IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Back with RetroGeo sharing more on his progress of his Neo-Geo homebrew The Eye of Typhoon. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"This is the development progress as of January 30 2021 running on PC development version. Enjoy :-)"

Anthony...

It seems to be progressing nicely, maybe it's just me but the hit detection looks to be way better than in the previous video.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

It seems to be progressing nicely, maybe it's just me but the hit detection looks to be way better than in the previous video.

I agree with that Pancho. He progressed quite nicely and glad that his skills are showing that he wants this to be successful. 

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【本日のイベント】※拡散希望 4周年イベント本日最終日となります!!!パパーン

TO3の原点であるKOF14による2on2トーナメント! いつもTO3を支えてくださる皆様へ

今日も戦いの舞台をプレゼントします

12:00~KOF14 共闘演武2いよいよ開催となります! 配信URL https://youtu.be/qbFp8KU5_HM
Translated from Japanese by
[Today's event]※ Hope to spread 4th Anniversary Event Today is the last day! !! !! Paper

2on2 tournament by KOF14 which is the origin of TO3! To everyone who always supports TO3

I will present the stage of the battle today as well

12: 00-KOF14 KOF14 Kyodo Performance 2 will finally be held! Delivery URL https://youtu.be/qbFp8KU5_HM

Anthony...

Hi guys,

■新商品予告!■ 来週発売の「VSアクリルスタンド」各1,200円+税 現在作成中です!詳しい発売日が決まり次第このアカウントからお知らせします

また、#SNKオンラインショップ でも後日販売予定!

ランダムじゃなく選べます! ※本商品はセール対象外です。 #NGGS #NEOGEOGOODSSHOP
■ New product notice!■ "VS Acrylic Stand" to be released next week 1,200 yen each + tax Currently under construction! We will inform you from this account as soon as the detailed release date is decided

Also,#SNKオンラインショップ But it will be on sale at a later date!

You can choose instead of random! ※ This product is not on sale. #NGGS#NEOGEOGOODSSHOP

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

■予告!■ 選べるノベルティに、新作「SNKオールスターミニパブミラー」が登場予定

現在作成中です

テリーやリョウ、覇王丸の他ワーヒーキャラまで

来週発売の新商品と一緒に配布されます

8,000円(税抜き)以上でもらえます

※ノベルティは店舗のみの配布となります。 #NGGS #NEOGEOGOODSSHOP
■ Notice!■ New "SNK Allstar Mini Pub Mirror" will be released as a novelty item to choose from

Currently under construction

Terry, Ryo, Haohmaru and other Wahhee characters

Will be distributed with new products coming out next week

You can get more than 8,000 yen (excluding tax)

※ Novelties will be distributed only to stores. #NGGS#NEOGEOGOODSSHOP

Anthony.

7 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

MVS convert, sadly.

Yep... looking for the GB games it surprised me that the NG version was actually cheaper, of course it's a MVS convert, but still... ?.

@TanookiOuch ?! My bad, I copied the wrong tab link before! ?
This is the link for the game complete with box for GameBoy:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c739606650

13 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

@Tanooki If you don't mind using a middleman service...

Game with the box:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s800639516

A bunch of loose games including MIE:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f348819843

Top one is AES, the other seems to be a lot you buy all of?  I don't have any middle man service, so not sure how I'd get my hands on that.  I see a GB game in there I really love in that big spread of games too as well.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Top one is AES, the other seems to be a lot you buy all of?  I don't have any middle man service, so not sure how I'd get my hands on that.  I see a GB game in there I really love in that big spread of games too as well.

Yep, i copied the link from the wrong tab ?, check the message above yours!.

About the middleman service, pretty much in any page of Yahoo Japan there's a banner at the top about a company called "buyee", i have used it a couple of times and it works just fine, but usually (for many years now) i use this service:

https://www.goody-japan.com/

What you have to take in consideration is that aside of the item, you will be paying 2 shipping cost (from the seller to the middleman, and then from the middleman to your house which you won't really know until the middleman has the item and can quote you), the middleman fee, and some other not so obvious fees (actually Yahoo Japan charges you for paying by credit card and bank transfers also cost money and you have to pay that extra cost)... and of course custom fees depending of your country. ?

Edit: Yes, the second auction is for all the GameBoy games.

Edited by NeoPancho

55 minutes ago, NeoPancho said:

Yep, i copied the link from the wrong tab ?, check the message above yours!.

About the middleman service, pretty much in any page of Yahoo Japan there's a banner at the top about a company called "buyee", i have used it a couple of times and it works just fine, but usually (for many years now) i use this service:

https://www.goody-japan.com/

What you have to take in consideration is that aside of the item, you will be paying 2 shipping cost (from the seller to the middleman, and then from the middleman to your house which you won't really know until the middleman has the item and can quote you), the middleman fee, and some other not so obvious fees (actually Yahoo Japan charges you for paying by credit card and bank transfers also cost money and you have to pay that extra cost)... and of course custom fees depending of your country. ?

Edit: Yes, the second auction is for all the GameBoy games.

Ever heard of zenmarket?  They seem to have a flat $3 charge to use their site, then whatever the cost is of the mail from them to me here with many shipping choices.

https://zenmarket.jp/en/auction.aspx?itemCode=f348819843

What caught my eye is that red one there with the silver knight, that's a favorite of mine from the mid 90s, it rarely shows up for an honest price on ebay, mostly it's twatish trolls wanting $100 for it and it's not worth anything north of 1/2 that.  With that, a couple others, and primarily money idol exchanger that's a big thing for me.

