IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Starting Thursday I’ll be posting full playthroughs of each character from the Samurai Shodown 64 Neo Geo beta. Because even once it’s dumped emulation is iffy! Plus you can help me spot the differences! #RETROGAMING #retrogamer #neogeo #videogames #gaming #snk #SamuraiShodown

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Andrew here spent 3 years looking for a perfect looking AES console. It really shows and a true dedicated gamer he is. :)

I take my gaming seriously, which is why I only use PRO-GEAR SPEC. I’ve wanted a Neo Geo since a kid at school first told me the games were £200. Turns out the games are still £200, so for the moment all I can do is look at it. BUT LOOK AT IT! #NeoGeo #ProGearSpec

Anthony.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hey Steve, Undecided,Pancho, WRCN.

Believe me the Hori Neo Geo Fighting Stick is really fantastic. To show you what I mean, Here's a video from lukemorse I posted years ago on how he refurnished and mod one, while discussing about these heavy duty bad boys. Enjoy. :)

P.S.... WRCN, these were 3rd party sticks. Very well made and heavy as well to take abuse. Not cheap sadly. But well worth owning. :)

Anthony...

Yes I’ve wanted one due to the turbo function which would be awesome for shoot me ups that require 1 button push each shot.

I was looking for one a couple of years ago but most of them have rust  on them. At least all the ones I was looking at back then did..?

I have 3 original aes fight sticks and I’m going to mod 1 with sanwa buttons to make it easier to mash on shoot em ups!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Back with Madlittlepixel. Let's see what he has in store with a NGPC video fellas. Enjoy. :)

Anthony..

I have the q5 ready to install.  Prolly going to get it done tomorrow morning lol.  Super excited!@

• Like 1

Here's that thing that I've been hinting at/hoping for for the past while. I never mentioned it because I did last time I found one and it disappeared and ended up on ebay in the hands of a reseller for 50% more than what I found it for, but this one is in much better shape and looks almost completely unused aside from a few small scratches on the cart.

Are you okay?!?!?! BUSTER WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!

Pic_0328_616.thumb.jpg.a791888aaecce51126d1f60a7eccfbc7.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Here's that thing that I've been hinting at/hoping for for the past while. I never mentioned it because I did last time I found one and it disappeared and ended up on ebay in the hands of a reseller for 50% more than what I found it for, but this one is in much better shape and looks almost completely unused aside from a few small scratches on the cart.

Are you okay?!?!?! BUSTER WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!

:-o :-o :-o !!!OH MAN!!! :-o :-o :-o

You purchased Mark of the Wolves Steve?! WOW! What a score for sure. Now that is what I call a highlight of a purchase bro. We seen great purchases from you. But this is so far the greatest we seen to add to your collection.

Way to go Steve. All good things happen to those that wait...And boy it sure did here my good man. :D  Now we really need to see some videos of you with you in action. :)

Anthony..

31 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

:-o :-o :-o !!!OH MAN!!! :-o :-o :-o

You purchased Mark of the Wolves Steve?! WOW! What a score for sure. Now that is what I call a highlight of a purchase bro. We seen great purchases from you. But this is so far the greatest we seen to add to your collection.

Way to go Steve. All good things happen to those that wait...And boy it sure did here my good man. :D  Now we really need to see some videos of you with you in action. :)

Anthony..

lol yeah, I have AES Garou: Mark of the Wolves now. I've wanted this game for a while now, but the rarity and honestly mostly the price of it prevented me from getting it, but I found this copy in February and saved some cash over the past 2 months or so to get it. Thankfully, it didn't end up getting bought by someone else, or worse, bought and then placed on ebay with a significant price increase like the last copy that I found. This copy is in beautiful condition and far nicer than the one that I found earlier that's now on ebay (and still unsold, for that matter), so I'm actually glad that I missed that other copy.

