IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【間もなく予約終了!】「THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV ULTIMATE EDITION」の各種限定版は2021年3月1日(月)までの予約受付です!「筐体型ゲームソフト収納BOX」、「NEOGEOロム風パッケージ」などの特典を入手するチャンスをお見逃しなく! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=KOF14UE

#SNK #KOF14UE
Translated from Japanese by

[Reservation will end soon! ] Various limited editions of "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV ULTIMATE EDITION" are available for pre-order until March 1, 2021 (Monday)! Don't miss the chance to get benefits such as "Case-type game software storage box" and "NEOGEO Rom-style package"! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=KOF14UE

#SNK#KOF14UE

Anthony..

Hi guys,

SNK社内のご紹介第1弾

コロナウィルス対策です。当社では、出入口に 手指消毒用アルコール 体温計(非接触式) 使い捨てマスクを設置

(万一仕事中にマスクのヒモが切れて

も大丈夫!) また各フロアには空気清浄機設置のうえ、出入口を開放して換気をしてバッチリ対策中です。

The first introduction within SNK

Coronavirus countermeasures. At our company, an alcohol thermometer for hand disinfection (non-contact type) is used at the entrance and exit. Install a disposable mask

(In the unlikely event that the strap of the mask is cut during work

Is okay! ) In addition, air purifiers are installed on each floor, and the doorways are opened to ventilate and take measures.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

2月12日(金)に東京工芸大学 芸術学部の学生様を対象に企業研究セミナーを実施しました。 Web越しでしたが多くの学生様にご参加いただきありがとうございました。 まだまだWebでのセミナーに不慣れな私たち。。緊張したときは、、ナコルルのマウスパッドが優しく癒してくれます。

A corporate research seminar was held on February 12th (Friday) for students of the Faculty of Arts, Tokyo Polytechnic University. It was over the web, but thank you for participating in many students. We are still unfamiliar with seminars on the Web. .. When you're nervous, Nakoruru's mouse pad will gently heal you.

Anthony..

3 hours ago, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

Thank you, Durso for advising me to get AOF2, the condition is very good. Took ages to get here, but happy to have it in my collection. 

Thanks, Durso?

F659E122-8907-4FEE-9E49-8816D893DA18.jpeg

AOF2 is a cool game, I did not own a copy until my second Neo Geo collection around 20 years ago.  AOF was my last Neo Geo title I purchased for my original AES; I got AOF back in '93 when it first came out, being the first title to take things to another level in my opinion.  I wish I had kept that Neo for a few more years until AOF2 and other titles like it came out. 

Edited by 128Kgames

6 hours ago, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

Thank you, Durso for advising me to get AOF2, the condition is very good. Took ages to get here, but happy to have it in my collection. 

Thanks, Durso?

You're welcome WRCN. Thank you for stopping by to share this with us. It looks great for it's age and hope it gives you many years of enjoyment. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Hi! Finished the #artoffighting pic. Tried to make a poster or something like that. =D For Ryo, I used the and version, that I really liked. In Anderson's profile you can see a pixel version of this Ryo (he is an awesome pixel artist). Hope you like!

Anthony.

3 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

AOF2 is a cool game, I did not own a copy until my second Neo Geo collection around 20 years ago.  AOF was my last Neo Geo title I purchased for my original AES; I got AOF back in '93 when it first came out, being the first title to take things to another level in my opinion.  I wish I had kept that Neo for a few more years until AOF2 and other titles like it came out. 

Hey 128kgames

Thank you for sharing your story, that's so great. Wonder how it was back in the days to purchase the games. It is always awesome to hear stories about this console when it was available, it makes me jealous why I didn't purchase it when the games were available, but I was only a baby back in 1993. It is a cool game, but very hard, overall a game you can enjoy. So what happened to your collection? Did you sell it? It is always cool to talk to people who owned it back in the days?

Thanks, 128kgames

WRCN

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

You're welcome WRCN. Thank you for stopping by to share this with us. It looks great for it's age and hope it gives you many years of enjoyment. :)

Anthony...

Thank you for advising me Durso, and thank you for your work. You bet I will enjoy the game and taking care of it as it was good ?. Fatal Fury 3 next, right Durso?  ?

