IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

The Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Edition.

Tis the season to give your friends and family the gift that keeps on giving--The NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Edition! It comes with 40 smash-hit #NEOGEO games pre-installed and all its accessories bundled together! More details coming soon! http://snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2020/101501/

SNK

NEWS

•  
  1. The Special Christmas Edition of the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro is almost here!
October 15th, 2020

SNK CORPORATION

News Release

The Special Christmas Edition of the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro is almost here!

SNK CORPORATION is proud to announce a special Christmas edition of the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro! It’s been 30 years since the NEOGEO first launched in 1990, and what better way to celebrate the holidays with friends and family than with the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Edition! Please stay tuned for future announcements.

asp_christmas_01.jpg

Features

Packed with fun accessories!
The NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Edition comes included with a NEOGEO mini PAD, a silicone cover, and other fun accessories! Note, the colors of each accessory is random.

Includes 40 super-popular NEOGEO games!
This special version comes pre-loaded with all 20 of the previously hidden games. Now you can choose from a fantastic list of 40 games including many fighters and action platformers! The MVS version allows for extra credits, so no more game overs!

Comes with a special NEOGEO 30th Anniversary album!
This special Christmas Edition includes an original album celebrating the NEOGEO’s 30th anniversary! It contains NEOGEO-era advertisements as well as illustrations from its popular titles! Note, only one book is contained within each Christmas Edition set.

asp_christmas_02.jpg

Product Breakdown

■Product name

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

■Release date

Winter 2020

■Preloaded games

■Size

W428.9mm×D214.2mm×H124mm

■Ports

HDMI port, Headphone port, USB Type-C×2, USB Type-A×1 

■Inbox Items

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro ×1 * Color: White

NEOGEO mini PAD ×1 * Color (Random): White or Black

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro Silicone Cover ×1 * Color (Random): Red or Black or Yellow 

NEOGEO mini PAD Silicone Cover ×1 * Color (Random): Red or Yellow 

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro Balltop Silicone Cover ×1 * Color (Random): White or Yellow or Green

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro Buttons Stickers ×2 Randomized selection of 2 from a list of 4.

NEOGEO 30th Anniversary album ×1

Power Cable×1 * Color: White

USB Type A to Type C adapter×1 * Color: White

TITLE LINE-UP

THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’95 / THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’97 / THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’98 / THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’99 / THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000 / THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 / FATAL FURY* / FATAL FURY 2* / FATAL FURY SPECIAL / FATAL FURY 3 / REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL* / GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES / SAMURAI SHODOWN* / SAMURAI SHODOWN II / SAMURAI SHODOWN III / SAMURAI SHODOWN IV / SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL / ART OF FIGHTING / THE PATH OF THE WARRIOR ART OF FIGHTING 3* / THE LAST BLADE* / THE LAST BLADE 2 / WORLD HEROES 2 / WORLD HEROES 2 JET / WORLD HEROES PERFECT / SAVAGE REIGN* / KIZUNA ENCOUNTER / NINJA MASTER’S / NINJA COMBAT* / METAL SLUG* / METAL SLUG 2* / METAL SLUG X* / METAL SLUG 3* / METAL SLUG 4* / METAL SLUG 5* / SHOCK TROOPERS* / SHOCK TROOPERS 2ND SQUAD* / THE SUPER SPY* / SUPER SIDEKICKS* / SOCCER BRAWL*/ LEAGUE BOWLING*

*Unlocked Titles

asp_christmas_03.jpg

About the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

The NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro, with specially selected titles pre-installed, can be used as a controller for NEOGEO mini. It is designed for all NEOGEO fans.Connecting the NEOGEO mini or NEOGEO mini PAD to the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro, you can enjoy a fierce gaming experience.The size is W430mm×D214mm, similar to other arcade sticks.It can be put and played even on your knees stably.

asp_christmas_04.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

"Dark Horse Books and developer SNK have announced The Art of Samurai Shodown, a hardcover art book collecting concept art and developer commentary for the latest entry in the storied fighting video game franchise." Out May 2021, up for pre-order now!
Quote Tweet

