IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

5月27日より、Twitch PrimeにてSNKの人気ゲーム7作品を期間限定で提供! NEOGEO誕生30周年記念! Twitch PrimeにてNEOGEOの名作・傑作ゲームを無料配信! #SNK #NEOGEO #TwitchPrime https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2020/052502/

Translated from Japanese by
From May 27th, Twitch Prime will be offering 7 popular SNK games for a limited time! NEOGEO's 30th anniversary! NEOGEO masterpieces and masterpiece games are now available for free on Twitch Prime! #SNK#NEOGEO#TwitchPrime https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2020/052502/

10:09 PM · May 24, 2020·

Antony..

Hi guys,

SAMURAI SPIRITSのミニキャンバスボードは、もう手に入れていただけましたか? ミニイーゼル付きの手のひらサイズなので、デスクに飾るのにもピッタリ

たくさん飾れば、おしゃれなアートギャラリーの出来上がり♪ SAMURAI SPIRITSの美麗イラストをぜひお手元に! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015699049.html?condition=ITEM:SNK

#サムスピ
Have you got the SAMURAI SPIRITS mini canvas board? As it is a palm size with a mini easel, it is perfect for decorating on the desk

If you decorate a lot, you will have a fashionable art gallery. ♪ Make sure you have beautiful illustrations from SAMURAI SPIRITS! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015699049.html?condition=ITEM:SNK

#サムスピ

2:40 AM · May 25, 2020

Anthony..

Hi guys,

『THE KING OF FANTASY 八神庵の異世界無双 月を見るたび思い出せ!』新刊発売記念スペシャルPV公開! 【6/4】コミカライズ1巻発売! 【6/5】原作小説第2巻発売!! https://fujimi-trpg-online.jp/special/kof/

"THE KING OF FANTASY" ] Special PV release commemoration of new publication! [6/4] One volume of comicalization released! [6/5] Volume 2 of the original novel released !! https://fujimi-trpg-online.jp/special/kof/

Anthony..

Hey don't knock Magician Lord.  It's a quarter sucking b***h succubus of a game, but it's also very very fun.  It was one of the earliest games I sought out because it wasn't on the 161 that came with my cabinet 4 years ago now.  I loved that game along with 8 Man, NAM, League Bowling, Cyber Lip, Sengoku and Ninja Combat which it it had none of those but Sengoku.

I had a unibios 4 flashed for me, arrived today, really wiped out being out in the horrible heat/humidity less than a half hour ago or I'd go in there and install it.  It's on the desk next to me and I'm fascinated to try out Pick N Mix.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

SNK looking into more Neo Geo Pocket Color games for Switch https://nintendoeverything.com/snk-looking-into-more-neo-geo-pocket-color-games-for-switch/

SNK looking into more Neo Geo Pocket Color games for Switch

Posted on May 26, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch

SNK Gals' Fighters

Switch currently has two Neo Geo Pocket Color games in its library with Samurai Shodown! 2 and SNK Gals’ Fighters. Could more titles from the system be made available on the console? There’s certainly a strong chance of that happening.

In an interview with Siliconera, SNK director of business development Adam Laatz said the company is “committed” to bringing more Neo Geo Pocket Color games to Switch “if the demand is there”. He told the site:

“We can definitely say that as long as there is interest from SNK fans and retro-gamers, SNK is confident and committed to bringing more NGPC content (ports to Nintendo Switch) if the demand is there! Pleased stay tuned for upcoming announcements.”

Laatz later brought up how he’s “personally a big fan of Metal Slug, as well as a number of 2nd/3rd party releases that we would love to bring to gamers in the near future.” SNK is “currently exploring those possibilities internally and with Code Mystics at the moment, and want to thank our fans for their support of SNK and your interest in NGPC in general.”

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

SNK Gals' Fighters came to Switch thanks to "support from a friend at Nintendo," devs talk chances of other NEOGEO Pocket Color ports | GoNintendo

SNK GALS' FIGHTERS CAME TO SWITCH THANKS TO "SUPPORT FROM A FRIEND AT NINTENDO," DEVS TALK CHANCES OF OTHER NEOGEO POCKET COLOR PORTS

More to come?
26 May, 2020 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 1

medium_snk-gals-fighters-switch-screenshot03.jpg

SNK Gals' Fighters, a NEOGEO Pocket Color game, made its way to Switch recently. That makes it the second NEOGEO Pocket Color game to come to Switch. In an interview with Siliconera, Adam Laatz, Director of Business Development at SNK Corporation, shares an interesting tidbit on how this port came about.

