IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

5 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

You are most welcome for posting the video.  Definitely both are good handhelds.  Personally, I would give the edge to the GBC, mainly because of its backwards capability and some really good games on it.  Still, the NGPC was a good little handheld that deserves some more attention, respect, and play imo.

That's true Ryan. Can't beat the backwards capability. A feature that makes it a naturai winner to choice. With all those Game Boy carts I had even back then, I spent hours enjoying seeing them in color...or trying to be color. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member Mr.Fox. It's been awhile since we posted any Neo-Geo content from him. So let's see a soundtrack comparison of Real Bout Fatal Fury AES vs the NGCD. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"

Here is an old video project of mine that I never completed or uploaded before. It's a soundtrack comparison for Real Bout Fatal Fury between the Neo Geo AES and CD versions of the game. I have added from what was supposed to be the original video: titles and the Geese fight gameplay. If you have 45 minutes to waste, this is it! "

Anthony..

• Like 2

Shame that Fatal Fury Special on the Sega CD just feels awful, while the PCE Engine CD version is a pleasure to play. The SCD version is missing the announcer, and background animations, while the PCE CD version has the announcer, and has a bit of the background animation that the arcade and other versions had.

Samurai Shodown on the Sega CD also suffers from the same problems as Fatal Fury Special suffers from as well. What I have heard is JVC and whomever worked on the game had no source code to work with, and had to build the games from scratch, and perhaps they didn't have enough RAM to run either game with.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bloodreign said:

What I have heard is JVC and whomever worked on the game had no source code to work with, and had to build the games from scratch, and perhaps they didn't have enough RAM to run either game with.

You know what Blood? I remember someone years ago at a Funcoland game store said that. He was store manager and was a huge Sega buff. He mention that you're better off not buying the Neo-Geo ports on the Sega CD and just rent it instead. He actually said that those games was worked with no source code, and the sprites looked weird when in motion with the frames cut off. Plus no screen zooming hurt as well. 

Amazing what comes to mind that hasn't been thought about after all these years. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

MicroMVS project has died. Sadness. I guess I'll try to get the OMVS instead.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:53 AM, fdurso224 said:

You're welcome Steve. Glad to help out. I check from time-to time to see if on NeoTurfMasta's site to see if he will do so bro. :)

WOW! A hyper Neo Geo 64 Steve? Yeah, that's definitely something you don't see everyday for sure. A lot of money of it, but awesome to see. :)

Anthony..

Yeah, I found a Hyper Neo Geo 64. They only made like 7 games for it before they switched back to the MVS. Not sure if I want one considering the games it has... yes, I do have a SuperGrafx and the complete SuperGrafx library, but still...

On 2/15/2021 at 9:55 AM, fdurso224 said:

Yikes. I remember you taking about that Steve. Man, what a shame. :_(

Anthony..

Yeah, the AES Twinkle Star Sprites that was next to Mark of the Wolves got sold, as well. I'll look around and see if I can find another AES copy of Mark of the Wolves. The price that Super Potato had for Mark of the Wolves was basically my limit for it, so hopefully I can find another copy eventually. Still, at least they had a beautiful copy of AES Real Bout 1 for a good price (~$100), so I bought that instead. The instruction manual isn't perfect, but it doesn't have to be. I also found an MVS Big Tournament Golf for 12000 yen at a different store. Cart-only, but since I'm not planning on opening an arcade...

On 2/15/2021 at 10:00 AM, fdurso224 said:

Speaking of which Steve. Atariage member @Mx5dob posted this.

#CIBsunday Hyper neo geo 64 kits: Fatal fury wild ambition and samurai spirits warriors rage. #arcade #snk #neogeo

Anthony..

Yeah, that's the exact same box that the Wild Ambition that I found comes with. They had another copy of Wild Ambition, as well, but I didn't check to see how much it was.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with RetroGeo on his progress of his Neo Geo Homebrew of The Eye of Typhoon. Looking good! :)

From the description,

"The Eye Of Typhoon [ Tsunami Edition ] / [ Saiki ] for the Neo.geo! +++ Pre-Alpha version +++ In this video 2 cpu driven players are fighting together :-)"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Drake from Blue-Eyes White Drake. Looks like he's having fun with Match of the Millennium. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Super excited to Play SNK vs Capcom NGPC out on the switch! Follow me at: www.instagram.com/blueeyeswhitedrake Join the Discord! https://discord.gg/x89GaYB

The 1999 NEOGEO POCKET COLOR fighter SNK VS. CAPCOM: THE MATCH OF THE MILLENNIUM is now available for Nintendo Switch™! SNK and CAPCOM brought their best fighters together for a fighting game extravaganza! It's the dream collab that can fit in your hands! -Fearsome fighters from killer series such as KOF, SAMURAI SHODOWN, STREET FIGHTER, and DARKSTALKERS clash fists in an all-out 26-fighter brawl!

-Choose from either Single, Tag, or Team-based fighting modes! Additionally, there are 3 different battle styles you can choose from!

-What's a fighting game without Survival, Time Attack, and Mini Games to keep you busy in-between bouts? Collect points and unlock those hidden characters!

-Of course, SNK VS CAPCOM: THE MATCH OF THE MILLENNIUM also takes advantage of the Nintendo Switch Tabletop and Handheld modes! That means you and a friend can duke it out wherever you want!