Now, I don't buy games to collect them, I buy games to play them, as they should be. I have not played it yet, but it's time to fix that right now~

Pic_0328_621.thumb.jpg.58cdeaa5c623c43299b24741d0bd8df3.jpg

My Terry hat is too big to fit in the picture, sadly, but everyone knows that I have it. Getting Terry to sit down without falling over/off my desk is also really difficult, so I kind of have to prop him up on my AES and stuff. His hat comes off, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

lol yeah, I have AES Garou: Mark of the Wolves now. I've wanted this game for a while now, but the rarity and honestly mostly the price of it prevented me from getting it, but I found this copy in February and saved some cash over the past 2 months or so to get it. Thankfully, it didn't end up getting bought by someone else, or worse, bought and then placed on ebay with a significant price increase like the last copy that I found. This copy is in beautiful condition and far nicer than the one that I found earlier that's now on ebay (and still unsold, for that matter), so I'm actually glad that I missed that other copy.

Now, I don't buy games to collect them, I buy games to play them, as they should be. I have not played it yet, but it's time to fix that right now~

My Terry hat is too big to fit in the picture, sadly, but everyone knows that I have it. Getting Terry to sit down without falling over/off my desk is also really difficult, so I kind of have to prop him up on my AES and stuff. His hat comes off, too.

That's great to hear Steve. So glad you have this in your collection and didn't get the first one that was available. The store that you purchased it did a great job securing it to look great for customers like yourself to buy it.  Good ol' Terry. A perfect match for your MotW game I must say Steve. :)

Glad you're using the NGCD controller to play on the AES. I knew it would be to your liking bro.. Another superb choice and glad it's being mentioned again in a recent discussion for others to do the same thing. :) 

I have a question to ask Steve seeing your familiar with Japanese video game stores.....Let's say you happen to find another Neo-Geo game or something else that's to your liking, but don't have the immediate funds for purchase. Do the Japanese game stores offer a layaway option for you to remit payment for a buyer to pay the balance in a timely manner? Or is it first come-first serve to those that have the money to pay right away?

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Undecided said:

Yes I’ve wanted one due to the turbo function which would be awesome for shoot me ups that require 1 button push each shot.

I was looking for one a couple of years ago but most of them have rust  on them. At least all the ones I was looking at back then did..?

I have 3 original aes fight sticks and I’m going to mod 1 with sanwa buttons to make it easier to mash on shoot em ups!

Me too Zack. And a good amount of them were really were in rough shape with sellers wanted more than what they were worth in the condition they were in. :(

Nice! 3 AES original sticks and going to mod one with Sanwa buttons. Cool Zack. Maybe you can share the pics when you're done doing so. :)

Anthony..

55 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

That's great to hear Steve. So glad you have this in your collection and didn't get the first one that was available. The store that you purchased it did a great job securing it to look great for customers like yourself to buy it.  Good ol' Terry. A perfect match for your MotW game I must say Steve. :)

Glad you're using the NGCD controller to play on the AES. I knew it would be to your liking bro.. Another superb choice and glad it's being mentioned again in a recent discussion for others to do the same thing. :) 

I have a question to ask Steve seeing your familiar with Japanese video game stores.....Let's say you happen to find another Neo-Geo game or something else that's to your liking, but don't have the immediate funds for purchase. Do the Japanese game stores offer a layaway option for you to remit payment for a buyer to pay the balance in a timely manner? Or is it first come-first serve to those that have the money to pay right away?

Anthony..

So most stores will not hold stuff for you at all. Trader is the only store that I know of that will hold stuff. I forget how long Trader will hold stuff, but I think it's like 6~10 days or something like that. I've never done it, so I forget how long it is. Right now Trader actually has I believe 2 copies of Sonic Wings 2, which is another game that I'm hoping to get, but that's going to have to wait for a while as I recover from Mark of the Wolves. I REALLY should get a damn MVS already so I can actually afford most games, but I do like the AES a lot and I'm glad that I got one.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

So most stores will not hold stuff for you at all. Trader is the only store that I know of that will hold stuff. I forget how long Trader will hold stuff, but I think it's like 6~10 days or something like that. I've never done it, so I forget how long it is. Right now Trader actually has I believe 2 copies of Sonic Wings 2, which is another game that I'm hoping to get, but that's going to have to wait for a while as I recover from Mark of the Wolves. I REALLY should get a damn MVS already so I can actually afford most games, but I do like the AES a lot and I'm glad that I got one.

