IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

It's 12:00 midnight here EST in New York. You know what fellas??

:party: Today marks the 6th year anniversary of "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com! :party:

Its been another amazing year in which we were able to bring members together and having discussions regarding anything related to the Neo-Geo and SNK. I would like to take the opportunity as usual to thank Albert, the moderators, the members, and guest that come by, reply, and look at the postings that are available to view for the general public pertaining to the Neo-Geo and its platforms. As mentioned numerous times before, the Neo-Geo thread had concerns and uncertainties involving how will it work and benefit others. After careful planning and good concepts. We were able to make this thread work and help benefit long time and new Neo-Geo players. :)

For those that are unaware about the thread beforehand, Atariage had little discussions that involved the Neo-Geo. But being a Neo-Geo player, owner, and enthusiast.....I felt it was time to introduce something new and fresh for the community here on the site. So far, we have 18,200+ replies, and at 812,000+ views and counting! A nice accomplishment so far that we continue on to progress even futher.

The Official NEO-GEO Thread motivated our members to establish other amazing threads such as,

The Official TurboGrafx-16 Thread.

The Official Game Boy Thread.

The 3DO Thread.

The SNES/Super Famicom Discussion Thread.

The Sega Dreamcast Thread.

Nuon Game System & Discussion Thread.

The "Make A Label/Box Into Something Funny/Cool" Thread.

Battle of the Ports Thread.

Hi-Score Today Thread.

Analogue NT Mini Core Video Recommended Thread.

The Video Game Cartoon Thread.

The Official lag thread.

The Official Vectrex Thread.

The Official Custom Controller Thread.

The Official Videogame Tombstone Thread.

The Official Nintendo 64 Thread.

The Official Sega CD/Mega CD Thread.

The Official Action Max Thread.

The Official Nintendo GameCube Thread.

The Official Channel F Thread.

The New Cables For Classic Consoles Thread

The Pre-Famicom Nintendo Thread

BEAT-EM-Up.The Thread

If you have a moment, please support them in which they offer to benefit others in the community. So much insightful information that is posted on these threads that will be to your liking! :)

As usual, "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" is open to all. If you have any inquiries or you're a gamer, reviewer, programmer, troubleshooter, developer, publisher, or anything else that you would like to contribute relating to the Neo-Geo or SNK/P, please feel free to PM me, or post here. You're welcome to do so.

Thank you all for the personal support and thank you for supporting "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com. :)

Anthony...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday NEO GEO thread!

Just a quick contribution;

An old video I did that I may not have linked here:

FANTASY (1981 SNK/Rock-Ola)

Weird old game by SNK nearly a decade before the NEO GEO, this was licensed to the jukebox giant ROCK-OLA.

Here's to another great 6 years of NEO GEO or SNK memories!

I remember seeing this at Malibu Gran Prix, Wunderland and an ice cream restaurant called FARRELL'S.  Multi-level game with some annoying voice samples (Help  Meeee!!!  Heeeeelp!!!-- you'd think it was Ashley from Resident Evil 4!) but playable nonetheless.  Created in 1981 in Japan and released in the US in 1982.

Congrats again on a great 6 years, Anthony!

• Like 4

My buddy fdurso224.

Congratulations on another year with this excellent topic.

To celebrate this occasion, here's a few gameplay video of me playing SNK fighting games from my YouTube channel.

Keep up the good work brother, and if we ever meet in real life.

Then the first round is on me :D

Greetzz, Neo Gunloc

• Like 5

Happy 6th anniversary to the thread and a big thanks to Anthony for bringing it

to my attention and for all the work he does in sharing the Neo Geo love.

To celebrate, here's a 1cc of KoF'02, one of the Neo Geo's most loved games

that I'd never actually played until last year when my local arcade got it in. 

I'm new here and the game's new to me so it seemed like a good fit. Here's 

to many more years of Neo Geo love

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

:party: Today marks the 6th year anniversary of "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com! :party:

Here's to another year of the NEO-GEO thread.

Where else would I find out about new neo releases?

This year, I'm really looking forward to Xeno Crisis, and maybe someday a Neo SD Pro MVS.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, retrorussell said:

Happy Birthday NEO GEO thread!