Along with the developers of these ports over at Code Mystics based in Vancouver, we had discussed bringing NEOGEO Pocket Color (NGPC) content to modern platforms numerous times in the past. Unfortunately that never came to fruition for various reasons…

However, is it largely thanks to the combination of Nintendo’s “hybrid” console & portable system being a perfect fit for these retro releases, and the strong recommendation and support from a friend at Nintendo who is based here in Tokyo that we were able to make this happen.

Now that there are two NEOGEO Pocket Color games on Switch, can we expect more down the line? Laatz makes it seem like there's a very good chance.

We can definitely say that as long as there is interest from SNK fans and retro-gamers, SNK is confident and committed to bringing more NGPC content (ports to Nintendo Switch) if the demand is there! Pleased stay tuned for upcoming announcements.

Instead of just one game, how about an entire collection for Switch? Again, Laatz seems like that could happen as well.

While we are monitoring the results of our recent release of SNK Gals’ Fighters on Nintendo eShop and gauging interest from our fans/customers, this is definitely in the cards if we continue to see such a positive response.

While there are a number of paths we can take in order to realize some sort of compilation, thanks to our friends over at partners such as Pix’n Love Editions and Limited Run Games, physical release(s) are definitely a possibility IMHO.

Anthony..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Hey don't knock Magician Lord.  It's a quarter sucking b***h succubus of a game, but it's also very very fun.  It was one of the earliest games I sought out because it wasn't on the 161 that came with my cabinet 4 years ago now.  I loved that game along with 8 Man, NAM, League Bowling, Cyber Lip, Sengoku and Ninja Combat which it it had none of those but Sengoku.

I had a unibios 4 flashed for me, arrived today, really wiped out being out in the horrible heat/humidity less than a half hour ago or I'd go in there and install it.  It's on the desk next to me and I'm fascinated to try out Pick N Mix.

Yeah, I'm starting to like this game a lot. It's difficult, but I don't think I'd ever call it unfair. Having the memory card kind of feels like cheating, though. I found NAM-1975 the other day, as well, and I really want that game. It's a bit expensive, though. Maybe MVS version is cheaper.

• Like 1

It's actually fairly easy until the later stages -- IN the stages.  The bosses are the quarter sucking nightmares from the very first, just unfair and nasty.  Not impossible, but you'll spend a few hundred bucks at least to get it down, which being an arcade game is the right idea.

Ok it had me confused but I got the Pik n Mix going, and wow it's fantastic.  I've got it defaulted out, so far just randomly tearing through like a 100+ slot mvs cab in demo mode.

NAM that one, it's one you want to hate because it begs for an actual gun like a fair counterpart which would be like Operation Wolf and friends, but once you get it down it handles amazing and the dodges really make the difference.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

7h

Time to relive some amazing classics with #TwitchPrime!

Claim and download 7 free SNK games TODAY with this link https://amzn.to/2ZCecWj

Which game will you play first? The right answer is Samurai Shodown II

Anthony..

Hi guys,

What is more is it will be entirely free on the Epic Games Store from June 11th at 11am to June 18th, 11am (EDT) ! #StayHome

#SNK #EpicGames #SamSho https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/ssngc/

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

The weapon-based fighter SAMURAI SHODOWN comes to the Epic Games Store on June 11th! A special pre-order bonus also starts today! #SNK #SamSho #EpicGames https://epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/samurai-shodown-reboot/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Mor on the Samurai Shodown Neo-Geo Collection coming soon.

From the description,

"The SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION contains six games and one mysterious, unreleased title… And it is coming out for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC! https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/s... ©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED."

Anthony...

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's actually fairly easy until the later stages -- IN the stages.  The bosses are the quarter sucking nightmares from the very first, just unfair and nasty.  Not impossible, but you'll spend a few hundred bucks at least to get it down, which being an arcade game is the right idea.

Ok it had me confused but I got the Pik n Mix going, and wow it's fantastic.  I've got it defaulted out, so far just randomly tearing through like a 100+ slot mvs cab in demo mode.