WRCN

Hi guys,

xK7nj2Lv_bigger.png【公式】KOF ALLSTAR@KOF_ALLSTAR 【イベント開催】

次元降臨クエスト:黒の災いエレボス降臨 チャレンジャー様と一緒に力を合わせて エレボスに挑戦してみましょう

プリプリプリティースコアイベント 期間内にスコアポイントと 2021シュタインコインを集めて 様々な報酬をGETしよう

#KOFAS #KOF

[Event held]

Dimensional Advent Quest: Black Woe Erebus Advent Let's join forces with the Challenger to challenge Erebus

Pretty Pretty Score With score points during the event period Collect 2021 Stein coins and get various rewards

#KOFAS#KOF

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【イベント開催】

プリティーファイター選択イベント 2体のファイターから1体を選択すると 該当ファイターのスーパーミッションが開催

プリティー・ビッグと一緒にすごろく サイコロポイントを集めてプリティー・ビッグが 到着したマスの報酬をGETしよう

#KOFAS #KOF

[Event held]

Pretty fighter selection event If you select one from two fighters, the super mission of the corresponding fighter will be held

Collect sugoroku dice points with Pretty Big and get rewards for the squares where Pretty Big arrived.

#KOFAS#KOF

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【SSファイター参戦記念!ログインボーナス】 期間中ログインした皆さまに KOFスペシャルシグネチャー 10連ガチャチケットをプレゼント

さらに!本日限定! キーワードを入力すると 1,000ルビーがもらえます

詳しくはコミュニティをチェック

詳細▼ https://forum.netmarble.com/kofas/view/9/5195

#KOFAS #KOF

[SS Fighter participation commemoration! Login Bonus] To everyone who logged in during the period KOF Special Signature Get 10 consecutive gacha tickets

further! Limited today! When you enter a keyword Get 1,000 rubies

Check the community for details

Details ▼ https://forum.netmarble.com/kofas/view/9/5195

#KOFAS#KOF

Anthony..

On 10/1/2020 at 11:13 PM, eightbit said:

I originally purchased (or I should say my Grandmother purchased for me) my first Neo Geo AES Gold System at the Babbages store in Garden State Plaza Mall in NJ on launch day. It was the summer of 1990 and I was 15 years old. Previously I would play all of these great games at the local Fun N' Games arcade in Willowbrook Mall in Wayne NJ. I particularly loved Magician Lord and Ninja Combat.

So when I got word that this was being released with games that WERE those arcade games and not just lesser ports of them of course I had to have it! My birthday was in June and my grandmother asked me what I wanted. I told her I would wait because something amazing was coming in August. She said OK.....but I never revealed the price of the thing of course. When I called Babbages that day and they said it was there we went down to pick it up.

There it was, behind the counter way high up. I walked up and said "I'll take that Neo Geo Gold System".....and um...Magician Lord and Ninja Combat! When they rung up the total my grandmother nearly collapsed. I thought that was that....but she busted out the credit card and purchased all of it for me! I could not believe it.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:54 AM, 128Kgames said:

Anthony the Roosevelt Field arcade is where I first played Neo Geo, and the Electronics Boutique was just a few stores down from there where I first saw the AES Gold System for sale.  Ultimately we bought it the EB at what was then the Mid-Island Mall in Hicksville, closer to where I grew up.  I remember at that time the Neo Geo was at EB, Macy's, and the Wiz, which was in Carle Place.  I don't think we had a Babbage that I remember but its possible, but to me that was more of a computer store and I didn't get in them till a few years later.  

Hi guys,

I was looking through YouTube and saw some interesting videos of The Garden State Plaza Mall in Paramus NJ, the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne,NJ and The Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, Long Island, NY... Me, @eightbit, and @128Kgames are very familiar with these malls and this happens to be where our humble beginnings on how Neo-Geo came to be in our lives thanks to them. Hope you like the videos and how us three grew up in the Tri-State area. Enjoy. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

Hey 128kgames

Thank you for sharing your story, that's so great. Wonder how it was back in the days to purchase the games. It is always awesome to hear stories about this console when it was available, it makes me jealous why I didn't purchase it when the games were available, but I was only a baby back in 1993. It is a cool game, but very hard, overall a game you can enjoy. So what happened to your collection? Did you sell it? It is always cool to talk to people who owned it back in the days?

