IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

庵わろたww THE KING OF FANTASY 八神庵の異世界無双 月を見るたび思い出せ! 無料漫画詳細 - 無料コミック ComicWalker /
Translated from Japanese by
Hermitage ww THE KING OF FANTASY Reminiscent of a different world of Yagami-an Soseki Remind me every time! Free Comic Details-Free Comics ComicWalker /
3:45 AM · Jun 7, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

これ、どうやって終わらすんだろう。 RT 蒼木雅彦、天河信彦「THE KING OF FANTASY 八神庵の異世界無双 月を見るたび思い出せ!」 | 1話まるごと試し読み - コミックナタリー
How is this done? RT Masahiko Aoki, Nobuhiko Amakawa "Remember Every Time You See The KING OF FANTASY Yagami Iori's Different World Musou!" | Full Story Trial-Comic Natalie
10:17 AM · Jun 7, 2020·

Anthony...

Hi guys,

本日6/4(木)発売!『THE KING OF FANTASY 八神庵の異世界無双 月を見るたび思い出せ!』第1巻。格闘ゲーム『KOF』シリーズ屈指の人気キャラ、八神庵がファンタジー世界に転生して大活躍。異世界でも自分のポリシーを全く曲げないスゴイ奴。もちろんズボンはいつものアレ!
Released on Thursday, June 4th! "THE KING OF FANTASY" 』Volume 1. One of the most popular characters in the fighting game "KOF" series, Iori Yagami reincarnated in the fantasy world and made a big success. A great guy who never bends his policy even in a different world. Of course, the pants are the usual one!

3:30 AM · Jun 4, 2020·T

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【6/5(金)発売】『THE KING OF FANTASY 八神庵の異世界無双 月を見るたび思い出せ!』待望の第2巻がもうすぐ発売! そして第2巻から挿絵も初公開! 八神庵が農夫に!? 異世界で「THE KING OF FARMERS」開催か――。  #KOF #八神庵の異世界無双 #ドラゴンノベルス
[Released on 6/5 (Fri.)] "Every time you see THE KING OF FANTASY Yagami-an Other World Musou Moon, remember!" The long-awaited Volume 2 is coming soon! And the first illustrations from the second volume! Yagami-an is a farmer! Are you holding "THE KING OF FARMERS" in a different world? #KOF#八神庵の異世界無双#ドラゴンノベルス

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

4 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi Sapicco. If you like more fighters in the lineup, the Japanese version is the better choice. Now if you like a more wider choices of genres, then the International version will be to your liking more. The controllers are region free.

Also Sapicco. There is a great video and article that that I think will benefit you. Hope this helps ya bro. ;-)

First the video.

Now the article.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/11/hardware_review_snk_neo_geo_mini_international_edition_-_different_design_different_games_same_problems

Hardware Review: SNK Neo Geo Mini International Edition - Different Design, Different Games, Same Problems?

Troubled over which version to pick? We're here to help...

IMG 9243.JPG

The 'classic console' market is getting pretty busy right now, what with the NES Classic, SNES Classic and PlayStation Classic sure to keep the tills ticking over this Christmas, and the Mega Drive Mini to look forward to next year. SNK is another company that has entered this niche but profitable arena; earlier this year, we went hands-on with the Japanese version of the Neo Geo Mini, a tiny arcade cabinet-style system which featured 40 classic titles and could plug into your TV for the full console experience.

Strangely, SNK didn't feel that a single Neo Geo Mini unit would be suitable for global consumption and quickly announced that a second machine – with a different software line-up and a modified case design – would be made available to buyers outside of Japan. We've now been able to secure a review unit of this model, and while we'll perhaps stop short of analysing it quite as deeply as we did the Japanese edition, we'll nevertheless aim to tell you if this more readily-obtainable version is worthy of your cold, hard cash.

Neo Geo Mini International Edition Review: The Hardware

IMG 9231.JPG

First things first, the international version of the Neo Geo Mini is a slightly different beast when it comes to pure aesthetics. The Japanese model had a bright and eye-catching colour scheme, mixing white, red, blue and black to good effect. It also came with a sticker which could be applied (painstakingly, we might add) to the control panel for an even more appealing look. Compared to this version, the international model is rather dull; the marquee is still blue and has the Neo Geo logo on either side, but the main bodywork is now purely black and white. Why SNK has opted for this more austere colour scheme for the global version is anyone's guess; what makes the choice all the more confusing is the fact that the packaging is much more vibrant and colourful than what the Japanese edition ships in.