NAM that one, it's one you want to hate because it begs for an actual gun like a fair counterpart which would be like Operation Wolf and friends, but once you get it down it handles amazing and the dodges really make the difference.

Yeah, it's not so bad at first, but the bosses are difficult. Good thing I have the AES version and the memory card, so the only thing stopping me from finishing the game on my very first time playing it was myself.

I've actually got it in my Neo Geo right now. I'd play it, but I'm going back to Akiba to ask about a strange copy of Thunder Force V that I bought the other day with what looks to be part of the label removed with a laser or something really weird like that. I'll check the price of NAM while I'm there, but I think it's a little more expensive than I can afford right now since I'm trying to focus on both saving money and getting into Sega Saturn at the same time, which is something you really can't do, now that I think about it.

I've heard NAM is really good, too, so I look forward to getting it eventually. Maybe I should just get the NeoSD Pro already instead and have everything, including all of the Neo Geo CD games, all on 1 cart for my AES.

• Like 1

I checked AES game prices again today briefly, but I only went to one store and then went home. NAM-1975 was I believe 23800 yen, tax not included. It's actually in a glass case, but I was honestly far more interested in the "cheap" 1941 Counter Attack for the SuperGrafx that was sitting just above it.

Found CIB Garou Densetsu 2 for about 3000 yen, CIB Shin Samurai Spirits for about the same price, and a few various loose carts for about the same as well. I think it was Art of Fighting, Garou Densetsu, and something else that I forgot. I did find a super dirty boxed or CIB (not sure) copy of Shin Samurai Spirits a few days ago for I think 1700 yen or something, and I might actually get that copy just to save some cash. The box art is really dirty, though.

Still, I'm open to any recommendations, as always. Neo Geo has a relatively small library so there isn't much to choose from and I'll play literally any genre, so I'll take anything into consideration seriously.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Well I have the NeoSaveMasta and my MVS can handle just quarter feeding too just fine so Magician Lord isn't stoppable since it's on free play, but it can get draining with the bosses where it's like you watch 'Continue' and I'm like...nope.

I envy a bit the fact you're in Japan.  Had I made one choice out of college in 2000 into 2001 and said screw it to where I was sitting when I got a phone call that I thought was beyond expiration(it was) I'd be there now where you are for sure, definitely with a Japanese wife/kid situation I'm sure.  Always wanted to visit, ended up marrying someone who wants nothing to do with that neck of the world. ?  In college the new professor was a just retired NHK reporter, I was the highest ranked grade in the class, she signed me up to do the JET program but some damned paper snafu basically made me think I was denied.  The day I started my job at Midway in the gaming industry I get a phone call, they apologize, ask if I'm still interested while I'm sitting there with a controller, taking notes, and learning the ropes...and I stayed. :(  EA Wife etc was no exaggeration.  I still have all my learning tools and those videos now are youtube freebies, so I could pick it up again but going that'll not happen. :(

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

SNK Gals' Fighters came to Switch thanks to "support from a friend at Nintendo," devs talk chances of other NEOGEO Pocket Color ports | GoNintendo

SNK GALS' FIGHTERS CAME TO SWITCH THANKS TO "SUPPORT FROM A FRIEND AT NINTENDO," DEVS TALK CHANCES OF OTHER NEOGEO POCKET COLOR PORTS

More to come?
26 May, 2020 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 1

medium_snk-gals-fighters-switch-screenshot03.jpg

SNK Gals' Fighters, a NEOGEO Pocket Color game, made its way to Switch recently. That makes it the second NEOGEO Pocket Color game to come to Switch. In an interview with Siliconera, Adam Laatz, Director of Business Development at SNK Corporation, shares an interesting tidbit on how this port came about.

Along with the developers of these ports over at Code Mystics based in Vancouver, we had discussed bringing NEOGEO Pocket Color (NGPC) content to modern platforms numerous times in the past. Unfortunately that never came to fruition for various reasons…

However, is it largely thanks to the combination of Nintendo’s “hybrid” console & portable system being a perfect fit for these retro releases, and the strong recommendation and support from a friend at Nintendo who is based here in Tokyo that we were able to make this happen.

Now that there are two NEOGEO Pocket Color games on Switch, can we expect more down the line? Laatz makes it seem like there's a very good chance.