7G8BkNSg_normal.jpg

ComicBook.com

@ComicBook
· Oct 13
Dark Horse announces The Art of Samurai Shodown. https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/samurai-shodown-art-book-dark-horse/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Screenshot_20201014-124206_Gmail.jpg?fit

Courtesy of Dark Horse Comics

The classic arcade game, Samurai Shodown, is getting a hardcover makeover! The gaming company SNK is teaming up with Dark Horse Comics to create a nearly 200 page book, titled The Art of Samurai Shodown. Filled with nearly 700 photos, illustrations, and documents, you’ll be able to get an in-depth look at the details that went into the creation of the latest version of the popular fighting game.

SNK has been behind Samurai Shodown since 1993, and after an 11 year gap in the series, they released a brand new installment in 2019 for multiple gaming systems. Fans can enjoy the same excitement as the earlier versions but with updated graphics and a brand new AI system that learns from you as you play, and will create “ghost” characters for you to fight against with either new or returning characters from past installments.

Dark Horse Comics was founded in 1986 and is behind some of the most high quality and beloved comics, graphic novels, art books, and collectibles from multiple licenses, including Avatar: The Last Airbender, Game of Thrones, The Witcher, Halo, Super Mario, and Minecraft. They are among the top entertainment publishers in the world and have recently partnered with Vanguard Visionary Associates to expand to a global market.

You can pre-order The Art of Samurai Shodown, which will retail for $39.99, on Amazon or through your local comic shop. The book’s release date is set for May 2021.

Anthony...

Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Edition... interesting. The regular version of this thing is on sale for $100 all the time. I wonder how much this will be. Once again, the included games are way unbalanced towards fighting games, but at least Metal Slug and Shock Troopers are there. I'm actually kind of disappointed that they didn't put the entire Fatal Fury series on it. Not sure if I want it, though... I may consider it depending on how much it costs.

I still think the Neo Geo Mini Christmas has the best overall game selection and even though it's a limited edition thing, it's still in stock at Amazon. Too bad it's still 18920 yen, though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Edition... interesting. The regular version of this thing is on sale for $100 all the time. I wonder how much this will be. Once again, the included games are way unbalanced towards fighting games, but at least Metal Slug and Shock Troopers are there. I'm actually kind of disappointed that they didn't put the entire Fatal Fury series on it. Not sure if I want it, though... I may consider it depending on how much it costs.

I still think the Neo Geo Mini Christmas has the best overall game selection and even though it's a limited edition thing, it's still in stock at Amazon. Too bad it's still 18920 yen, though.

I always did like SNK's Christmas edition goodies that they use to offer growing up. I purchase the Neo Geo Mini Christmas Edition and think it's the better of the versions that were made public as well Steve. Hopefully, this unit will have a better design this time.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

PIX’N LOVE GIVEAWAY

Want to win a physical copy of Samurai Shodown NEOGEO Collection? Of course you do! ~RULES~

Follow

Follow

Like & RT

Tag a Friend Open to all regions and winner picked Monday, October 19th. #SwitchCorps

Anthony..

Hi guys,

These #SNK titles that were released as #XBOX360 and supported backwards compatibility with XBox One are likely to be enjoyed on #XboxSeriesX

Xbox_SeriesX_2020_v2.png
as well. The King of Fighters XIII The King of Fighters 98 UM METAL SLUG XX NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM METAL SLUG 3 SAMURAI SHODOWN II

Anthony...

1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:

At the beginning, Neo Geo offers any kinds of games.

But at the end, most games released are fighting games.

That's I saw in magazines like Gamepro.

Did SNK release other genre beside fighting at the end of Neo Geo?

Hi Serguei,

Thank you for stopping by and good question. Towards the very end around 2001-2004 when they were Playmore or SNK/Playmore, they were offering fighting games mostly for the Neo-Geo. I believe 1 or 2 that were other than fighting. But they still had a good handful of other titles to other genres before the old SNK folded in 2001.