It's also worth noting that the control area of the unit has undergone some changes too. The control panel has a different shape (and comes without the option of fitting a sticker) while the shaft of the joystick has a metal cover; on the Japanese version, it is entirely plastic. The final big change is that the blue power LED that sat below the screen on the Japanese model has vanished, and instead the base of the joystick is illuminated to show when the machine is turned on. We have to admit, we vastly prefer this to the Japanese original; it looks seriously cool.

IMG 9233.JPGIMG 9232.JPG
IMG 9230.JPGIMG 9234.JPG

The controllers that are available alongside the system are identical to those that launched in Japan, and connect via the two USB Type-C ports situated on either side of the machine. They're based on the iconic Neo Geo CD pad but the button placement has been changed; it's also worth noting that the directional pad is not micro-switched. This has caused some consternation among hardcore SNK fans and while it's arguably less precise to use (and doesn't feel quite right, either), we can understand why this decision has been made from a production standpoint – the micro-switches inside the original Neo Geo pad didn't have a very long lifespan.

The LCD screen on the console is fantastic and has the exact same 320x224 pixel resolution of the original Neo Geo hardware. As a result, everything looks pin-sharp and there's no unsightly blurring of pixels. Sadly, things aren't quite as appealing when you plug the console into your TV using a HDMI cable (not included in the box, we should add); everything looks soupy and fuzzy, and the optional image enhancement setting simply applies an emulator-style pixel-smoothing filter over the top, which is somehow even worse. From a distance, the Neo Geo Mini doesn't look too bad on your big-screen telly, but it's a real shame that SNK couldn't match the image quality generated by the NES and SNES Classic Editions.

Neo Geo Mini International Edition Review: The Games

IMG 9241.JPG

Outside of the aforementioned hardware changes, the 40 games that come pre-installed on the console are slightly different on the international version. While the Japanese model was keen to highlight SNK's proud fighting game heritage, this global edition offers a wider selection of genres and is perhaps a more 'balanced' offering, as it doesn't rely so much on you being a rabid fan of one-on-one brawlers.

Here's the complete line-up:

• 3 Count Bout
  • Art of Fighting
  • Blazing Star
  • Blue’s Journey
  • Crossed Swords
  • Fatal Fury Special
  • Foot Ball Frenzy
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves
  • Ghost Pilots
  • King of the Monsters
  • King of the Monsters 2
  • Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle
  • Last Resort
  • Magician Lord
  • Metal Slug
  • Metal Slug 2
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Metal Slug 4
  • Metal Slug 5
  • Metal Slug X
  • Mutation Nation
  • Ninja Master’s: Haou Ninpou Chou
  • Puzzled
  • Real Bout: Fatal Fury
  • Robo Army
  • Samurai Shodown II
  • Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa’s Revenge
  • Samurai Shodown V Special
  • Sengoku 3
  • Shock Troopers
  • Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
  • Super Sidekicks
  • The King of Fighters ’95
  • The King of Fighters ’97
  • The King of Fighters ’98
  • The King of Fighters 2000
  • The King of Fighters 2002
  • The Last Blade 2
  • Top Player’s Golf
  • World Heroes Perfect

Having the entire Neo Geo Metal Slug series is a massive bonus which will make this particular edition appealing to seasoned SNK fans, and games like Crossed Swords, Robo Army, Magician Lord, Last Resort, Ghost Pilots, Mutation Nation and 3 Count Bout – while not what you'd call essential – offer a much better view of the Neo Geo's library than the fighting-focused Japanese version. Of course, the model you ultimately opt for will be based on your personal taste in games, but it's rather maddening that SNK has given us two different selections. To confuse matters further, a special Christmas edition of the system is also on the way which offers a third line-up of titles, although there is naturally a lot of overlap between all three units.

