNK #SuperFamicom #AnalogueSuperNt #LunaVideoGames #RetroGaming #RetroGamerpic.twitter.com/lj3Uf5WRk3

D0Ru-v-X4Acu1yk.jpg
    D0Ru-woWoAMSMwF.jpg
    D0Ru-wAWsAAzMYa.jpg
    D0Ru-v_WwAgBCew.jpg

Anthony...

Hey Justin,

Thank you for stopping by to show us the sticker. I got to admit. It looks great for it's age being preserved inside your cabinet of yours. Maybe are you thinking of putting it back were it was or laminating it to preserver it for the years to come?

Anthony...

I actually own strikers 1945 plus so it's in the shockbox behind the cart and it wont go anywhere!
  • Like 1

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. My name is Mike and i'm from White Plains NY. I'm a retro gamer who loves working on arcade machines and collecting for neo geo. I also have a small youtube channel that i've been posting some arcade related videos on. Its awesome that there is a friendly and civil neo geo forum going on here! I'm looking forward to trying to contribute information whenever I can. I'd like to especially thank Anthony for helping me to sign up and basically welcoming me with open arms! So thank you for that Anthony! Talk to you all soon and see you on the forum!

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. My name is Mike and i'm from White Plains NY. I'm a retro gamer who loves working on arcade machines and collecting for neo geo. I also have a small youtube channel that i've been posting some arcade related videos on. Its awesome that there is a friendly and civil neo geo forum going on here! I'm looking forward to trying to contribute information whenever I can. I'd like to especially thank Anthony for helping me to sign up and basically welcoming me with open arms! So thank you for that Anthony! Talk to you all soon and see you on the forum!

Hi Mike,

Welcome Aboard to Atariage.com. Thank you for participating on The Official NEO-GEO Thread. Glad to give a helping hand and we look forward on seeing you typing away with us on the Neo-Geo thread and through the forums :)

Please enjoy your stay and were glad to see you here posting on the exciting Neo-Geo platforms with the many titles that it has to offer. Feel free to look around for your convenience and revert to the many pages that we accumulated here on the thread, Hopefully, we have a posting(s) that will be a benefit for you to help in your Neo-Geo endeavors! If you have any inquires or concerns that you would like to address, you're more than welcome to write here that pertaining to the Neo-Geo! :)

Thank you again Mike for enlisting and posting on the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com. I see you're from White Plains in Westchester county. I'm in the Bronx and like 30 mins from you when taking the Bronx River Parkway. Say, your birthday is a day before mine. Awesome bro. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with our new Atariage member Mike7599 and with an intriguing video that I never seen before. Do you own a NeoSD, an AES, and a MagicKey adapter? Ever wondered if all three will work all together? Have a look at the video that Mike had done to see for yourself. Cetrainlly out of the ordinary that's for sure. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"I decided to see if my neoSD flash cart for the MVS arcade system would work on my home AES console. I used my magic key converter and got some interesting results. Updates posted below.

How to: The game you select must be flashed onto the cartridge using your MVS arcade cabinet. There is no way to access the NeoSD game selection menu once playing on the AES. I recommend setting the "save setting" to Off. Set the neoSD region to match your AES region. Cartridge must be inserted backwards into the magic key adapter. Button on the magic adapter must be held in while turning system on and released after neo geo splash screen.

Update 10/9/18:
While it was fun testing this out its just not practical. I highly recommend picking up the AES specific neoSD. Here are my final conclusions on this.

-Confirmed that all games (that actually work) force boot into MVS mode. While I originally thought the magic key was converting the game to AES mode it actually is not. The main issue here is no way to access dip switches or add credits.

-The dip switches default randomly and there is no way to set them*. In some games they default to unlimited credits and continues, making the games perfectly playable. In other games it defaults to a no continue mode. This allows you to play until a game over but with no option to continue.

-If you try to flash the cartridge in AES mode the game will keep recycling the splash screen.

*AES owners who have a unibios may be able to add credits and access the dip switch menu, but I can't confirm this.

Updates 10/7/18:

-The ARCADE mode setting I spoke about in the video does not matter and can be set to either YES or No. This setting is really only for an arcade operator. It will enable or disable the assigned hot key to get into the neoSD menu when the SD card is removed from the cartridge. Thus acting as a stand alone single game cartridge.

-I recommend the region mode on the neoSD should match the region of your aes console. There are some instances where the region can be changed and it will work (I.e. Magician lord in USA mode) but it is not recommended. Most games require the region to match. Example pulstar will only work on my Japanese AES if the neosd region is set to japan.

-Unfortunately it is confirmed that not all games will work. Some games I couldn't get working were Metal Slug, King of Fighters 03 and Metal Slug 3. There may be more as I haven't tested everything. These games just come up with a blank screen.

-There seems to be some games that boot up in MVS mode. I found this with Garou Mark of the Wolves, Pulstar and Metal Slug 5. There may be many more. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to add a credit in these games so once you lose all your lives its game over, no continues available. I did find some kind of a secret dip switch menu I accessed in metal slug 5 by holding down select and hitting "D". But it was in japanese and i'm not sure what it said.

-Magic key built in cheats can't be used since the built in bios must be bypassed to use the NeoSD.

If anyone has any info to add please drop a comment below and I can update this! Thanks for watching."

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey Anthony,

I told a few friends about this forum so hopefully they show up :-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Mark,

Good to see you again my man. Hope all is well bro. That's great you recommended some of your friends to stop by to see the thread. Really cool of you to do so Mark. Thank you for doing so. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Not ideal - it sort of works! I should re-record this video with updates information. Long story short it puts the games into mvs mode with no way to add credits. On a side note Im debating installing a unibios on my AES. Ive never attempted this before and Im thinking of doing the piggy back method because Im worried about destroying traces by unsoldering the bios. Ive had all the parts ready for over a month now but Im really on the fence about it. I would love to play some of my original AES carts in English for a change. But with the neosd Pro having its own bios built in is it really worth modding the system? Thoughts anyone?

• Like 1

Not ideal - it sort of works! I should re-record this video with updates information. Long story short it puts the games into mvs mode with no way to add credits. On a side note Im debating installing a unibios on my AES. Ive never attempted this before and Im thinking of doing the piggy back method because Im worried about destroying traces by unsoldering the bios. Ive had all the parts ready for over a month now but Im really on the fence about it. I would love to play some of my original AES carts in English for a change. But with the neosd Pro having its own bios built in is it really worth modding the system? Thoughts anyone?

Hey Mike,

If that's the case, then I think it would be better to leave the AES unmodded and use the NeoSD Pro. The way I figure since the NeoSD Pro has it's own bios in it, then I feel there's no need to go take the chance to potentially damage your AES unit to take a risk. I think you're pretty much set bro. :)

Anthony...

Hey Mike,

If that's the case, then I think it would be better to leave the AES unmodded and use the NeoSD Pro. The way I figure since the NeoSD Pro has it's own bios in it, then I feel there's no need to go take the chance to potentially damage your AES unit to take a risk. I think you're pretty much set bro. :)

Anthony...

Thanks Anthony I tend to agree. I had been going back and forth on it- it’s also hard for me to say no to a fun project!

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony I tend to agree. I had been going back and forth on it- it’s also hard for me to say no to a fun project!

You're welcome Mike. If you really feel that you like to do the project, then feel free to do so. But the NeoSD Pro does save the time and aggravation. Plus you can just play and have fun without trouble. :)

Anthony...