IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

17 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Good Job Wolfy!

Isn't Anthony Awesome!

The son of a biscuit sent me one too!

I'll agree the timing is pretty good as well....I'd had a long week and all I wanted to do was kick back, drink  a beer, and blow some shit up!   In a video game I mean :)

Thanks Anthony!!

image.thumb.jpeg.987978c9f337ec1b1c32663ea10dba32.jpeg

Since I cant play for a while,let me know what you think of the game!?

I have seen you in other forums on Atariage,its cool to put a face to your name.

Same with Steve Pendleton,he hangs out with me in the Amico thread occasionally. 

I just purchased an Evercade because of all the great retro games I never played such as Lynx games.

They also have a Xenocrisis cart coming out that I dont need now thanks to Anthony! Woo-hoo!!!?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Well, it looks like they attempted delivery 10 minutes ago and I'm not home, so...

Anyway, yeah, I'll review it here. I'm not sure if it will be as long as my massive 2-part review of the PC Engine mini over in the TurboGrafx thread, but we'll see.

I gotta go read that review,glad you mentioned it!?

• Like 1

Hi guys,

THE LAST BLADE 2 gets a retro-rific Collector's Edition, complete with a functional NEOGEO Shockbox by , a commemorative cartridge, art cards, and more! Grab yours at 10am or 6pm ET on August 21.

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

It is the twilight era for the samurai, and a mystical story is about to unfold… 's THE LAST BLADE 2 gets a Limited Run for the PS4 on Friday, August 21! It'll be available in limited quantity in our usual two batches at 10am & 6pm ET.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Adam Koralik. This time we see him discussing the Neo-Geo and the NGCD. Thank you Adam. Awesome material for sure. ;-)

From the description,

"This is a discussion topic video about the fourth generation of videogame consoles. This will be part seven of my nine part mini-series. Here we will discuss the SNK Neo Geo AES (and briefly the Neo Geo CD), the fourth entry in to the fourth generation of game consoles."

Anthony..

• Like 4

Hi guys,

サイト更新

明日から #100MSHOP 最終章 餓狼伝説 side #ロック・ハワード が始まります

沖縄商品を始め、ロックの新商品もたくさん発売されますので、無理のない範囲で遊びに来てください

※最終日(8/25)は閉店時間が19:00となります。ご注意ください。 #ロック展 #SNK #NEOGEO #INDOR
Translated from Japanese by

Site update

from tomorrow #100MSHOP Final Chapter Fear Wolf Side #ロック・ハワード Begins

A lot of new rock products will be released including Okinawa products, so please come and visit as much as you can.

※ Last day (8 /25) will be closed at 19:00. Please be careful. #ロック展#SNK#NEOGEO#INDOR

11:31 PM · Aug 18, 2020·

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

サムライスピリッツの世界を構築するグラフィックスを、キャラクターのモデル制作、アニメーション制作を中心に制作事例を交えてご紹介! CGWORLD JAM  8.29 Sat 11:00~12:00 サムライスピリッツキャラクター制作事例(SNK×ASUS) https://cgworld.jp/special/jam/vol1/program/249/

#CGWJAM
Introducing the graphics that build the world of Samurai Spirits, along with production examples focusing on character model production and animation production! CGWORLD JAM 8.29 Sat 11:00~12:00 Samurai spirits character production example (SNK x ASUS) https://cgworld.jp/special/jam/vol1/program/249/

#CGWJAM

7:00 PM · Aug 18, 2020·

Anthony...

Hi guys,

KADOKAWA comicHU(コミックヒュー)にて『THE KING OF FANTASY 八神庵の異世界無双 月を見るたび思い出せ!』(原作:天河信彦先生)11話目更新です。 よろしくお願いいたします! https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF09000003010000_68/

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/44750

二巻の予約始まりました。 https://amazon.co.jp/dp/4040659708/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_w-ipFbK4T0XRG

At KADOKAWA comic HU, remember "THE KING OF FANTASY Yagami Iku no different world Musouzuki every time you see it!" 』(Original: Nobuhiko Tenkawa) Updated episode 11. Thank you! https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF09000003010000_68/

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/44750

Book 2 has started. https://amazon.co.jp/dp/4040659708/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_w-ipFbK4T0XRG

