IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

1 hour ago, CZroe said:

Isn't the time and date different every time because it draws from the MVS board's internal clock? I guess that would be the hard-wired date on AES. ;)

Hmm, not sure but I do remember hearing that even on AES versions, the date may have changed. I have a very early Fatal Fury, so mine still says August 13th, 1992. I can't confirm for a fact that there were revisions, but I have heard it.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

■商品情報■ テリーステッカーセットAは一時的にお品切れ中ですが、近日中に再入荷予定です

頑張って追加生産しておりますのでしばらくお待ちください

#テリー展 #100MSHOP #SNK #NEOGEO #餓狼伝説 #INDOR
Translated from Japanese by
■ Product information ■ Terry Sticker Set A is temporarily out of stock but will be back in stock soon.

We will do our best to add it, so please wait for a while.

#テリー展#100MSHOP#SNK#NEOGEO#餓狼伝説#INDOR

5:25 AM · Aug 14, 2020·

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【イベント情報】 EX-スラッグ、たりなくないでしょうか? 今日から4日間! EX-スラッグの セール・出現確率アップ イベントを開催します! さらに、毎日ログインすると 発掘チケットもプレゼント! #メタルスラッグインフィニティ
【event information】 EX-Slug 4 days from today! EX-Slug sale and appearance probability up event will be held! Furthermore, if you log in every day, you will also receive an excavation ticket! #メタルスラッグインフィニティ

11:00 PM · Aug 12, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA製作日誌:第7回】 SNKさんにインタビューをしました。 初代メタスラからMSAの開発スタッフの方まで貴重なお話しを聞くことが出来ました! メタスラマニア必見ですのでお楽しみ♪ ↓ご予約はこちら https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/appli-style/b20200401.html #メタスラ #メタルスラッグアタック #MSA
[MSA production diary: 7th] We interviewed SNK. We were able to hear valuable stories from the first-generation Metasura to the MSA development staff! Metasura mania is a must see so please look forward to it ♪ ↓ Click here for reservation https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/appli-style/b20200401.html #メタスラ#メタルスラッグアタック#MSA

11:00 PM · Aug 13, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

At this moment, SAMURAI SHODOWN!2 downloads for the EU region Nintendo eShop have been temporarily suspended. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please wait until downloads are able to be resumed again. Thank you. #SNK #SamSho

Anthony...

Hi guys,

今なら早期購入割引としてDL版『サムライスピリッツ ネオジオコレクション』を10%OFFで提供中(8月20日まで)! #SNK #サムコレ PSストア https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP5872-CUSA18482_00-SAMUSHOCOLLEUS00

ニンテンドーeショップ https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000022700

The DL version "Samurai Spirits Neo Geo Collection" is now being offered with 10% OFF as an early purchase discount (until August 20)! #SNK#サムコレ PS store https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP5872-CUSA18482_00-SAMUSHOCOLLEUS00

Nintendo eshop https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000022700

10:28 PM · Aug 16, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

SNKサマーセールは8月18日まで!このチャンスをお見逃しなく!#SNK #KOF #メタスラ #サムスピ 詳しくは https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2020/080502/

SNK Summer Sale until August 18th! Don't miss this chance! #SNK#KOF#メタスラ#サムスピ For more information https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2020/080502/

Quote Tweet

PVwcfwuR_normal.jpg

SNK JAPAN

@SNKPofficial_jp
· Aug 5
SNKサマーセール開催中!今なら『SAMURAI SPIRITS』などSNKの人気ゲームを特別価格でご提供! #SNK #サムスピ #KOF #メタスラ SNKサマーセール詳細 https://snk-corp.co.jp/press/2020/080502/

3:21 AM · Aug 16, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

おはようございます! 連日の酷暑で溶けそうです…

連休明けでこの暑さはかなり体に堪えると思いますので、しっかり水分補給してくださいね! 今週もよろしくお願いします

Good morning! It seems to melt in the intense heat of every day...

I think this heat will be pretty good after the holidays, so be sure to rehydrate yourself! Thank you again this week

8:43 PM · Aug 16, 2020·

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Back with Mike from Retro Gamer Boy. Here was see him discussing about the MVSX. Does he think it's worth it? Only one way to find out. 8^)

From the description,

"The Neo Geo MVSX has been announced and is the third release from Unico for SNK. The MVSX is a mini replica of the original MVS and has a very interesting form factor. In this weeks show we are going to do the most comprehensive breakdown of the MVSX arcade machine as well as looking at something most people seemed to have missed. Let check out the MVSX! MVSX, Neo Geo, SNK, MVSX Arcade, Unico MVSX, Arcade, 1up Arcade, Mini Arcade, Coin-Op Chapters 0:00 Intro 0:55 In today’s show 1:09 MVSX RGB trailer 1:26 MVSX specs, size, and cost 4:45 Something most people have missed about the MVSX 6:43 Is the MVSX worth your cash? 9:57 Final thoughts

Anthony...