Neo Geo Mini International Edition Review: The Verdict

IMG 9229.JPG

While it may seem like there's little difference between this model and the Japanese original, the revised case design and slightly different software line-up mean that there's actually a lot to mull over before making a purchase. If you're a fan of SNK's fighting games and like your mini-consoles to be bright and colourful, then the Japanese edition is the one to go for. However, if you don't mind a more understated design and want to sample a wider range of genres, this international version is by far the better choice – and you've got the added bonus of being able to order it domestically, too.

Tricky region-based decisions aside, there's no denying that the Neo Geo Mini is something of a rough gem; on the plus side, the LCD screen is fabulous and the selection of games is fantastic, but the quality of the image generated via the HDMI cable is annoyingly poor. It's also a shame that an internal battery wasn't included, as it would make the unit a little more portable. Ultimately, it's not perfect, but we can't help but love this dinky little arcade machine, and if like us, you recall when SNK's prohibitively-expensive console was first released, the prospect of being able to own a mini version with 40 games without having to sell any of your vital organs is something we're not sure we'll ever grow accustomed to.

IMG 9240.JPGIMG 9237.JPG
IMG 9245.JPGIMG 9229.JPG

Please note that some links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small

Anthony...

Thanks, I’ve got some reading to do. So there’s a USA version, international, and Japanese...and all three no baseball stars 2!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sapicco said:

Thanks, I’ve got some reading to do. So there’s a USA version, international, and Japanese...and all three no baseball stars 2!

You're welcome Sapicco. The International version is part the USA version. They do have others out there on the market like the four Samurai Shodown Editions, a Christmas edition, and a special edition A.C.E. for the Chinese Market as well.  Here's pics of them

Amazon.com: SNK NEOGEO Samurai Shodown Limited Edition Retro Mini ...

Amazon.com: Neo Geo Mini Samurai Shodown Limited Edition Bundle ...

Amazon.com: Neo Geo Mini Samurai Shodown Limited Edition Bundle ...

SNK Neo Geo Mini Samurai Shodown Limited Edition Bundle - Kuroko ...

NEOGEO mini Christmas Limited Edition Coming Soon

NEW! Neo Geo Mini x A.C.E. Special Limited Edition Unboxing ...

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

Hi guys,

From June 11-18, Samurai Shodown NEOGEO Collection will be free-to-own on the store, so we hope everyone comes and joins the SamSho community. We're also looking forward to your comments and feedback as we prepare for the console launches (including Xbox) on July 28th.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

當年未發售的《SAMURAI SHODOWN V PERFECT》 侍魂 零 完全版 將在《SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION》 上登場

■對應平臺/發售日期 Epic Games Store:2020年6月12日 ※6月12日~6月18日免費下載 Steam:2020年6月19日 PlayStation®4、Nintendo Switch:2020年7月30日 #SNK #SAMURAI #SHODOWN
Translated from Chinese by
The complete version of "SAMURAI SHODOWN V PERFECT" that was not released that year will appear in "SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION"

■ Corresponding platform/release date Epic Games Store: June 12, 2020 ※ Free download from June 12 to June 18 Steam: June 19, 2020 PlayStation ® 4. Nintendo Switch: July 30, 2020 #SNK#SAMURAI#SHODOWN

2:36 AM · Jun 2, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より6月14日まで新イベント「TASK FORCE 8th」を開催中!ステージをクリアして「クラスティレッグス」やステータス強化アイテムをゲット! #MSA https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20200608_01nid06.html
[MSA Notice] From today to June 14th, we are holding a new event, "TASK FORCE 8th"! Clear the stage to get "Crusty Legs" and other status enhancement items! #MSA https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20200608_01nid06.html

1:00 AM · Jun 8, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 Epic Games ストアでの『SAMURAI SPIRITS』DLCキャラクターの早期割引(10%OFF)について、ゲーム配信に合わせ以下の日程に変更させていただきます。 当初日程:5/27~6/11 変更日程:6/12~6/26(13時まで) ご案内遅くなりましたことをお詫びいたします。 #SNK #サムスピ
【Notice】 The early discount (10% OFF) for "SAMURAI SPIRITS" DLC characters at the Epic Games store will be changed to the following schedule according to the game distribution. Initial schedule: 5/27-6/11 Change schedule: 6/12 to 6/26 (until 13:00) We apologize for the delay. #SNK#サムスピ

