IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Ummm, I never noticed this before.... #NeoGeo Visco Ganryu prototype screenshot from 1997. Two years before it's release. It looks SOOOOOOOO much better than what they ended up releasing. Characters are larger and more detailed. I want this version!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Another Visco #NeoGeo prototype from 1997. Early version of Flip Shot before they added “Battle” to the name. Apparently this version had a story mode and you defended your allies and not little icons like the 1998 final.

Anthony..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

I agree Steve. The other game that comes in mind is Andro Dunos. But that's at 34 Megs.

Anthony..

I actually found Japanese AES Andro Dunos at Super Potato. I'm pretty sure it's one of the few Japanese AES games that's insanely expensive compared to the US version of the same game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I actually found Japanese AES Andro Dunos at Super Potato. I'm pretty sure it's one of the few Japanese AES games that's insanely expensive compared to the US version of the same game.

WOW! A Japanese Andro Dunos for the AES Steve? That's incredible. How much did they want for it? I have the English version in the collection, but to see a JPN version in a store is really impressive seeing it's really rare. Are you allowed to take a picture of it in the store?

Anthony..

Hi guys,

I’ve had people ask when I’ll test the Neo Geo Proto. Once it’s clean and I know it doesn’t need repairs. Maybe I’ll live stream it? So if it blows up you can see it live!

sub though to get notified ;) https://youtube.com/videogameesoterica #neogeo #RETROGAMING #SNK #gaming #samuraishodown

Anthony..

Look what I bought today~

Pic_0307_572.thumb.jpg.f97b41f7dcfdcd8490c1e48a2e463ff7.jpg

My first MVS game. You knew it would be this one, didn't you?

5 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

WOW! A Japanese Andro Dunos for the AES Steve? That's incredible. How much did they want for it? I have the English version in the collection, but to see a JPN version in a store is really impressive seeing it's really rare. Are you allowed to take a picture of it in the store?

Anthony..

Yeah, it's 316800 yen, I believe. Right next to it is a Japanese AES Blazing Star for just over 600000 yen. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take pictures, but I'm going back in 3 weeks when I get paid to check out some other stuff and I'll see if I can take a picture when I do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dolemite14 said:

Here is my latest Neo Geo Love video.  I hope you enjoy it. 

Hey Glynn,

Glad to see you doing what you do best with another awesome Neo Geo Love video from you bro. Three huge boxes of all Neo-Geo goodies for us to be amazed bro. Love the Metal Slug CD game with your NOS Samurai Shodown II, Flyers, Marquees, Arcade sticks and your Neo Geo beer mug to go with it as well. Everything looks so pefect and glad they are in your collection bro. :)

Thank you for sharing your video with us and we look forward on seeing more from you as always my good man. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Look what I bought today~

My first MVS game. You knew it would be this one, didn't you?

Yeah, it's 316800 yen, I believe. Right next to it is a Japanese AES Blazing Star for just over 600000 yen. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take pictures, but I'm going back in 3 weeks when I get paid to check out some other stuff and I'll see if I can take a picture when I do.

Oooooooh! Big Tournament Golf.  Great way to start off the MVS collection Steve. :thumbsup: :)

Whoa! 316800 Yen for Andro Dunos and 600000 Yen for Blazing Star. Now that's two spicy meatballs right there Steve. :D But glad you had the opportunity to see those game in front of your sight bro. That's great you're planning to go back. If its posssible to take a picture of them. We would love to see it. 

Anthony..

Hi guys,

『サムライスピリッツ』シーズン3有料DLCキャラ“チャムチャム”の先行プレイ生放送を3月9日(火)19時に配信 https://dengekionline.com/articles/70469/ #チャムチャム #サムライスピリッツ #SamuraiSpirits
Translated from Japanese by

"Samurai Spirits" Season 3 Paid DLC character "Cham Cham" will be broadcast live on March 9th (Tuesday) at 19:00 https://dengekionline.com/articles/70469/#チャムチャム#サムライスピリッツ#SamuraiSpirits

