IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【KOF XIV UE】 KOF XIV UE for PS4 is now available to download in Northern American territories. With 58 characters to choose from, this ULTIMATE EDITION will blow you away! #KOF #KOF14 https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/kofxivue/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

第8回師弟杯はKOF14で開催! 2/7(日)13時、「KOF14師弟杯」を開催いたします。 現在13組にエントリーいただいております。 詳細はリンクから。 師弟杯はSNK e-Sports Support Programにて支援いただきます。 #KOF14師弟杯 https://tonamel.com/competition/VcS0C
Translated from Japanese by
The 8th Master and Disciple Cup will be held at KOF14! The "KOF14 Master and Disciple Cup" will be held at 13:00 on 2/7 (Sun). Currently, we have 13 groups of entries. Click the link for details. The Master and Disciple Cup will be supported by the SNK e-Sports Support Program. #KOF14師弟杯 https://tonamel.com/competition/VcS0C

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■商品情報■ 日輪パーカー(L/XL) 京の代名詞である日輪マークにクールな線画イラストをあしらったかっこいいパーカーです。 日輪はよく見ると……

! 寒い季節に重宝します

#草薙京展 #草薙京 #KOF #SNK #INDOR
■ Product information ■ Sunflower Parker (L / XL) A cool hoodie with a cool line art illustration on the sunflower mark, which is synonymous with Kyoto. If you look closely at the sunflower ...

!! Useful in the cold season

#草薙京展#草薙京#KOF#SNK#INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■お知らせ■ 2021/1/20(水)~2/10(水)まで、 #THE_AKIHABARA_CONTAiNER にて、 #NEOGEOGOODSSHOP 開催決定! 過去の人気アイテムが20%OFF(※一部除く)で購入できる大チャンス

また、期間中に追加の一部新商品は #SNKオンラインショップ での事後通販もあります! ※無理のない範囲でお越し下さい。
■ Notice ■ From 2021/1/20 (Wednesday) to 2/10 (Wednesday) #THE_AKIHABARA_CONTAiNER At #NEOGEOGOODSSHOP Held decision! 20% off past popular items (※ Great chance to purchase at (excluding some)

In addition, some new products added during the period #SNKオンラインショップ There is also a post-order mail order at! ※ Please come within a reasonable range.

Anthony..

Starting to look Neo Geo prices. I'm planning to someday buy an AES with KOF 98 as starting pack (Japanese because are cheaper and RED BLOOD), then a Samurai Showdown/Spirits. Prices are usually 400+/- for console and 150/300 for one of those games. Any tips for it?

It's a LONG TERM project. I have to buy first other games and systems BTW...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KD-0082 said:

Starting to look Neo Geo prices. I'm planning to someday buy an AES with KOF 98 as starting pack (Japanese because are cheaper and RED BLOOD), then a Samurai Showdown/Spirits. Prices are usually 400+/- for console and 150/300 for one of those games. Any tips for it?

It's a LONG TERM project. I have to buy first other games and systems BTW...

Hey KD,

One of my ways on buying Neo-Geo AES units was purchasing them broken and try to have them repaired. Now it varies on the problems and how much it will cost with parts and labor, but maybe you like to go this route to see if you can save money?

Anthony..  

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I've been using my OMVS for a month now and it's FANTASTIC. Perfect video and crystal clear audio. It's the DEFINITIVE consolized Neo Geo MVS system. It's THAT good. You can order from https://taitoc.org #NeoGeo

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Did you pre-order the OMVS and want to pick up a cart slot dust cover? I have them available in my shop: https://retrofrog.net/products/omvs-neo-geo-cartridge-slot-dust-cover Have a 3d printer and want to print your own? It's also on thingiverse: https://thingiverse.com/thing:4731049 #NeoGeo

Anthony...

