IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

they are not phone cards, but NEOGEO memory cards (to save the play data.) and then, a new NESiCA x Live card is made imitating NEOGEO memory card. Do you know or have NESiCA (one of arcade network system) in your country? ←NEOGEO memory cards. →NEOGEO designed NESiCA card

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Did you guys know that Neo Geo MVS arcade cabinets have a Memory card slot? That’s for players who have a Neo Geo AES system that can use their memory cards from AES to MVS cabinets or the opposite, to continue their current games or save their personal high scores. Crazy right?

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 「エージェントチーム参戦記念キャンペーン」を開催! アカウントをフォロー&このツイートをRTで、 ・ルオン役:#木野智香 さん ・ブルー・マリー役:#ブリドカットセーラ恵美 さん ・ヴァネッサ役:#秦真由美 さん のサインが当たります! キャンペーンは7/7(水)まで! #SNK #KOF15
Translated from Japanese by

[KOF XV] "Agent team participation commemorative campaign" is held! Follow your account & tweet this tweet on RT ・ Luon role:#木野智香 Mr. Blue Mary:#ブリドカットセーラ恵美 Mr. Vanessa:#秦真由美 Mr. You will win the autograph! Campaign until 7/7 (Wednesday)! #SNK#KOF15

Anthony...

Hi guys,

BAR #オロチな人々 終了まであと7日! キャラ同士の掛け合いが楽しめる「VSアクリルスタンド」の人気TOP3はコチラ お気に入りのキャラ同士を交換して夢の掛け合いにしても面白いですね 店頭にて販売しております。 見本も出してますよ #akibaTVG #INDOR #SNK

BAR #オロチな人々 7 days to finish! Click here for the top 3 popular "VS Acrylic Stands" where you can enjoy interacting with other characters  It's fun to exchange your favorite characters and have a dream conversation  It is sold at the store. I'm also giving you a sample  #akibaTVG#INDOR#SNK

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

BAR #オロチな人々 終了まであと6日! 当店自慢の超カッコイイブリスターケース入りアクリルフィギュア「#Blistech」に新キャラ大量追加! 店頭にズラ〜っと並ぶBlistechは圧巻です 飾る?or開ける?どっちも楽しめる自信作ですよ #akibaTVG #INDOR #SNK

BAR #オロチな人々 6 days to finish! Our proud super cool blister cased acrylic figure "#Blistech A large number of new characters have been added! Blichech lined up in the store is a masterpiece  decorate? or can you open it? It's a self-confident work that you can enjoy both  #akibaTVG#INDOR#SNK

Anthony..

• Like 3

Hi guys

北米版The Last Blade 2 (PS4)が数量限定で販売!今なお多くのプレイヤーから支持される名作『幕末浪漫第二幕 月華の剣士』をぜひお楽しみください♪ さらに!セット商品Collector's Editionも同時発売!なくなり次第終了となりますのでお見逃しなく! https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=362

#SNK #月華の剣士

The North American version of The Last Blade 2 (PS4) is on sale in limited quantities! Please enjoy the masterpiece "The Last Blade, The Last Blade," which is still supported by many players.♪ further! The set product Collector's Edition is also on sale at the same time! It will end as soon as it runs out, so don't miss it! https://snk-onlineshop.com/topics_detail.html?info_id=362

#SNK#月華の剣士

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Nobody in fighting games has had the longevity of Fatal Fuy’s Terry Bogard, who has appeared in over 80 games since 1991. Let's take a look at one of the most influential fighting game legends. https://bit.ly/3qlmUn8

The History and Enduring Legacy of Terry Bogard

The Legend of the Hungry Wolf

The Kings Of Fighters Terry Bogard (Fan Junhang) Hooded Vest | TLC

Mitchell SaltzmanBy Mitchell Saltzman

Updated: 24 Jun 2021 11:53 am
Posted: 23 Jun 2021 3:00 pm

Throughout the history of fighting games, there are a small handful of characters that have stood the test of time and ultimately become iconic. Characters like Ryu, Chun-Li, Scorpion, and Sol Badguy, just to name a few. But nobody has had the longevity of Fatal Fuy’s Terry Bogard, who has appeared in over 80 games since 1991. Along with some of the SNK developers who helped create him, this is a look at the history, evolution, and legacy of one of the most influential – yet occasionally overlooked – fighting game legends.