10:23 PM · Jun 8, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#サムコレ発売記念Wキャンペーン】 『SNKオンラインショップ購入者限定キャンペーン』と『サムコレフォロー&RTキャンペーン』の締め切りは6月15日(月)まで! サムコレ豪華版や完全受注生産の激レア品が手に入る機会をお見逃しなく! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=SAMURAICOLLECTION
[ #サムコレ発売記念Wキャンペーン ] The deadline for "SNK Online Shop Buyer Exclusive Campaign" and "SamColle Follow & RT Campaign" is until June 15th (Mon)! Don't miss the chance to get a gorgeous version of Samkore or a super-made-to-order rare item! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=SAMURAICOLLECTION

Quote Tweet

Azp4QPWY_normal.jpg

SNKオンラインショップ公式

@snk_onlineshop
· May 26
#サムコレ発売記念Wキャンペーン 開催/ 「サムライスピリッツ ネオジオコレクション」の発売を記念して、2つのキャンペーンがスタート! キャンペーンに参加して、サムコレ豪華版や完全受注生産の激レア品をゲットしよう! ▼詳細はコチラをチェック! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/ #SNK #サムコレ
Show this thread

10:23 PM · Jun 8, 2020

Anthony...

Hi guys,

#サムコレ サウンド開発小話】 「SAMURAI SPIRITS(2019)」のサウンドディレクターが振り返る、サウンド開発小話! 今回は、薄命の美剣士『橘右京』! 動画では旧BGM「男節 月」から新BGM「朧月」に切り替わりますので、是非聞き比べてみてください! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/
[ #サムコレ Sound development story] Sound development story that the sound director of "SAMURAI SPIRITS (2019)" looks back on! This time, the thin-life swordsman "Ukyo Tachibana"! In the video, the old BGM "Mensetetsu" will switch to the new BGM "Otsuki", so please compare them! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/

Anthony..

9 hours ago, Yakumo1975 said:

Recorded using real Neo Geo MVS hardware.  Enjoy!

Hey Mark,

Oh WOW! This really is amazing that you done and shared this with us on the thread. Taking the time using real Neo-Geo MVS hardware instead of emulation. Thank you for dedicating yourself on doing this for us to benefit from bro. We can't wait for Vol.2 to be posted from you. ;-)

Anthony... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

Hey Durso

This is WRCN from twitter and I would just like say, keep up the good work here bro. You have done amazing work throughout the years, man. Well done :)

Hey WRCN,

Thank you for the kind words and welcome aboard to AtariAge and the Neo-Geo thread here on the forums. ;-);-)

Were glad to have you on and please enjoy your stay with the many conversations and postings that we accumulated here on the thread. We have so many pages that are are worth viewing and worth keeping for reference. We can't wait to see you post away with us and sharing your views on the Neo-Geo and SNK material. It will be a real pleasure to see them from you bro. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, will be glad to give a helping hand and answer them for you as quickly as possible. 

So glad you enlisted on with us WRCN. Have fun on the Atariage.com forums and post as much a you like on the Neo-Geo thread my good man. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Hey WRCN,

Thank you for the kind words and welcome aboard to AtariAge and the Neo-Geo thread here on the forums. ;-);-)

Were glad to have you on and please enjoy your stay with the many conversations and postings that we accumulated here on the thread. We have so many pages that are are worth viewing and worth keeping for reference. We can't wait to see you post away with us and sharing your views on the Neo-Geo and SNK material. It will be a real pleasure to see them from you bro. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, will be glad to give a helping hand and answer them for you as quickly as possible. 

So glad you enlisted on with us WRCN. Have fun on the Atariage.com forums and post as much a you like on the Neo-Geo thread my good man. ;-)

Anthony..

Thank you for a warm welcome Durso bro :). 

I have been a Neo-Geo for a long time and easily one of my favourite system of all time, and collect the games for the home carts whenever I can. 

Neo-Geo home carts and the Playstation Vita are the only systems I collect for, and been doing it for a long time. But I am moving to MVS soon since it is more affordable. 

I will try to post much SNK related material here as I can, and Durso, thank you for everything bro, I have seen your posts on Twitter and YouTube, you have contributed a lot to the SNK community. Thank you my friend ☺️☺️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

Thank you for a warm welcome Durso bro :). 