Just a quick contribution;

An old video I did that I may not have linked here:

FANTASY (1981 SNK/Rock-Ola)

Weird old game by SNK nearly a decade before the NEO GEO, this was licensed to the jukebox giant ROCK-OLA.

Here's to another great 6 years of NEO GEO or SNK memories!

I remember seeing this at Malibu Gran Prix, Wunderland and an ice cream restaurant called FARRELL'S.  Multi-level game with some annoying voice samples (Help  Meeee!!!  Heeeeelp!!!-- you'd think it was Ashley from Resident Evil 4!) but playable nonetheless.  Created in 1981 in Japan and released in the US in 1982.

Congrats again on a great 6 years, Anthony!

I was playing this on something a few months ago it might have been the Sega Sg1000 not sore it was intresting but didnt have all the levels cool vid.

• Like 2

Thank you all for all the support of my channel, great discussions, troubleshooting help, and general friendship! Check below for the video I made just to check out some of my favorite games of all time! You all have been great! Anthony, I will never be able to repay you! Thank you for this awesome thread to allow us to relieve the good ol' days and revel in the future! Cheers and here's to 10 years of this awesome forum! HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aaronclassicgamer said:

Thank you all for all the support of my channel, great discussions, troubleshooting help, and general friendship! Check below for the video I made just to check out some of my favorite games of all time! You all have been great! Anthony, I will never be able to repay you! Thank you for this awesome thread to allow us to relieve the good ol' days and revel in the future! Cheers and here's to 10 years of this awesome forum! HAPPY 6TH ANNIVERSARY!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

• Like 2

Wow what amazing people and Anthony you are a real legend in the NeoGeo community unfortunately am sorry to say I've let the side down and my video is nowhere near complete.

With whats been going on recently and us in the UK now on a full lockdown its been hard still trying to juggle work of which I still have to do and look after a family and still try to find the time to create a video.

I will get it finished, there is not many forums that last this long or have so many great people commenting you should all give yourselves a clap ?? and Anthony deserves a medal for what he does.

Happy Birthday and all STAY SAFE and have a good one ?

• Like 3

Hi guys,

Contributor Bloggo's Pow also made a video to celebrate the occasion as well. Enjoy. ;-)

From the description,

"Bloggo plays some more Neo Geo games! Thanks to Anthony Durso for suggesting this in honour of the 6th anniversary of the Official Neo Geo thread on the Atari Age forums!"

Anthony..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, retrorussell said:

3 hours ago, Darrin9999 said:

5 hours ago, BettyHordeClinic said:

6 hours ago, Vladislaugh said:

7 hours ago, aduffy1976 said:

8 hours ago, aaronclassicgamer said:

10 hours ago, Harolds Stuff said:

14 hours ago, tuna sashemie said:

15 hours ago, Reaperman said:

16 hours ago, ohfivepro said:

18 hours ago, Mike7599 said:

18 hours ago, NeoGunloc said:

19 hours ago, dolemite14 said:

20 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Hey Russ, Allan, Johnny, Big Bill, Paul, Glynn, Rob, Harold, Reaper, Vlad, Dave, Mike, Aaron, Darrin..

Thank you guys for stopping by and celebrating the 6th anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com. The thread couldn't have made it this far thanks to great fellas like all of you in the community that volunteer your works and dedication to help make the thread what it is.  Keep up the excellent work you do to make society a better place for all and help make the world a little more enjoyable with all your material you offer for which we benefit from. ;-)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Back with silverwings21. Silver made a cool video to celebrate the 6th year anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread. Thank you kind sir. Let's listen in on what he has to say. Enjoy. ;-)

From the description,

"With the 6th Anniversary of the Neo Geo Thread at Atariage, Charlie Cat wanted me to do a Neo Geo video and here it is. "

Anthony..

1 hour ago, ohfivepro said:

No idea why the text was written this way but it was. It has no meaning when read backwards.

I could understand if it was a mirrored sprite but it's not, the hiragana is just written out in reverse order

Well, I've been reliably informed by a Japanese national, the Japan Times newspaper and Google that this is in fact correct. From Metal Slug to Japanese ship naming conventions in the space of 10 minutes. Not something I ever thought I'd be learning about and yet here we are

"boat names are written from bow to stern. So on the port side of a boat, the name will be written left to right. If you go around to the starboard side, you’ll see that the name is written right to left"

• Like 1