I. The Look

Let’s start with Terry’s iconic look, introduced in Fatal Fury in 1991. His casual street outfit was derived from one very simple core design concept: According to Fatal Fury’s Senior Artist Yoichiro Soeda, Terry was made to look like someone who didn’t seem like a professional fighter.

Terry Bogard Illustrations
00-yw-09-1624468159073.jpg?crop=16%3A9&w

00-yw-10-1624468159076.jpg?width=158&cro
20 IMAGES
00-yw-12-1624468159081.jpg?width=158&cro
00-yw-14-1624468159082.jpg?width=158&cro
00-yw-15-1624468159083.jpg?width=158&cro
94-yw-02-1624468159084.jpg?width=158&cro

And this makes sense, especially when you consider the other two playable characters in Fatal Fury. You have Andy Bogard, who wears a traditional martial arts gi and fights with traditional Japanese Koppou-ken, and then there’s Joe, who fights in the traditional Muay Thai stance and just looks like someone who could kick your head off.

Terry on the other hand has this every-man kind of appeal, with his jeans, red cap, and iconic red jacket. And while there have been some changes to Terry’s look over the years in games like Garou Mark of the Wolves, Terry eventually always finds his way back to the look that made him a star in the first place.

xiv-terry-yw-2-1624468159095.jpg?fit=bou

The vast majority of Terry’s appearances in video games have been in 2D form, but he’s made the jump to 3D several times as well, and it wasn’t an easy transition. According to Yasuyuki Oda, lead producer on the King of Fighters series, “A lot of thought and effort went into bringing and maintaining the essence of previously 2D-only characters into this new 3D plane. It was really difficult to get these characters to look and feel the same as when they're on a 2D plane, even with the use of dynamic camera work.”

While many may believe that Terry’s first jump to 3D was in 2004’s King of Fighters Maximum Impact, he and the rest of the Fatal Fury crew actually made the leap five years earlier with Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition in 1999. Wild Ambition not only gave us our first taste of Fatal Fury’s gameplay in 3D, but it also provides really the only cinematic look at Terry Bogard’s backstory, which sees his adoptive father, Jeff Bogard, murdered in the street by series villain Geese Howard.

terry-timeline-1624471732578.jpg?fit=bou

The move to 3D proved to be rather difficult, and after the two Maximum Impact games, Terry wouldn’t return to 3D until 2016’s King of Fighters 14.

“Having each character fight within MAXIMUM IMPACT's style of gameplay with their own list of character-specific combos and skills, while also not losing what makes a character "feel right" in regards to how they played in previous titles, proved especially challenging,” said Oda-san. “In the case of KOF XIV, we had to start hiring and create a team of developers before development could even begin. Starting from scratch and getting the ball rolling was pretty challenging, but we managed to make it work in the end.”

With the upcoming King of Fighters 15, the team at SNK is continuing to iterate on their 3D engine, continuing the work not just from King of Fighters 14, but also Samurai Shodown, which also managed to take a beloved 2D fighting franchise and bring it into the world of 3D models fighting on a 2D plane.

II. The Fighting

Deep fighting mechanics were not a major focus of Fatal Fury back in 1991, and Soeda admits that most of development energy went into making the moves look cool. But even still, Fatal Fury provided the foundation of Terry’s movelist that would be iterated upon for years to come. He had his power wave, a simple projectile that would move across the floor; Burning Knuckle, a dash punch that he could use to close the distance quickly; Rising tackle: an anti-air screw kick; and Crack Shoot, a flipping kick that also could be used to close the distance quickly.