• Like 1

20200816_191256.thumb.jpg.89ea2f1fd7a271c7bb044764cb333bb0.jpg

I had to post this photo of me holding the awesome copy of Xenocrisis for the Dreamcast that the incredibly nice and generous Anthony Durso sent me.

How cool is that? As soon as my hand injury heals my Son has promised to play through the entire game with me,which I am eagerly looking forward to.

Thank you Anthony,you cheered me up when I needed it the most!??

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I had to post this photo of me holding the awesome copy of Xenocrisis for the Dreamcast that the incredibly nice and generous Anthony Durso sent me.

How cool is that? As soon as my hand injury heals my Son has promised to play through the entire game with me,which I am eagerly looking forward to.

Hi Dale,

Thank you for stopping by to share your pic of you and your Xeno Crisis game for the Dreamcast. I hope it give you many years of enjoyment to you and your family. I'm sorry about your hand bro. But once it's fully recovered, we can't wait to see you having fun with it with family and friends Dale. Thank you as always for contributing to the Neo-Ge thread kind sir. It's always a pleasure to have you around with us. ;-)

Excellent looking setup you have for your games to be stored. I love the Intellivision Dale. :thumbsup: ;-)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

That is a damn tasty Intellivision collection. Mine is super tiny right now and I haven't figured out how to get my US Intellivision working on my Japanese CRT yet since the RF signals are apparently incompatible, unfortunately.

Anyway, difficult game is difficult, but it's one of my favourite Genesis/MD games and I imagine the Dreamcast version is even better! I might get the Dreamcast version as well just to see how well it plays, but I'm definitely getting the Neo Geo version! Overall an excellent choice no matter what system you get it on! One of my friends stopped by a few weeks ago to deliver the Dreamcast that I bought from him and we played the Genesis/MD version for a while and had a lot of fun even though we died very quickly. For some reason I never get any better at this game no matter how much I play it...

Anyway, it seems that I won't be getting my Neo Geo Darksoft cart by 2100 yesterday since it's not yesterday anymore! UPS now says "Warehouse Scan" in Tokyo as of 2048 last night. Maybe it will come today, but I have work, so I probably won't get it until tomorrow since my company is closed on Wednesdays. Maybe they'll deliver it tonight after I get home, but not likely, I think.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Good Job Wolfy!

Isn't Anthony Awesome!

The son of a biscuit sent me one too!

I'll agree the timing is pretty good as well....I'd had a long week and all I wanted to do was kick back, drink  a beer, and blow some shit up!   In a video game I mean :)

Thanks Anthony!!

image.thumb.jpeg.987978c9f337ec1b1c32663ea10dba32.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Good Job Wolfy!

Isn't Anthony Awesome!

The son of a biscuit sent me one too!

I'll agree the timing is pretty good as well....I'd had a long week and all I wanted to do was kick back, drink  a beer, and blow some shit up!   In a video game I mean :)

Thanks Anthony!!

image.thumb.jpeg.987978c9f337ec1b1c32663ea10dba32.jpeg

Two Genesises... Genesi... American Mega Drives. I approve!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Anyway, it seems that I won't be getting my Neo Geo Darksoft cart by 2100 yesterday since it's not yesterday anymore! UPS now says "Warehouse Scan" in Tokyo as of 2048 last night. Maybe it will come today, but I have work, so I probably won't get it until tomorrow since my company is closed on Wednesdays. Maybe they'll deliver it tonight after I get home, but not likely, I think.

oh wow! That's cool Steve. Great that you're getting the Darksoft cart in. Would love to see your impressions of it and what you think of it overall. I'm still in debate on which one I want. Maybe it's safe to say to buy both. ;-)

Anthony..

3 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

oh wow! That's cool Steve. Great that you're getting the Darksoft cart in. Would love to see your impressions of it and what you think of it overall. I'm still in debate on which one I want. Maybe it's safe to say to buy both. ;-)

Anthony..

Well, it looks like they attempted delivery 10 minutes ago and I'm not home, so...

Anyway, yeah, I'll review it here. I'm not sure if it will be as long as my massive 2-part review of the PC Engine mini over in the TurboGrafx thread, but we'll see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Well, it looks like they attempted delivery 10 minutes ago and I'm not home, so...

Anyway, yeah, I'll review it here. I'm not sure if it will be as long as my massive 2-part review of the PC Engine mini over in the TurboGrafx thread, but we'll see.

No worries Steve. Regardless if it is or isn't as long to the the PC-Engine mini review, will be happy to read up on what you have to say...Looking forward on it for sure bro. ;-)

Anthony..

