IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

10 hours ago, ohfivepro said:

I've never seen anyone document this in English before 

so perhaps it's some new lore for the non-Japanese

Neo Geo fans?

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Paul. I agree I was thinking this as well for us non-Japanese gamers. Makes me wonder for sure. :)

Anthony..

7 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Don't know why, but I so could see this game on the Neo Geo for some reason.

Interesting Ryan. I never heard of Burglar X before. Looks like a fun game. I wouldn't mind seeing this ported over to the Neo-Geo. :)

Thank you for sharing this Ryan, I learned something new today. :)

Anthony.. 

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

The Neo-Geo was popular in other Asian nations like South Korea. So popular, that a group of Martial Artists existed called  " The Neo Geo Korean Tigers Team", and was sponsored by SNK. Most likely in support of Kim Kaphwan from Daegu, South Korea.

The Church of Kaphwan's Picture Hall!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, The Undecided said:

Very nice pick up Steven! Thats the type of game to be proud of when you find it at a good price. I have also had something similar where I missed out on a game by a few minutes and later saw it on eBay for an inflated price. It really sucks but eventually you will find a nice condition game at a fair price if your patient enough.

Do you play with any other characters besides Terry or is he the main player you pick over and over?

Thanks. Yeah, so I only play as Terry. Now that I think about it, I think I've only ever played most games in the series AS Terry, for that matter, although I did try Hotaru for a few minutes a while ago. For KOF I have not yet decided who to use aside from Terry, so I just kind of pick my other 2 people at random, but it's usually Kyo and Iori since the random button gave them to me once and I liked them lol. I wish Geese was in 98... I do have 96, though, and he's there, but 98 is probably the better game and I play it a lot with one of my friends since he lives not far from me and 98 is his favourite one.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

なんと( ノω° )!本日本イベントの主役 #八神庵 役の #星野貴紀 さん( )が #八神庵BAR に遊びに来て下さいました

店内のコミニュケーションノートには星野さん直筆のサインもありますので見に来てください

星野さん、また来てくださいね

#akibaTVG #SNK #INDOR
Translated from Japanese by

What (No ω °)! The protagonist of this Japan event #八神庵 Of the role #星野貴紀 Mr. ( )But #八神庵BAR Came to play

There is also an autograph by Mr. Hoshino on the communication notebook inside the store, so please come and see it.

Mr. Hoshino, please come again

#akibaTVG#SNK#INDOR
Quote Tweet

RSVN93Da_mini.jpg

星野貴紀

@Shockhearts777
· 23h
ふふふふ…ふはははは…はーっはっはっはっは!

Anthony..

14 minutes ago, retrorussell said:

New NEO GEO shirt arrived!  Another one should arrive later this week.

Oh wow! That shirt with the Neo-Geo logo looks fantastic Russ. You're styling and profiling bro. Thank you for sharing this awesome shirt with us.  :thumbsup: :)

Now I want one. :D

Anthony..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Interesting Ryan. I never heard of Burglar X before. Looks like a fun game. I wouldn't mind seeing this ported over to the Neo-Geo. :)

Thank you for sharing this Ryan, I learned something new today. :)

Anthony.. 

You are most welcome! ?

10 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Oh wow! That shirt with the Neo-Geo logo looks fantastic Russ. You're styling and profiling bro. Thank you for sharing this awesome shirt with us.  :thumbsup: :)

Now I want one. :D

Anthony..

Thanks Anthony.  Getting one more soon-- it's red and looks like the side of the NEO cabinet.

Hi guys,

BREAKING NEWS !

#NeoGeo We are proud to announce that #PixelHeart has purchased the complete catalog of #VISCO CORPORATION games ! #PixelHeartLive

Our Website : http://pixelheart.eu

Replying to@PixelHeart_eu

Good to know. Will you be manufacturing reprints of Visco titles for the Neo-Geo MVS and AES?

Only for AES ?

Anthony..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

La news à retenir today ? PixelHeart a récupéré les licences VISCO CORPORATION et tous les jeux NeoGeo AES sont réédités en version Japonais et US, à des tarifs abusé : c'est 400€ pièce. Oui, vous avez bien lu, 400€ pièce. Juste le jeu, zéro bonus contrairement à Pix'n Love.
Translated from French by

The news to remember today? PixelHeart has recovered the VISCO CORPORATION licenses and all NeoGeo AES games are reissued in Japanese and US version, at abusive prices: it is 400 € room. Yes, you read that correctly, 400 € room. Just the game, zero bonus unlike Pix'n Love.

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Replying to
Chaque cartouche est limitée à 300 exemplaires et livrée avec certificat d'authenticité. A part Bang 2 Busters déjà dispo, tout est en précommande. PixelHeart précise que rien n'est approuvé par SNK. Tout est réuni (avec images supp) dans ma news : https://urlz.fr/fgAN

Translated from French by

Each cartridge is limited to 300 copies and delivered with a certificate of authenticity. Apart from Bang 2 Busters already available, everything is in pre-order. PixelHeart clarifies that nothing is endorsed by SNK. Everything is gathered (with additional images) in my news:https://urlz.fr/fgAN

Anthony..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Never been a fan of these "reprints," licensed or not.  To me they're just bootlegs with a stamp of approval.  Unless it's from SNK itself...

Same here Mike...But that Neo Drift Out looks tempting for me. I played that game to no end in the arcades. 

Anthony..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fdurso224 said:

Same here Mike...But that Neo Drift Out looks tempting for me. I played that game to no end in the arcades. 

Anthony..

I mentioned on Twitter a week or so ago when this was 1st announced that these are $600 for a box, a plastic cartridge, a manual, a piece of paper & a rom dump. Truly ludicrous & if you look at the small print it clearly mentions that the cart is not guaranteed to work on all official AES hardware

QUOTE "This software is not compatible with all genuine devices. It may not work depending on factors such as the condition of the main body and the manufacturing time"

Reply from someone with more tech knowledge than me: It means they're using 3.3V chips that are not rated for use on a 5V console. The same situation and happened with this official SNES Street Fighter II repro cart... And they warned it could catch fire

Please do not support this garbage - use MAME or buy a used MVS cart

• Like 3

Neo drift out's been on my to-buy list for some time now.  It's in a dead racing genre which probably has a proper name, but I call it a here-comes-the-curve racer, and I'm slightly addicted to those.

But unfortunately I don't have an AES, because I'm a cheapskate, and extending the 'cheapskate' theme, the ~$200 mvs cart's price has kept me away all these years, because quality jamma pcb's in the genre frequently go for about 1/3 of that, and I don't have all of those yet.

Also Super Drift Out is somehow a way better game.

Edited by Reaperman

It's not related to SNK but i think it's good news, there can't be that many AES cartridges of those games out there of those games... then again, as much as i would like to get Breakers Revenge i can't see myself paying 400€ for it. I'm sure it's quite complex and expensive compared to other systems replicating cartridges but i think the price is a  bit too hight...

• Like 1