These four moves would follow Terry throughout his Fatal Fury journey, but he ended up getting a number of additional iconic moves as the year went on, each one aimed at addressing something in Terry’s move set.

power-wave-1624468430582.png?fit=bounds&

Fatal Fury 2 gave each character a super move known as a Desperation Move, which was where Terry got his trademark Power Geyser, which was planned to be a stronger version of his Power Wave special move. In the second King of Fighters game, King of Fighters 95, Terry was given the basketball inspired Power Dunk, which according to Yasuyuki Oda, lead producer on the King of Fighters series, was meant to further aid Terry with his mobility options in ways that the Rising Tackle failed to do so.

Terry would also gain the Power Charge in Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, which sent him forward with a shoulder charge, and eventually, forward moving special moves came to define Terry’s rushdown style, which created a bit of a challenge in being able to distinguish the unique uses between all of them. Since Burning Knuckle, Crack Shoot, and Power Charge largely accomplished the same goal of moving Terry closer to his opponent quickly, nuance was added to each move to give them their own unique uses: For example: Crack Shoot can catch airborne opponents, pop them up for a rising tackle, and in some games, it also hit as an overhead and could not be blocked low; Power charge meanwhile would be given wall bounce properties and enable combos to continue; while burning knuckle remained a mainstay of Terry’s pressure game, going the furthest of all his special moves, even allowing him in certain games to punctuate a combo from nearly a full screen away.

Since Burning Knuckle, Crack Shoot, and Power Charge largely accomplished the same goal of moving Terry closer to his opponent quickly, nuance was added to both moves to give them their own unique uses.

Then there’s the Buster Wolf, which was added to Terry’s arsenal in Garou Mark of the Wolves, but ultimately wound up, even according to Oda-san, as Terry’s most quintessential move. If Power Geyser was added as a powered-up super move version of Power Wave, then Buster Wolf was meant to be a powered-up super move version of Burning Knuckle. But what truly made the move so iconic is Terry’s semi-nonsensical English dialogue when he delivers the move.
“Are you okay?! BUSTER WOLF”

As for why he says it? According to Yasuyuki Oda, Lead Producer on the King of Fighters series, “During those times, we didn’t have standardized localization practices, and so the way some words were used was kind of odd. As for how the phrase came to be, the story is that when I was at Universal Studios Hollywood, some kid asked me those fated words as I was getting off Jurassic Park: The Ride, completely soaking wet.”

These aren’t all of Terry’s moves over the years, but they certainly are the ones that helped define his character the most, and of course all of them also followed him into one of his most famous cameos: Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, which was a crossover that SNK was approached about as opposed to it being the other way around.

III. Legacy

There are not many characters in video games with as storied of a legacy as Terry Bogard. To just recap what we said at the top for emphasis, this man has been in 80 games since 1991. That is absolutely wild. I asked Oda-san to give his perspective on why he thinks Terry is such an enduring and popular character even 30 years later, and he said:

“I think his overall friendly-American-hero type design allows him to be easily distinguishable across the world. Additionally, he's comprised of the main colors red, blue, yellow, and white--which are often-times regarded as colors used for super heroes and mecha protagonists in Japan. These are some of the reasons why I think he's so popular.”

00-yw-15-1624468159083.jpg?fit=bounds&wi

Soeda-san meanwhile believes that Terry’s charm comes from his explosive and powerful fighting style is juxtaposed with his stylish design.

“I like how, as a character, he's someone who can be both happy-go-lucky and like a down to earth neighbor--which makes him feel like an actual person.”

Anthony..

It looks like SAG has the NeoSD Pro MVS back in stock somehow, as there is an add to cart button on its page. Don't wait if you want it. AES version is still there, as well.