I can give you the list to them regarding the games before the original SNK folded four years before they did on those titles with a link to them to see as well. Hope this helps Serguel. :)

Battle Flip Shot. 1998. Sports

Blazing Star. 1998. Shoot'em up

Captain Tomaday. 1999. Shoot'emup

Money Puzzle Exchanger. . 1997. Puzzle.

Neo Bomberman. 1997. Action/Maze. 

Neo Geo Cup '98: The Road to the Victory. 1998. Sports.

Neo Mr.Do. 1997. Action/Maze.

Nightmare in the Dark. 2000. Platform.

Pop'n' Bounce. 1997. Action.

Prehistoric Isle 2. 1999. Shoot'em Up.

Puzzle Bobble 2. 1999. Puzzle.

Strikers 1945 Plus. 1999. Shoot'em up

The Irritating Maze. 1997. Action/Maze.

Zu Pa Pa. 2000. Platform.

Pouchi and Zya. 2003. Puzzle. (Post-SNK) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neo_Geo_games

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:

Thanks

I noted in Megagames, https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/neo-geo/, there are games from 2005 to 2019.

Are they homemade games?

Hey Serguei,

Yes, that's correct. By small groups and indie developers. SNK officially stop making titles officially for the Neo-Geo MVS & AES in 2004. The last game was Samurai Shodown V Special.

Feel free to ask anymore questions you like Serguei. Will be glad to do our best to answer them for you. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

A Rollback Beta Test for the 32bit version of KOF2002UM on Steam will begin October 16th at 10AM until 22nd at 10AM PDT. Users with 64bit operating systems may also opt in as well. We look forward to your feedback! Click for more info: #SNK #KOF #Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/222440/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_2002_UNLIMITED_MATCH/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■お待たせ!サイト更新

#Kダッシュ展 の商品やもらえるノベルティ情報をアップしました

商品の詳細はこのアカウントでもツイートして行きますのでお見逃しなく( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://indor.jp/100mega/100mega_shpo.html

#100MSHOP #SNK #NEOGEO #俺一人で充分だ #INDOR
Translated from Japanese by
■ Please wait! Site update

#Kダッシュ展 Product and novelty information you can get

Product details will be tweeted on this account as well, so don't miss it (͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

http://indor.jp/100mega/100mega_shpo.html

#100MSHOP#SNK#NEOGEO#俺一人で充分だ#INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■商品情報■ 明日から発売のグラサンスタンドは、グラサンだけじゃない! ネックレスもかけることができるスグレモノです

かけるグラサンによってガラりと印象が変わるので、店頭サンプルで色々試してみてくださいね

#100MSHOP #Kダッシュ展 #NEOGEO #俺一人で充分だ #INDOR
■ Product information ■ Glasses are not the only sunglasses stand to be released tomorrow! It is a sugremono that you can also wear a necklace

The impression will change depending on the sunglasses you put on, so please try various samples at the store.

#100MSHOP#Kダッシュ展#NEOGEO#俺一人で充分だ#INDOR

Anthony...

Hi guys,

■商品情報■ 明日から10,000円(税抜き)以上ご購入で

のトート…。いやもう、「これ一つで充分だ」すぎる大きさ… B2ポスターもこの通り、A3パネル(こちらは店舗限定♡)なんかノート

くらいのサイズに見えてしまいます

#100MSHOP #Kダッシュ展 #NEOGEO #俺一人で充分だ #INDOR
■ Product information ■ With purchase of 10,000 yen (excluding tax) or more from tomorrow

Tote ... No, it's too big for "this one is enough" ... B2 poster is also like this, A3 panel (this is limited to stores ♡ ) Something note

It looks like the size

#100MSHOP#Kダッシュ展#NEOGEO#俺一人で充分だ#INDOR

Anthony..

11 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

I always did like SNK's Christmas edition goodies that they use to offer growing up. I purchase the Neo Geo Mini Christmas Edition and think it's the better of the versions that were made public as well Steve. Hopefully, this unit will have a better design this time.

Anthony..

