IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

13 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Did you get your Neo Geos from Japanese junk piles? I sometimes pass over the junk sections since it's mostly broken Game Gears or unsellable sports titles, but I think I should start paying more attention to them, and there are 2 stores in Akiba that I usually do not go to.

Those are Surugaya and BEEP. I only learned about Surugaya recently, and BEEP is actually closed on one of my company's off days (Wednesday), so I can't exactly go there whenever I want to. BEEP is also mostly for computers and arcade boards, but I found some cool stuff the one time I have been there, including a Japanese Intellivision, a PC Engine LT, and a Linguaphone Education Gear that is not for sale. I don't remember the Neo Geo section for either of them.

I might be going back to Akiba maybe on Wednesday again to maybe buy a Wondermega RG-M2 I found if it's still there, so I'll stop by Surugaya and the rest of the good stores to see what they have for Neo Geo this time if I do.

That's right Steve. I purchase my Neo-Geo's that were in junk piles. But I had to act fast because the prices for them were cheap and if I didn't buy them, others would have done so and have them fixed or used as parts. A Japanese Intellivision? That's cool. I never seen one of them before. 

Thanks again Steve. when you go back, feel free to post your SNK or Neo-Geo finds on here for sure. We would love to see it and listen in on how your visit was there as well.  

Anthony..

22 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

WOW! More great content from you Payl. I didn't know Vice being based of of Kara from Double Impact. That's cool. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

I can't guarantee that she is but they certainly look similar and SNK was very fond of borrowing film characters for their own designs, so who knows

• Like 1

19 hours ago, enoofu said:

Anyone know anyone selling Saturn or more modern to neo geo adapters that work with joysticks

Maybe the RetroPad32 might work. It says it works with joysticks and it does work with Neo Geo controllers and systems. You will need the special add-on thingy he makes to get it to work with the Neo Geo system, though. I'm also not sure if he is referring to controllers in general as "joysticks" but I think it might be worth checking out.

http://www.brunofreitas.com/node/84

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

The #EVO2020

EVO_2020.png
signups are open! Remember to not only register ahead of time for a cheaper ticket, but to also make sure you have a place to stay! Your blade is only as smart as your mind, so get enough rest or you'll be forced to #EmbraceDeath https://smash.gg/tournament/evo-2020/events/samurai-shodown/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【ガチャ】 「リョウチーム」ピックアップガチャが2月23日から開催予定

SSR [覚悟の眼差し] リョウ・サカザキ SSR [大人の余裕] ロバート・ガルシア SSR [僕の罰ゲーム] 包 がピックアップ!

※SR、Rもピックアップ対象となっております。 #KOFG #KOF乙女
Translated from Japanese by
[Gacha] "Ryo team" pickup gacha will be held from February 23

SSR [Gaze of preparedness] Ryo Sakazaki SSR [Adult room] Robert Garcia SSR [My punishment game] The package is picked up!

Sparkles
※ SR and R are also picked up. #KOFG#KOF乙女

5:23 AM · Feb 21, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【イベントのお知らせ】 「SNK美少女祭りinゲーマーズ」は2月22日から開催!!売り場どんどん出来上がってます! http://buff.ly/2Stwqpf #SNK #ゲーマーズ #美少女
[Event Notice] "SNK Bishoujo Festival in Gamers" will be held from February 22! ! The sales floor is being completed more and more! http://buff.ly/2Stwqpf #SNK#ゲーマーズ#美少女

10:17 AM · Feb 21, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【イベントのお知らせ】 本日から AKIHABARAゲーマーズ本店 7Fにて「SNK美少女祭りinゲーマーズ」スタート! SNK関連商品を税込10,000円以上お買い上げのお客様にはイベント限定トートバッグをプレゼントいたします!ぜひ、お越しくださいませ♪ https://buff.ly/2Stwqpf #SNK #ゲーマーズ #美少女
[Event Notice] "SNK Bishoujo Festival in Gamers" starts today at AKIHABARA Gamers Main Store 7F! Customers who purchase SNK-related products for 10,000 yen or more including tax will receive an event-limited tote bag! Please come by all means ♪ https://buff.ly/2Stwqpf #SNK#ゲーマーズ#美少女

10:05 PM · Feb 21, 2020

Anthony..

15 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hey enoofu. Maybe this will help you?

https://www.breadbox64.com/blog/usb-joystick-adapters/

USB adapters for Commodore joystivks to modern PC's. more on breadbox64.com

Anthony..

