IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Remember the other day I showed a video of the Neotris title that was being developed and can be played with 4 players? Well here more regarding it and proof that it's making nice progress. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Proof of concept : 4 players simultaneously on Neo Geo AES."

Anthony...

• Like 4

Hi guys,

1. #NGWT2 Philippines Stop at @pgfsa Summer Assembly 2019 1f539.png#KOF98 results: Winner - Blackwell | ET 1st runner up - WhySoNoob 2nd runner up - NM.Papable Peter Congratulations to all the fighters! WhySoNoob qualified and see you and @ET1120 in the Global Finals!1f525.png@brookgamingfanspic.twitter.com/OpSYpvRmiI

D5JgviUX4AA302l.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. #NGWT2 Philippines Stop at @pgfsa Summer Assembly 2019 #KOFXIV qualifiers for the Global Finals Top 3 tomorrow 11am UTC+8 (GMT 3am/PST 8pm) at http://twitch.tv/neogeoworldtour Top 3 @ET1120 SugarDaddy5278 JAV GoreValues @brookgamingfans @SNKAofficial @GariathConcepts @PlayBookShop_PHpic.twitter.com/m3Tqfn7rzr

D5KoSOIUIAE1zPR.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. WhySoNoob will be raising the Philippine banner for King of Fighters '98 in the Neo Geo World Tour 2 Global Finals! #PinoyGamingFestival #PGFSA2019 #SummerGamingGetaway #NGWT2pic.twitter.com/YIflJYNv6K

D5J3NdxU8AAFFGw.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 5月6日(月)まで、『SNKオンラインショップ 改元記念セール』を開催中!『NEOGEO mini スーパーコンプリートセット』などの限定バンドル商品が期間限定でSNKオンラインショップに登場!さらにSNK関連グッズ(一部の商品)が最大30%OFF!今すぐ、アクセス! https://buff.ly/2w9oopJ pic.twitter.com/UpsaoDWqQH

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

"SNK Online Shop Revision commemorative Sale" is being held until Monday, May 6 Limited bundle products such as [NEOGEO Mini Super Complete Set] appeared in SNK online shop for a limited time! In addition, SNK related goods (some products) up to 30% OFF! Access Now! https://buff.ly/2w9oopJ

D5NWiflX4AAb0gq.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【コトブキヤ秋葉原館5階】イベント情報:5月1日まで「SNK Limited Store in KOTOBUKIYA2」好評開催中です! 展示やグッズ販売はもちろん、『NEOGEO mini』の試遊も出来ます! お見逃しなく! ※会場へは外側エレベーターをご利用ください。 https://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/event/event-173196/ #SNK #サムライスピリッツ #KOFpic.twitter.com/E1RqknJANu

Translate Tweet

[Kotobukiya Akihabara Building 5f] Event information: "SNK Limited Store in KOTOBUKIYA2" is being held until May 1! The exhibition and the goods sale, of course, you can also play the NEOGEO mini trial! Don't miss out! ※ Please use the outside elevator to the venue. https://www. kotobukiya.co.jp/event/event-173196/ #SNK #サムライスピリッツ #KOF

D5JnPRVUUAAgKGz.jpg
    D5JnRdcUwAEFrk3.jpg
    D5JnS_UU0AACaFQ.jpg
    D5JnUTSU8AA8ACy.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 3

Hi guys,

1. We are happy to announce that the @Xbox One version of SNK 40th Anniversary Collection will release on May 3rd. It will also include Baseball Stars as an exclusive game. Pre-order the collection here: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productid/9n9l7rp9r0hj pic.twitter.com/bIdtkxekA9

D5Du2BCUcAA6YrU.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. ES OFICIAL: SNK 40th Anniversary Collection llegará también a XBOX One a partir del 3 de mayo. ¡Así sí, SNK, ASÍ SÍ! <3 #SNK40th #XboxOnepic.twitter.com/JuvRGvVSyD

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Spanish by Microsoft

IT'S OFFICIAL: SNK 40th Anniversary Collection will also come to XBOX One from May 3. So yes, SNK, SO YES! < 3 #SNK40th #XboxOne

D5FqyMbU0AA0wmm.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 2

I did some Neo Geo DIY work this weekend. I may turn this into a youtube video later, but thought I'd throw the jist of it here first.