Good to know Steve. Informative information for our members and guest for when they ever head to Japan wanting to know how games stores operate. I still would love to visit Japan and need some games for the AES collection.

I understand that you like to get a CMVS for the collection for which the games are cheaper. But man, that Mark of the Wolves is really a thing of beauty and looks fantastic for its age Steve. So glad you have it in your collection now. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member Brendan from Dak1ng ofgames98. To show support of the anniveary of the Neo-Geo thread, Brendan made a cool video for us to view regarding the occasion. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"So the actual day of the Neo Geo thread's 7th anniversary was Wednesday March 24th. But I'm still uploading this today in honor of their anniversary. I really hope you guys enjoy the video! SNK's Neo Geo Pocket Color is in my top 5 favorite handheld video game consoles of all time. What color variants of the Neo Geo Pocket Color do you? How many Neo Geo Pocket Color games do you own? Let me know in the comments section below!"

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【eスポーツ大会主催者の皆様へ】 3/11のKOF XIV UEパッケージ版と、3/16のSAMURAI SPIRITSシーズンパス3のリリースを記念して、コミュニティ主催のオンライン大会を強力にバックアップします!皆様の申請をお待ちしております! #SNKeスポーツ支援強化月間 支援詳細はこちら https://facebook.com/SNK.KOFWORLD/posts/1389720618036921/

Translated from Japanese by

[To e-sports tournament organizers] In commemoration of the release of KOF XIV UE package version on 3/11 and SAMURAI SPIRITS Season Pass 3 on 3/16, we will strongly back up the online competition sponsored by the community! We look forward to your application! #SNKeスポーツ支援強化月間 Click here for support details https://facebook.com/SNK.KOFWORLD/posts/1389720618036921/

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■ノベルティ情報■ 八神庵BARにて、税込8,800円以上のご利用でプレゼント中のミニパブミラーですが、残りわずかとなりました

お品切れ状況などはこちらのアカウントにて順次お知らせ致します。 また、次回入荷は4/1日を予定しております

ご了承くださいませ。 #八神庵BAR #akibaTVG #INDOR

■ Novelty information ■ At Yagami-an BAR, the mini pub mirror is being presented as a gift for spending over 8,800 yen including tax, but there are only a few left.

We will inform you of the out-of-stock status etc. in order with this account. In addition, the next arrival is scheduled for April 1st.

Please understand. #八神庵BAR#akibaTVG#INDOR

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■メニュー紹介■ 庵が好きそうな牛すじ煮込みセット 1,540円(税込) ステッカー付き 肉好きの庵が好きかもしれない、牛すじを柔らかく煮込んでデミグラスソースで味付けたボリューム満点の一皿

庵がランダムでプリントされたチーズパンと一緒にどうぞ

#八神庵BAR #akibaTVG #SNK #八神庵 #INDOR

■ Menu introduction ■ Stewed beef tendon set that seems to like hermitage 1,540 yen (tax included) A plate full of volume that you may like meat-loving hermitage with stickers, stewed beef tendon softly and seasoned with demiglace sauce

Enjoy with cheese buns with randomly printed hermitage

#八神庵BAR#akibaTVG#SNK#八神庵#INDOR

Anthony..

On 3/28/2021 at 12:33 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Pic_0328_621.thumb.jpg.58cdeaa5c623c43299b24741d0bd8df3.jpg

Very nice pick up Steven! Thats the type of game to be proud of when you find it at a good price. I have also had something similar where I missed out on a game by a few minutes and later saw it on eBay for an inflated price. It really sucks but eventually you will find a nice condition game at a fair price if your patient enough.

Do you play with any other characters besides Terry or is he the main player you pick over and over?