We can definitely say that as long as there is interest from SNK fans and retro-gamers, SNK is confident and committed to bringing more NGPC content (ports to Nintendo Switch) if the demand is there! Pleased stay tuned for upcoming announcements.

Instead of just one game, how about an entire collection for Switch? Again, Laatz seems like that could happen as well.

While we are monitoring the results of our recent release of SNK Gals’ Fighters on Nintendo eShop and gauging interest from our fans/customers, this is definitely in the cards if we continue to see such a positive response.

While there are a number of paths we can take in order to realize some sort of compilation, thanks to our friends over at partners such as Pix’n Love Editions and Limited Run Games, physical release(s) are definitely a possibility IMHO.

Anthony..

Glad to see this.  The NGPC needs a lot more love as it was a really good handheld that was undone by Nintendo and forces within.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

Glad to see this.  The NGPC needs a lot more love as it was a really good handheld that was undone by Nintendo and forces within.

No idea what went on internally,  but NGPC always reminded me of Dreamcast,...Things were looking bright and then SNK, seemingly out of nowhere, pulls the plug.  For me, it happened right after I bought one, (and this was before I had internet or a computer FWIW).   I got it, got a few games;  I was all happy and I go back to E. B. 2 days later and there's not a game or console to be found.  I'm like, "What the heck is going on here?"

"SNK just pulled out of America"  I was told...:mad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

?I still have all my learning tools and those videos now are youtube freebies, so I could pick it up again but going that'll not happen. :(

It's never to late bro! You can build on your foundation, and who knows, maybe some new opportunities will come along, different from the ones before but still cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

No idea what went on internally,  but NGPC always reminded me of Dreamcast,...Things were looking bright and then SNK, seemingly out of nowhere, pulls the plug.  For me, it happened right after I bought one, (and this was before I had internet or a computer FWIW).   I got it, got a few games;  I was all happy and I go back to E. B. 2 days later and there's not a game or console to be found.  I'm like, "What the heck is going on here?"

"SNK just pulled out of America"  I was told...:mad:

Yeah, that sounds like a pisser for sure.  Also, I remember when the pulled the plug on the Dreamcast.  I was quite stunned it happened so quickly as I thought it was a good system and people seemed to enjoy it.  However, Sony just took them (and others) to the woodshed with the PS2.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I checked AES game prices again today briefly, but I only went to one store and then went home. NAM-1975 was I believe 23800 yen, tax not included. It's actually in a glass case, but I was honestly far more interested in the "cheap" 1941 Counter Attack for the SuperGrafx that was sitting just above it.

Found CIB Garou Densetsu 2 for about 3000 yen, CIB Shin Samurai Spirits for about the same price, and a few various loose carts for about the same as well. I think it was Art of Fighting, Garou Densetsu, and something else that I forgot. I did find a super dirty boxed or CIB (not sure) copy of Shin Samurai Spirits a few days ago for I think 1700 yen or something, and I might actually get that copy just to save some cash. The box art is really dirty, though.

Still, I'm open to any recommendations, as always. Neo Geo has a relatively small library so there isn't much to choose from and I'll play literally any genre, so I'll take anything into consideration seriously.

How about King of the Monsters, NAM-1975 and League Bowling next on the list Steve. I wouldn't say they're the cheapest, but they aren't going to affect you financially and fun titles to play. I love all three. ;-)

Anthony.. 

Just now, Darrin9999 said:

A couple of new items to play around with this week! Now to just unlock all the games on the Neo Geo Arcade Stick..

Oh WOW! :-o That was the Amazon deal for the Arcade stick for $99.99 bucks Darrin? Really nice that you bought it. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

How about King of the Monsters, NAM-1975 and League Bowling next on the list Steve. I wouldn't say they're the cheapest, but they aren't going to affect you financially and fun titles to play. I love all three. ;-)

Anthony.. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about King of the Monsters! That game looks awesome and I definitely want to buy a copy if I can find one. NAM is on the list as well, but I'll look into League Bowling. I think I saw it a few days ago, so I'll look for it when I go back. Thanks.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about King of the Monsters! That game looks awesome and I definitely want to buy a copy if I can find one. NAM is on the list as well, but I'll look into League Bowling. I think I saw it a few days ago, so I'll look for it when I go back. Thanks.

Awesome to know Steve. Glad you like the suggestions and hope they'll be part of your growing Neo-Geo collection. :thumbsup: ;-)

Anthony..