Background:

Basically, once our flood insurance is paid off (which in new orleans is quite high, understandably) the rest of our tax return goes to home improvement. Among other things, this year's focused on my downstairs entranceway room. Outside of it being our only exterior door, we rarely use the room, but because of a floor cutout we do look at it pretty much all the time from the second floor. For this year's beautification, we got a fireplace mantel because we'd never had one, and because my neo geo games were sitting all over the fireplace making it ugly, I hatched a plan to take care of that.

The before and after as shot from my upstairs kitchen, and a view of inside:

1dl1fHXm.jpg x5iuFaYm.jpg Ifj1VvPm.jpg

The Construction Details:

I bought two of these from amazon, only ~$100 for the pair, and they claim to hold 94 pounds, which is oddly specific, and not near what I need, but we'll see. I guess they call themselves "rolling shelves" and it turned out that the "wide+deep" one was just exactly the right size in two critical dimensions, but in the height dimension, it is very short. (hence why I bought two) It's worth noting that the shelves don't have to be the 'deep' ones to hold Neo Geo games, but it fit my space better, and added stability since I was going to be stacking.

nKgw5O0m.jpg

I went around and around about how I was going to join these. Pocket screws, dowels, etc, but as soon as I put the first together it became clear. First, the supports for the rollers had to be sawed flush on the top unit, as removing them damages particle board (found that out the fun way). Then 3/8" sections of 3/8" dowel rod are inserted into the six screw holes which happen to line up on both the top and bottom of each unit (lucky). This is for a little extra lateral stability. Then I roughed up the finish on the bottom unit with sandpaper, and Liquid nails stuck the rest together. For a little bit of extra strength, on the bottom unit I also glued a piece of real wood vertical over what is essentially a tape joint between two pieces of structurally significant cardboard. Done.

McMr8dEm.jpg PnIY7lym.jpg mrQYb8em.jpg

I'm debating putting one of those big handicap bathroom grab bars on the front instead of its dinky handles. It's a heavy piece. At the end of the day, I had to rehome a stack of doubles, and my PGM games, but everything else pretty much fit with some tetris logic. I've also got a display cabinet across the room with my fatal fury matched shockbox set which is why none of those are pictured.

I don't know how long this will hold up. If the shelves fail due to strength issues, we will have something stronger made custom. My guess is that the rollers are currently the weak spot, and if needed, I can easily replace those with non-swiveling wheels that can carry much more.

gIA5oVMm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

I did some Neo Geo DIY work this weekend. I may turn this into a youtube video later, but thought I'd throw the jist of it here first.

Background:

Basically, once our flood insurance is paid off (which in new orleans is quite high, understandably) the rest of our tax return goes to home improvement. Among other things, this year's focused on my downstairs entranceway room. Outside of it being our only exterior door, we rarely use the room, but because of a floor cutout we do look at it pretty much all the time from the second floor. For this year's beautification, we got a fireplace mantel because we'd never had one, and because my neo geo games were sitting all over the fireplace making it ugly, I hatched a plan to take care of that.

The before and after as shot from my upstairs kitchen, and a view of inside:

The Construction Details:

I bought two of these from amazon, only ~$100 for the pair, and they claim to hold 94 pounds, which is oddly specific, and not near what I need, but we'll see. I guess they call themselves "rolling shelves" and it turned out that the "wide+deep" one was just exactly the right size in two critical dimensions, but in the height dimension, it is very short. (hence why I bought two) It's worth noting that the shelves don't have to be the 'deep' ones to hold Neo Geo games, but it fit my space better, and added stability since I was going to be stacking.

I went around and around about how I was going to join these. Pocket screws, dowels, etc, but as soon as I put the first together it became clear. First, the supports for the rollers had to be sawed flush on the top unit, as removing them damages particle board (found that out the fun way). Then 3/8" sections of 3/8" dowel rod are inserted into the six screw holes which happen to line up on both the top and bottom of each unit (lucky). This is for a little extra lateral stability. Then I roughed up the finish on the bottom unit with sandpaper, and Liquid nails stuck the rest together. For a little bit of extra strength, on the bottom unit I also glued a piece of real wood vertical over what is essentially a tape joint between two pieces of structurally significant cardboard. Done.

