IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

13 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

NeoGeo World Magazine only lasted three issues (1995)

Flag of Japan
#SNK #NeoGeo

Anthony..

Neo Geo was too expensive at this time, even for Japaneses.

These screenshots are great.

Neo Geo World seems to be written from left to right, unlike newspapers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Serguei2 said:

Neo Geo was too expensive at this time, even for Japaneses.

These screenshots are great.

Neo Geo World seems to be written from left to right, unlike newspapers.

I remember as a boy that I wish I had the money to buy a Neo-Geo AES Serguei. But all I could do is dream. It wasn't until I was in my early-20's to finally own one of those beauties. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Serguei2 said:

Neo Geo Pocket looks cool.

I don't remember I saw it in the stores, in Canada.

Glad you like the unit Seguei. :thumbsup:

I recommend to have in the collection. Such a fun unit that has more battery life than the Game Boy Color as well. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 「サムライスピリッツ ネオジオコレクション」おんらいんくじ販売中

全25種ハズレなし

今回はE賞の勝利画面クリアファイルのご紹介

1枚目徳川慶寅 2枚目天草四郎時貞です

#サムスピおんらいんくじ https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

Translated from Japanese by
【Notice】 "Samurai Spirits Neo Geo Collection" Onrain lottery on sale

All 25 types without loss

Introducing the E prize victory screen clear file this time

1st Yoshitora Tokugawa The second piece is Shiro Amakusa Tokisada

#サムスピおんらいんくじ https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 11月25日まで復刻キャンペーンボックスクランクを開催! 「パイルインパクト Ver.Unison」「パドワ」「パーシェ for Liberty」を獲得することができます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20201123_01f0h7e.html

[MSA update information] Reprint campaign box crank will be held until November 25th! You can get "Pile Impact Ver. Unison", "Padua" and "Pache for Liberty"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20201123_01f0h7e.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【キャンペーン】 \Mr.KOFGコンテスト 2020開催

/ 交換所やガチャで入手した投票券を推しのファイターに差し入れしましょう! 全マネージャーさんの差し入れ個数15,000,000個達成で1周年記念メッセージカード(ボイス付き)が手に入る

※差し入れ期限は12月1日23:59まで #KOFG #KOFG1周年
【campaign】 \ Mr.KOFG Contest 2020 held

/ Let's put the voting ticket obtained at the exchange or gacha into the fighter! You can get a 1st anniversary message card (with voice) by reaching 15,000,000 pieces of all managers.

※ The deadline for deposit is 23:59 on December 1st. #KOFG#KOFG1周年

Anthony...

Hi all, just dropping in with some update information on the build..,.

Hinge Marguee access panel

Another part of the cabinet with very little information available online, I just decided to work with the space I have left after designing in the speaker panel.  I was aware of the lock location, and the fact there was a piano hinge, and that was it.

I managed to find a video on YouTube where an owner of a real cabinet removed the Marquee, which showed a little bit what was going on ‘behind the scenes’ so to speak.

I used a standard barrel lock, with piano hinge, the marquee rests in a small recess on a aluminium angle, when unlocked the panel drops down releasing the marquee so the Mini Marquee can be quickly changed without unscrewing parts of the cabinet.

IMG_20201109_161418.jpg

IMG_20201109_161428.jpg

IMG_20201109_161457.jpg

IMG_20201109_161507.jpg

• Like 3

Painting

After the lengthy task of cleaning up my garage in preparation for painting I finally managed to get some primer/undercoat on the panels.

All of the back panels and the sides of the cabinets were simply rolled with a white undercoat/primer to seal the timber ahead of a top coat, or in the case of the side panels the vinyl wrap.

All black panels were spray painted following numerous coats of primer, and light rubbing down between coats. A day and a half worth of painting, but generally I was happy enough with the results.

IMG_20201112_180348.jpg

IMG_20201112_180358.jpg

IMG_20201112_180409.jpg

IMG_20201112_180420.jpg

IMG_20201113_121923.jpg

IMG_20201113_121939.jpg

IMG_20201113_121951.jpg

IMG_20201113_121959.jpg

IMG_20201113_142522.jpg

IMG_20201113_142533.jpg

• Like 2

Subwoofer

I decided from early on in the build that I would love the impact that a subwoofer can add to the experience, I really wanted that impactful arcade sound, and given the space available in the bottom of the cabinet, it would be rude not to.

This part of the build was merely function over beauty, it’s rough and ready but produces pretty decent results for very little money.  I calculated the volume of the speaker cabinet to match the driver I bought, and worked with the correctly tuned length of reflex port.  Sounds great, just excuse the rough appearance.

