IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey everyone just stumbled across this thread and have some questions. I've always wanted a neo geo but don't know too much about them. I am looking to get a usa console and have some questions. I see lots of Neo Geo's on ebay from japan that look identical, atleast to me, to the usa consoles. Are they're any markings on the outside or underneath that distinguish the two easily? What would be a good price to pay for a stock unmodified console, power supply and 1 of the arcade sticks and what would be the best place to get one, maybe if someone knows someone looking to get rid of one? Thanks everyone! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

We are in for a real treat for sure. NBC News gave permission for this classic retro electronic gift ideas footage for the public to see that was aired 30 years ago. And the first of the many on the list was the Neo-Geo AES. Amazing. Simply amazing. 8^) 

From the description,

"December 12, 1990 This was The Gadget Guru's first appearance on NBC's Today Show. The theme was hot electronic holiday gifts and was hosted by Deborah Norville. Products featured in this video:

Neo Geo Video Game System

Sanyo Fisher Binocular Style Camcorder

In The Picture Video Following Device

Panasonic VHS-C Camcorder

Cobra Intenna Cordless Phone

Phone Mate ADAM All Digital Answering Machine

AT&T Digital Answering Machine

Motorola Wrist Pager VCR+ Automated VCR Programmer"

Anthony..

Wish they had used magician lord to demo it. I love seeing stuff like this. It must have been so exciting to see the neo for the first time

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Awesome video.  Shame they picked riding hero as the demo.  I’m still amazed by Panasonic’s positional tracking device - “I’d buy that for a dollar!”

Glad you liked the video Chris. I still like Panasonic a lot. I still think most of their devices are still top notch. When I was a boy growing up in the early 90's, I felt they made the best Televisions, VCR's and stereo systems. 

Anthony..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mx5dob said:

Wish they had used magician lord to demo it. I love seeing stuff like this. It must have been so exciting to see the neo for the first time

Thank you for seeing this with us Paul. This particular footage finally became available yesterday for the public to see again after 30 years for us to view. Really stunned me for sure on viewing this for the first time. ;-) 

Anthony..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BettyHordeClinic said:

Before I forget wishing Anthony and his family a very merry Christmas ? in fact everyone that takes part in this thread all have a very merry Christmas stay safe and lets have a better year next 2021

Take it easy everyone ?

Thank you very much for the thoughtful wishes Big Bill. Always a pleasure to have you on with us to see what we offer. We wish you a Merry Christmas to you and your love ones as well bro. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, INTVCruise said:

Hey everyone just stumbled across this thread and have some questions. I've always wanted a neo geo but don't know too much about them. I am looking to get a usa console and have some questions. I see lots of Neo Geo's on ebay from japan that look identical, atleast to me, to the usa consoles. Are they're any markings on the outside or underneath that distinguish the two easily? What would be a good price to pay for a stock unmodified console, power supply and 1 of the arcade sticks and what would be the best place to get one, maybe if someone knows someone looking to get rid of one? Thanks everyone! 

Hi INTV,

Thank you for seeing the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com and posting with us. Please enjoy your stay with us and viewing the many pages that we accumulated on here for our members and guest to view. Glad to have you aboard and look forward on reading more of your postings as time passes by. ;-)

Ah, a superb choice on the interest on purchasing a Neo-Geo AES for your collection. Will be glad to help you as much as possible  in order for you to acquire a unit INTV.

Now to help you with your questions. Yes, the AES units from all over the world look identical to each other. they all have the same looks. USA, Japanese, etc. It was one design shell piece since it started production from 1990-1997. But, the boards underneath the shells have revisions that change from time-to-time. As the serial numbers continued to get higher, so where the designs of the boards. But they still played all Neo-Geo games regardless. 

On identifying a USA or Japanese console, that's also possible as well. The Japanese consoles say "Neo-O", it's Japanese. If it says "Neo-AEC", it's a non-Japanese unit.

In regards to pricing, USA (or English) version systems will cost more since they happen to be more sought after since less were made compared to the Japanese consoles.  When it comes down to for a complete working English units, it will be around roughly $700-$900 loose depending on condition. Now if it was boxed, and complete, it would be in the $1200+ and up based on condition as well.  They go for good money to say the least.

Now you can go the Japanese route and find one complete as well for considerably less. You can find them off the internet starting at around $320 bucks loose. Of course, you'll have to install a Unibios chip inside them to have the option to play in English (or the language of your choice), but you'll be able to save a significant amount of money compared to the USA units. 

I also have to mention that all Neo-Geo AES consoles are region free. No matter where or when the units and games where available in the world, they will work regardless on them. Just the language barriers exist.

Same regards to the controllers. The rectangle & bean style controllers will work. The handheld Neo Geo CD controllers will work as well. Not the Neo Geo Mini or Neo Geo X ones. Those will have to be modded for it to work on the AES.

If you like links to further assist you on where to buy or auction off, will be glad to help you further INTV. 