I'm debating putting one of those big handicap bathroom grab bars on the front instead of its dinky handles. It's a heavy piece. At the end of the day, I had to rehome a stack of doubles, and my PGM games, but everything else pretty much fit with some tetris logic. I've also got a display cabinet across the room with my fatal fury matched shockbox set which is why none of those are pictured.

I don't know how long this will hold up. If the shelves fail due to strength issues, we will have something stronger made custom. My guess is that the rollers are currently the weak spot, and if needed, I can easily replace those with non-swiveling wheels that can carry much more.

Very nice pics Reaper. Thank you for sharing this. Would be awesome to see the final end results and seeing your pro gaming skills in action. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member NeoTurboManiac. Here we see part 5 of his great series on Neo-Geo manuals. I always loved to see this from his channel, really goes into fine detail regarding the,. Enjoy. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Quick 1 credit clear of World Heroes 2 Jet with Muscle Power for your entertainment

I always liked Muscle Power from the World Heroes series ohfivepro. He may have been slow, but he was just powerful with his damages, A real powerhouse for sure. Thank you for sharing this with us bro. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. #OnThisDay... 1f3ae.png Fighter's History Dynamite 1f579.png#NeoGeo 1f4c5.png April 28th 1994 2753.png Available on #Antstream, this 2D fighting game is set after Fighter's History. After being defeated the mysterious K invites fighters from all over the world once again. #GamingMemories #RetroGamingpic.twitter.com/sYlZ8JRYtJ

D5O3PclWAAE1euu.png
    D5O3PkQXkAAONV4.png
    D5O3Pr-XsAAtPdD.png
    D5O3P1TX4AALkYB.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 秋葉原ベルサールにてE-GST開催中2728.png サムライスピリッツの試遊大好評1f618.png1f44d.png 先着でステッカーも差し上げてますよ1f493.png#SNK #NEOGEO #SAMURAISPIRITS #SamuraiShodownpic.twitter.com/TEbx82Rpy7

Translate Tweet

E-GST in Akihabara Belsar Samurai Spirits Trial play very popular I 'll give you a sticker on the first come. #SNK #NEOGEO #SAMURAISPIRITS #SamuraiShodown

D5Sr9FTUEAA4Bqs.jpg
    D5Sr9OmUcAE5MT5.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. サービス開始日決定! SNK オールスター、5月9日にサービス開始!カウントダウンイベントも間もなく開催されます! 明日から、毎日イベントTwitterが発表され、指定の時間内にリツイートするだけで1500円分のショップカードが抽選で当たります! #カウントダウンイベント予告pic.twitter.com/qvwgk8ZGGI

Translate Tweet

Service Start date determined! SNK All-Star, service started on May 9th! The countdown event will be held soon! From tomorrow, Twitter will be announced every day, the shop card of 1,500 yen is hit by a raffle just to retweet within the specified time! #カウントダウンイベント予告

D5OQp_CU0AAuxr-.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【Gamer格ゲー部 春の陣】「SAMURAI SPIRITS」で“真剣”勝負!編集部メンバーが日本酒をかけて「大斬り縛り」でガチ対決! https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201904270001/ pic.twitter.com/JQgFKcpQHg

Translate Tweet

[Gamer-rated Game Club Spring team] "SAMURAI SPIRITS" in "serious" match! Editorial member over the sake [big cut bind] Gachi confrontation in! https://www. gamer.ne.jp/news/201904270001/

D5IMCmfUwAIMn3G.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. #KOFXIV でおなじみ、アリスちゃんが餓狼3ビールと龍虎ビールを持ってポーズ1f493.png かわいすぎる1f62d.png1f495.png2728.png#SNK #NEOGEO #餓狼伝説 #龍虎の拳pic.twitter.com/n0Woh2iNXo

Translate Tweet

#KOFXIV Familiar with, Alice-Chan poses a bout three beers and a Longtiger beer Too cute #SNK #NEOGEO #餓狼伝説 #龍虎の拳

D5S5abcUEAAlNMS.jpg
    D5S5ak2UEAUr4Up.jpg

Anthony....