*The manual included with the game is from the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR game, and as such may contain instructions different to that on Nintendo Switch.

*Modes other than VS that require DC/KOF LINK are not enabled."

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 TEAM SACRED TREASURES is comprised of CHIZURU KAGURA, KYO KUSANAGI, and IORI YAGAMI! >CHIZURU KAGURA https://youtu.be/5ZsPbqdEbh4

>KYO KUSANAGI https://youtu.be/fEx2_jSqbRo

>IORI YAGAMI https://youtu.be/XeAg8B2Vyeg

#SNK #KOF #KOF15 #ChizuruKagura #KyoKusanagi #IoriYagami

Anthony...

• Like 1

The last few days have been pretty good for SNK fans taking in consideration the very low standards that we are used to ???... SNK vs Capcom the Match of the Millenium for Switch (this is the best of all the SNK vs Capcom and  vice versa if you ask me), a compilation of NGPC games for Switch, Chizuru in KOF XV, more ChamCham (this is always welcomed) and a release date for her, a unknown Guilty Gear character in Samurai Shodown and i guess a SNK character in the new Fighting Ex Layer for Switch (Terry i guess).

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 3:32 AM, fdurso224 said:

Glad you're enjoying it Tanooki. After all the buzz for the NGPC, I ordered another one off Ebay and planning to upgrade it with the backlight screen. :)

Anthony..

Go for it.  Just make sure it's the 2nd version of them now circulating, the old one has this nasty glitch on some board builds that can short the system out if it's hooked up.  It's not hard to tell, it's the same dumb TFT the GBC had originally that's smaller than usual, grossly so on NGPC so it really stands out.  New one is full size and IPS.

14 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

The last few days have been pretty good for SNK fans taking in consideration the very low standards that we are used to ???... SNK vs Capcom the Match of the Millenium for Switch (this is the best of all the SNK vs Capcom and  vice versa if you ask me), a compilation of NGPC games for Switch, Chizuru in KOF XV, more ChamCham (this is always welcomed) and a release date for her, a unknown Guilty Gear character in Samurai Shodown and i guess a SNK character in the new Fighting Ex Layer for Switch (Terry i guess).

I agree wholeheartedly Pancho. The low standards from SNK/Playmore days during "The Dark era" was challenging to deal with since I was dedicated to SNK, and the company was barely staying afloat on concentrated mostly with there compilation of Neo-Geo titles on modern consoles, mobile games, and the Pachinko/slot industry. Yikes! |:)

Anthony..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Go for it.  Just make sure it's the 2nd version of them now circulating, the old one has this nasty glitch on some board builds that can short the system out if it's hooked up.  It's not hard to tell, it's the same dumb TFT the GBC had originally that's smaller than usual, grossly so on NGPC so it really stands out.  New one is full size and IPS.

That's right Tanooki. I was thinking about that when I made the move. Glad you also mention this for our members and guest to take note for themselves when they want to acquire one in the future. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Por aquí dejamos una funda a medida para los cartuchos de #NeoGeo.

Trabajo de patronaje, repujado y cosido en cuero de vaquetilla.

Translated from Spanish by

Here we leave a custom cover for the cartridges #NeoGeo .

Pattern work, embossing and sewn in cowhide leather.

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Consolisation coming along Drilling cutouts in perspex is stressful - should have stuck plan A (aluminium top panel) results are still pretty good :) Button layout is going to cause chatter but it feels OK #MVS #SNK #NEOGEO #arcade #retrogamer #retrogaming #retrogames #Maker

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I was finally able to put together my consolized MVS thanks to @chipnetics kit on@tindie it’s a slick little low profile and very slim kit that really makes it pop. Wish I had some covers that removed the heatsink hole. Put that’s ok. Yes. That’s SNES controllers. #neogeo

Anthony..

• Like 3

Hi guys,

【SAMURAI SHODOWN】 That's right! GUILTY GEAR is coming to SAMURAI SHODOWN! The 4th spot on the SAMURAI SHODOWN Season Pass 3 roster will go to a character from none other than GUILTY GEAR. DLC launch date to be announced later. Look forward to further announcements.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

今夜19時から『KOF』シリーズをはじめとしたSNKの新作&注目グッズの紹介番組やります! https://dengekionline.com/articles/68777/

#SNK #KOF
Translated from Japanese by

From 19:00 tonight, we will be doing an introduction program of SNK's new works and featured goods including the "KOF" series!https://dengekionline.com/articles/68777/

#SNK#KOF

Anthony..

17 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

I agree wholeheartedly Pancho. The low standards from SNK/Playmore days during "The Dark era" was challenging to deal with since I was dedicated to SNK, and the company was barely staying afloat on concentrated mostly with there compilation of Neo-Geo titles on modern consoles, mobile games, and the Pachinko/slot industry. Yikes! |:)

Anthony..

Yes it's incredible all the things this company has been through first the collapse, then Aruze, Playmore, SNK Playmore then only pachislots and now back to videogames... after beign buyed by a Chinese company and now the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia ???... it's incredible they are still around. Sometimes i wish Nintendo would buy them or something to give them some stability and can be focused in videogames.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

The NEOGEO gem called has a killer 60% discount on EU eShop! Work on your skills for the upcoming sequel and get ready to jam the wind!

https://nintendo.fr/Jeux/Jeux-a-telecharger-sur-Nintendo-Switch/Windjammers-1423678.html

Anthony..