Thank you again for stopping by and posting with us INTV. Anymore questions, feel free to ask, will be here to give you a helping hand. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Anthony,for taking great care of this thread,and all the rest of the Neo-Geo fans.

Enjoy,and play some games everyone!??

Hi Dale,

Thank you very much for the thoughtful words and we are always glad to have you here on the Neo-Geo thread and throughout the AtariAge forums. Enjoy the day with family and friends Dale. ;-)

Anthony..

Hi everyone.

Wishing you and your love ones a Merry Christmas. Thank you to all of our members and guest that come by the Neo-Geo thread here on Atariage.com to see all the postings that we have to offer. Keep up the great work everyone. Enjoy the day with family and friends.. ;-)

Arcade Stick Pro Christmas Limited Bundle pour Neo Geo: Amazon.co.uk: PC &  Video Games

NEO GEO Christmas Easter Eggs - Page 2

Christmas Eve by Sasisage : metalslug

Brian Hargrove on Twitter: "Merry Christmas Mai poster from the Sega Saturn  version of Real Bout Special. Best. Santa. Ever. #SNK #NeoGeo #KOFXIV #ネオジオ  #RETROGAMING… https://t.co/4Cam7EMcYT"

Merry Christmas Maggots! : salty

Double Santa :D by emmakof | King of fighters, Santa, Christmas sweaters

Merry Christmas!!! by emmakof in 2020 | King of fighters, Merry, Doom demons

公式】KOF ALLSTAR auf Twitter: "\?MERRY CHRISTMAS?/ KOFAS2回目のクリスマスを祝うべく  メリークリスマスファイターと ホーリークリスマスファイターが大集合! クリスマスはKOFASとともに? #KOFAS #KOF… "

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

On 12/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, Mx5dob said:

On 12/24/2020 at 4:59 PM, BettyHordeClinic said:

On 12/24/2020 at 10:46 AM, INTVCruise said:

On 12/24/2020 at 5:18 AM, Mikebloke said:

?

On 12/23/2020 at 10:58 AM, Hwlngmad said:

On 12/23/2020 at 9:12 PM, GoldLeader said:

On 12/24/2020 at 3:47 AM, Bod2019 said:

On 12/16/2020 at 3:34 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

On 12/16/2020 at 1:30 PM, CZroe said:

On 12/12/2020 at 8:41 PM, Tanooki said:

On 12/15/2020 at 8:48 AM, IntelliMission said:

On 12/9/2020 at 4:17 AM, Mikebloke said:

On 12/12/2020 at 7:54 AM, ohfivepro said:

On 3/25/2014 at 12:41 PM, Reaperman said:

On 4/4/2014 at 9:06 AM, mtshark7 said:

On 4/11/2014 at 10:41 AM, Punisher5.0 said:

On 5/4/2014 at 12:59 AM, retrorussell said:

Hi everyone.

Hope you and your love ones are having a wonderful Christmas. I figured to continue to go back to the Neo-Geo thread archives here and found a real treat that i recently posted on the thread. 

Here is a video of the once popular show Video Power hosed by Johnny Arcade in 1991. In the contest that was offered at the time, a contestant had a change to win a Neo-Geo AES Gold System. Look at the size of that box! It was almost covered the kid. :D

Did he win it folks? Let's find out shall we. If it was me at the time, I would make it my business to win it at all cost. :D Enjoy. ;-)

From the description,

"So this is a short clip from an old show Video Power, which aired between 1990-1992. The show was designed around having kids compete in different video games and were eliminated based on lowest score. What you're seeing in this clip is the final part of the show where the show's top scored gets to run through and pick out whatever video games he/she wanted; we also see him pick out a very specific game in order to win the grand prize, a new NeoGeo system.

So for anyone that remembers this show, take it all in. We see an appearance of the Miracle piano system, the classic best console of the time the NeoGeo, I think I caught a Super Nintendo box there somewhere, but most of it was NES and Sega 8-bit stuff. I especially like that in order to get on the show, the letter you send need only contain 5 words.

Anyway, the kid in this clip is "Mark", so Mark if you happen to watch this video one day be sure to comment and let us know how you're doing. "

Anthony. 

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

【特効カードのご紹介】 イベント「サンタクロースを取り返せ!」で編成することでイベントポイントがたくさん手に入るカードのご紹介

「GIFT FOR YOU」ガチャにて登場する カードが特効対象に!

覚醒させるとさらに効果アップ! #KOFG #KOF乙女 #KOFG1周年
Translated from Japanese by
[Introduction of special effects card] Introducing cards that you can get a lot of event points by organizing at the event "Regain Santa Claus!"

Cards appearing in the "GIFT FOR YOU" gacha are eligible for special effects!