Ever heard of zenmarket?  They seem to have a flat $3 charge to use their site, then whatever the cost is of the mail from them to me here with many shipping choices.

https://zenmarket.jp/en/auction.aspx?itemCode=f348819843

What caught my eye is that red one there with the silver knight, that's a favorite of mine from the mid 90s, it rarely shows up for an honest price on ebay, mostly it's twatish trolls wanting $100 for it and it's not worth anything north of 1/2 that.  With that, a couple others, and primarily money idol exchanger that's a big thing for me.

Yeah... ebay can be a bit surreal with some prices ?. I haven't used that service so i don't really have an opinion, but  i have heard about them, i think they are official partners with SNK for their online store.

13 minutes ago, NeoPancho said:

Yeah... ebay can be a bit surreal with some prices ?. I haven't used that service so i don't really have an opinion, but  i have heard about them, i think they are official partners with SNK for their online store.

Yes I did see that and they are just that.  The main site had this blue/white button I think had Kyo on it for SNK official.  I don't know if I'd use this much, but I registered over gmail for it at least it'll cover their $3 processing fee for the first bite.

I noticed all of them make you pre-load an amount before bidding, not sure I'm happy about that.  What like happens to the remaining funds you know?  It's like are they stuck, can you refund any spare change?  I couldn't find it on there, buyee either (they do it the same too) and a third I located.  This one I did sign onto seems more easy to navigate and the least abusive on fees.  If I could really get that NG port and knockoff a 15 year~ want to get back into my hands of Esparks avoiding ebay trolls I'm feeling highly motivated.

Yes I did see that and they are just that.  The main site had this blue/white button I think had Kyo on it for SNK official.  I don't know if I'd use this much, but I registered over gmail for it at least it'll cover their $3 processing fee for the first bite.

I noticed all of them make you pre-load an amount before bidding, not sure I'm happy about that.  What like happens to the remaining funds you know?  It's like are they stuck, can you refund any spare change?  I couldn't find it on there, buyee either (they do it the same too) and a third I located.  This one I did sign onto seems more easy to navigate and the least abusive on fees.  If I could really get that NG port and knockoff a 15 year~ want to get back into my hands of Esparks avoiding ebay trolls I'm feeling highly motivated.

I understand that you don't like paying ahead of time... but it makes sense, imagine that they bid in your behalf without charging anything... and once the auction end, you change your mind, you don't want it any longer,  and of course you are not paying for something you don't want... without anyway to enforce your payment, they are in trouble... now, it's not only you it's a few hundred users ?...

Goody Japan used to have a multiplier, in that you would deposit 100$ (for example) and they would allow you to bid up to 150 or 200$, but they must have had some bad experiences because i think it's gone or severely more limited.

About the deposit, i have used 4 or 5 different companies along the years and they all worked a bit different but in one way or another you are getting it back. In my experience, you can leave any money left to the service to be able to bid the next time or you can just claim it back.

13 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

■新商品予告!■ 来週発売の「VSアクリルスタンド」各1,200円+税 現在作成中です!詳しい発売日が決まり次第このアカウントからお知らせします

また、#SNKオンラインショップ でも後日販売予定!

ランダムじゃなく選べます! ※本商品はセール対象外です。 #NGGS #NEOGEOGOODSSHOP
■ New product notice!■ "VS Acrylic Stand" to be released next week 1,200 yen each + tax Currently under construction! We will inform you from this account as soon as the detailed release date is decided

Also,#SNKオンラインショップ But it will be on sale at a later date!

You can choose instead of random! ※ This product is not on sale. #NGGS#NEOGEOGOODSSHOP

Anthony..

I wouldn't mind getting some of these!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

We're looking to commission a pixel artist to create a NEOGEO-style still mock-up of a game. Just a single screen. Finished image would look similar to image below. If you're interested and are confident in this style, DM us!

Anthony..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steril707 said:

Some first screenshots of my running NeoGeo SHMUP prototype.

Just started to convert my assets, I am planning to let this look a lot better in the end...

Will keep you updated. ; )

Oh WOW! These pics look amazing Steril. Liking them for sure. We would love to see a video of it when you're ready. Great way to start the week seeing this from you kind sir. Fantastic to say the least. :)

Anthony..

• Like 4

On 31/01/2021 at 8:51 AM, fdurso224 said:

I agree with that Pancho. He progressed quite nicely and glad that his skills are showing that he wants this to be successful. 

Anthony..

Great to see more progress but does need a fair amount if polish. Can't wait to see how it develops!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steril707 said:

Some first screenshots of my running NeoGeo SHMUP prototype.

inviyya1.thumb.png.034d22983630b899ec45f64852fa0b72.png

Inviyya3.thumb.png.ed94f38cb93914cd45b3cbcab46c9bbf.png

Inviyya2.thumb.png.de33d877cfaf178b9846c3c22bdc3f57.png

Just started to convert my assets, I am planning to let this look a lot better in the end...

Will keep you updated. ; )

It's looking great ?, it reminds me of R-Type which is always a good thing in my book!. I will be waiting for the next update.

• Like 2