16 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

No worries Steve. Regardless if it is or isn't as long to the the PC-Engine mini review, will be happy to read up on what you have to say...Looking forward on it for sure bro. ;-)

Anthony..

Yeah, my PC Engine mini review is 2 absolutely giant posts and I doubt that I'll have that much to say about this cartridge, but we'll see!

I suppose I might have some compatibility issues with games. Apparently KOF 98 and a few other games do not work or something so you need to use patched versions. I have a real copy of KOF 98, though, so that's no problem. Seeing that the thing still has to load the games and loading takes a while, I'll probably still use the real carts that I own to play those games instead of bothering with the Darksoft cart.

I'm probably not going to bother checking every game for the system (even though there are not many games for the system), but I'll definitely try non-patched KOF 98 to see what happens and KOF 03 to see how it handles the 716 MEGA POWER of the largest Neo Geo game there is (especially how long it takes to load it). I honestly expect it should basically be perfect for everything, especially given its price.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Hey Johnny,

Thank you for stopping by and share your pic with Xeno Crisis for the Dreamcast. I'm glad it's to your liking and hope you enjoy the game for years on end. I like to contribute back the the members and guest that come by, view, and post on the Neo-Geo thread without members like yourself, this thread would never continued to want it is today.  Thank you for all you do in the community and always a pleasure to see you on with us on what we offer on the AtariAge forums and the Neo-Geo thread. You're always welcome to post with us just like the rest of the members in the community bro. 

Thank you as always kind sir. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

By the way, I saw this on RetroRGB today:

https://www.retrorgb.com/shogun-neo-geo-supergun-by-beharbros.html

Shogun – Neo Geo Supergun by BeharBros

Posted on August 17, 2020 by Rany Battikh
Shogun-main.jpg

The BeharBros just announced a new supergun specifically designed for use with Neo Geo MVS boards, called “Shogun“. This is BeharBros‘s latest addition to their on-going line of Neo Geo related paraphernalia that includes the VGA16, RGB16 and the upcoming consolized MVS.

While all Neo Geo MVS boards communicate with arcade setups (cabinets or superguns) through a standard 56-pin JAMMA edge connector, only the 1-slot models, except for the MV1 and MV1F, are fully JAMMA compatible as they output mono sound and use a 4-button layout per player. On the other hand, 2, 4 and 6-slot boards use a slightly different pinout since they output stereo sound and usually require an additional button to select through games/slots.

This is where the Shogun comes into play, as it presents itself as a Neo Geo focused supergun and a plug-and-play solution for all MVS boards.

shogun-1-300x300.jpg

Here are some of the Shogun’s main features:

• Impedance matching, amplified RGB video output through Euro Scart connector, properly tuned for the MVS.
  • Includes a low-pass filter that can be enabled or disabled.
  • Stereo audio output, attenuated or line-in selectable.
  • 2x Neo Geo controller ports.
  • LCD Voltmeter for the 5v input.
  • Outputs RGBs Csync, perfectly safe for use with the OSSC
  • Test, Service and Coin1 push-buttons.
  • Includes a high quality custom power cable with 6 pin Mini Fit Jr. connector (2xGND, 2x5V, 1x12v).
  • Custom designed, transparent smoke, 3mm, laser etched, plexiglass shell.
The Shogun is equipped with a THS7374 video amplifier and the circuitry around it has been carefully tweaked to perfectly match/properly attenuate the MVS’s video signal. I asked Yosi, from the BeharBros, about the Shogun‘s compatibility with other JAMMA boards and he stated that while it most likely will display incorrect colors when used in conjunction with non-Neo Geo boards, it could serve as audio testing rig as its on-board audio attenuator can accept a mono signal. The Sammy Atomiswave in particular can be hooked up to the Shogun and take advantage of its 5-button wiring, then outputs 15 and 31Khz RGBs through the (Atomiswave’s) D-sub 15 connector.
Shogun-4-300x225.jpg
In the audio department, the user can select, through a jumper, between stereo or mono input, depending on the MVS board in-hand. Furthermore, the source audio is also selectable through a push-button:
  • attenuated audio through the JAMMA edge connector.
  • direct line through a 3.5mm jack or a terminal connector.

The terminal connector comes in handy when the subject MVS board is a 1-slot, that is modded for stereo output.

The Shogun is priced at $75 and is available for pre-order over at BeharBro’s shop. While excellent options like the HAS and Sentinel superguns cover both the standard JAMMA and Neo Geo pinouts, the Shogun comes into view as a dedicated, affordable solution for MVS power users.

Interesting to see this Steve Steve. He does some amazing work and glad you reintroduced me to him. I got to admit, his content is amazing to see. I need snacks to watch and read up on his materials. :D

Anthony..

Antony..

• Like 1