IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with Aussie Freak Gamers with another fun video to watch. Here we see him doing an unboxing and review of Samurai Shodown 6 for the PS4 that is made avalible by Limited Run Games. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Samurai Shodown 6 - Limited Run (PS4) - Unboxing and Overview Welcome back to another video. In this video, I do an unboxing of a Limited Run release, Samurai Shodown 6. I also show some gameplay and talk about the game. I absolutely love the Samurai Shodown series. Samurai Shodown VI, known as Samurai Spirits: Tale of the World's Greatest Swordsman is the tenth iteration in the Samurai Shodown series. The game features new backgrounds with 2D and 3D elements, as well as a returning cast of all 28 characters from Samurai Shodown V Special, 2 sub-bosses from Samurai Shodown V, as well as all 7 characters from Samurai Shodown and Samurai Shodown II that didn't appear in later games, and 4 new characters. It also features a "spirit select" system, which allows players to choose between six different fighting styles based on all previous installments. The game was originally released onto the arcade hardware, Sammy Atomiswave but has since come to home consoles such as PS2, PSP, Wii and the Dreamcast. "

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

お正月に出そうと思ってたものがやっと出せました。

世代交代したKOFとサムライS3をお楽しみに。 #KOF15 #samuraishodown #サムライスピリッツ
Translated from Japanese by
I finally got what I was thinking of putting out on New Year's Day.

Please look forward to the changed generations of KOF and Samurai S3. #KOF15#samuraishodown#サムライスピリッツ

Anthony..

On 1/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, fdurso224 said:

Hey SegaSnatcher,

In my books, the MiSTer Neo Geo core looks accurate to me. Although I haven't tried it myself. But friends and YouTubers that I follow say it has it's quirks to it. But overall it's worth it. :)

Anthony..

Heard the same thing, MisTer is pretty close to 100% hardware emulation, just that Field-programmable gate array the hardware on new modern hardware doesn't mean it will run exactly how it does on retro hardware. Especially if you emulating the entire console/arcade machine.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 5:54 PM, fdurso224 said:

Same here Zoyous. The last Neo-Geo Cab I saw in the wild is a MVS 4 slot. But that was years ago. Maybe 15 years to be exact.

Anthony..

Last one i seen was about 4 years at Regal Movies Culpeper, VA

They had s 2 slot I believe and they may still have it as I haven't been there since

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

This one bring back memories!. I think the same advertisement was used in Spain, i guess (i don't really remember) with different contact information for our local distributor. 

Glad that it does Pancho. I think I remember seeing this in a newsstand once. Now too sure where though. But glad you like it. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mx5dob said:

It looks pretty good... the main problem I see is that the Artbook has nearly half the pages (and smaller in size) to the first version of KOF XIV when there are even more fighters... then again, the artbook (and anything else) has to fit inside the NeoGeo game case and there is only so much room in there ?

KOF_XIV_Prem-CE_copy_784x480.jpg

• Like 2

Hi guys,

SNK and Pix'n Love are pleased to present the KOF XIV UE Collector's physical edition for PS4!

This legendary fighting game will be available in two limited versions: Collector's Edition and Deluxe Edition! Stay tuned…

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

The KOF XIV UE Collector's Edition unveils its content!

Limited and numbered at 2000 copies, this edition includes an official NEOGEO snap case, the PS4 game, an 80-page artbook

, the OST

and 7 lithographs. See you later today to find out about the Deluxe Edition!

Anthony..

• Like 2

All the SNK releases by PixnLove_Store are fairly similar, if it helps to get an idea about KOF XIV Ultimate, this is the Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection... Something that doesn't translate very well into pictures is the quality of the artbook... it doesn't have that many pages, it doesn't have hard covers but the paper and the printing quality doesn't get much better.

IMG_20210109_174315_copy_960x1280.jpg

IMG_20210109_174801_copy_960x720.jpg

IMG_20210109_175909_copy_960x720.jpg

IMG_20210109_174951_copy_960x720.jpg

IMG_20210109_174733_copy_960x720.jpg

IMG_20210109_175111_copy_960x1280.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NeoPancho said:

All the SNK releases by PixnLove_Store are fairly similar, if it helps to get an idea about KOF XIV Ultimate, this is the Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection... Something that doesn't translate very well into pictures is the quality of the artbook... it doesn't have that many pages, it doesn't have hard covers but the paper and the printing quality doesn't get much better.

IMG_20210109_174315_copy_960x1280.jpg

IMG_20210109_174801_copy_960x720.jpg

IMG_20210109_175909_copy_960x720.jpg

IMG_20210109_174951_copy_960x720.jpg

IMG_20210109_174733_copy_960x720.jpg

IMG_20210109_175111_copy_960x1280.jpg

That looks outstanding ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

Good observation and thank you for mentioning this to us Pancho. Thank you for looking out for us bro. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mx5dob said:

That looks outstanding ?

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

I 2nd that Paul. WOW!!! :lust:

Anthony..

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

Good observation and thank you for mentioning this to us Pancho. Thank you for looking out for us bro. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

The only problem i have is that the CD case is just a piece of cardboar folded, it looks elegant, but...

The collector edition for Samurai Shodown (2019) for Switch was also very similar:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Neo_Pancho/status/1263703152001507328

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BettyHordeClinic said:

Hello all hope you are well I recently did a small mod to my NeoGeo CD very easy if I can do it anyone can ? Step by step Mod

Thank you so much for sharing this excellent tech video Big Bill. Will be keeping this for references to help us and others out when we need to do the mod from Japanese to English kind sir. Always a pleasure to have you on with us my good man. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XIV UE】 Includes 8 DLC Characters, 10 DLC Costumes, and 10 PS4 Home Themes! The KOF XIV ULTIMATE EDITION features a whopping 58 characters! #KOF #KOF14 >Official website https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/kofxivue/

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

「KOF14 ULTIMATE EDITION」発売を記念して、『KOF14 ULTIMATEチャンスキャンペーン』を開催! アカウントをフォロー&このツイートをRTで、KOF14に出演する声優さんのサイン色紙やQUOカードをプレゼント

▼詳細はコチラ https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=313 #SNK #KOF14UE #KOF
Translated from Japanese by
In commemoration of the release of "KOF14 ULTIMATE EDITION", "KOF14 ULTIMATE Chance Campaign" will be held! Follow your account & give this tweet as a gift of autographed colored paper and QUO card of the voice actor who appears in KOF14 at RT

▼ Click here for details https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=313 #SNK#KOF14UE#KOF

Anthony..