I got a crapload of prize tickets from SAG when my NeoSD Pros shipped and I was planning on using those to basically get a MODE at around 50% off, but it looks like the MODE is out of stock right now. I've been thinking about maybe using it to get a free Neo Geo Pocket (Color) ROM cart from them instead, though. Not sure yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Excellent to know Steve. I need to visit SAG more since I haven't had the chance to do so as of late. But I use to order a good  amount of products from them in the past. So I should at least make good on my store credit I have there. 8^)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてNintendo Switchによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ #週末大会 https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1407717162656026624 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6395

Quote Tweet

icon_normal.gif

週末大会INFO

@vsnetinfo
· Jun 23
週末大会情報局: 第44回 サムスピ週末大会 on Switch 開催告知 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6395 #サムスピ #サムライスピリッツ #NintendoSwitch #週末大会

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてXbox Series X | Sによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ #週末大会 https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1407533033104625666 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6396

Quote Tweet

icon_normal.gif

週末大会INFO

@vsnetinfo
· Jun 22
週末大会情報局: 第14回 サムスピ週末大会 on Xbox 開催告知 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6396 #サムスピ #サムライスピリッツ #XboxSeriesX #XboxSeriesS #週末大会

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにて大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ #週末大会 https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1407570657571790857 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6397

Quote Tweet

icon_normal.gif

週末大会INFO

@vsnetinfo
· Jun 23
週末大会情報局: 第97回 サムスピ週末大会 開催告知 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=6397 #サムスピ #サムライスピリッツ #週末大会

Anthony..

On 6/25/2021 at 9:30 AM, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

BAR #オロチな人々 終了まであと6日! 当店自慢の超カッコイイブリスターケース入りアクリルフィギュア「#Blistech」に新キャラ大量追加! 店頭にズラ〜っと並ぶBlistechは圧巻です 飾る?or開ける?どっちも楽しめる自信作ですよ #akibaTVG #INDOR #SNK

BAR #オロチな人々 6 days to finish! Our proud super cool blister cased acrylic figure "#Blistech A large number of new characters have been added! Blichech lined up in the store is a masterpiece  decorate? or can you open it? It's a self-confident work that you can enjoy both  #akibaTVG#INDOR#SNK

Anthony..

Wow these are incredible what I would do to get my hands on some of these 

• Like 3

Hi guys,

[SAMURAI SHODOWN] We are currently working on implementing an offline mode for the Steam version. We expect a patch to be released in a couple of weeks, allowing you to play certain game modes without an internet connection. Thank you very much for your patience. #SNK #SamSho

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【SAMURAI SPIRITS】 シーズンパス3 DLCキャラクター第3弾「天草四郎時貞」の対戦動画を紹介! #SNK #サムスピ #天草四郎時貞 AMAKUSA vs. HAOHMARU https://youtu.be/NYXUcyVs_1w

[SAMURAI SPIRITS] Introducing the battle video of Season Pass 3 DLC character 3rd "Amakusa Shiro Tokisada"! #SNK#サムスピ#天草四郎時貞 AMAKUSA vs. HAOHMARU https://youtu.be/NYXUcyVs_1w

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【読者プレゼント企画第4弾!】 『#八神庵の異世界無双』著者 #蒼木雅彦 先生の直筆サイン入り色紙を抽選で3名様にプレゼント!! 公式アカウント( )をフォロー&このツイートをRTで応募完了です! <応募受付期間> 2021年6月25日(金)0:00 ~ 同年7月8日(木)23:59

[The 4th reader gift project! ] "#八神庵の異世界無双 』Author #蒼木雅彦 The teacher's autographed colored paper will be presented to 3 people by lottery !! Official account ( ) Follow & submit this tweet on RT! <Application acceptance period> June 25, 2021 (Friday) 0: 00-July 8, 2021 (Thursday) 23:59

Anthony

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Scarlet Sprities with another fun video to watch. Here we see him in action discussing about the top ten Neo-Geo games to play with friends. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Each time I have a group of friends or guests over I have a dilemma; what Neo Geo games should I place inside my MVS cabinet for them to play? Over the past few years I've found ten games that are hits with casual arcade gamers and normies. This is a list of my subjective findings!"

Anthony..

On 6/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Anthony..

Oh, those looks gorgeous in the blister box!. I have a couple of these acrylic stands and they just came in a transparent bag ?

• Like 1