Thanks, 128kgames

WRCN

If you scroll back several posts, I talk about my Neo collection back to when the AES was first launched.  I've owned a Neo Geo AES three times: back in the 90's (sold), late '99/early 2000 (sold) and lastly since about 2003, give or take.  No plans to sell this one, ever. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 7:04 PM, 128Kgames said:

So yeah, huge fan of the Neo Geo.  Not a "big tymer" but I have owned one it at one time or another since it was released in the US.  First played on a 4 slot MVS in Roosevelt Field Mall arcade back in the day.  Totally fell for Magician Lord and pumped quite a few quarters into it.  Saw the Neo Geo Gold system on the wall at Electronics Boutique at the same mall and had to have it.  Girlfriend bought it for me for Christmas, I chose Magician Lord (obviously) for the pack in game, got a memory card and Sengoku cart along with it.  Picked up Super Spy but returned it (beat it in a day) and got Cyber Lip instead.  Did not pick up another cart until Art of Fighting came out and was again blown away by the "100 Mega Shock" -ness of it.  Last cart I wound up purchasing at that time. 

I've collected the Neo a total of 3 times in my life, each time having a larger and more expansive collection.  I'd sold the original Gold system and about 5 years later got back into it when you could still buy one new, albeit from Japan.  Got into neo-geo.com and learned about the debug bios and mods like S-VIDEO.  Found out SNK was still around and still putting out titles for it, I got Shock Troopers, Second Squad and a number of other titles.  Wound up with around 30 or so carts, 1 of which to this day I can't touch price wise (US Garou: Mark of the Wolves).  That collection paid for the band at my wedding.

3 times the charm and I missed it so much I went back to eBay to build my system up.  Got a NOS Gold System that I still keep boxed.  Got a great deal from a friend of a friend on a loose modded AES with S-VIDEO and debug BIOS, 2 old style controllers, a number of AES games and about 20 MVS titles, and the original !ARCADE! converter.  Paid about $225 as the guy needed the money.  That was my daily system until I picked up an Omega Entertainment System years back.  Have stayed with MVS format since then, still have my AES systems with about 50+ titles though.  Bought the "X "when it came out, and have a "Mini" Haohmaru version boxed, lots of the titles from NG:Dev.Team and I'm waiting on Xeno Crisis from Bitmap Bureau. 

A multi-cart like the 161-in-1 while not perfect is a good way to get a nice sampling of the games.  The go to cart right now is the NeoSD and I picked up the MVS version from Old School Gamer when it was released.  Perfect way to play all the titles, plus the opportunity to play some demos which at one time you could only do via emulation.  Waiting / hoping on a second release of the NeoSD PRO MVS.  

I have 2 Gold Cabs in the garage, one was free on the curb being thrown out.  Most recently, I picked up the new MVSX and have found it pretty good for a 3/4 size cab, even thought its all emulation.

So, fan?  You could say that.  To me, 1 of my 2 all time favorite systems, the other being the Astrocade.  I find them to be very similar systems from each their respective generations.  Anyone looking to get into the system now is a great time - you can pick up any number of consolized MVS systems (although I'm a fan of and recommend the Omega) along with a cheap multi cart or save for a NeoSD.  There is even now a flash option for the CD system to replace the CD drive if you want to go that router.  Or heck, pick up a MVSX if you want the feel of a "big red" all your own!

20 hours ago, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

5 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Gotcha covered Mike. Hope this helps. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

If you scroll back several posts, I talk about my Neo collection back to when the AES was first launched.  I've owned a Neo Geo AES three times: back in the 90's (sold), late '99/early 2000 (sold) and lastly since about 2003, give or take.  No plans to sell this one, ever. 

Hey 128kgames

Must say you had/have one hell of a collection man, so jealous man. I have read on another forum that people sold their console to get into PS1, Xbox Or financial situations and regretted it later. I guess you have to do what you feel is better. Don't sell it, keep your powerhouse ?. I am reading your post now how you got the console☺️

WRCN

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Gotcha covered Mike. Hope this helps. :)

Anthony..