IMG_20201119_160813.jpg

IMG_20201119_160816.jpg

IMG_20201119_160819.jpg

IMG_20201119_165629.jpg

IMG_20201119_173228.jpg

IMG_20201119_173229.jpg

IMG_20201120_092859.jpg

IMG_20201120_152004.jpg

IMG_20201120_152039.jpg

• Like 3

Vinyl

A while back I faced the decision of whether to paint the sides and coin door panel and add artwork, or go for a full ‘vinyl wrap’ for the whole sides and coin door.   Took me a while to decide and in the end I went with the wrap as I hoped it would give a more professional finish that I might be able to achieve with paint.

Reaching this step meant I could move the cabinet into the house, in a cleaner environment, and in the room I intend to keep the unit.  Lying it down seemed a far easier way to apply the large ‘sticker’ rather than trying to do it whiles the cabinet was vertical.

I’ve had a tiny bit of experience apply vinyl to small things in the past, but not much experience.  To say I was nervous about doing this probably doesn’t cover it, as I was all too aware how horribly wrong it could go.

I had it in mind that I would probably spend 1-2 hours applying both sides.  I would say closer to 4 hours by the time I was done.  The first side was a nightmare as I hadn’t honed my technique, air bubbles everywhere, battling with the vinyl wrapped around a tube with one hand, whilst trying to spread it out evenly with the other hand (I did this alone, no spare hands to help).  By the end of the first side I realised where I was going wrong, and luckily corrected a lot of my mistakes.  The second side went on super quick (1/4 of the time it took the first side) and with no issues at all, shows what a little bit of trial and error can do for learning I guess.

The coin door, likewise was a breeze.

Things changed up a bit when I took to my control panel.  I had always planned to wrap the contact surfaces on this, and using a laminated vinyl with a nice finish was always the plan to give this a professional finish.  Applying the vinyl was a bit of a logistical nightmare for numerous reasons revolving mostly around the control panel overlay, I got there in the end, and was very pleased with the end result.

IMG_20201115_143955.jpg

IMG_20201115_161533.jpg

IMG_20201115_172750.jpg

IMG_20201115_175705.jpg

IMG_20201115_185045.jpg

IMG_20201116_113634.jpg

IMG_20201116_225159.jpg

IMG_20201117_002701.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Vinyl

A while back I faced the decision of whether to paint the sides and coin door panel and add artwork, or go for a full ‘vinyl wrap’ for the whole sides and coin door.   Took me a while to decide and in the end I went with the wrap as I hoped it would give a more professional finish that I might be able to achieve with paint.

Reaching this step meant I could move the cabinet into the house, in a cleaner environment, and in the room I intend to keep the unit.  Lying it down seemed a far easier way to apply the large ‘sticker’ rather than trying to do it whiles the cabinet was vertical.

I’ve had a tiny bit of experience apply vinyl to small things in the past, but not much experience.  To say I was nervous about doing this probably doesn’t cover it, as I was all too aware how horribly wrong it could go.

I had it in mind that I would probably spend 1-2 hours applying both sides.  I would say closer to 4 hours by the time I was done.  The first side was a nightmare as I hadn’t honed my technique, air bubbles everywhere, battling with the vinyl wrapped around a tube with one hand, whilst trying to spread it out evenly with the other hand (I did this alone, no spare hands to help).  By the end of the first side I realised where I was going wrong, and luckily corrected a lot of my mistakes.  The second side went on super quick (1/4 of the time it took the first side) and with no issues at all, shows what a little bit of trial and error can do for learning I guess.

Things changed up a bit when I took to my control panel.  I had always planned to wrap the contact surfaces on this, and using a laminated vinyl with a nice finish was always the plan to give this a professional finish.  Applying the vinyl was a bit of a logistical nightmare for numerous reasons revolving mostly around the control panel overlay, I got there in the end, and was very pleased with the end result.

Hi Bod,

WOW! :-o:-o:-o  It just keeps getting amazing! The decal that you added to your MVS unit looks just like the versions that SNK placed on theirs Bod. I love how the results are looking better and better as you share the pics with us.  I'll let others know about this for them to be amazed bro. I'm sure they would love to see this from you. :)

Anthony...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Vinyl

IMG_20201115_143955.jpg

IMG_20201115_161533.jpg

IMG_20201115_172750.jpg

IMG_20201115_175705.jpg

IMG_20201115_185045.jpg

IMG_20201116_113634.jpg

IMG_20201116_225159.jpg

IMG_20201117_002701.jpg

That looks incredible,what an amazing work of art and skill.

You have amazing craftman talents for sure!

I am glad Anthony brought this to my attention because I am so glad to have been able to see you build that great cabinet.

I hope you have many years of enjoyment playing games on your beautiful machine!?

• Like 4