Hi guys,

今週は明天君のトレーラーが公開されましたね! 明天君はいつも眠そう…というか、むしろ眠りながら戦う少年ファイターで、シュンエイの親友でもあります。 KOF XVではどんな活躍をみせてくれるんでしょうか(●ˇ∀ˇ●) #SNK #KOF #KOF15 #明天君
Meitenkun's trailer has been released this week! Meitenkun always seems sleepy ... Rather, he is a boy fighter who fights while sleeping, and is also Shun'ei's best friend. What kind of activity will KOF XV show?● ˇ∀ ˇ● ) #SNK#KOF#KOF15#明天君
Quote Tweet

PVwcfwuR_normal.jpg

SNK JAPAN

@SNKPofficial_jp
· 5h
【KOF XV】 「強くなるヒケツはね~。夜早く寝て、朝二度寝して、昼寝を欠かさないことだよ。」 明天君(CV:劉セイラ)のキャラクタートレーラーを公開! >Character Trailer #2 (4K) https://youtu.be/i-cAk1hPt9Q #SNK #KOF #KOF15 #明天君 #劉セイラ さん

Anthony...

12 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hey KD,

One of my ways on buying Neo-Geo AES units was purchasing them broken and try to have them repaired. Now it varies on the problems and how much it will cost with parts and labor, but maybe you like to go this route to see if you can save money?

Anthony..  

Right now there is no "broken condition" ones. The worst I've found is a unit with a reset button not working properly. And it's not THAT cheap. For 30 more bucks I have another working perfectly. Total more or less 300€ (not including parcels and sending).

BTW anyone have looked at Rage of the Dragons? It was a very good fighting tag-team game. It was a bit of downside on my inner circle because they were expecting a "Garou clone" but was something different. Nowadays I consider it a VERY good game, and reviews of its time were very good also.

Good luck finding one AES for less than 3000€ tho....

https://now.estarland.com/images/products/11/26311/Rage%20of%20the%20Dragons%20Neo%20Geo%20AES.jpg

• Like 2

Here is a longplay of "Rage of the Dragons", by the way. It was an homage to the original "Double Dragon" Neo Geo game (which was an old and quite average game for my taste, and also based on the INFAMOUS Double Dragon movie), this one definitely "saved" the Double Dragon reputation IMHO. A pity that they couldn't have the rights for being official

On may 2020 Piko Interactive acquired the IP and expressed interest in using it in some way, according Wikipedia and other sources ( https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-11/piko-interactive-acquires-rights-to-rage-of-the-dragons-game/.159447 ) :

Edited by KD-0082
Forgot to add more details to post
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, KD-0082 said:

Here is a longplay of "Rage of the Dragons", by the way. It was an homage to the original "Double Dragon" Neo Geo game (which was an old and quite average game for my taste, and also based on the INFAMOUS Double Dragon movie), this one definitely "saved" the Double Dragon reputation IMHO. A pity that they couldn't have the rights for being official

On may 2020 Piko Interactive acquired the IP and expressed interest in using it in some way, according Wikipedia and other sources ( https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-11/piko-interactive-acquires-rights-to-rage-of-the-dragons-game/.159447 ) :

I love Rage of the Dragons KD. I purchased a copy new on the Neo Store in 2002 in English. I was amazed how they were still making quality games for theNeo-Geo even the unit was 12 years old.

That's true KD, Eli from Piko Interactive acquired the rights. He's also trying to make ports available for the Neo-Geo. He comes on the Neo-Geo thread and asks for suggestions. 

Here's an old pic of my Rage of the Dragons for the AES. I still have it in the collection. 

The Official NEO-GEO Thread! - Page 182 - Classic Console Discussion -  AtariAge Forums

Anthony..

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

I love Rage of the Dragons KD. I purchased a copy new on the Neo Store in 2002 in English. I was amazed how they were still making quality games for theNeo-Geo even the unit was 12 years old.