I have been a Neo-Geo for a long time and easily one of my favourite system of all time, and collect the games for the home carts whenever I can. 

Neo-Geo home carts and the Playstation Vita are the only systems I collect for, and been doing it for a long time. But I am moving to MVS soon since it is more affordable. 

I will try to post much SNK related material here as I can, and Durso, thank you for everything bro, I have seen your posts on Twitter and YouTube, you have contributed a lot to the SNK community. Thank you my friend ☺️☺️

Thank you WRCN. Means plenty. Nice that you want to move into the MVS library of games to expand your collection. Glad that you also collect for the Vita. Great little unit that have in anybody's collection.

Now for an MVS unit, have you tried to contact James at Jamma Nation X? He's well known in the Neo-Geo community and can customize you a great unit to your preference. Here's the link to his Twitter account if you like bro. Mention Anthony from the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage. He knows who i am since I forwaerd many to him. 

https://twitter.com/JammaNationX

Also, have you tried the units on Aliexpress. They use actual Neo-Geo boards and at a good price too. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200609153945&SearchText=neogeo+MVS+cbox

Anthony..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Thank you WRCN. Means plenty. Nice that you want to move into the MVS library of games to expand your collection. Glad that you also collect for the Vita. Great little unit that have in anybody's collection.

Now for an MVS unit, have you tried to contact James at Jamma Nation X? He's well known in the Neo-Geo community and can customize you a great unit to your preference. Here's the link to his Twitter account if you like bro. Mention Anthony from the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage. He knows who i am since I forwaerd many to him. 

https://twitter.com/JammaNationX

Also, have you tried the units on Aliexpress. They use actual Neo-Geo boards and at a good price too. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200609153945&SearchText=neogeo+MVS+cbox

Anthony..

Thank you Durso for your help :)

I will contact James as soon as possible, and mention you, just need to get some copies of MVS games.:). I almost bought Metal Slug 3, EU/US version with my savings, but people at neo-geo.com advised me to go MVS route since it's more affordable :). Better to snag some copies while they are affordable before they go through the roof ?. Thanks Durso ?

WRCN

• Like 1

Just now, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

Thank you Durso for your help :)

I will contact James as soon as possible, and mention you, just need to get some copies of MVS games.:). I almost bought Metal Slug 3, EU/US version with my savings, but people at neo-geo.com advised me to go MVS route since it's more affordable :). Better to snag some copies while they are affordable before they go through the roof ?. Thanks Durso ?

WRCN

Sure thing WCRN. Best to do so before the prices start going up. ;-) That's true, the MVS is the cheaper route and better access to buy them for playing. As for James, he does great work and will make you a reliable unit that will last for years. If you need any other assestence, feel free to let us know. Will be glad to help you. ;-)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

[Announcement] The time schedule for the Epic Games Store early-bird SAMURAI SHODOWN DLC price reduction (10% OFF) has been changed to follow the game's release more closely. Initial dates: 5/26-6/11 Current dates: 6/11-6/26 12:00am(EDT) We apologize for any inconvenience.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#サムコレ お宝イラスト紹介】 今回ご紹介するのは、「真 SAMURAI SPIRITS 覇王丸地獄変」の日本国内用のメインビジュアル&特別公開のラフ絵! 牙神幻十郎が初めて登場したタイトルであり、メインビジュアルにも覇王丸と幻十郎の決闘が描かれています。 https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/
[ #サムコレ Treasure illustration introduction] Introducing this time, the main visual for "Japan SAMURAI SPIRITS Haomaru Jigokuhen" and a rough picture released specially! It is the title that Fengjin Genjuro appeared for the first time, and the main visual also depicts the duel between Haomaru and Genjuro. https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/

10:41 PM · Jun 9, 2020·

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【新ファイター参戦予告!】 6/10より、新プリティーファイター登場! 姿が変わったことを忘れ、 予想外の失敗をしてしまうことがある プリティー・キムを一足先にチェックしよう

「いい勝負でした!」 #KOFAS #KOF #プリティー・キム
[Notice of new fighter entry! ] A new Pretty Fighter appeared from 6/10! Forgetting that you have changed Let's check out Pretty Kim who may make unexpected mistakes ahead of time

"It was a good match!"

Anthony...