10:42 PM · Aug 18, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■商品情報■ テリートレーディングアクリルスタンドが全種再入荷致しました!! たくさんありますので焦らずお買い求めください

#テリー展 #100MSHOP #NEOGEO #SNK #INDOR
■ Product information ■ All Terry Trading Acrylic Stands are back in stock!! There are many, so please buy without rushing

#テリー展#100MSHOP#NEOGEO#SNK#INDOR

3:15 AM · Aug 18, 2020·

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

テリーのミニアクスタが今日再入荷だったので、仕事帰りにテリー展行ってきたぁ テリーとロックのミニアクスタ欲しかったので、無事に出で満足 とりあえず八神庵クンも撮って、その横にあったミニクッションもゲットしてきた 次はロック展行こうぉ #テリー展 #餓狼伝説 #100MSHOP #SNK
Terry's Mini Axta was back in stock today, so I went to the Terry exhibition on my way home from work.I wanted Terry and Rock's Mini Axta, so I was satisfied with the safe appearance. Next time I'm going to rock exhibition #テリー展#餓狼伝説#100MSHOP#SNK

7:27 AM · Aug 18, 2020·

Anthony

• Like 1

Hi guys,

テリー展行ってきた! KOFにハマって約20年か笑(^◇^;) 当時ネオジオワールドとか行ったくらい笑
I went to the Terry exhibition! I've been addicted to KOF for about 20 years lol (^◇^;) I laughed at Neo Geo World at that time

5:09 AM · Aug 18, 2020·

Anthony..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Since I cant play for a while,let me know what you think of the game!?

I have seen you in other forums on Atariage,its cool to put a face to your name.

Same with Steve Pendleton,he hangs out with me in the Amico thread occasionally. 

I just purchased an Evercade because of all the great retro games I never played such as Lynx games.

They also have a Xenocrisis cart coming out that I dont need now thanks to Anthony! Woo-hoo!!!?

Thanks Wolfy!   Same.  I think it's nice to put a name to a face.  And I've always enjoyed your posts.  (From what little I've played),  I definitely think you'll dig the game!...Kind of a Smash TV, light Robotron feel...But also you'll feel like a Marine in an Alien movie running into danger and clearing out the rooms.  It's pretty Awesome!

That's neato they are making one for Evercade.  I'd like to get one of those eventually...I'm also considering a purchase of Xeno Crisis for the Genesis.  Seems like it'd be a good fit.   And I'd love to play it on a NEO GEO MVS...(Which I don't have, but a friend does...)

Speaking of Genesis... (Continued   Next   Post)...

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 12:56 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Two Genesises... Genesi... American Mega Drives. I approve!

Thanks Steve!

Maybe I should even show you the wider angle here :) ...(Sorry my Atari Room is a bit of a mess haha)

011.thumb.JPG.f528e9b10c5312ccf9acc46576b8fb5c.JPG

010.thumb.JPG.2e6cc0d25a0b9ee03f35650cd278e6b1.JPG

As I'm sure you recognize, there's a Japanese Mega Drive, but in my closet in the Atari Room, I have another S-Video Modded Genesis, an ATGames HD Genesis Flashback (with cart slot), and an Analogue Mega SG!  Well,  then I also have a Genesis Handheld, 2 Nomads, a JVC X'EYE , a CDX, and my original Genesis from BITD, which is in my living room...Oh and a Hyperkin SG/FC Dual that plays Genesis and NES... OK, Maybe I shouldn't have explained all that haha...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Back with Adam Koralik. This time we see him discussing the Neo-Geo and the NGCD. Thank you Adam. Awesome material for sure. ;-)

From the description,

"This is a discussion topic video about the fourth generation of videogame consoles. This will be part seven of my nine part mini-series. Here we will discuss the SNK Neo Geo AES (and briefly the Neo Geo CD), the fourth entry in to the fourth generation of game consoles."

Anthony..

I saw this some time ago.  It was a pretty good video I thought.  I will say that Wrestling With Gaming's episode on the Neo Geo was really good too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

I saw this some time ago.  It was a pretty good video I thought.  I will say that Wrestling With Gaming's episode on the Neo Geo was really good too.