That's true KD, Eli from Piko Interactive acquired the rights. He's also trying to make ports available for the Neo-Geo. He comes on the Neo-Geo thread and asks for suggestions. 

Here's an old pic of my Rage of the Dragons for the AES. I still have it in the collection. 

The Official NEO-GEO Thread! - Page 182 - Classic Console Discussion -  AtariAge Forums

Anthony..

O-M-G....you have THIS, complete and when it was in official store. Treasure it, nowadays it's near 3000€, but of course, enjoy it, games are for that BTW.

Did'nt knew that in this thread was someone from Piko itself! that's cool too. Hope to see those and many more games at least, ported to new systems, "Limited Run" or digital stores! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KD-0082 said:

O-M-G....you have THIS, complete and when it was in official store. Treasure it, nowadays it's near 3000€, but of course, enjoy it, games are for that BTW.

Did'nt knew that in this thread was someone from Piko itself! that's cool too. Hope to see those and many more games at least, ported to new systems, "Limited Run" or digital stores! :D

Glad you like it KD. I still have the poster and the Rage of the Dragons Purple shirt that came with it in the plastic as well. I originally wanted to buy the game in Japanese, but they were all sold out, so I had no other choice and purchased the English version instead. But it turned out to be better in the long run since that particular version is worth more.

That's right bro, Eli from Piko Interactive comes by to say hello and give us updates on what he's doing with porting his games onto he Neo-Geo. If you like me to ask him to come over to the thread, I'll be glad to do so for you.  

Also, here's the link to his profile on Atariage if you like to ask him a question down the line. :)

https://atariage.com/forums/profile/35269-pikointeractive/

Anthony...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, enoofu said:

Have you tried Japanese seller sites or retro stores?

Heard Yahoo Japan probably sells more Arcade and arcade related stuff then Ebay, though you would need to go though a few hoops to get it shipped overseas.

I agree enoofu. Yahoo auctions has lots of Arcade and other good products on there. But I stopped because it was a royal pain to get it shipped here. :(

Anthony..

10 minutes ago, enoofu said:

Yeah Yahoo is well known for being a pain... Probably a lot worst now with Covid and New Year just passing.

Though Ebay is well.... Overpriced..

So true enoofu, I can imagine what would need to be done just to have anything shipped over here on Yahoo auction. Probably just about impossible to do at this point.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

On 1/5/2021 at 11:00 AM, Serguei2 said:

On 1/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, 128Kgames said:

On 1/5/2021 at 10:04 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

On 1/6/2021 at 12:43 AM, eightbit said:

On 1/6/2021 at 12:44 AM, Reaperman said:

On 1/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, Hwlngmad said:

On 1/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, Mikebloke said:

On 1/7/2021 at 10:41 AM, ls650 said:

On 1/8/2021 at 11:00 AM, NeoPancho said:

On 1/10/2021 at 8:48 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

On 1/11/2021 at 9:01 AM, sn8k said:

On 1/20/2021 at 12:42 PM, glazball said:

23 hours ago, KD-0082 said:

49 minutes ago, enoofu said:

On 1/17/2021 at 6:24 AM, ohfivepro said:

On 1/17/2021 at 11:32 PM, CZroe said:

On 1/15/2021 at 10:07 AM, Bod2019 said:

On 1/13/2021 at 6:35 AM, Aussie Freak Gamers said:

On 1/14/2021 at 3:12 AM, Mx5dob said:

Hi guys,

Guess what? Marco from 7BlackJack8 replied back about his homebrew of Neo Thunder X. After showing him the interest that we had towards his project, he going to continue on with it. Been over three years, but glad he's back continuing where he left off :)

Hey bro. Long time no see. Hope all is well with you and your love ones during these hectic times. How things coming along with Neo Thunder X? We haven't seen new footage of it in a while. Anthony..

Hi, stay tuned soon will be probably see some update, and big thanks for your attention since it gives me support and good will to proceed on this outstanding but hard journey ;-)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3