Yeah, I definitely agree about the Neo Geo Mini Christmas, but damn that thing is expensive for no reason! The Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Edition will likely still be expensive and maybe even more expensive, but hopefully it's a bit more reasonable given its functionality. Not sure how well it works on other systems, but I guess it's probably not a bad way to play Neo Geo games on a different system in case you have games on that system that are not included on the stick itself.

Actually, I'll go ahead and ask what you think of the Neo Geo Mini. I know a few people here have them, and generally people say it's okay, but has some problems, like the video output. Too bad that the best versions of the Mini probably all have the US versions of the games instead of the Japanese versions, but I still may try one of the Neo Geo Mini variants (probably Christmas). I found the Japanese and international versions here used recently and those are around 7000 yen on Amazon now, so I might try one of those at first just to see.

Speaking of Amazon, Terry amiibo is up for 1500 yen with the typical placeholder date of December 31 next year.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-amiibo-テリー-大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズシリーズ/dp/B08KS83T7B/ref=pd_sim_63_3/355-4889455-4444826?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B08KS83T7B&pd_rd_r=19c60ae3-56a3-4ca2-b1d4-346090ed3146&pd_rd_w=hwVza&pd_rd_wg=eUdqB&pf_rd_p=f9a9497c-7e0b-4918-8d26-e083f9a892fc&pf_rd_r=M9J5VK7NJBYXRTYVXZ8N&psc=1&refRID=M9J5VK7NJBYXRTYVXZ8N

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, I definitely agree about the Neo Geo Mini Christmas, but damn that thing is expensive for no reason! The Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Edition will likely still be expensive and maybe even more expensive, but hopefully it's a bit more reasonable given its functionality. Not sure how well it works on other systems, but I guess it's probably not a bad way to play Neo Geo games on a different system in case you have games on that system that are not included on the stick itself.

Actually, I'll go ahead and ask what you think of the Neo Geo Mini. I know a few people here have them, and generally people say it's okay, but has some problems, like the video output. Too bad that the best versions of the Mini probably all have the US versions of the games instead of the Japanese versions, but I still may try one of the Neo Geo Mini variants (probably Christmas). I found the Japanese and international versions here used recently and those are around 7000 yen on Amazon now, so I might try one of those at first just to see.

Speaking of Amazon, Terry amiibo is up for 1500 yen with the typical placeholder date of December 31 next year.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-amiibo-テリー-大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズシリーズ/dp/B08KS83T7B/ref=pd_sim_63_3/355-4889455-4444826?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B08KS83T7B&pd_rd_r=19c60ae3-56a3-4ca2-b1d4-346090ed3146&pd_rd_w=hwVza&pd_rd_wg=eUdqB&pf_rd_p=f9a9497c-7e0b-4918-8d26-e083f9a892fc&pf_rd_r=M9J5VK7NJBYXRTYVXZ8N&psc=1&refRID=M9J5VK7NJBYXRTYVXZ8N

Personally Steve, I like the Neo Geo Mini. I feel it's a worthwhile unit that offers plenty considering it's limitations. Seeing that the international version is cheap off Amazon, it's a fun starter piece for those that want to adventure into the Neo-Geo. Plus there many ways to play hundreds of other titles by hacking into it that you can have a blast playing on it. 

My only grievance is really the Mini's NGCD style controllers that SNK made available. Doesn't have the clicky sound when you move the joypad, and the button configuration is just weird for me. But other than that, I would recommend any of the newcomers or retro gamers that want to play Neo-Geo a thumbs up to the Neo Geo Mini, and I think they would enjoy it just a much as I do bro. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Replying to
You always ask for my Neo - Geo collection, Durso, here is some of my collection, bought them from a serious collector who took very good care of the games, man

. World Heroes 2 is still sealed, so that's nice

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Even the prodigious, weaponized girth of Cheng Sinzan is no threat to the structural integrity of a Neo Geo AES cart. A Neo Geo home cart is a slab of gaming goodness - a veritable monolith of excess, and I love it.

#RETROGAMING #NEOGEO #90s #gaming #FatalFury

Anthony...