Was looking for the opposite; One to connect to Neo Geo that uses Saturn or more modern controllers that works with Fightsticks from those systems; especially since a lot of the good condition controllers that aren't $$$ need to be shipped from Japan

• Like 1

Weekend plans.

Finally got this second print copy of Kraut Buster last month and, much like Saint David Gahan, I just cannot get enough. Absolutely sky high production values and fresh mechanics that make this feel like a real labor of love and not a mere Metal Slug clone.

Looking forward to throwing together a proper review soon. I’m just happy to say that was worth the torturous wait.

65E2959A-90E1-45F8-A77B-926E5422D280.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enoofu said:

Was looking for the opposite; One to connect to Neo Geo that uses Saturn or more modern controllers that works with Fightsticks from those systems; especially since a lot of the good condition controllers that aren't $$$ need to be shipped from Japan

How about this ennofu.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Saturn2NeoGeo-Saturn-pad-to-neo-geo-and-supergun-adapter-autofire-and-mapping/293361310202?hash=item444db259fa:g:XYwAAOSww-dd55JX

s-l1600.jpg

Anthony..

6 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Weekend plans.

Finally got this second print copy of Kraut Buster last month and, much like Saint David Gahan, I just cannot get enough. Absolutely sky high production values and fresh mechanics that make this feel like a real labor of love and not a mere Metal Slug clone.

Looking forward to throwing together a proper review soon. I’m just happy to say that was worth the torturous wait.

Hey DeadPixels. Welcome to the Neo-Geo thread. Glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup: :)

WOW! That's great that you have Kraut Buster for the MVS. Nice to know that you're having fun with it. I've been patiently waiting for close to 5 years for NGDEVTEAM to release just the 1st print of the AES version alone. They say it will be finally available this year, but man, I would've finished  H.S. and my first year in college all over again for this game. :(

A review? That's really interesting to know bro. Will be looking forward on seeing it for you once it becomes available. We love to see others content to be on here. Thank you for sharing the pics with us kind sir. :thumbsup:

Anthony.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

Hey DeadPixels. Welcome to the Neo-Geo thread. Glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup: :)

WOW! That's great that you have Kraut Buster for the MVS. Nice to know that you're having fun with it. I've been patiently waiting for close to 5 years for NGDEVTEAM to release just the 1st print of the AES version alone. They say it will be finally available this year, but man, I would've finished  H.S. and my first year in college all over again for this game. :(

A review? That's really interesting to know bro. Will be looking forward on seeing it for you once it becomes available. We love to see others content to be on here. Thank you for sharing the pics with us kind sir. :thumbsup:

Anthony.. 

Hey there Anthony, it’s been awhile!

You’ve actually contacted me before over the years at my publication, Hey Poor Player, when either myself or my friend and reviews editor, Mike Vito, cover Neo-Geo content. It’s good to see you around here!

I’ll absolutely let you know when our full video review of Kraut Buster goes live, and I look forward to seeing your AES copy when you receive it. I know the wait has been torturous!

Edited by DeadPixels
  • Like 1

It's a general question for anyone who feels like answering, but let's say I was to buy a Neo Geo AES (because there are no MVS units anywhere around here). Assuming I have a limited budget for the AES and games of around 60,000~80,000 yen, what games should I consider? Obviously the AES will run around 43,000 yen, so that leaves the rest for games. Probably only 1 game, sadly, given game prices, but there are some cheaper games out there that are below 10,000 yen as well.

Here's the thing: I almost never play fighting games, but I know there are lots of not-fighting games on Neo Geo and I am still okay with picking up a few good fighters because I enjoy them sometimes. One of my friends also lives about 10 minutes away and LOVES fighting games and he actually wants a Neo Geo as well some day. I did of course watch Game Sack and their overview of the Neo Geo and its games is really awesome, but more information is always great. Thanks.

I forgot to mention that literally any genre is okay, as I will play anything!

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Hey there Anthony, it’s been awhile!

You’ve actually contacted me before over the years at my publication, Hey Poor Player, when either myself or my friend and reviews editor, Mike Vito, cover Neo-Geo content. It’s good to see you around here!

I’ll absolutely let you know when our full video review of Kraut Buster goes live, and I look forward to seeing your AES copy when you receive it. I know the wait has been torturous!