Thank you for letting me know and that's a great post 128kgames, enjoyed reading it a lot. That is true, there are so many ways to play Neo-Geo now, that's just crazy. I enjoy playing the games on Raspberry, but collections for the system is more fun. Hopefully jump on MVS one day? 

WRCN

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheBeatMeetsMan said:

Hey 128kgames

Must say you had/have one hell of a collection man, so jealous man. I have read on another forum that people sold their console to get into PS1, Xbox Or financial situations and regretted it later. I guess you have to do what you feel is better. Don't sell it, keep your powerhouse ?. I am reading your post now how you got the console☺️

WRCN

So the collection I had 20 years ago was sold to the Neo Store, and the money paid for the band at my wedding.  The band was amazing, and as I still tell my wife to this day with our venue a DJ just wouldn't have cut it (no offense to DJs, many of you are amazing, I just wanted a band, thats all).  

Bands don't come cheap so both the Neo Store and I made out well.  That being said, the value of what I sold the whole collection for then and what its worth now?  One cart alone is probably equal now to that I was paid for the whole collection: a mint condition Garou: Mark of the Wolves US AES cart purchased new from SNK USA upon release. 

What it's worth now would have paid for the band + their tip I would expect.  It's the only cart I have not added back to my collection today that I owned previously.  Its just not in my budget at this point, and I wouldn't bother with a conversion or a preproduction.  

Neo carts and collecting have always been expensive but the prices they are hitting now is unbelievable.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

So the collection I had 20 years ago was sold to the Neo Store, and the money paid for the band at my wedding.  The band was amazing, and as I still tell my wife to this day with our venue a DJ just wouldn't have cut it (no offense to DJs, many of you are amazing, I just wanted a band, thats all).  

Bands don't come cheap so both the Neo Store and I made out well.  That being said, the value of what I sold the whole collection for then and what its worth now?  One cart alone is probably equal now to that I was paid for the whole collection: a mint condition Garou: Mark of the Wolves US AES cart purchased new from SNK USA upon release. 

What it's worth now would have paid for the band + their tip I would expect.  It's the only cart I have not added back to my collection today that I owned previously.  Its just not in my budget at this point, and I wouldn't bother with a conversion or a preproduction.  

Neo carts and collecting have always been expensive but the prices they are hitting now is unbelievable.  

Oh WOW! That's really interesting to know Mike. I never, ever, read up on how a Neo-Geo collection help paid for a wedding band. That's really a new one on me.  Now this made my day for sure bro. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Amazing word comic book pop art Royalty Free Vector ImageAmazing word comic book pop art Royalty Free Vector ImageAmazing word comic book pop art Royalty Free Vector Image

Amazing word comic book pop art Royalty Free Vector Image

dodgeball ok GIF

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

Say, man, bands are that expensive?  But hey, at least you enjoyed and had a great time man, probably worth sacrificing your superb expensive games. Nobody could imagine that the games will end up so valuable, the prices went crazy around 2008, I think. It's not just Neo-Geo, but all the retro games are getting expensive, suddenly everybody wants the games they had in their childhood. Thank you for posting 128kgames, I enjoy them a lot ?

WRCN

• Like 1

Hi guys,

おはようございます! なんだか今日はとても暖かいですね

マーピーは朝からMVS Xに夢中な様子。 メタルスラッグ3をプレイしてたみたいですが…なるほど、3月だからかー…ってもう3月!? 時間が経つのはあっという間ですね

今週もよろしくお願いします

Good morning! It's kind of warm today

Marpy seems to be crazy about MVS X from the morning. It seems that he was playing Metal Slug 3, but ... I see, it's March ... It's March! ?? Time goes by so quickly

I look forward to working with you this week as well.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

SNK DOT STYLE LINE stickers feature a wide variety from both famous and obscure SNK titles! Hit your friends with that iconic Terry "OK!" or leave them puzzled after you proclaim you must use "haow-ken"! You can download them here: https://line.me/S/sticker/14508299

#SNK #16bit

Anthony..