I agree Hwling. I don't recall posting Adam's videos from him in the past. But this one really was well thought of and displayed by him.  Yeah, I remember that upload with Wrestling With Gaming, he had Neo-Alec a fellow AtariAge member on the video with him as well. Great stuff for sure. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

『SNK Anniversary Fan Book』12月25日発売 https://amzn.to/2NulQvW

貴重な資料とともにSNKブランド40年の歴史を振り返る!数々の対戦格闘ゲーム誕生経緯やNEOGEOの設計に関する話などを訊く歴代スタッフインタビュー、アートチームなどによる描き下ろしイラストを収録
"SNK Anniversary Fan Book" released on December 25 https://amzn.to/2NulQvW

Looking back on the history of the SNK brand 40 years together with valuable materials! Includes illustrations drawn by past staff interviews and art teams who asked about the story of the birth of many fighting games and NEOGEO's design

2:07 PM · Aug 19, 2020·

Anthony..
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

#NeoGeo have a new version of an old Arcade machine. The #MVSX offeres you the chance to have a mini arcade cab in your house, but is it worth it. Check out this extensive first look, the link is in my Twitter and Instagram profile. #Arcade #SNK #Mini #… https://instagr.am/p/CEEYb0wgCcE/

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Scarlet Sprites with another top-notch video for us to enjoy. Here we see him chatting about the MVSX from Unico. Let's dive right in, and listen in on what he has to say shall we? ;-)

From the description,

"Didn't see this one coming. Unico has announced a Neo Geo MVS X arcade machine in the style of the popular Arcade1Up cabinet. With SNK's blessing backing their product, will Unico deliver an emulation based experience reminiscent and worthy of the Big Red machine it is drawing its inspiration from? Let's take a look at what is known so far and discuss your thoughts, wishes, and criticisms."

Anthony...

• Like 1

Got my cart. I think it's been damaged. The first thing I noticed when I pulled the cart out of its box is that there is something rattling around inside of it. I'm getting strange black bars on either side of the title screen on Metal Slug (edit: and basically in every screen on Neo Turf Masters), random graphical glitches, and this

Pic_0820_384.thumb.jpg.4e0e1cfa3cbca854d09a176667668aae.jpg

happened once. Pretty sure it's not supposed to look like that...

Emailed High Score Saves to see about exchanging it. I'm going to try a few different SD cards to see if that will fix it.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

Got my cart. I think it's been damaged. The first thing I noticed when I pulled the cart out of its box is that there is something rattling around inside of it. I'm getting strange black bars on either side of the title screen on Metal Slug (edit: and basically in every screen on Neo Turf Masters), random graphical glitches, and this

Pic_0820_384.thumb.jpg.4e0e1cfa3cbca854d09a176667668aae.jpg

Emailed High Score Saves to see about exchanging it. I'm going to try a few different SD cards to see if that will fix it.

Yikes! Hope they get you taken care of. Looks/sounds like a ram chip or a multiplexer fell off in transit. Must've got banged around a bit. atariage_icon_sad.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Yikes! Hope they get you taken care off looks/sounds like a ram chip or a multiplexer fell off in transit. Must've got banged around a bit. :(

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Oh man! I'm sorry on what you're experiencing Steve. The only recommendation is contact Darksoft or where you purchased to help solve the trouble.

That leads to a good question, does Darksoft or Terraonion offer some kind of warranty for their products? I actually never looked into that query.  

Anthony... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Yikes! Hope they get you taken care off looks/sounds like a ram chip or a multiplexer fell off in transit. Must've got banged around a bit. :(

Yeah, I just tried a new SD card and it's unchanged. I still put 21 minutes into Neo Turf Masters, though, since everything is still playable. I'm not sure if I should discontinue use, but I think I will, just to be safe. Not sure what's loose inside the cart and I'm not going to open it to find out. I'll let High Score Saves figure it out.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Oh man! I'm sorry on what you're experiencing Steve. The only recommendation is contact Darksoft or where you purchased to help solve the trouble.

That leads to a good question, does Darksoft or Terraonion offer some kind of warranty for their products? I actually never looked into that query.  

Anthony... 

Yeah, I emailed High Score Saves and asked them about doing an exchange, so I'll see what they say. The time difference makes it annoying since they are in Minnesota, so it will be about 9 hours until they open. I know Terraonion will fix their stuff or at least exchange it if it breaks. Not sure of the specifics, though.

• Like 2