Oh wow! You're right. It's been awhile. Glad to see you again DeadPixels. How's Mike Vito been doing? Yeah, it will be cool to see some videos of your Kraut Buster. You're right. 5 years and nothing  with the AES. But that's okay, there's plenty of fun Neo-Geo titles in the meanwhile to play that's for sure. 8^)

Anthony..

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

It's a general question for anyone who feels like answering, but let's say I was to buy a Neo Geo AES (because there are no MVS units anywhere around here). Assuming I have a limited budget for the AES and games of around 60,000~80,000 yen, what games should I consider? Obviously the AES will run around 43,000 yen, so that leaves the rest for games. Probably only 1 game, sadly, given game prices, but there are some cheaper games out there that are below 10,000 yen as well.

Here's the thing: I almost never play fighting games, but I know there are lots of not-fighting games on Neo Geo and I am still okay with picking up a few good fighters because I enjoy them sometimes. One of my friends also lives about 10 minutes away and LOVES fighting games and he actually wants a Neo Geo as well some day. I did of course watch Game Sack and their overview of the Neo Geo and its games is really awesome, but more information is always great. Thanks.

I forgot to mention that literally any genre is okay, as I will play anything!

Hi Steve,

If you're looking for prices for AES titles that are still cheap and 100% complete for the cost.... Art of Fighting 2, Samurai Shodown 2, World Heroes 2, World Heroes 2 Jet, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, King of Fighters '94 are usually the top titles for those that are on a budget.

In fact, those happen to be my games on how I started my AES collection as well. That was 18 years ago and prices for them have been marketed just about the same since. The good news is that all of them are fun to play and do recommend for all newcomers to begin there Neo-Geo AES endeavors with. Now they are in the fighting genre, but considering the other genres such as sports, platformers, shooters, etc . They are considerably higher and will be past the budget.  

But if you do like to purchase an AES Steve, I would recommend it for sure. I never regretted it since I always wanted to own a Neo-Geo since I was 7 years old. :) 

Anthony..

2 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi Steve,

If you're looking for prices for AES titles that are still cheap and 100% complete for the cost.... Art of Fighting 2, Samurai Shodown 2, World Heroes 2, World Heroes 2 Jet, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, King of Fighters '94 are usually the top titles for those that are on a budget.

In fact, those happen to be my games on how I started my AES collection as well. That was 18 years ago and prices for them have been marketed just about the same since. The good news is that all of them are fun to play and do recommend for all newcomers to begin there Neo-Geo AES endeavors with. Now they are in the fighting genre, but considering the other genres such as sports, platformers, shooters, etc . They are considerably higher and will be past the budget.  

But if you do like to purchase an AES Steve, I would recommend it for sure. I never regretted it since I always wanted to own a Neo-Geo since I was 7 years old. :) 

Anthony..

Awesome, thanks.

Basically my plan is to pick up an AES and some of the cheaper good AES games over time but also pick up one of those MVS -> AES converters so I can get some real carts but also not go bankrupt! MVS Neo Turf Masters is really cheap, comparatively. Hell, Japanese Sonic & Knuckles is more expensive! I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on Neo Geo right now unfortunately, as I am sending in my Sega Nomad to get some awesome new upgrades and that will cost a little more than the Neo Geo itself. I'm not sure if I'll pick one up yet and honestly I will probably pass if they still have that awesome Wondermega, but we'll see. It will be a good idea to go walk around and check out all of the stores next time since I didn't do that last time, so I'll let you guys all know if I see anything that's interesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Awesome, thanks.

Basically my plan is to pick up an AES and some of the cheaper good AES games over time but also pick up one of those MVS -> AES converters so I can get some real carts but also not go bankrupt! MVS Neo Turf Masters is really cheap, comparatively. Hell, Japanese Sonic & Knuckles is more expensive! I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on Neo Geo right now unfortunately, as I am sending in my Sega Nomad to get some awesome new upgrades and that will cost a little more than the Neo Geo itself. I'm not sure if I'll pick one up yet and honestly I will probably pass if they still have that awesome Wondermega, but we'll see. It will be a good idea to go walk around and check out all of the stores next time since I didn't do that last time, so I'll let you guys all know if I see anything that's interesting.

Gotcha Steve. Best wishes on buying them. ;-) Now if you need further assistance with anything Neo-Geo, feel free to let us know. Always a pleasure to give a helping hand to those that are interested on making purchases, but like to consult with us to help build confidence on going the distance on doing so. :)

Anthony..