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

【熊本城おもてなし武将隊 サムライスピリッツ オンライン大会 開催決定

】 主催:熊本城おもてなし武将隊 大会情報は でも発信していきます 武将隊

サムスピ このコラボは毎回ワクワクする

皆さん是非ご応募下さい

応募はフォームから

https://forms.gle/pjQDRa6URzPDR9oD7
Translated from Japanese by

[Kumamoto Castle Hospitality Warlords Samurai Spirits Online Tournament to be held

] Organizer: Kumamoto Castle Hospitality Warlords Tournament information But I will send Warlords

Samurai Shodown is exciting every time

Please apply by all means

Apply from the form

https://forms.gle/pjQDRa6URzPDR9oD7

Anthony..

13 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member Bill from Betty Horde Clinic. Here we see him playing Last Resort, and a cool Hack with Cammy in Streets of Rage II to add just for fun. Enjoy. :)

Anthony...

Thank you very much Anthony for putting this up for me I really do appreciate it, thought you might like a bit of Last Resort action. The Streets of Rage and the Street Fight Two hack is a bit of fun and who don't like Cammy lol. Thanks again and take care. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BettyHordeClinic said:

Thank you very much Anthony for putting this up for me I really do appreciate it, thought you might like a bit of Last Resort action. The Streets of Rage and the Street Fight Two hack is a bit of fun and who don't like Cammy lol. Thanks again and take care. 

Hi Big Bill,

You're very welcome my good man. Always a pleasure to share your material with Last resort. A timeless classic that is and seeing you doing what you do best for the community to benefit from kind sir. Keep up the great work and glad to see you on with us as on the Neo-Geo thread bro. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Friday I’ll show everyone what the story on the Hyper Neo Geo prototype is! Which means there’s a story to tell ;) #neogeo #SNK #RETROGAMING #retrogames #retrogamer #videogames #gaming #samuraishodown #samuraispirits #hyperneogeo #fightingames

Anthony..

Hi guys,

I’ve been going through all my magazines from the time trying to find a single image I remember seeing of someone at an SGI machine working on 3D models. Can’t find it yet. I came across 2 versions of the logo. Top is from June ‘97 bottom is Aug ‘97. Game was released in Dec.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member Dak1ing ofgames98. Here we see him having fun playing King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Maniax. Let's listen in on what he has to say. I think were going to hear an earful for sure on this one fellas. ?

From the description,

"I don't think I can say anymore about this game that I haven't already said in the video. I just don't like this game, and I never will! I'll reiterate what I said in the video, this game has bad voice acting, controls, 3D character designs, controls, music, and story. Yep, that sums up KoF: Maximum Impact Maniax. Have you played King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Maniax before? Have you played the PlayStation 2 version of this game? Is it any better? Let me know in the comments section below!"

Anthony..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Oooooooh! Big Tournament Golf.  Great way to start off the MVS collection Steve. :thumbsup: :)

Whoa! 316800 Yen for Andro Dunos and 600000 Yen for Blazing Star. Now that's two spicy meatballs right there Steve. :D But glad you had the opportunity to see those game in front of your sight bro. That's great you're planning to go back. If its posssible to take a picture of them. We would love to see it. 

Anthony..

Yeah, I LOVE Neo Turf Masters. Can't buy the AES version since that costs $25,000 or so, but I can definitely afford the MVS version, so as you can see, I bought one! I was hoping to find a complete set, but I honestly don't trust that any games that I find online are real. Since I was able to inspect this one in person at a store that specializes in old games and they should theoretically be able to identify a fake, I decided to buy this copy even though it's cart-only. I need to get a shock box to put it in. I also want to go ahead and get some fake box art for it, but I've only found shock box inserts with the US English versions. I want Japanese box art if possible.

Anyway, yeah, I'll see what I can do with taking pictures in there. I'm not sure if they will let me, but I'll be sure to ask.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:15 PM, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

The last Neo Geo game released in 1990 and one that is often forgotten. If you want to suck in the mainstream to SNK arcade gaming, look no further. #SNK #NeoGeo

Anthony..

Probably my favorite game on the Neo-Geo.  It is just so damn fun!