Awakening will further improve the effect! #KOFG#KOF乙女#KOFG1周年

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【KOF #クリスマス

大合戦開催】 女性格闘家、あるいは男性格闘家? 下記のハッシュタグで好きなチームを応援しよう! 〆12/31 12時 <大合戦の結果によってボーナス配布> 女性チーム→⑤名様に #アマギフ 5000円分 男性チーム→⑤名様にダイヤ1000個&プラチナガチャコイン20枚 #KOF98UMOL
[KOF #クリスマス

Great battle held] Female fighter or male fighter? Support your favorite team with the hashtags below! 〆12/31 12:00 <Distribution of bonuses depending on the result of the Great Battle> Female team →⑤ To the person #アマギフ 5000 yen male team →⑤ 1000 diamonds & 20 platinum gacha coins for each person #KOF98UMOL

MR9-xM1t?format=jpg&name=900x900

Tweet #女性格闘家チーム
Tweet #男性格闘家チーム

Anthony..

Hey guys, posted a listing in the wanted section for a loose copy of magician lord on the neo geo aes, the us version, figured it might help to post here too. If anyone has an extra loose cart they are looking to get rid of let me know, willing to pay the market rate. I prefer loose over boxed since AES is already expensive enough lol. Thank you! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INTVCruise said:

Hey guys, posted a listing in the wanted section for a loose copy of magician lord on the neo geo aes, the us version, figured it might help to post here too. If anyone has an extra loose cart they are looking to get rid of let me know, willing to pay the market rate. I prefer loose over boxed since AES is already expensive enough lol. Thank you! 

Hi INTV,

Glad to see you back and just PM'ed you. ;-)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■商品情報■VSアクリルスタンド 草薙京vs歴代ライバルの掛け合いをアクリルスタンドで再現しました

こだわりの台座にも是非ご注目ください( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) #草薙京展 #草薙京 #KOF #SNK #INDOR
■ Product information ■ VS Acrylic Stand Kyo Kusanagi vs Successive Rivals Reproduced with Acrylic Stand

Please pay attention to the particular pedestal (͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °) #草薙京展#草薙京#KOF#SNK#INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【旧友音楽祭】開催! 友達を呼び戻ろう!年末年始に旧友と一緒に素敵な音楽を奏でよう!色んなアイテムがもらえるよ! 初開催は全サーバー参加できる!次回からはルール通りになるのでご注意ください。 詳しくはゲーム内のキャンペーンをご確認ください http://bit.ly/2LaJzi1 #KOF98UMOL
[Old friend music festival] held! Let's bring back friends! Let's play wonderful music with old friends during the New Year holidays! You can get various items! All servers can participate in the first event! Please note that the rules will be followed from the next time. Please check the in-game campaign for details http://bit.ly/2LaJzi1 #KOF98UMOL

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【酒樽を割ってダイヤゲット】 ダイヤ購入で鏡開き用のハンマーをゲット ハンマーは1日10個まで!購入チャンスは毎日リセット! 酒樽割りは3回に1回は10倍のダイヤをゲットできます 詳しくはゲーム内のキャンペーンをご確認ください http://bit.ly/2LaJzi1 #KOF98UMOL
[Break the sake barrel and get a diamond] Get a hammer for opening the mirror by purchasing a diamond Up to 10 hammers a day! Purchase opportunities are reset every day! You can get 10 times more diamonds once every three times. Please check the in-game campaign for details http://bit.ly/2LaJzi1 #KOF98UMOL

Anthony..

On 12/24/2020 at 5:18 AM, Mikebloke said:

?

On 12/24/2020 at 10:46 AM, INTVCruise said:

On 12/24/2020 at 4:59 PM, BettyHordeClinic said:

On 12/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, Mx5dob said:

On 12/25/2020 at 2:14 AM, wolfy62 said:

8 hours ago, ohfivepro said:

On 12/23/2020 at 10:58 AM, Hwlngmad said:

On 12/23/2020 at 9:12 PM, GoldLeader said:

On 12/24/2020 at 3:47 AM, Bod2019 said:

On 3/25/2014 at 12:41 PM, Reaperman said:

On 4/4/2014 at 9:06 AM, mtshark7 said:

On 4/11/2014 at 10:41 AM, Punisher5.0 said:

On 5/4/2014 at 12:59 AM, retrorussell said:

On 12/16/2020 at 3:34 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

On 12/16/2020 at 9:30 AM, Hwlngmad said:

On 12/16/2020 at 1:30 PM, CZroe said:

On 12/12/2020 at 8:41 PM, Tanooki said:

Hi guys,

Back with some more weekend SNK Anime. How about we get our popcorn and soda pop to watch Art Of Fighting. Enjoy. 8^)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

On 12/24/2020 at 7:46 AM, INTVCruise said:

Check out any old gaming shops in your area-- you might get lucky.  Or perhaps better yet look for any gaming conventions that might come your way.  That's where I got my NEO GEO home system.  If you can get a memory card off eBay you can transfer your progress to a NEO GEO cabinet with the same game and pick up where you left off!

• Like 1